Jump to content


Come and Brag About Your Accomplishments


  • Please log in to reply
3169 replies to this topic

dunniteowl #2921 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 07:21

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 31544 battles
  • 8,969
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

I had a great night.  I was carried about 1/3 of my wins, but I'll take it.  I didn't hide, I just couldn't get to the battles sometimes.

 

IN any case, I just rounded out 40 matches, winning 26 of them.  26/40 = 13/20 = 6.5/10 = 65% WR for the night!  

 

Make no mistake -- I have been coming in pretty high in my scores most of the day.  I also got to play more fast units today, so that was cool, too.  I earned most of those Ws and the few carries that happened today (honestly, it was like 5 or 6 games I was like -- no shots fired, no encounters, just trundling to where the battle is and then by the time I got there, my team had so cleaned up it wasn't funny).

 

I had a couple games in my SPGs where I hardly got a chance to aim in before some other unit killed it.  It was amazing.  Have had some really good teams tonight and I can't thank them enough for those carries, because, you know -- damnit, I got trounced plenty of times during my losing streaks while carrying a fail team, so I deserve these carries as compensation over time.

 

 

That's my story and I'm sticking with it!

 

Never QUIT

Never Surrender!

 

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO


Edited by dunniteowl, Sep 30 2019 - 07:21.


GAJohnnie #2922 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 15:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 10868 battles
  • 9,553
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View Postdunniteowl, on Sep 30 2019 - 01:21, said:

I had a great night.  I was carried about 1/3 of my wins, but I'll take it.  I didn't hide, I just couldn't get to the battles sometimes.

 

IN any case, I just rounded out 40 matches, winning 26 of them.  26/40 = 13/20 = 6.5/10 = 65% WR for the night!  

 

Make no mistake -- I have been coming in pretty high in my scores most of the day.  I also got to play more fast units today, so that was cool, too.  I earned most of those Ws and the few carries that happened today (honestly, it was like 5 or 6 games I was like -- no shots fired, no encounters, just trundling to where the battle is and then by the time I got there, my team had so cleaned up it wasn't funny).

 

I had a couple games in my SPGs where I hardly got a chance to aim in before some other unit killed it.  It was amazing.  Have had some really good teams tonight and I can't thank them enough for those carries, because, you know -- damnit, I got trounced plenty of times during my losing streaks while carrying a fail team, so I deserve these carries as compensation over time.

 

 

That's my story and I'm sticking with it!

 

Never QUIT

Never Surrender!

 

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Good to hear Dun!



banziduck #2923 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 15:23

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22716 battles
  • 1,013
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013

View Postdunniteowl, on Sep 30 2019 - 00:21, said:

I had a great night.  I was carried about 1/3 of my wins, but I'll take it.  I didn't hide, I just couldn't get to the battles sometimes.

 

IN any case, I just rounded out 40 matches, winning 26 of them.  26/40 = 13/20 = 6.5/10 = 65% WR for the night!  

 

Make no mistake -- I have been coming in pretty high in my scores most of the day.  I also got to play more fast units today, so that was cool, too.  I earned most of those Ws and the few carries that happened today (honestly, it was like 5 or 6 games I was like -- no shots fired, no encounters, just trundling to where the battle is and then by the time I got there, my team had so cleaned up it wasn't funny).

 

I had a couple games in my SPGs where I hardly got a chance to aim in before some other unit killed it.  It was amazing.  Have had some really good teams tonight and I can't thank them enough for those carries, because, you know -- damnit, I got trounced plenty of times during my losing streaks while carrying a fail team, so I deserve these carries as compensation over time.

 

 

That's my story and I'm sticking with it!

 

Never QUIT

Never Surrender!

 

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Nice Dunn myself well I played 103 games this weekend did a lot of streaming and my win rate was a lousy 46.6% that 48-53-2.  Now my WN8, Damage, and XP were all up which is what I see when that happens.  If I win a lot of games those there area suffer, if I am losing more they go up.  So I lose more but do better in battle then if I win.  Needless to say my win rate is suffering but I am playing better?  Also I do tend to play tier 7-10 more 8-10 and I was working on my grinding tanks more.  Anyway again Congrats.

 

Cheers



GAJohnnie #2924 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 15:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 10868 battles
  • 9,553
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

Hey BD

 

I see this in my history. I rarely have a weekend like this where I posted green stats and a purple win rate. I had a very good Sunday for once.  Usually I have a red win rate and green stats or a blue/purple win rate and red stats. 

 

It seems that if you are on a run of very bad teams they leave you lots of damage to harvest so your Wn8 goes up while your win rate dives. The reverse is true. You get on a run of very good teams, you win a lot but the blue/purples on your team harvest so much damage so fast they leave little for you to collect



banziduck #2925 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 16:01

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22716 battles
  • 1,013
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013

View PostGAJohnnie, on Sep 30 2019 - 08:58, said:

Hey BD

 

I see this in my history. I rarely have a weekend like this where I posted green stats and a purple win rate. I had a very good Sunday for once.  Usually I have a red win rate and green stats or a blue/purple win rate and red stats. 

 

It seems that if you are on a run of very bad teams they leave you lots of damage to harvest so your Wn8 goes up while your win rate dives. The reverse is true. You get on a run of very good teams, you win a lot but the blue/purples on your team harvest so much damage so fast they leave little for you to collect

GA that is very true if I think about it my win's did have low damage because I was generally chasing the game so good point.

 

Cheers



dunniteowl #2926 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 16:52

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 31544 battles
  • 8,969
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

Yes, I note, especially in my Slow TDs and SPGs that some of my highest damage games are on losses where I am just so damn busy just trying to keep some of my team mates ALIVE, just to watch them decide to leave cover and YOLO out in an unwinnable match.

 

It can be REALLY frustrating to watch that repeatedly when you play units that are SUPPORT heavy and require a team to sort of -- know, I guess, what to do in any given moment.

 

As I mentioned, last night I had team mates who were, on the whole quite good at coordinating their efforts.  I have to say, balanced or not, it is actually FUN to watch a team move in unison and coordination with nothing other than map pings and foresight.  It reminded me of that first time I played BF1942 on a server that allowed 128 people to play at once.  A couple of times I would grab a jeep and just scoot off to the side and WATCH all the characters moving at once and just MARVEL at the ability to play against 64 people on each side in a 30 minute long grudge match.

 

Last night was a little like that.  A couple of times, I literally parked myself with a good vantage point and, in between reloads, just Marveled at the view in front of me -- and I can only imagine how much more cool that might have looked in something more than lowest quality SD settings at 11 fps.  Still.  Man!

 

 

Hang in there, guys, I can FEEL the change coming.  

 

 

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO


Edited by dunniteowl, Sep 30 2019 - 16:53.


Peak_Bagger #2927 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 17:04

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 20376 battles
  • 1,462
  • [-T1B-] -T1B-
  • Member since:
    03-16-2017
I aced my SU-85 in my last game in it last night - 16k of XP in that game alone to unlock the SU-100. That's a satisfying, but it leaves me with questions. I had never intended to keep it, but it's such a good tank for its tier that I'm tempted to keep it. On the other hand, I'll need that crew for the SU-100, and the SU-100 apparently plays much like the SU-85, but with a much bigger gun. So I guess I'll sell the SU-85 on a high.  

GAJohnnie #2928 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 18:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 10868 battles
  • 9,553
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012
GG Peak! I use to hang on to everything but that was hanging on to too many tanks. I have reached the point I sell tech tree tanks since I was never going back to them. If I decide to ever go back, I can always re-buy them

GAJohnnie #2929 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 18:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 10868 battles
  • 9,553
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012
Code for the 30th is :   6A227N3P

dunniteowl #2930 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 03:01

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 31544 battles
  • 8,969
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostPeak_Bagger, on Sep 30 2019 - 10:04, said:

I aced my SU-85 in my last game in it last night - 16k of XP in that game alone to unlock the SU-100. That's a satisfying, but it leaves me with questions. I had never intended to keep it, but it's such a good tank for its tier that I'm tempted to keep it. On the other hand, I'll need that crew for the SU-100, and the SU-100 apparently plays much like the SU-85, but with a much bigger gun. So I guess I'll sell the SU-85 on a high.  

 

Sounds to me like you might need a tier II TD crew being trained right now for that SU-85 so your current 85 crew can move up.  I'm thinking about that right now with the AT-8 from the AT-2, but I need another Loader, I think it is.  I don't want to take my AT-2 crew out until I think my Alecto can have a new crew that makes it worth playing as well.  Turns out, I like that little tank -- a lot, even though it's at times quite frustrating to do well in it.

 

And Wing Up for that Ace, too!

 

 

OvO



stalkervision #2931 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 04:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 71574 battles
  • 9,819
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013
Getting better and better taking out clown cars in my tds. Lots of satisfaction in that. I also managed to get one to down himself in my panther spg. Clipped the opposing team for good damage and their last player on a clown car decided he could at least take out a spg and I got him to drown himself !  :D

ChaseR392 #2932 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 05:00

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9789 battles
  • 869
  • Member since:
    04-20-2018

View PostPeak_Bagger, on Sep 30 2019 - 17:04, said:

I aced my SU-85 in my last game in it last night - 16k of XP in that game alone to unlock the SU-100. That's a satisfying, but it leaves me with questions. I had never intended to keep it, but it's such a good tank for its tier that I'm tempted to keep it. On the other hand, I'll need that crew for the SU-100, and the SU-100 apparently plays much like the SU-85, but with a much bigger gun. So I guess I'll sell the SU-85 on a high.  


Play the SU-100 and you won't miss SU-85.... the 85 isn't a bad TD but that terrible view range is so frustrating in pubs....



dunniteowl #2933 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 05:47

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 31544 battles
  • 8,969
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View Poststalkervision, on Sep 30 2019 - 21:58, said:

Getting better and better taking out clown cars in my tds. Lots of satisfaction in that. I also managed to get one to down himself in my panther spg. Clipped the opposing team for good damage and their last player on a clown car decided he could at least take out a spg and I got him to drown himself !  :D

Played with you last night Stalkervision!  Was Studzianki and we won!

 

Love getting those clown cars.

 

 

OvO



Peak_Bagger #2934 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 06:08

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 20376 battles
  • 1,462
  • [-T1B-] -T1B-
  • Member since:
    03-16-2017

View Postdunniteowl, on Oct 01 2019 - 03:01, said:

 

Sounds to me like you might need a tier II TD crew being trained right now for that SU-85 so your current 85 crew can move up.  I'm thinking about that right now with the AT-8 from the AT-2, but I need another Loader, I think it is.  I don't want to take my AT-2 crew out until I think my Alecto can have a new crew that makes it worth playing as well.  Turns out, I like that little tank -- a lot, even though it's at times quite frustrating to do well in it.

 

And Wing Up for that Ace, too!

 

 

OvO

Thanks! Good suggestion. I have Tier V, VI and VII premium Russian TD's for training. But ChasR makes a great point. I didn't notice the HUGE improvement in the view range from the SU-85 to the SU-100. I must have been a little lucky in my pub games so far in the SU 85 and had people spotting for me. I think he's right - with the 100, I won't miss the 85. Done and done. Thanks guys!



stalkervision #2935 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 06:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 71574 battles
  • 9,819
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View Postdunniteowl, on Sep 30 2019 - 23:47, said:

Played with you last night Stalkervision!  Was Studzianki and we won!

 

Love getting those clown cars.

 

 

OvO

That's pretty neat. We won,even better ! :great:



GAJohnnie #2936 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 14:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 10868 battles
  • 9,553
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012
I do enjoy the dramatic way a clown car usually dies. I saw a French TD hit one just as another tank hit the other side while it was racing across the cap on Provkarvka. It went cartwheeling end over end across the cap.It was glorious

dunniteowl #2937 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 15:02

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 31544 battles
  • 8,969
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostGAJohnnie, on Oct 01 2019 - 07:31, said:

I do enjoy the dramatic way a clown car usually dies. I saw a French TD hit one just as another tank hit the other side while it was racing across the cap on Provkarvka. It went flipping end over end across the cap.It was glorious

 

My favorite Wheelie death so far was catching one trying to get me in my Bishop on Serene Coast.  I was at South end near that hillock across the railroad tracks just west of cap.  I saw him coming and got into that 'hole' in that hillock and waited.  He was about 100m away and I hit him for 150 or so.  Then he got into my spot and I 'punched' him in the face for another 200 or so.  I was sure I was dead and he RAN AWAY!  He had 10s of time to HE me to death and instead he ran away!  So I nailed him just before he got over the rise to the north in that 'valley' and he bounced up a tank length and then disappeared over the edge.

 

The whole time I was like, "Well, I'm dead.  I'm going to try to get him, too."  I did, but I never thought I'd see a Wheelie Run Away, Run Away from something they thought (and in fact was) so easy to kill.  If he had just come right up to me and kept blapping me, he would have walked out the winner.

 

Some of the things we get to see in this game are, at times, pretty damn funny.

 

 

OvO



banziduck #2938 Posted Oct 01 2019 - 15:06

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22716 battles
  • 1,013
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013

Video of the day MiddleAgedNoob

Cheers



ChaseR392 #2939 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 05:58

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9789 battles
  • 869
  • Member since:
    04-20-2018

First battle in my new TL-1 LPC, first battle of the day.

 

Posted Image

 

Highest damage on the team. Seems like a good tank, and the guys from The Offspring say funny one-liners during battle.

 

Posted Image

 

Second battle of the day, highest damage on the team, put at least 1 round into 9 of the 15 enemy tanks and managed to shoot and then ram to death a wheelie....

 

Played 3 more battles.... added one more highest damage game. At that point I was 1-4 averaging 2000 dpg…. decided to call it a night.

 

Maybe its time to take a couple days off.... :(



banziduck #2940 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 14:32

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22716 battles
  • 1,013
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013

Video of the day Nonamanadus

Cheers






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users