• Please log in to reply
3037 replies to this topic

ChaseR392 #2961 Posted Oct 14 2019 - 06:08

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8833 battles

View Postel_01, on Oct 14 2019 - 05:40, said:

I did bad today, didn't feel like I contributed. Then this:

Camped in the back like a dirty person. There were far too many targets, you can see me panicking a little with just how many things I can shoot.

I feel like I let my team down at the end by brawling with the Archer and not disengaging, which could have allowed me to carry on, and maybe even win. This is the first time I've been awarded "Courageous resistance" credits and bonus though. At least this will try to make me improve how I handle endgame situations.

I watched the replay el,

I wouldn't beat yourself up.... I don't think there is anything else you could have done different to win that battle. Your team lost as soon as they failed to cover the flank that goes through the castle.... 1/3 of the enemy team snuck through there without being spotted, got up into the corner and started shelling the tanks that thought they were safe on the backside of the hill in front of cap. Sure you could have gone over there.... but then you would have been alone, likely out-spotted by one of their TDs or got into a brawl which a Chi-Nu simply can't survive. 

IMO, you positioned yourself correctly as 2nd line support and used your tanks stout gun to whittle down the reds. 

banziduck #2962 Posted Oct 14 2019 - 11:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21959 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View Postel_01, on Oct 13 2019 - 22:40, said:

I did bad today, didn't feel like I contributed. Then this:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5056889

Spoiler (More stats)

Camped in the back like a dirty person. There were far too many targets, you can see me panicking a little with just how many things I can shoot.

I feel like I let my team down at the end by brawling with the Archer and not disengaging, which could have allowed me to carry on, and maybe even win. This is the first time I've been awarded "Courageous resistance" credits and bonus though. At least this will try to make me improve how I handle endgame situations.

el, I have not seen the replay but based on the game panels you played well.

Cheers

dunniteowl #2963 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 00:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Last few days have been just -- well -- awful, for the most part when it comes to playing.  The other day I managed a 28.7% WR in 27 games or so.  Last night I was just slight less than 50% with about 24 games.  Lucky me, some of that just makes me shake my head and laugh, even though it is, admittedly, a bit frustrating to watch teams melt like hot butter around you and you're the popcorn in the pan.

Then again, I think games are FOR learning how to deal with that sort of frustration with some semblance of grace.  So you learn, over time, to keep your head, even when the blades are spinning manure for reals.

So you don't have a full 100% crew.  So you don't have Skills or Perks.  You don't load Gold.  Well, neither did this tank, as far as that goes.  I had a really good game in this unit.  Very early on I thought I'd completely blown it and I was toast.  Somehow, I managed to escape death and I managed to continue to abuse my spot throughout the game to one degree or another.

Here's the replay:  M8A1/92% Crew on Fisherman's Bay -- Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive!

Enjoy and remember, y'all, check that frame rate and ping.  If I can do it with this kind of stuff, I KNOW you can, too -- if you learn how the game works.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Boghie #2964 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 02:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8733 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Uh,

What just happened here...

http://wotreplays.eu...hie-churchill_i

So many Muppet Moments.

Better to be lucky then good, but there was goodness as well.

el_01 #2965 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 03:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3612 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5057720

The hell happened here? I sat around like a complete idiot and somehow I got 1.9K damage bounced. As I was typing "How am I still alive" I got killed by the Schmalturm. Panzer T25 called me an idiot, I think they're just salty that they didn't get the stupid bounces I did xD.

Spoiler (More Stats)

Also, somehow the O-I Experimental on my team got Steel Wall even though they didn't bounce 1K, didn't bounce from more than 11 opponents, and didn't bounce more than I did. TF? Edit: Nvm, I accidentally shot the T-34 trying to do echelon with me. Whoops.

ChaseR392 #2966 Posted Oct 15 2019 - 05:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8833 battles

View Postel_01, on Oct 15 2019 - 03:37, said:

The hell happened here? I sat around like a complete idiot and somehow I got 1.9K damage bounced. 

You're driving a Jumbo :great:

el_01 #2967 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 04:00

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3612 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Well, things have ascended to a new high.

Called an "idiot"  (and something not as nice) twice today, first by a decent player and then by 1.8K battle guy with something to prove and an ego as big as planet Earth.

Decent player called me an idiot for playing a bit passively in the ARL when there were 2 KV-2s on Ensk. You want to get oneshot? This is how you get oneshot. Not doing that. Still did top damage on team, they were middle-of-pack. Sent them a message asking "Why you heff to be mad? It's only a game". They still haven't replied.

Second battle happened just now. Inflated ego bloke in the Grille (the tank they have the highest experience in by the way) yelled at me for retreating from a flank and claiming that that was "hyper aggression". I sent them a message with the WoT welcome package and asked them to put theirselves in my shoes. Then a huge argument happened where they called me "dumb as a rock" (pot calling kettle black much?) and then I did the blacklist. I did highest damage on team. They did 71 damage. 71. They got 71 XP as well though lol.

Feels good. I haven't been called "hacker" by anyone yet, showing that I'm still a tomato :).

Edited by el_01, Oct 16 2019 - 04:01.

JennaKillz #2968 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 05:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12680 battles
  • [H_F] H_F
Out of 13 battles today 12 times I was on the winning team. Nice to have great teammates :)

dunniteowl #2969 Posted Oct 16 2019 - 15:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View PostJennaKillz, on Oct 15 2019 - 22:45, said:

Out of 13 battles today 12 times I was on the winning team. Nice to have great teammates :)

I K R ?

Makes all the difference.

OvO

ethics_gradient #2970 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 05:10

Major

• Players
  • 41992 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

Sorry - I saved the screenshot, but I don't seem to be able to paste it onto this post.  But here are the results:

Victory!

Map: Lakeville
Vehicles: SU-85B
Exp: 1,699  Credits: 26,743  Bonds: 12
Battle achievements: Top Gun, High Caliber, Defender, Halonen's Medal, Pascucci's Medal, De Langlade's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Ammunition: -27 380 
Total: -637   WN8: 22 443 (100)

2600 damage in a Tier IV tank, with 8 kills.  100 cap points defended.

dunniteowl #2971 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 14:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View Postethics_gradient, on Oct 17 2019 - 22:10, said:

Sorry - I saved the screenshot, but I don't seem to be able to paste it onto this post.  But here are the results:

Victory!

Map: Lakeville
Vehicles: SU-85B
Exp: 1,699  Credits: 26,743  Bonds: 12
Battle achievements: Top Gun, High Caliber, Defender, Halonen's Medal, Pascucci's Medal, De Langlade's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Ammunition: -27 380 
Total: -637   WN8: 22 443 (100)

2600 damage in a Tier IV tank, with 8 kills.  100 cap points defended.

See the Sticked Post: How to use "imgur" to post a picture to the forums so you can post images.

The long and short of it:

1) Get an Imgur account (they're free)

2) Upload your images to your Imgur account (you can make a gallery for JUST WoT screen images, I did)

3) Use the share links on your images to copy paste them here.

Then you can do this:

Posted Image

And talk about what you show.  That was a very fun and exciting battle I had + I carried that time. Yay me.

Like that.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

ethics_gradient #2972 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 17:24

Major

• Players
  • 41992 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

We started on the south side of the map. The other team pushed very hard through the valley.  Many of our players went town.  Our tanks were wiped out in the valley, and our arty did not pay enough attention to move.  I was on the center road, but when I saw the valley being swarmed, I moved to a spot where I could defend the cap while being unspotted.  Sure enough, the other team came to our cap circle, but our spotters died one-by-one while I was shooting. 

Meanwhile, we somehow managed to lose most of our tanks in town too, leaving two heavies who refused to attack a couple of TD's  An alecto and I ended up holding the cap (I have 100 total defense points), and everyone else on our team died.  They still had 2 arty and 2-3 other tanks.  Eventually, the alecto died.  I had to kill their last 4 tanks.  As an aside, I was bottom tier.  :-)

8 kills, 2 more damaged.  2600 hp damage, and over 22k WN8.

Edited by ethics_gradient, Oct 18 2019 - 17:32.

MiddleAgedNoob #2973 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 17:44

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18499 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View Postethics_gradient, on Oct 18 2019 - 11:24, said:

We started on the south side of the map. The other team pushed very hard through the valley.  Many of our players went town.  Our tanks were wiped out in the valley, and our arty did not pay enough attention to move.  I was on the center road, but when I saw the valley being swarmed, I moved to a spot where I could defend the cap while being unspotted.  Sure enough, the other team came to our cap circle, but our spotters died one-by-one while I was shooting. 

Meanwhile, we somehow managed to lose most of our tanks in town too, leaving two heavies who refused to attack a couple of TD's  An alecto and I ended up holding the cap (I have 100 total defense points), and everyone else on our team died.  They still had 2 arty and 2-3 other tanks.  Eventually, the alecto died.  I had to kill their last 4 tanks.  As an aside, I was bottom tier.  :-)

8 kills, 2 more damaged.  2600 hp damage, and over 22k WN8.

Great game!  Your heart must have been pounding at the finish.  Have you put the replay on wotreplays.eu?  I'd like to watch it.

GLHF

ethics_gradient #2974 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 18:09

Major

• Players
  • 41992 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

Here's teh replay.  Sorry about spreading this over several posts, but I'm learning how to brag . . .

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5060968#lakeville-ethics_gradient-su-85b

dunniteowl #2975 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 19:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

No worries, there was a time when MY "Web-Fu" was not strong.  We all rise at our own rates and times.

Did my explanation help?

OvO

ethics_gradient #2976 Posted Oct 18 2019 - 20:03

Major

• Players
  • 41992 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View Postdunniteowl, on Oct 18 2019 - 13:59, said:

No worries, there was a time when MY "Web-Fu" was not strong.  We all rise at our own rates and times.

Did my explanation help?

OvO

yes.  thanks

GAJohnnie #2977 Posted Oct 20 2019 - 01:33

Major

• Players
  • 10692 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

And just like that I loved the game again...

ChaseR392 #2978 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 03:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8833 battles

I still hate this tank... lol.

Posted Image

Been working on the E 50m on track and although the Tier 6 "Panther" isn't too bad... I for the most part can't catch a freakin' break with the T7 Panther. It really isn't a bad tank.... but rarely can it help carry a game. I can deal with the weak armor and the size.... but the fact that it can't really peak a ridge too well is just totally frustrating. It can't do anything but keep back away from close action and slowly whittle down enemies 110hp at a time, which works OK if your team doesn't fold like a cheap suit.... The only reason I was able to rack up the damage I did in this battle was that the reds were too busy trying to dodge my hailstorm of shells to take careful aim at me...

Had some more really great games tonight in my Lorraine 40t.... and lost every one of them. Gets frustrating to pump out nearly 3k damage in a tank that can be penned by anything and lose because your teammates cut and run when the first shell wizzes past them. All they have to do is make a half-hearted attempt to hold some ground and I can cut loose with 1200 dmg bursts every 40 secs..... :unsure: Anyway.... its official, the 40t is my favorite tank in the entire game.... now that it has a decent crew it is a joy to play. I managed to turn my WN8 in the tank from red to green in 20 games....

Since Tier 8 was a dumpster fire tonight.... I decided to hop down to Tier 3 and relax.

Posted Image

This battle was a riot.... I just charged up the "heavy alley" with my gun blazing.... taking out the T56 GMC, mauled their Type 91, killed the UE 57 and the Stuart, made to the enemy cap where I shot and rammed the T-127 to death and then took out the Chi-ha while his rounds just bounced off me. Yes I was spamming gold, and I'm not the least bit sorry about it.... fired 30 rounds and still made credits.

el_01 #2979 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 06:00

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3612 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Chase, I feel ya. I finally finished the KV-13 today. The new tank charm wore off and it acted like a pile of crap for the rest of the time I've had it. The tank is just so mediocre. The T-43 at least feels more mobile. The KV-13 is the following:

• Mediocre Armour: Same-tier or T6s? Say goodbye to any chance of bouncing.
  • Mediocre Gun: Fails to pen the FRONT of a Tiger P with gold. Also sees tier 9s.
  • Mediocre View Range: -_-
  • Mediocre Speed: OK top speed but takes soooooo long to get there.
  • Gun depression: Nonexistent.

Can't wait to play the stock IS. Yaaaaaay. 

So today I did a compensation round in my statpad tank ahem Strv 74. Didn't do twice my HP like I'm capable of doing but still did OK.

Been trying to colonise some things with the Crusader, it's working out OK, until the Germans and Americans ruin your fun. 

Not much to brag about other than I managed to cause myself enough pain and suffering to get to the IS. Furst T7 heavy, hopefully it's good. I'm starting the sacrifice of political dissidents for that sweet sweet RNG. Just kidding.

ChaseR392 #2980 Posted Oct 22 2019 - 06:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8833 battles

View Postel_01, on Oct 22 2019 - 06:00, said:

Chase, I feel ya. I finally finished the KV-13 today. The new tank charm wore off and it acted like a pile of crap for the rest of the time I've had it. The tank is just so mediocre. 

I here ya el,

I enjoy the KV-13 when I feel like playing it.... but then I again its one of those "fun when I gold-spam" tanks due to the gun being a bit underwhelming. I can't comment on the stock IS, because I free Xp'd the top gun right away.... I never play stock tanks at higher tiers because it is hard enough to win when you've got 3 or 4 mouth-breathers on your team with sub-30% hit rates averaging less than 150 dpg playing Tier 8....

The fully upgraded IS isn't a bad tank.... decent side-scraper if you can hide the hull shoulders (like the KV-13). More accurate than it gets credit for if you let it fully aim.

Edited by ChaseR392, Oct 22 2019 - 06:20.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users