We need tier 4 Cw's. That's my opinion.

GeorgePreddy #62 Posted Dec 31 2016 - 20:36

Major

• Players
  • 14282 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View Postswagglessboy, on Dec 31 2016 - 04:41, said:

So... 4 man team... all Luchs and this would give tier 6 Klown Wartz players someone to rag on and put down.

Tier 6 players could tell the tier 4 players how irrelevant they are.  Cool.

MarkyMarkThePrincess #63 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 00:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 11762 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Well the main reason why people hate T6 CW is because all the T6 people think they should get the same gold as T10. It's funny because they complain that they want more gold but they set on there T6 map and not try T10.And it's not like T10 is not that much more gold anyways. WG pls fix :(

moon111 #64 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 03:08

Captain

• Players
  • 25869 battles

The only problem with tier six clan wars is you're always going to have players that should be playing at a higher level.

We're almost winning based on who is available or not.  We're not all at the same level.  Some are 7k personal rating, others are <1,500.

But one thing that has been cool is generating some coin for the clan.  We've used that to generate interest in not only our clan,

but the game.  In-clan competitions in a training room, rewards for participation, in-clan replay contest.  It's things like that the

gold really helps with.  Overall, it helps us grow.

The_Fabulous_Mr_Mocoman #65 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 22:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8149 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View Postswagglessboy, on Dec 30 2016 - 23:41, said:

Why settle for tier 4. Lets do tier 1 clan wars, and have it be 1vs1 smack down! Best man wins the world.

mumblecorefilms #66 Posted Jan 07 2017 - 19:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34051 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E

View PostTolos, on Jul 24 2016 - 10:09, said:

What a monumentally stupid idea.

not really, the entire system is screwed up. you can only play Cromwell so many times before you bore yourself to death. besides, how many clans sit in tier 6 and never move.  of course, I expect your 1 dimensional concept of the game to remark as you did, rather than look at it with a more open intuitive and thought provoking intellectual concept of change and progression. yes please say in your self built dungeon with it's 50 ft walls.

Echo_Sniper #67 Posted Jan 08 2017 - 02:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 20333 battles
  • [OTT-V] OTT-V

View Postmumblecorefilms, on Jan 07 2017 - 13:35, said:

not really, the entire system is screwed up. you can only play Cromwell so many times before you bore yourself to death. besides, how many clans sit in tier 6 and never move.  of course, I expect your 1 dimensional concept of the game to remark as you did, rather than look at it with a more open intuitive and thought provoking intellectual concept of change and progression. yes please say in your self built dungeon with it's 50 ft walls.

You are monumentally stupid.

Tier VI and VIII tried to solve a problem that was present before CW 2.0, which was that newer players had difficulty getting into clan wars. The new system has several consequences which have been neglected by WG. The main one is that it divides the CW community in 3. And while it might be good for the RU region, NA just doesn't have the population to make all 3 tiers active. Let's not also forget that it divides the gold earning, making it less interesting to fight for land. The other important one is that there is quite literally no incentives for the top dogs of tier VI or VIII CW to move up. In fact quite the opposite happens, as a move up offers you only marginally better gold earnings. And only if you are successful.

The reason why tier VI is the laughing stock is that a) mostly bad clans hang out there, b) the meta has been fairly static since it launched and c) it's not tier X CW which is a lot more competitive.

Accidental_ArchAngel #68 Posted Jan 08 2017 - 20:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 7612 battles

View PostSilvers_, on Jul 19 2016 - 18:01, said:

There have been numerous posts about why it's horrible.

It doesn't translate at ALL to t10 CW's. It needs to be at least 10v10 to have any relevance. Otherwise it's just fastbois, RNG and yolo rush. Doesn't teach you anything other than focus fire which you can do in SH's.

At 10v10 it would allow for some strats at least and the ability to use scouts and heavies like you would at 8.  As it is, T6 it's either fastboi comps or derp heavies. And when your T6 derp heavy can 1 shot any tank on the field it's not really balanced.

At T8 the heavies can't 1 shot anything and people actually bring a mix of tanks and run strats to s degree. Even at T8 i'd like to see it 15v15 to make the prep for T10 easier. 

Might I ask you - who is 'prepping' for tier 10's?

Some are, sure, but some of us have already had all the long seasons and prize tanks we ever wanted, and really appreciate the comradery and light nature of tier 6 clan wars.  I took about two years off from 'elite' tier 10 clan wars, and really was only playing the game once in a while when I was asked to check out a tier 6 clan wars clan  

You know what?  It's cheaper to run (don't really need a premium account to sustain it), and it's fun.   

That's all there is to tier 6 clan wars and skirmishes... it's fun and easy.  Coincidentally, that's all I want from the game as a past-time anymore.

Accidental_ArchAngel #69 Posted Jan 08 2017 - 20:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 7612 battles

View Postmumblecorefilms, on Jan 07 2017 - 18:35, said:

How many clans did you originally interview who wanted to move, but then didn't?  You are interjecting the idea that it's a fore-gone conclusion that tier 6 clan wars are leading toward anything other than a way to play and spend time without the investments in time, grinding and premium accounts.

JA_Pinkerton #70 Posted Jan 10 2017 - 10:01

Major

• Players
  • 28760 battles
Tier VI CW is far more enjoyable then tier VIII.  I can't stand tier VIII CW.

sidewinderwill #71 Posted Jan 10 2017 - 19:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 45494 battles
  • [SIDE] SIDE
SIDE is a clan that could run t8 or t10 and  not be competitive. We are finding some success at t8 but mostly run the T6 clan wars as a way to earn some gold for the clan and give back to players. The last clan event we played T10 and T8 and simply put it was not fun to go up against clans with better strats and more skill. We had some success at top clans and it was a great feeling but over all it was a nightly beat down. Many building clans like SIDE can be a wildcard against some T8 clans and T10 and expose weakness but over all find it hard to compete at that tier.  Thank you War gaming for allowing clans compete at T6 earn gold and give back to its players. I would actually like to see T6 locked to a X clan rating or below.

mumblecorefilms #72 Posted Jan 13 2017 - 16:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34051 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E

View PostEcho_Sniper, on Jan 07 2017 - 20:36, said:

You are monumentally stupid.

Tier VI and VIII tried to solve a problem that was present before CW 2.0, which was that newer players had difficulty getting into clan wars. The new system has several consequences which have been neglected by WG. The main one is that it divides the CW community in 3. And while it might be good for the RU region, NA just doesn't have the population to make all 3 tiers active. Let's not also forget that it divides the gold earning, making it less interesting to fight for land. The other important one is that there is quite literally no incentives for the top dogs of tier VI or VIII CW to move up. In fact quite the opposite happens, as a move up offers you only marginally better gold earnings. And only if you are successful.

The reason why tier VI is the laughing stock is that a) mostly bad clans hang out there, b) the meta has been fairly static since it launched and c) it's not tier X CW which is a lot more competitive.

must be difficult for you to even close an umbrella.

The_Fabulous_Mr_Mocoman #73 Posted Jan 14 2017 - 08:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8149 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
RIP tier 6 clan wars.

SPACEDUDE71 #74 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 16:04

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12112 battles
Theres plenty of clans playing t10 cw. In fact the best clans play,And less bad clans play at t10.
So now this season we can really see who is best at holding land.
In the past some clans used new and mediocre clans to feed off of. Not so much now.
  Soon they will drop to t8 cws. And thats whats in anticipatiin. What upper clans will drop down to have the chance to land.

Random__Task #75 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 18:44

Captain

• Players
  • 17159 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
It's not end-game content.  That, and it's cancer.

The_Fabulous_Mr_Mocoman #76 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 11:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8149 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
Why didn't wargaming na kill tier 6 clan wars. Russia and eu did, and they are better off for it.

Roccandil #77 Posted Jan 23 2017 - 17:03

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5319 battles

Looks like this season not only does T6 not get gold for VPs or tasks, it also doesn't get medals. Yet WG gives T6 an enormous map. The T8 and T10 maps seem tiny when I look at them.

I do wonder, though, how many extra provinces would be added to T8 and T10 if WG dropped T6 and added the gold T6 represents as new provinces to T8 and T10. Would T8 and T10 really be that much bigger?

wisky711 #78 Posted Jan 27 2017 - 03:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 9964 battles

View PostSilvers_, on Jul 19 2016 - 19:01, said:

There have been numerous posts about why it's horrible.

It doesn't translate at ALL to t10 CW's. It needs to be at least 10v10 to have any relevance. Otherwise it's just fastbois, RNG and yolo rush. Doesn't teach you anything other than focus fire which you can do in SH's.

At 10v10 it would allow for some strats at least and the ability to use scouts and heavies like you would at 8.  As it is, T6 it's either fastboi comps or derp heavies. And when your T6 derp heavy can 1 shot any tank on the field it's not really balanced.

At T8 the heavies can't 1 shot anything and people actually bring a mix of tanks and run strats to s degree. Even at T8 i'd like to see it 15v15 to make the prep for T10 easier. 

ya i play a lot of T6 Clan wars and strongholds and about nothing that you learn in 7v7 Cromwell fest helps in T8. My clan has been trying for a long time to try T8 skirmishes and they tend to not understand the differences.

With a lot of sub 1000 Wn8 players it is hard to teach them how it works at T8. Also because of the way T6 is set up it is focused on micro managing and not personal ability it also can make the jump form T6 to T10 Very difficult.

The only good skill that can come out of T6 is focus fire. T6 and T8 matches are won and lost on focus fire and if they can't use that skill effectively at T6 7v7 I don't think they could at T6 10v10 or more.

If they were to move to a 10v10 mode then I feel we would struggle but a change like this is really needed.

Also tagged with CW, tier6, clans

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users