Question about UI scaling

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

VitekRL #1 Posted Jul 25 2016 - 16:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 3132 battles
  • [SHACK] SHACK

Hello everyone.  I am running a 24" 1080P monitor, and have a great dislike of jaggies.  My computer can run the game with DSR (Downscaling higher resolutions to 1080P) at wonderful framerates, but i find the UI is effectively unusable.  My eye sight isnt what it used to be, and when running the game at 4K downscaled to 1080p, at default settings its impossible to play.  The game can double the UI in options but this looks really terrible on a 1080p screen (its all way too big). 

Are there any mods, or methods, to custom scale the UI?  Id prefer to run the game at or around 1440p DSR but even then, its too small, and the 2x option doesnt seem to even be available at that res and I imagine it would look even more enormous than at 4k. 

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #2 Posted Jul 25 2016 - 17:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50265 battles
Maybe I'm not understanding the question. Are you setting the game resolution (in the graphics settings) to match your screen resolution? There is also an aspect ration adjustment for wide screens.

yop0poy #3 Posted Jul 25 2016 - 17:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 10956 battles
  • [RO-TD] RO-TD

mod

http://wotsite.net/m...zresheniem.html

Edited by yop0poy, Jul 25 2016 - 17:07.

t8z5h3 #4 Posted Jul 25 2016 - 17:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 28245 battles
  • [DI-FI] DI-FI

yes,

i used to run Dynamic supper res two.

what you can do is there is a hidden scalier in the settings that should be unhidden if you load up the game with DSR, 

it will scale 1.0,1.5 and 2.0 if i remember right.

Albie_Vickers #5 Posted Jul 25 2016 - 17:52

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostVitekRL, on Jul 25 2016 - 16:47, said:

Hello everyone.  I am running a 24" 1080P monitor, and have a great dislike of jaggies.  My computer can run the game with DSR (Downscaling higher resolutions to 1080P) at wonderful framerates, but i find the UI is effectively unusable.  My eye sight isnt what it used to be, and when running the game at 4K downscaled to 1080p, at default settings its impossible to play.  The game can double the UI in options but this looks really terrible on a 1080p screen (its all way too big). 

Are there any mods, or methods, to custom scale the UI?  Id prefer to run the game at or around 1440p DSR but even then, its too small, and the 2x option doesnt seem to even be available at that res and I imagine it would look even more enormous than at 4k. 

Well I am 71 and have a similar problem, but I just dont understand your solution the terminology is beyond me and I would like to know!

VitekRL #6 Posted Jul 25 2016 - 18:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 3132 battles
  • [SHACK] SHACK

@Albie, DSR basically forces a game to render at a higher resolution internally and then scales it back down to your monitors resolution.  It makes everything look much sharper and better.  Its basically a brute force means of Anti-Aliasing for games that have no or really poor AA methods.  A drawback though, is that the UI in games will get shrunk pretty massively.  Most games UI can be scaled but WoT's scaling is really poor and clunky.  

@yop0

Uhh, any chance of a translation of the actual text in the .json file you linked.  Its extremely helpful, and thank you, but im wondering if there are any examples that can be more easily observed for an english speaker.

yop0poy #7 Posted Jul 25 2016 - 18:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 10956 battles
  • [RO-TD] RO-TD

View PostVitekRL, on Jul 25 2016 - 12:27, said:

Uhh, any chance of a translation of the actual text in the .json file you linked. 

looks almost same options from old UI scaling mod from  http://www.locastan.com/products.htm

<UIscale>200</UIscale> <!-- UI element scale factor in percent - 200 is default -->
<rightPlayersPanelX>2830</rightPlayersPanelX> <!-- UI element scale factor in percent - 200 is default -->
<killMessagesX>3150</killMessagesX> <!-- X coordinate for "PlayerX killed PlayerY" messages -->
<vehicleMessagesX>-500</vehicleMessagesX> <!-- X coordinate for "Module on your tank damaged" messages -->
<vehicleMessagesY>260</vehicleMessagesY> <!-- Y coordinate for "Module on your tank damaged" messages -->
<consumablesPanelY>260</consumablesPanelY> <!-- Y coordinate for the consumables and ammo panel -->
<damagePanelY>1700</damagePanelY> <!-- Y coordinate for the damage panel -->
<chatY>850</chatY> <!-- Y coordinate for the chat -->
<crosshairX>0</crosshairX> <!-- X coordinate for the crosshair -->
<crosshairY>160</crosshairY> <!-- Y coordinate for the crosshair -->
<bigtimerX>300</bigtimerX> <!-- X coordinate for the big timer during battle waiting -->
<ribbonY>51</ribbonY> <!-- Y coordinate for the ingame reward "ribbons" popup top center -->

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users