• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1755 replies to this topic

GhostPrime #1 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:05

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Greetings Tankers!

Wargaming is pleased to announce an update to our Rules and Violations policy. We’ve heard your requests for more transparency regarding how violations are handled and we want to provide this to you.

We are committed to providing everyone with a positive gaming experience, and a key part of that is how we handle our rules and what happens when they are violated. Our goal with this update is to reward players who contribute positively to our games, and to make sure there are policies in place to help keep our games as safe as possible for everyone.

Earn Rewards for Good Behavior

The most important part of our new policy is the addition of rewards! Players who step up to the challenge and consistently exhibit good behavior will be rewarded every three months.

Everyone who has no game, chat, or forum violations during the 3 month period:

• Will receive a token of appreciation from Wargaming - these could be things like Premium consumables or other in-game items.
  • Will be entered into a drawing for ninety (90) days of Premium time. Fifty (50) random players will be selected to receive this Premium time!

All players that have no game, chat, or forum violations for an entire year will be entered into a drawing for a selection of in-game items worth $250. One (1) player will be selected to receive this package of items that would include things like Premium Time, rare vehicles, and Gold.

Start Date

Our new policy will go into effect on August 8, 2016 . We are providing it here today so that everyone can be aware of these changes in advance. 

As we are rolling out the updates to our policy, we will be wiping the slate clean for every Wargaming customer with an active account.* Any previous in-game sanctions, chat violations, or forum warnings will no longer count against you. (Players who are already permanently banned are NOT eligible to be unbanned and receive a clean slate).

How Strikes Work

Previously, violations would “roll off” and no longer count against you after a certain period of time. This left open the possibility for people to “game the system” by improving behavior only long enough to let their violation roll off.

Under the new policy:

• Players will receive one warning, and each offense afterwards will then count as a “strike” against the account.
  • Each strike received will come will a restriction. Restrictions increase with each strike.
  • Important: Strikes do not roll off!
  •  Once you have reached 5 strikes, your account is eligible to be permanently restricted.
    • 5 strikes in chat violations can result in a permanent chat ban.
    • 5 strikes in game violations can result in a permanent game ban.
    • 5 strikes in the forums can result in a permanent forum ban.
  • If you believe a strike was placed on your account incorrectly, submit a Penalty Appeal as a Support ticket and we will thoroughly review the issue.

Please note! For extremely severe violations, an account can be restricted with less than the above number of strikes, at the sole discretion of Wargaming employees. Wargaming reserves the right to review each situation and take the best action based on the individual details of the particular issue.

We have provided a detailed explanation of exactly what this means for in-game behavior, chat behavior, and forum behavior.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/680

We believe these new policies will help improve everyone’s overall experience, keep the games you love as friendly as possible. Our desire is not to punish people – we want to have a clear policy in place  and then hold players accountable for their behavior in order to ensure we do everything we can to provide you with the best possible gaming experience! At the same time, we want to reward those who step up to meet these expectations consistently.

*Please note – accounts that were banned under the previous system will remain banned. Existing banned accounts are not eligible for a clean slate.

If you have any questions, please place them in the comments below.

GhostPrime #2 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:06

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

F.A.Q. will be continuously updated as more questions come in.

I don't want to lose my account because players gang up and report me. Will this happen?

No one will be banned based on reports only. Reports must be verified on our end with chat logs, replays, screenshots, or game logs in order to result in a strike. If you aren't getting banned currently, and are doing nothing wrong, then you won't be banned in the new system if you continue to do nothing wrong.

How does this affect the automated TK system already in place?

The automated TK system is not affected by the new policy - penalties and sanctions issued by the automated system do not count as strikes. The new policy affects chat, and other EULA violations that get reported in game, and only affects bans that are manually placed by WG staff.

How do you handle players who report someone for a post that they just don't like?

We do a full investigation into the reports, spamming the report system is also against the rules. No one will be banned strictly based on reports. Reports must be verified on our end with chat logs, replays, screenshots, or game logs in order to result in a strike.

If I get a point and I do not agree with the reason, how to I file an appeal?

If you feel you have been sanctioned unfairly, you may appeal via a ticket to support, and they will perform an investigation into the matter.

Are players notified of their warnings?

Yes, you will receive a notification of your strikes via email for in-game or forum message for forums. This will include the reason you got your strike.

If I'm in game and say something for the sake of blowing off steam, will I get a strike?

If you are given a warning for this, it means it was reported and determined to break our in game rules. These rules have not changed.

When this program gets rolled out, myself and with the help of Nyx will be looking at the reports and strikes to see if anything is unfair, or heavy handed. If we find any that are we will look into reversing the strike. If anyone gets a strike they feel is unfair, please let me know and we will look into it. Not all strikes will get reversed, but this announcement is to inform everyone of what we are doing to make sure that the moderation is consistent and fair.

Edited by GhostPrime, Aug 03 2016 - 00:49.

diesel__1 #3 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 8095 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on Aug 01 2016 - 11:05, said:

Greetings Tankers!

Wargaming is pleased to announce an update to our Rules and Violations policy. We’ve heard your requests for more transparency regarding how violations are handled and we want to provide this to you.

We are committed to providing everyone with a positive gaming experience, and a key part of that is how we handle our rules and what happens when they are violated. Our goal with this update is to reward players who contribute positively to our games, and to make sure there are policies in place to help keep our games as safe as possible for everyone.

Earn Rewards for Good Behavior

The most important part of our new policy is the addition of rewards! Players who step up to the challenge and consistently exhibit good behavior will be rewarded every three months.

Everyone who has no game, chat, or forum violations during the 3 month period:

• Will receive a token of appreciation from Wargaming - these could be things like Premium consumables or other in-game items.
  • Will be entered into a drawing for ninety (90) days of Premium time. Fifty (50) random players will be selected to receive this Premium time!

All players that have no game, chat, or forum violations for an entire year will be entered into a drawing for a selection of in-game items worth $250. One (1) player will be selected to receive this package of items that would include things like Premium Time, rare vehicles, and Gold.

Start Date

Our new policy will go into effect on August 8, 2016 . We are providing it here today so that everyone can be aware of these changes in advance. 

As we are rolling out the updates to our policy, we will be wiping the slate clean for every Wargaming customer with an active account.* Any previous in-game sanctions, chat violations, or forum warnings will no longer count against you. (Players who are already permanently banned are NOT eligible to be unbanned and receive a clean slate).

How Strikes Work

Previously, violations would “roll off” and no longer count against you after a certain period of time. This left open the possibility for people to “game the system” by improving behavior only long enough to let their violation roll off.

Under the new policy:

• Players will receive one warning, and each offense afterwards will then count as a “strike” against the account.
  • Each strike received will come will a restriction. Restrictions increase with each strike.
  • Important: Strikes do not roll off!
  •  Once you have reached 5 strikes, your account is eligible to be permanently restricted.
    • 5 strikes in chat violations can result in a permanent chat ban.
    • 5 strikes in the forums can result in a permanent forum ban.
  • If you believe a strike was placed on your account incorrectly, submit a Penalty Appeal as a Support ticket and we will thoroughly review the issue.

Please note! For extremely severe violations, an account can be restricted with less than the above number of strikes, at the sole discretion of Wargaming employees. Wargaming reserves the right to review each situation and take the best action based on the individual details of the particular issue.

We have provided a detailed explanation of exactly what this means for in-game behavior, chat behavior, and forum behavior.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/680

We believe these new policies will help improve everyone’s overall experience, keep the games you love as friendly as possible. Our desire is not to punish people – we want to have a clear policy in place  and then hold players accountable for their behavior in order to ensure we do everything we can to provide you with the best possible gaming experience! At the same time, we want to reward those who step up to meet these expectations consistently.

*Please note – accounts that were banned under the previous system will remain banned. Existing banned accounts are not eligible for a clean slate.

If you have any questions, please place them in the comments below.

Freaking awesome!!!  Great idea...and I'm quite sure it will make a difference!!!  Thank you!!!!!

Laceylace #4 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:35

Major

• Players
  • 23000 battles

POPULAR

5 strikes is a bit low. Considering they don't "roll off" after a while. Not anything against you guys, but some of the stuff that gets people RO'd is questionable. So I can foresee some people getting perm banned for minor infractions on the forum :/ 

Considering this won't distinguish someone who say... Gets 5 warnings and someone who does something major against the rules. They will be treated the same. Which should never be the case. 

Edited by Laceylace, Aug 01 2016 - 19:45.

TVV #5 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 51018 battles
  • [EZ_CO] EZ_CO

POPULAR

Basically you are encouraging people to not use the chat and the forum (sure way to not get a violation) and opening the door to griefers to mass report players they do not like to eventually get them banned. Whoever came up with that must be working for your competitors. 

tigerhunter564 #6 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11009 battles
  • [HELL0] HELL0
What counts as a violation?

diesel__1 #7 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 8095 battles

View PostLaceylace, on Aug 01 2016 - 11:35, said:

5 strikes is a bit low. Considering they don't "roll off" after a while. Not anything against you guys, but some of the stuff that gets people RO'd is questionable. So I can foresee some people getting perm banned for minor infractions on the forum :/ 

Although you have a bit of a point, perhaps it will be good for players and posters to be on their toes regarding this.  Maybe we will all become a more helpful community instead of bashing......in game trolling will be cut down........

PoliticallyIncorrectName #8 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:38

Captain

• Players
  • 55424 battles
  • [-KEK-] -KEK-
Well, time to turn off in-game chat for good. Mine and everyone else's.

Laceylace #9 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:39

Major

• Players
  • 23000 battles

View PostTVV, on Aug 01 2016 - 18:36, said:

Basically you are encouraging people to not use the chat and the forum (sure way to not get a violation) and opening the door to griefers to mass report players they do not like to eventually get them banned. Whoever came up with that must be working for your competitors. 

Basically this is just going to make me use the chat in game alot less and just stay in platoon chat. They can say "oh but mass reporting doesn't work" but let's be honest here... I mean both of us, right now, could just get mass reported for disputing admin and oh, now we have an RO. 

Laceylace #10 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:41

Major

• Players
  • 23000 battles

View Postdiesel__1, on Aug 01 2016 - 18:37, said:

Although you have a bit of a point, perhaps it will be good for players and posters to be on their toes regarding this.  Maybe we will all become a more helpful community instead of bashing......in game trolling will be cut down........

In game talking in general will be cut down. Forum talk will be cut down. But the trolls who know how to skirt the rules and tries to make others angry? Oh they will flourish. Without a doubt. This is going to hurt the game alot more than help. 

Quagalicious #11 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:44

Major

• Players
  • 24803 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostGhostPrime, on Aug 01 2016 - 13:05, said:

How Strikes Work

Under the new policy:

Can you be more specific for in-game violations? Like team killing for instance does that apply a strike or is that apart of the current 1 hour etc ban?

Archaic_One #12 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15098 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

What an idiotic way to do this.  So you are basically legitimizing all of the griefers that constantly report people for hacks and cheats regardless of whether or not there is actually cheating going on?  So every unicum player in WoT will be banned within the first week?  GG WG, GG.  

**I just turned off my in-game chat**

Edited by Archaic_One, Aug 01 2016 - 19:49.

Lethalhavoc #13 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:49

Major

• Players
  • 37997 battles

There you go farming +1 Ghost :)

Sounds great to me!

One question though, does the 5 strike rule apply to team damage?

Laceylace #14 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:50

Major

• Players
  • 23000 battles

View PostTheQuagmire, on Aug 01 2016 - 18:44, said:

Can you be more specific for in-game violations? Like team killing for instance does that apply a strike or is that apart of the current 1 hour etc ban?

I'm going to assume it means team killing. Anything that can give you a ban in game. So if you make it pile up 5 times, then you just get perm banned. Though with the whole "no roll offs" I wonder if that means if you tk and then wait it off and you get 5 1 hour bans, do you get perm banned?

This system is not going to work. Like at all. Please Ghost. Reconsider this. 

Lethalhavoc #15 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:52

Major

• Players
  • 37997 battles

View PostArchaic_One, on Aug 01 2016 - 19:49, said:

What an idiotic way to do this.  So you are basically legitimizing all of the griefers that constantly report people for hacks and cheats regardless of whether or not there is actually cheating going on?  So every unicum player in WoT will be banned within the first week?  GG WG, GG.

**I just turned off my in-game chat**

They don't just ban people because someone reported them without cause.

WG investigates every report to see if it's justified.

mumphred #16 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1818 battles
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE

I would guess that the teamkilling mechanic in game will not change.

Hopefully, WG will be using the in game reporting system to actually investigate the habitual offenders and give them strikes.

Laceylace #17 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:53

Major

• Players
  • 23000 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on Aug 01 2016 - 18:52, said:

They don't just ban people because someone reported them without cause.

WG investigates every report to see if it's justified.

lol where?

Colddawg #18 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:54

Major

• Players
  • 43937 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
I'm guess TKs and purposeful suicides don't fall into this, because they are the real issues in the game right now.

_Stinky_Pinky_ #19 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:54

First lieutenant

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 18166 battles
  • [EMIYA] EMIYA
Will current or pass infractions go against you to your overall 5 strikes before the starting of the system?

Edited by _Stinky_Pinky_, Aug 01 2016 - 19:54.

GhostPrime #20 Posted Aug 01 2016 - 19:54

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostTheQuagmire, on Aug 01 2016 - 11:44, said:

Yes, The in game TK system will remain unchanged. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users