New Wargaming Rules violation Policy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1755 replies to this topic

RedStarZhukov #1741 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 22:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3037 battles

View PostDeputy276, on Aug 04 2016 - 16:16, said:

I am not worried about me. Although the muzzling of profanities will be a PITA to stop doing. I'm more concerned about what it does to unicums that might be on my team. They are sometimes essential to a win when it is a team full of schlubs (like me). If they are all banned, and they DO tend to get pretty excited when someone does something dumb, it will affect the win ratio all over. Game quality will drop even lower than it already is if they start getting banned or leaving because of this new punishment system. 

While that might be true, still the fact that while there are tools already implemented one thing is clear!  Oh yes Wargaming I am going there and staying on topic.

Brace yourself!

The game should have been 21 and up in the first place when it came out back in 2010.  That way, there wouldn't be this issue of age gap so wide not even the Hoover Dam could contain it.  :trollface:

diesel__1 #1742 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 22:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 8085 battles

View Postjoe4726, on Aug 04 2016 - 12:12, said:

Already found one glaring error in your new policy. Since the new patch i have been dropped several times in battle.Beside the fact this screwed up my game i received a warning for desertion. What kind of stupidity is this!   Now every time i am dropped i have to submit a ticket so i wont get strikes.  This is infuriating.

That happens with the existing policy sir!  The new one isnt even implemented yet! :facepalm:

Deputy276 #1743 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 22:32

Major

• Players
  • 16031 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostCrankyOldYank, on Aug 04 2016 - 15:09, said:

Well, not to put too fine a point on it, but we are NOT actually discussing the game. We are discussing the new policy of enforcing existing rules as they have existed under the EULA and TOS since the beginning. The fact that you cannot avoid breaking those rules even in such a discussion leads one to conclude you lack a certain level of understanding. But  nice try though.

You folks seem fixated on the "rules and regulations" thing. I wonder...for those that are urchins...ever see Mommy and Daddy fill out their taxes? They will look for every loophole and way to get around those rules. Many will even gamble on BREAKING the rules just to not pay as much or get a refund. How about professional sports? Baseball has a HUGE rulebook, much larger than any EULA that WG uses. Ever hear of a spitball? Ever see a really good player get caught using an illegal bat (hello Chicago Cubs)? Ever see a player get busted for steroids? And those guys get PAID to play by the rules. Yet they will risk a big fat paycheck just to win. And you EULA-worshippers get all bent out of shape because someone uses a 4 letter word that you have the ability to NOT see....in a PIXEL TANK GAME THAT PAYS NOTHING.  

Tell you what, NEVER get up close to those pros when they are in a game. The amount of profanity they use is staggering. You don't see it on TV because the cameramen are smart enough to not zoom in on their face when they strike out or fumble a ball or miss a slap shot. But occasionally, they are visible. I got a real strong feeling the ones that are arguing the strongest for these new rules are just as guilty of breaking them as anyone else.

Bottom line IS the bottom line in this game. If this new system causes a drop in revenue, bye bye new system and back to using the previous method. And probably bye bye to the people at WGNA that are responsible for this mess. It's that simple. I still think these new rules are a solution looking for a problem. Just use the chat censor or Blacklist. 

Deputy276 #1744 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 22:35

Major

• Players
  • 16031 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostRedStarZhukov, on Aug 04 2016 - 15:25, said:

While that might be true, still the fact that while there are tools already implemented one thing is clear!  Oh yes Wargaming I am going there and staying on topic.

Brace yourself!

The game should have been 21 and up in the first place when it came out back in 2010.  That way, there wouldn't be this issue of age gap so wide not even the Hoover Dam could contain it.  :trollface:

My friend, you have nailed it. :) Unfortunately, money talks. And this game is all about making money for our comrades in the former Soviet Union. They jumped through hoops to get the rating they did because they know the urchins have parents with deep pockets and they know the "power of the whine". 

CrankyOldYank #1745 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 22:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 52004 battles
  • [S0R] S0R

View PostDeputy276, on Aug 04 2016 - 16:32, said:

You folks seem fixated on the "rules and regulations" thing. I wonder...for those that are urchins...ever see Mommy and Daddy fill out their taxes? They will look for every loophole and way to get around those rules. Many will even gamble on BREAKING the rules just to not pay as much or get a refund. How about professional sports? Baseball has a HUGE rulebook, much larger than any EULA that WG uses. Ever hear of a spitball? Ever see a really good player get caught using an illegal bat (hello Chicago Cubs)? Ever see a player get busted for steroids? And those guys get PAID to play by the rules. Yet they will risk a big fat paycheck just to win. And you EULA-worshippers get all bent out of shape because someone uses a 4 letter word that you have the ability to NOT see....in a PIXEL TANK GAME THAT PAYS NOTHING.  

Tell you what, NEVER get up close to those pros when they are in a game. The amount of profanity they use is staggering. You don't see it on TV because the cameramen are smart enough to not zoom in on their face when they strike out or fumble a ball or miss a slap shot. But occasionally, they are visible. I got a real strong feeling the ones that are arguing the strongest for these new rules are just as guilty of breaking them as anyone else.

Bottom line IS the bottom line in this game. If this new system causes a drop in revenue, bye bye new system and back to using the previous method. And probably bye bye to the people at WGNA that are responsible for this mess. It's that simple. I still think these new rules are a solution looking for a problem. Just use the chat censor or Blacklist. 

Yes, but mommy and daddy are aware that if they get caught breaking those rules... they go to jail. Baseball players are aware they will pay fines and possibly be banned from the game for rule violations if caught. Baseball players may say things on the field, but not on camera, or to fans, unless they wish to face sanctions from the league. You are again advancing a false argument, as what is going on here is exactly that, sanctions for rule violations.

RedStarZhukov #1746 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 22:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3037 battles

View PostDeputy276, on Aug 04 2016 - 16:35, said:

My friend, you have nailed it. :) Unfortunately, money talks. And this game is all about making money for our comrades in the former Soviet Union. They jumped through hoops to get the rating they did because they know the urchins have parents with deep pockets and they know the "power of the whine". 

I know and glad we agree on something but like you said, it is what it is.  Oh and feel free to add me to friends list if you want Deputy, you are not all that bad.  Just love a good intelligent discussion, if with a bit of humor to it too.:great:

Deputy276 #1747 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 22:40

Major

• Players
  • 16031 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostCrankyOldYank, on Aug 04 2016 - 15:21, said:

Frankly, if they are using their stats or Unicum status to hold themselves up as "Paragons Of How The Game Should Be Played" .. they should follow the rules.. ALL the rules. Even the annoying ones about being civil and not being a snot in chat. It's part of their responsibility that goes with being the "Paragon" don'cha know.

Never said they were doing that. I said they were ESSENTIAL to keeping the level of game play at a decent standard. If they exit, you will be left with tomatoes and schlubs. Think it will be fun to play WOT when that happens? I sure don't.

I saw an urchin yesterday in a Tiger II. Something like 3400 games under his belt. I'll even post his name. It was comprised of ONLY binary digits. Some of you may have seen him or played alongside of him. His idea of fun is to run out into an open field, not shoot, and get killed as fast as possible. How would you like THAT to be the typical WOT player?

diesel__1 #1748 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 22:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 8085 battles

View PostTurboguy1, on Aug 04 2016 - 13:15, said:

Or option B: You're one of those people who get crap because you're not good at this game and you want WG to do something about it because you're too inadequate to do it yourself.

Now, why should HE get crap because he's no good at the game?  Who made you god and is allowing you to run the ship?  Your thinking has to be eliminated in this community!!!  He is as much a player of the game as you are whether YOU like it or not.

Deputy276 #1749 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 22:43

Major

• Players
  • 16031 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostCrankyOldYank, on Aug 04 2016 - 15:37, said:

Yes, but mommy and daddy are aware that if they get caught breaking those rules... they go to jail. Baseball players are aware they will pay fines and possibly be banned from the game for rule violations if caught. Baseball players may say things on the field, but not on camera, or to fans, unless they wish to face sanctions from the league. You are again advancing a false argument, as what is going on here is exactly that, sanctions for rule violations.

But ALL those folks STILL CURSE AND CHEAT. And it's not up to YOU or WG or anyone else to play Mommy and Daddy to any of us. We already have a chat censor and Blacklist option. All you need to do is USE THEM!!!!

Deputy276 #1750 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 22:44

Major

• Players
  • 16031 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostRedStarZhukov, on Aug 04 2016 - 15:38, said:

I know and glad we agree on something but like you said, it is what it is.  Oh and feel free to add me to friends list if you want Deputy, you are not all that bad.  Just love a good intelligent discussion, if with a bit of humor to it too.:great:

Done! Knew there was a good reason why I didn't have you on ignore ;)

diesel__1 #1751 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 22:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 8085 battles

View PostDeputy276, on Aug 04 2016 - 14:32, said:

You folks seem fixated on the "rules and regulations" thing. I wonder...for those that are urchins...ever see Mommy and Daddy fill out their taxes? They will look for every loophole and way to get around those rules.

LEGAL loopholes!!!!  NOT breaking the rules..........again.....LEGAL loopholes!  Quit twisting things to suit your purpose! :facepalm:

Block Quote

Many will even gamble on BREAKING the rules just to not pay as much or get a refund.

And IF caught....they pay the consequences!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :facepalm:

Block Quote

How about professional sports? Baseball has a HUGE rulebook, much larger than any EULA that WG uses. Ever hear of a spitball? Ever see a really good player get caught using an illegal bat (hello Chicago Cubs)? Ever see a player get busted for steroids? And those guys get PAID to play by the rules. Yet they will risk a big fat paycheck just to win. And you EULA-worshippers get all bent out of shape because someone uses a 4 letter word that you have the ability to NOT see....in a PIXEL TANK GAME THAT PAYS NOTHING.  

How come you keep using illegal "things" to try and prove your point??  It DOESN'T!!!!  All those cases you bring up have penalties or punishments!!! :facepalm:

Block Quote

Are they breaking an EULA?  Nope..........   I'd like to see them try it during a tv interview though!!! How long would they last?  How many suspensions (aka STRIKES) would they get before being banned?  :facepalm:

Block Quote

:facepalm: Just because I'm used to slapping my forehead now...............

CrankyOldYank #1752 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 22:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 52004 battles
  • [S0R] S0R

View PostDeputy276, on Aug 04 2016 - 16:43, said:

But ALL those folks STILL CURSE AND CHEAT. And it's not up to YOU or WG or anyone else to play Mommy and Daddy to any of us. We already have a chat censor and Blacklist option. All you need to do is USE THEM!!!!

Ah, but if Mom and Dad go to H&R Block (the parallel in this argument to Wargaming, e.g. the responsible corporate entity) to get their taxes done, H&R block will require them to follow the rules. And if they start swearing and using profane language in the office, or even on the phone, they will be told to stop or leave.

The league (the baseball examples parallel to Wargaming) certainly regulates, supervises and punishes ball players for any transgressions.

Again, your argument is false. Just because you CAN break the rules, and others do, does NOT make it right for you to do so. If you do, you  face sanction. If you come into WoT's house, you play by their rules. If you cannot, You leave. Simple.

GhostPrime #1753 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 22:54

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
I am closing this topic due to nonconstructive posts, and arguing. Thank you all for your feedback and sentiment on this policy. 

Deputy276 #1754 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 22:54

Major

• Players
  • 16031 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View Postdiesel__1, on Aug 04 2016 - 15:42, said:

Now, why should HE get crap because he's no good at the game?  Who made you god and is allowing you to run the ship?  Your thinking has to be eliminated in this community!!!  He is as much a player of the game as you are whether YOU like it or not.

Hmmmm...did you see Turboguy1's stats? They are impressive, to put it mildly. He isn't "God Almighty", but he could qualify as a "god" in this game. I sure wouldn't complain if the MM put him on my team. Heck, he could swear at ME and the whole team out and I wouldn't say a peep. Any "crap" Tubo might give someone is probably well-deserved, or just strong advice. Instead of banning him, maybe schlubs and tomatoes should LISTEN to him. And use the chat censor if you are a delicate flower  ;)

GhostPrime #1755 Posted Aug 08 2016 - 18:37

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Tankers,

As some of you may have noticed, the warnings have not yet reset to zero. We are waiting on the waiting on that to happen before we start the new policy. I will make an announcement when the slate is clean,.and the rules go live, until then the old system will be in place. 

GhostPrime #1756 Posted Nov 24 2016 - 00:37

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Hey tankers!

November 8 marked the 3 month anniversary of our new RVPA policy! We promised to reward players who consistently exhibited good behavior after 3 months, so here is an update on where we are with that. We’ve received the data pull, and we’re in the process of verifying the report and setting up the rewards. This is a short week due to Thanksgiving, so expect more information on when the reward will be distributed early next week!

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users