How to: Hulldown

how to series tutorial hulldown position american heavies tactic 2016 july

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Hulldown (13 members have cast votes)

What did you think?

1. It was great! (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. It was meh (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. 360 no scope and 69 ur mum huahuahua (5 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

SapFireMC #1 Posted Aug 02 2016 - 03:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4204 battles

Hey guys! Before starting, I would like to say thanks for the amount of views and replies i got from my "Who can post last?" thread. I have never gotten that much views and replies ever on a thread. So I would like to thank you guys for that. It's also nice to know I got those views without needing to have clickbaits and troll threads. Which brings me to my next announcement. I'm extremely sorry for making the troll thread. I used to think that troll threads are what gives you attention, as I got more than 50 replies on my troll threads and only around 10 on my guides and such. I have resorted to do helpful deeds again, like making threads like these. I really hope you guys can forgive me for my actions. Anyways let's get into the thread's main topic itself!

Hulldown

Going hulldown is a smart and useful tactic to use. Combine this with your current knowledge and I guarantee that you will play better. You will also learn how to counter those who decides to use this tactic. I feel like doing a Q&A kind of format, because it worked really well in the past. It also allows me to explain in great detail. So let's get started shall we?

Q: What is a hulldown position?

A: Going hulldown means that you cover your hull so that only you're turret shows. This way, there is less space for the enemy to shoot at and you are able to point you're gun at them while you shoot and laugh at the enemy for being complete potatos.

Q: What tank are effective in using it?
A: Multiple. Although any tanks that have heavily armored turret can go hulldown really well. This includes american heavy tanks from tier 7 and up, both german heavies line from tier 8 and up, russian medium tanks from tier 6 and up, chinese heavy and medium tanks from tier 7 and up, japanese heavies from tier 5 and up, T110E4 line from tier 8 and up. Tanks with small turret also works, but it's more of a snap-shot kind of technique rather than a hull-down tactic.

Q: Where can you go hulldown?

A: There are 3 different ways to go hulldown. 1st is hills, most popular but the least effective. When going hulldown in a hill, you may have to poke out a bit which exposes your hull. You can try to sidescrape, but on the edge of the hill, theres a chance that you'll be shot on the upper glacis. 2nd option is going on the ridged edges on maps like himmelsdorf.

Spoiler

As you can see, the sand/mud kind of thing is perfect for going hulldown. However, if your tank is big and the enemy has good accuracy, they may be able to take shots at your upper hull. This leaves us with the 3rd way to go hulldown. Use wreckage. When a teammate or enemy dies, you can use their wreckage to cover your hull. The amazing thing about this is that you are able to move the wreckage with you, meaning you have a permanent shield just there. However, this takes a huge risk. 

Spoiler

Q: I went hulldown, but still got penetrated?

A: You are giving the enemy too much time to shoot at your weakspots on the turret. Instead, take a shot and proceed to back off into cover until you've reloaded. However, this gives the enemy the concealment it needs to flank you. Don't let that happen. Turn your turret and wiggle it. drive back and forwards. It works.

Q: Any examples?

A: yes, and here it is:

Spoiler

Thanks for reading guys! I hope you forgave me and liked the thread ;) See you next time!

Edited by SapFireMC, Aug 02 2016 - 04:34.

_Haruhi_Suzumiya_ #2 Posted Aug 02 2016 - 04:01

Major

• Players
  • 40360 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
what did you do tho

SapFireMC #3 Posted Aug 02 2016 - 04:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4204 battles

View Posthector1470, on Aug 02 2016 - 04:01, said:

what did you do tho

I made a troll thread for views.

Collapsed_Eigenfunction #4 Posted Aug 02 2016 - 04:22

Major

• Players
  • 27660 battles

I may have been responsible for reviving the "who can post last" when it was on page two and 3 days silent :hiding:

does anyone forgive me?

SapFireMC #5 Posted Aug 02 2016 - 17:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4204 battles

View PostCaptain_Rex33, on Aug 02 2016 - 04:22, said:

I may have been responsible for reviving the "who can post last" when it was on page two and 3 days silent :hiding:

does anyone forgive me?

No you are not forgiven. HUAHUAHUAHUAHU- k ill stop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users