202 replies to this topic

Unknown0ne #81 Posted Oct 05 2016 - 00:05

Captain

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 27528 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View PostSweatshopKid, on Oct 02 2016 - 07:58, said:

Thanks friend~

I think it's going to continue into the finals, so I'm not safe yet :^)

Correct.

I've unlocked the rosters for the Finals. I don't have support for placeholder teams, but all four matches that will be played will count for Fantasy (provided I can get the replays).

Unknown0ne #82 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 20:03

Captain

• 27528 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

Scoring for October 22nd is completed. To see where you ranked, check https://fantasytanks.com/tournaments/1/rosters/my For complete standings, check https://fantasytanks.com/tournaments/1/standings

The best possible roster for October 22nd would have yielded 7,049.4 points with the following players:

Player Points Scored
Oxmathus 1057.4
canadianimpact 1057.3
AkulaV 1042.4
fostakid 1037.0
Drawkcab_Jenna_Cat 1027.2
BOT_Exo 980.8
Aggressor 847.3

Brett (1013.5), BOT_Vetro (1012.7), T1_Diabetic (997.0), External007 (987.6), Warbander (928.5), Dodoma (927.1), camador (905.2), xMakos (895.2), and Statik (875.2) scored more points than one (or more) of the above, however due to the 2 players per a team limit, they could not be in the best possible roster.

With that, the Unofficial Fantasy League for Season 1 2016-2017 comes to a close. 

Thank you to everyone who played and congratulations to SweatshopKid for taking first place overall.

nekojima #83 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 20:30

Captain

• Players
  • 36742 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

Thanks Unknown0ne for running this!! Hope it will be back next season and more players will participate. :)

HUD_33 #84 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 00:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16937 battles
  • [BSIA] BSIA

Thank you for your patience and dedication.

Looking forward to the next one :great:

CPTObvious08 #85 Posted Jan 09 2017 - 12:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24655 battles
  • [T-D] T-D
Oddly the Official fantasy looks alot like UnknownOnes from last season.... also we getting a write up this season

SweatshopKid #86 Posted Jan 09 2017 - 17:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10536 battles

View PostCPTObvious08, on Jan 09 2017 - 07:24, said:

Oddly the Official fantasy looks alot like UnknownOnes from last season.... also we getting a write up this season

That's because it's still Unknown0ne's.

And yes :^)

xxxLegionOfDoomxxx #87 Posted Jan 10 2017 - 19:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17676 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T

Glad to see WGNA taking up UnknownOne's awesome fantasy site. Way much better than that ESL crap we were put through last season :angry:

meem1029 #88 Posted Jan 11 2017 - 04:42

Corporal

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 21381 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
Any chance you can publish the formula used to compute fantasy points on the site? Would be nice to remind myself of how exactly it works.

Unknown0ne #89 Posted Jan 11 2017 - 09:33

Captain

• 27528 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View Postmeem1029, on Jan 10 2017 - 22:42, said:

Any chance you can publish the formula used to compute fantasy points on the site? Would be nice to remind myself of how exactly it works.

I actually just added that to the Guide: https://fantasytanks...3/guide#formula

CPTObvious08 #90 Posted Jan 11 2017 - 15:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24655 battles
  • [T-D] T-D
do league players count in prize standings?

Yoott #91 Posted Jan 11 2017 - 19:29

Commissioner of the WGLNA

• Administrator
  • 24167 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostCPTObvious08, on Jan 11 2017 - 07:12, said:

do league players count in prize standings?

They will be on the list 
but they do not recieve any prizing and we move them off the list when calculating your spots for payouts

Same is true for WG, WGLNA, and ESL staff

meem1029 #92 Posted Jan 11 2017 - 19:53

Corporal

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 21381 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostUnknown0ne, on Jan 11 2017 - 03:33, said:

I actually just added that to the Guide: https://fantasytanks...3/guide#formula

Thanks!

Unknown0ne #93 Posted Jan 16 2017 - 06:52

Captain

• 27528 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
Rosters for Tuesday are now unlocked. Only roster change was Deja Vu adding newt

Unknown0ne #94 Posted Jan 16 2017 - 17:02

Captain

• 27528 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

I'm going to try and get back in the habit of posting change logs:

Changes to Player Statistics and Tank Statistics pages

• Added Sections to Select Columns menu to hopefully make it easier to find the columns you want.
  • Added Select All, Deselect All, and Reset Selection (to defaults) button to Select Columns menu.
  • Added Fantasy Points earned by stat columns.
  • Added Fantasy Points earned by stat to detail display (opened by clicking on a result row somewhere other than a link)
  • Fixed column headers glitching out at times when adding or removing columns.

General Changes

• Changed some text to be more consistent. Specifically, Fantasy Points earned by WGLNA players for their performance in the real matches should now consistently be referred to as either "Points" or "Fantasy Points" (e.g. as shown on the Players page ).

Other Fixes

• Fixed newly added Players incorrectly being shown as not being on a team when viewing Players list with Match Day set to All Match Days.
  • Fixed Players list Match header not display correct status about the Match it's displaying.
  • Fixed Match View (e.g. https://fantasytanks.com/tournaments/3/matches/93 ) Overall Statistics details view not correctly calculating the Fantasy Points earned for Potential Damage Received.

I'm also going to start tweeting updates via @FantasyTanks (e.g. fantasy standings for the past match day are posted, rosters unlocked for times like this week where they aren't unlocked at the same time, etc...) to make it easier for everyone to get updates. Let me know if there's any other social media sites you would like me to post updates to as well.

xxxLegionOfDoomxxx #95 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 01:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17676 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T
@Unknown0ne - A filter to remove all the WG employees or league players would be an awesome thing ... just a thought :hiding:

invictus97 #96 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 02:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10572 battles
  • [SMIRC] SMIRC
Is there a way to show what the best possible team was for each night, like you did last year?

Also, any way to show each week's fantasy winners or standings?

Great product!   So glad they adopted it and msde it official!

Unknown0ne #97 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 05:06

Captain

• 27528 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View PostxxxLegionOfDoomxxx, on Jan 19 2017 - 19:19, said:

@Unknown0ne - A filter to remove all the WG employees or league players would be an awesome thing ... just a thought :hiding:

Thank you for the suggestion, this is planned. 

View Postinvictus97, on Jan 19 2017 - 20:09, said:

Is there a way to show what the best possible team was for each night, like you did last year?

Also, any way to show each week's fantasy winners or standings?

Great product! So glad they adopted it and msde it official!

For the best possible team: If you go to the Players page, select a specific Match Day, and click Show it should show the best possible roster (just like what I was posting for the last season) along with each player's fantasy stats for that day. E.g. https://fantasytanks.com/tournaments/3/players?day_id=24

Regarding showing each week's fantasy winners, it's planned to be added to the site. For last week, I don't have the official list that was paid out to, sorry.

I'm glad you like the site.

Also, since I've received a few messages about it, to let everyone know: I'm working on a solution to avoid needing to setup your fantasy roster for Thursday in just the day and a half window to be able to complete for prizing. I wish I had a quicker solution, but from a technical standpoint it's more complicated than not clearing rosters between Tuesday and Thursday.

Unknown0ne #98 Posted Jan 21 2017 - 07:22

Captain

• 27528 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

Final set of roster changes from the 1st roster change period:

• Rival removed Fulcrous
  • Valence removed LZ_Schneider
  • Deja Vu added newt
  • Valence added Fulcrous
  • Rival added campier2001
  • Rival added Night

Unknown0ne #99 Posted Jan 29 2017 - 14:21

Captain

• 27528 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

New update:

Editing future Fantasy Rosters

Thursday's roster will now be available for editing starting when Tuesday's roster is normally available for editing. To be clear, Thursday's rosters still lock right before matches start on Thursday. All that changed is now you can set your Thursday roster further in advance if you want.

To access this feature, just go to any place where you can access the Your Fantasy Roster widget (e.g. https://fantasytanks.com/tournaments/3 ), expand the Your Fantasy Roster widget in the bottom left (if it isn't already), and click the (change) link near the bottom. If you don't see this link, make sure you're signed into the fantasy site.

Better Fantasy Prizing Standings

I've added a new option on the Fantasy Standings page, visible when you select "By Prizing" under the Filter option. Labeled "Show", there are three options:

• All Players - Effectively what was being shown before this feature was added.
  • Eligible Players - Excludes anyone who isn't eligible for prizing.
  • Official Standings - Going forward, this will display the official prizing standings once the standings have been reviewed and approved by WG (which mainly involves making sure no WG / ESL employees haven't been correctly tagged on the site yet).

(Non Retroactive) Change to Fantasy Point Formula

Going forward (as in, starting with the 2017-01-31 match day) a slightly different Fantasy Point Formula will be used that more accurately awards Damage ratio Fantasy Points when a player takes 0 damage in a battle. Previously, if a player received 0 damage in a battle (yielding the damage ratio of X:0, which is calculated as X/0, and yields undefined), the damage ratio would be assumed to be 0 and thus awarded 0 fantasy points for the damage ratio, regardless of the amount of damage a player dealt.

To correct this, going forward if a player receives 0 damage, for the purposes of calculating the damage ratio for determining the fantasy points awarded, their damage received will be considered 1. I ran some simulations with two previous match days to see the effect this would have, and basically it resulted in an average increase of about 8 fantasy points. You can view the full comparison here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WuT0pfZSdl9pBs_QrKiA9HJyIXNYFDMZ1lpkO5rZ2OM/edit?usp=sharing

Other Changes to Roster Editing

• Added Fullscreen Error Message (versus just the small message in the corner of the screen) when adding or removing a player from your fantasy roster fails under certain conditions (so help prevent missing the error).
  • Changed the counter on the Your Fantasy Roster so that it only adds (or subtracts) once a change to your fantasy roster (adding or removing a player) is confirmed by the server. This should hopefully make it more clear when changes haven't be confirmed by the server, and thus could still fail.

Other Changes

• Added Damage Blocked by Armor and Damage Received metrics to expanded player views on Match View and Player Statistics pages.
  • Added Potential Damage Received Points and Fantasy Points to Player Statistics and Tank Statistics column options.
  • Updated Contact page with Twitter and this forum thread.
  • Changed the favicon to a blue check.

Fixes

• Fixed some cases where the Your Fantasy Roster widget was being "hidden" when switching pages until scrolling or resizing the page.
  • Fixed some cases where the Your Fantasy Roster widget would not correctly snap to the bottom of the browser window.
  • Fixed some cases where text would be delayed in being shown due to browsers deferring loading fonts until they are needed.
  • Fixed automatic information reload failure counter not resetting upon successful reload in some cases.
  • Fixed closing the Details view for a Player's roster causing the page to jump to the top.
  • Fixed (somewhat) Schedule page's formatting breaking due to match days with differing numbers of matches.
  • Fixed Hit Ratio Points, Penetration Ratio Points, and Damage Ratio Points display for a Match's Overall Statistics and the Player/Tank Statistics pages displaying a completely incorrect value. Note that the points displayed now for these fields aren't truly accurate, but they should be much closer.
  • Fixed some tooltips on the Match View showing unrounded numbers.
  • Fixed potential error when opening Preferences.

Please let me know if you run into an issues.

Masterpupil #100 Posted Jan 29 2017 - 15:07

Major

• 21097 battles

Hate to be that guy in case this was already answered, but is there a reason why capture/defense points are weighed so heavily? I mean getting the reset or sitting on cap can be very important, but it feels like WNefficiency from 2012 and it just seems a little high of a multiplier when in reality a lot of the points gotten from the reset/capture are just simple farming and are not as important to the win as they're made out to be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users