Editing future Fantasy Rosters
Thursday's roster will now be available for editing starting when Tuesday's roster is normally available for editing. To be clear, Thursday's rosters still lock right before matches start on Thursday. All that changed is now you can set your Thursday roster further in advance if you want.
To access this feature, just go to any place where you can access the Your Fantasy Roster widget (e.g. https://fantasytanks.com/tournaments/3 ), expand the Your Fantasy Roster widget in the bottom left (if it isn't already), and click the (change) link near the bottom. If you don't see this link, make sure you're signed into the fantasy site.
Better Fantasy Prizing Standings
I've added a new option on the Fantasy Standings page, visible when you select "By Prizing" under the Filter option. Labeled "Show", there are three options:
- All Players - Effectively what was being shown before this feature was added.
- Eligible Players - Excludes anyone who isn't eligible for prizing.
- Official Standings - Going forward, this will display the official prizing standings once the standings have been reviewed and approved by WG (which mainly involves making sure no WG / ESL employees haven't been correctly tagged on the site yet).
(Non Retroactive) Change to Fantasy Point Formula
Going forward (as in, starting with the 2017-01-31 match day) a slightly different Fantasy Point Formula will be used that more accurately awards Damage ratio Fantasy Points when a player takes 0 damage in a battle. Previously, if a player received 0 damage in a battle (yielding the damage ratio of X:0, which is calculated as X/0, and yields undefined), the damage ratio would be assumed to be 0 and thus awarded 0 fantasy points for the damage ratio, regardless of the amount of damage a player dealt.
To correct this, going forward if a player receives 0 damage, for the purposes of calculating the damage ratio for determining the fantasy points awarded, their damage received will be considered 1. I ran some simulations with two previous match days to see the effect this would have, and basically it resulted in an average increase of about 8 fantasy points. You can view the full comparison here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WuT0pfZSdl9pBs_QrKiA9HJyIXNYFDMZ1lpkO5rZ2OM/edit?usp=sharing
Other Changes to Roster Editing
- Added Fullscreen Error Message (versus just the small message in the corner of the screen) when adding or removing a player from your fantasy roster fails under certain conditions (so help prevent missing the error).
- Changed the counter on the Your Fantasy Roster so that it only adds (or subtracts) once a change to your fantasy roster (adding or removing a player) is confirmed by the server. This should hopefully make it more clear when changes haven't be confirmed by the server, and thus could still fail.
- Added Damage Blocked by Armor and Damage Received metrics to expanded player views on Match View and Player Statistics pages.
- Added Potential Damage Received Points and Fantasy Points to Player Statistics and Tank Statistics column options.
- Updated Contact page with Twitter and this forum thread.
- Changed the favicon to a blue check.
- Fixed some cases where the Your Fantasy Roster widget was being "hidden" when switching pages until scrolling or resizing the page.
- Fixed some cases where the Your Fantasy Roster widget would not correctly snap to the bottom of the browser window.
- Fixed some cases where text would be delayed in being shown due to browsers deferring loading fonts until they are needed.
- Fixed automatic information reload failure counter not resetting upon successful reload in some cases.
- Fixed closing the Details view for a Player's roster causing the page to jump to the top.
- Fixed (somewhat) Schedule page's formatting breaking due to match days with differing numbers of matches.
- Fixed Hit Ratio Points, Penetration Ratio Points, and Damage Ratio Points display for a Match's Overall Statistics and the Player/Tank Statistics pages displaying a completely incorrect value. Note that the points displayed now for these fields aren't truly accurate, but they should be much closer.
- Fixed some tooltips on the Match View showing unrounded numbers.
- Fixed potential error when opening Preferences.
Please let me know if you run into an issues.