Jump to content


Faceit is coming to World of Tanks!

Faceit

  • Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

TommaHawk79 #81 Posted Oct 03 2016 - 13:12

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 24740 battles
  • 89
  • [FOAD] FOAD
  • Member since:
    01-03-2012

View Postdance210, on Aug 10 2016 - 11:49, said:

 

FACEIT is a third-party platform that uses our Battle API system, similar to how Razer Arena uses it. They asked us to help promote it to the NA players, not to have it replace the WG tournaments.

 

where is this weeks 1 v 1 on the portal tournament page and the call to arms then? i normally am signing up for both by now please explain

dance210 #82 Posted Oct 03 2016 - 15:30

    Community Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 24208 battles
  • 4,439
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostTommaHulk79, on Oct 03 2016 - 05:12, said:

 

where is this weeks 1 v 1 on the portal tournament page and the call to arms then? i normally am signing up for both by now please explain

 

Hiya guys!

I am on vacation this week, which means unfortunately I can't run any tournaments for y'all. For those wanting competitive play, Faceit does offer 1v1, 3v3 and 7v7 tournaments; I recommend checking it out :)

 



KING_Sam #83 Posted Oct 03 2016 - 16:22

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19493 battles
  • 349
  • Member since:
    05-02-2011

View Postdance210, on Oct 03 2016 - 14:30, said:

 

Hiya guys!

I am on vacation this week, which means unfortunately I can't run any tournaments for y'all. For those wanting competitive play, Faceit does offer 1v1, 3v3 and 7v7 tournaments; I recommend checking it out :)

 

 

Where you off to?

dance210 #84 Posted Oct 03 2016 - 16:55

    Community Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 24208 battles
  • 4,439
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostKING_Sam, on Oct 03 2016 - 08:22, said:

 

Where you off to?

 

Friend came in from out of town. Gonna head to San Fran and do some touristy stuffs :)

Fulcrous #85 Posted Oct 05 2016 - 05:12

    Major

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28367 battles
  • 4,232
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012

View Postdance210, on Oct 03 2016 - 07:55, said:

Friend came in from out of town. Gonna head to San Fran and do some touristy stuffs :)

 

Inb4LoLWorlds2016 :trollface:

Jaspo #86 Posted Oct 06 2016 - 02:27

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 23897 battles
  • 297
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3
  • Member since:
    03-12-2015
Signed up a few days ago and the ladders are really quiet...kind of laughable at this rate, people queue for sometimes half an hour or more and then are given only 1 minute to check in when a battle finally pops...usually makes it fail on the first 3 attempts or so. Yesterday on the tier 10 ladder it was little more than a few random people and then MAHOU triggering the battle whenever they joined as a team, and obliterating everyone, rinse, repeat. Good news is, even a single victory is guaranteed faceit points for the day.

TommaHawk79 #87 Posted Oct 06 2016 - 14:14

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 24740 battles
  • 89
  • [FOAD] FOAD
  • Member since:
    01-03-2012
i play wargaming tournys for gold this new face it thingy looks crapo i bet 50 bucks after the zombie tourny is over no more tournys appear who's in on the bet? remember when we was told skirmish and the other tourny thats gone the weekend one would return i shoulda made a bet on that congrats wargaming you lost my 50 to 100 bucks  a week and insane spurges at xmas sales (spent nearly 200 300 bucks in 1 fortnights pay

SovietMemeBear #88 Posted Oct 06 2016 - 15:44

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19719 battles
  • 773
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    03-22-2012

Played some faceit 7/68 last night for the first time. Honestly it was a really nice change from regular tournies, stronks and pubs. Being able to play with a group of 7 decent players against other decnt players in the esports format is really nice. 

 

We won our tourney yesterday earning 500 faceit points a person, meaning it would take on avg 12 winning games to have enough faceit points for a tier 6 premium in the faceit shop. Not bad honestly considering how fun it was



Fulcrous #89 Posted Oct 06 2016 - 22:29

    Major

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28367 battles
  • 4,232
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012

View PostTommaHulk79, on Oct 06 2016 - 05:14, said:

i play wargaming tournys for gold this new face it thingy looks crapo i bet 50 bucks after the zombie tourny is over no more tournys appear who's in on the bet? remember when we was told skirmish and the other tourny thats gone the weekend one would return i shoulda made a bet on that congrats wargaming you lost my 50 to 100 bucks  a week and insane spurges at xmas sales (spent nearly 200 300 bucks in 1 fortnights pay

 

That kind of attitude will never let FACEIT for WoTNA get as big as WoT EU/RU.

All you have to do is look at the big tournaments for sponsored gear they have.

 

It actually also follow esports format so that's nice for a change.



dance210 #90 Posted Oct 06 2016 - 22:45

    Community Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 24208 battles
  • 4,439
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostTommaHulk79, on Oct 06 2016 - 06:14, said:

i play wargaming tournys for gold this new face it thingy looks crapo i bet 50 bucks after the zombie tourny is over no more tournys appear who's in on the bet? remember when we was told skirmish and the other tourny thats gone the weekend one would return i shoulda made a bet on that congrats wargaming you lost my 50 to 100 bucks  a week and insane spurges at xmas sales (spent nearly 200 300 bucks in 1 fortnights pay

 

I'll take that bet :)

 

If you look on the eSports calendar, you'll see that for October, there were no tournaments this week, the Zombie Apocalypse next week and our more regular tournaments (1v1, 3v3, 5v5 and clan tournaments) starting back up after that.

 

Faceit offers a different tournament experience and, with me not being around much this week, this was a good opportunity to get some people to test it out. It may not be for everyone, but hopefully some people had fun!



TommaHawk79 #91 Posted Oct 06 2016 - 23:52

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 24740 battles
  • 89
  • [FOAD] FOAD
  • Member since:
    01-03-2012

View PostFulcrous, on Oct 07 2016 - 07:29, said:

 

That kind of attitude will never let FACEIT for WoTNA get as big as WoT EU/RU.

All you have to do is look at the big tournaments for sponsored gear they have.

 

It actually also follow esports format so that's nice for a change.

 

so im not allowed to be grumpy bc its another thing that if you want full access you need to buy premium account id rather my money go to wargaming who make great game and i know them better as a good company i dont know this new fangled faceit people and i took a look it looks confusing and i dont like it playing for points instead of a garenteed prize if you place in the prize postion is not exciting to me that said im not going to totaly rule it out i just am grumpy and slow to accept new things so nerr lol

 

View Postdance210, on Oct 07 2016 - 07:45, said:

 

I'll take that bet :)

 

If you look on the eSports calendar, you'll see that for October, there were no tournaments this week, the Zombie Apocalypse next week and our more regular tournaments (1v1, 3v3, 5v5 and clan tournaments) starting back up after that.

 

Faceit offers a different tournament experience and, with me not being around much this week, this was a good opportunity to get some people to test it out. It may not be for everyone, but hopefully some people had fun!

i keep forgot about the epsorts calender (and other stuff randomly in life in general lol) i has eye probs from allergys atm so im not reading up as much on things sorry if i come accross too gruff no sleep and pain like feeling like sand paper being run over your eye and it oozing sticky eye snot  makes one quick on the react grumpy button not to mention the rivers of crap coming out me nose and machine gun sneezing lol thats always fun daam dustmites dunno how i become allergic to em anways you do a great job dance and you realy need more hands helping with tournys i know what you deal with being a former tourny organizer for Yugioh, Pokemon and Duel Masters helping various local shops in western sydney turn a buck from card gaming etc if i wasnt stuck in a hellhole backwater surfergronk and bogan skaterhead cesspool craphole of a place calleed The Central coast (2 hours north of sydney ) id apply for the job as lackey/slave/intern to yahs so yeah i will eat my words name a chairty and when normal service returns i will drop a 50 in it 4 u cheers hope yu have a great week off 



Fulcrous #92 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 00:00

    Major

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28367 battles
  • 4,232
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012

The points allow you to get gold, premium tanks, and a multitude of other things such as computer parts, team jerseys, etc.

On the WoT EU there were some pretty sick prizes on one of their ladders/tournaments like custom built PCs and computer hardware.



CheekiBreeki_ #93 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 00:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 37614 battles
  • 3,871
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    06-09-2012
Honestly faceit is a waste of time unless you have a gold league team playing with you. Otherwise you get roflstomped and barely make gold. I personally made 3.5k gold off the site but that was when you could afk farm in the ladders.

VisaWarrior_br #94 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 13:32

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 37788 battles
  • 531
  • [HUMO] HUMO
  • Member since:
    06-09-2012

View PostCheekiBreeki_, on Oct 06 2016 - 23:11, said:

Honestly faceit is a waste of time unless you have a gold league team playing with you. Otherwise you get roflstomped and barely make gold. I personally made 3.5k gold off the site but that was when you could afk farm in the ladders.

 

sadly true... big teams steal all

A_UselessReptile #95 Posted Oct 11 2016 - 02:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 40629 battles
  • 8,230
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    03-25-2011

>Streams game play on a regular basis, is checked for mod usage in gold league, and plays in clan league( another comp that checks for mods) 

 

Obviously a illegal mod user.



kebab6597 #96 Posted Oct 11 2016 - 13:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 52263 battles
  • 8,351
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
I have been trying to get a game via Faceit but after sitting waiting for 15+ minutes 3 or 4 times a day and still not getting a game i get bored and go back to playing pubs  

VoteKickHacks #97 Posted Oct 11 2016 - 16:16

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 9190 battles
  • 341
  • [LOAD] LOAD
  • Member since:
    02-13-2013
Pretty easy to get points daily though, even when you cant get a competent 7 man.

SpiceyChicken #98 Posted Feb 17 2017 - 04:38

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 35626 battles
  • 61
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

so faceit for NA server is dead huh? lame.



Fulcrous #99 Posted Feb 18 2017 - 00:38

    Major

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28367 battles
  • 4,232
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012
Back in Hi we got 2nd place for the $ tournies b2b. Still nothing so not surprised its dead

Jaspo #100 Posted Feb 23 2017 - 09:38

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 23897 battles
  • 297
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3
  • Member since:
    03-12-2015

Ladders are relatively dead but the tournaments - at least the free ones, particularly 1v1s - still fill. So, it's not completely dead. However, the prizing is a bit weak...faceit points to gold is a 3:1 ratio at absolute best, and winning a tourney only gets you 300-500 faceit points. Having only 20 prize slots on the ladders, along with the insistence of maintaining the 7v7 format when 5v5 or less would be more practical, is basically ensuring that the ladders will never become active. I think if they brought back the 100 prize slot super ladders, in combination with smaller battle sizes, the ladders would become busy enough eventually to warrant 7v7 pro format again, but gotta do first things first.

 

One way to help the ladders, in the meanwhile...if your clan is wanting to form a team and fight on the ladders, consider instead forming 2 partial teams...then the random solo players on the ladder will get to play, and in a way that isn't just instaloss because they're a bunch of solos up against your clan, and they'll enjoy it more and be more inclined to play the ladders more, which will eventually lead to more people being on the ladders.







Also tagged with Faceit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users