wglna

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

AZmazo #41 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 02:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5418 battles

View Post__Tec__, on Aug 04 2016 - 02:53, said:

Red I am not certain, but I am pretty sure the gold league players had nothing to do with this decision.  Please focus your ire in the appropriate direction.

He basically just called you "meh". I know that sort of complete disregard for what is essentially the gold leagues reason for being here sit very badly with me.

If he did not mean it this way then my previous statement does hold true still. It just lessens my ire at Fulcrus

Edited by Red69_na, Aug 04 2016 - 03:01.

wizard13 #42 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 02:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 28717 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP

View Post_Stinky_Pinky_, on Aug 04 2016 - 01:53, said:

yeah only 2 teams getting in every-time, worth 

on the bright side more time for me to watch anime ;) 

1 team gets into gold FYI

__Tec__ #43 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 03:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38389 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Good luck to the 4-8 legit teams that try this format, enjoy abusing no password needed teams.

Fulcrous #44 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 03:31

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28367 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostRed69_na, on Aug 03 2016 - 17:47, said:

Gold league so meh. Lets get one thing straight here. We are what kept you and your ilk in a job. What happens next season when the prizes drop to $100k? You will be the ones complaining. Congratz on the "old boys club" you just built. It is about to become a club that no one could give a crapabout.

A re-read of the original post may mean that Fulcrus disagree's with the change as well

It's less of a job and more of a hobby.

SonOfAnarchy #45 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 03:49

Corporal

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 47273 battles
  • [CIA] CIA

View Post_Jdawgg, on Aug 03 2016 - 19:13, said:

So, I am going to try to make some things constructive here.

First of all, this right here has killed whatever "League" was, this is no longer a league anymore. Due to the fact any team can form, sign up, and play against any other team. That to me is just wrong. What was SO BAD about the way the leagues worked previously to demand such a DRASTIC shift in how our "leagues" play out? This sort of system was done before with the whole Open Cup idea, and people really didn't like it. That is what this has now turned into. This is now just a horrible set of tournaments. The only good thing, is the fact courtesy of Yoott and I assume Ruu and his staff, WE in North America get accounts to use. How long they will be around for is anybodies guess at this point. If WG RU can veto everything NA screams for, they can surely put the hammer down and take the accounts away from us too.

Secondly, with having zero prizes? Where is the incentive to put in the amount of time Silver League teams and Bronze League teams have to put in to actually be competitive? Okay, so you claim the prize to be entrance into Gold League, but IMO that doesn't justify the amount of time people spend practicing. In previous seasons, having the gold prize was plenty of enough to justify giving it your all and trying to do the best that you can do. Without that, as Whiskey has point out, second place gives you nothing. You could work extremely hard, maybe have ONE small mistake in your match overall, and your done. You get nothing but a "Thanks for playing, you lose." So there is no reason to actually participate in this.

Finally, this part won't be constructive at all, but WG RU can go jump off a damn cliff!!!! Seriously, this server has been the server that gives them their most revenue but they don't care about us at all. We don't even matter to them because we don't have 1 million people playing their game basically every day. So in return, I could care less if they all fell off a cliff.

Funny how you have been trolling me in every other post about this and I was saying this from the beginning, now you wanna get krunk about it. lol..You know what is to follow...."Told you so"..but hey im just a simple guy..

xDroppinPlates #46 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 04:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22902 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY

View Post_Jdawgg, on Aug 03 2016 - 20:13, said:

Seriously, this server has been the server that gives them their most revenue but they don't care about us at all. We don't even matter to them because we don't have 1 million people playing their game basically every day. So in return, I could care less if they all fell off a cliff.

The money WG makes from NA is just a drop in the bucket compared to EU and RU.  What you're thinking of it money per player, where NA outspends the average RU player by "like" 18 to 1, but sadly NA populace is so dead that WG just doesn't care.

_Jdawgg #47 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 04:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10342 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5

View PostSonOfAnarchy, on Aug 03 2016 - 19:49, said:

Funny how you have been trolling me in every other post about this and I was saying this from the beginning, now you wanna get krunk about it. lol..You know what is to follow...."Told you so"..but hey im just a simple guy..

Up until anything official had been posted, you running around everywhere spouting all your doom n gloom crap doesn't mean squat. Good for you, you can say "I told you so", want a goddamn cookie? Also, I wasn't trolling you, I was speaking of knowledge of what I had been told by my team captain.

View PostxDroppinPlates, on Aug 03 2016 - 20:03, said:

The money WG makes from NA is just a drop in the bucket compared to EU and RU.  What you're thinking of it money per player, where NA outspends the average RU player by "like" 18 to 1, but sadly NA populace is so dead that WG just doesn't care.

The money they made off of NA as a server had been far more then EU or RU, FAR more. At this point, with how much NA has died off now.

Anoid21 #48 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 04:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9516 battles
  • [LUL] LUL

All I have to say

RIP

Archaic_One #49 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 05:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14735 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Is it just me, or does this feel like Minsk starting to throw in the towel on WoT NA in general?

I_Kemp_Boosh #50 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 05:05

Staff sergeant

• 11488 battles

View PostArchaic_One, on Aug 03 2016 - 21:00, said:

Is it just me, or does this feel like Minsk starting to throw in the towel on WoT NA in general?

no this is the new format globally not jst na

xDroppinPlates #51 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 05:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22902 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY

View Post_Jdawgg, on Aug 03 2016 - 22:33, said:

The money they made off of NA as a server had been far more then EU or RU, FAR more. At this point, with how much NA has died off now.

Completely false, and a common misconception.  NA doesn't have the playerbase to make WG the most profitable gaming company in the world.

Cornish_Pirate #52 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 05:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31242 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
How the      did wg screw this up so bad. So because silver and bronze have lost all rewards minimum of 50% of the teams that put effort into training and such will leave so what is the point in running these tournament nobody goes to watch them you should just have the gold qualifier and remove the rest. No one is going to do these tournament for nothing to get nothing out at the end when you can do a 1 day tournament win 1 game and get more rewards than 5 days of training and matches a week for the season..... WG made a good game back in 2011 and has made the wrong choice on everything after that. Im expecting the type 59 to be on sale by the end of the month and servers to be closed for xmas

Cent72 #53 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 05:45

Major

• Players
  • 23163 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View Postdecoynumber2, on Aug 03 2016 - 20:21, said:

Can any WG devs actually respond to this?

What the [edited]is wrong with you? First you decimated CW, which led to the death of countless clans. Next, you decided to nerf tourneys and get rid of Skirmishes, leaving only [edited][edited]1v1s that nobody cares about. And now you're completely raping Bronze/Silver League. What's wrong with you? My autistic cousin could do a better job than you guys ever could.

You want to post on your [edited]account instead of a friend of mines that you somehow have?

Cornish_Pirate #54 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 05:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31242 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
So Yoott are you looking forward to a light season of work considering you only have to do gold since the others wont get enough teams to run?

Halo__MeU #55 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 06:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 34352 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

The decision is a disappointing one.  The posts on this forum won't really reach those who actually made it which was quite annoying.  I'm not really sure what they were thinking in essentially killing the farm system for Gold league.  I've been very passionate about playing in the league since I started in November and now even I have very little motivation to play.

I could almost get over this if it wasn't completely open.  It is insulting to all the teams that were going to be returning to Silver league.  We've all put in hard work the last 3/4 months (because lawl super long off-season) only to have this thrown in our face.  The level right below Gold should not be open to everybody - if anyone can enter then the teams that you're beating to make it into Gold are no where near the level of Gold league.  Yes there was a massive gap between Silver and Gold league, but at least we've seen teams successfully make the leap before.  They might be towards that level during the playoffs, but if that's going to happen then why even bother with the two preliminary tournaments.  It just doesn't seem like it will be FUN, which at the end of the day is the reason we all do league and/or play this game (kinda).

It wasn't broken but WG Minsk tried to fix it anyway.  It's unfortunate but life will move on.

boomftx #56 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 07:17

Staff sergeant

• 20153 battles
  • [RS] RS
rip league play

Jtvpiggy1 #57 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 09:08

Private

• Players
  • 11173 battles
  • [-R-O-] -R-O-
Why was this announced after Gold League qualifies were already over? I know many more people who would have tried to get into Gold if they would have know Silver wasnt worth the time. Typical WG, screwing over players.

TheLoveHitman #58 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 12:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12088 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostJtvpiggy1, on Aug 04 2016 - 08:08, said:

Why was this announced after Gold League qualifies were already over? I know many more people who would have tried to get into Gold if they would have know Silver wasnt worth the time. Typical WG, screwing over players.

Everyone that wanted to get into gold tried to in gold qualifiers. Also if they weren't doing gold quals cause they wanted to stay in silver they probably wouldn't have been good enough anyway. 2 teams full of mostly ex-gold league players got in, I doubt anyone else woulda beat them if they did it over with a few other random teams. Also they haven't known about this change for that long. All the details for this change have been way more recent than gold quals. And the new silver league is pretty much gold quals, I don't see much of a difference. They both are open tournaments that allow the top team to get into gold league with no rewards if you don't get it. It being announced after gold quals screwed over 0 people. 

Heldar #59 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 12:56

Major

• 28440 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
Absolutely disgusting decision here.   Seems like WG is getting better and better at cutting their own feet off.

HELIONIST #60 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 13:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12141 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
WG " we working on making players happy" ........

Also tagged with wglna

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users