How do I get into League play?

im too stupid to check sorry

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Texz #1 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 09:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9631 battles

Basically I'd really like to try out league play in this game. What is the way to begin with this? Because I'm pretty new to tournaments and stuff like that.

No bulli ples :^(

lungustefan #2 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 10:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20 battles

You kind of need to have a LOT of vehicles,those that are played in ESL.

Also you need skills on them,like 3-5 skills on each.

THen you need over 2500 WN8,to be accepted by a good clan/team.

the rest is dependent on you

wrwsadv #3 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 10:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9795 battles

I'm not too familiar with the process, but considering the fact that there was a qualifier tourney under the tournaments tab, I'm assuming you have to form a team and join one of those at the beginning of a new season. 

In regards to skill, you're best off above teal, preferably purple. You should have no problem. Teamwork is more important. I recommend you also try out some team battles or clan play to get some practice and look for teams there. 

Edited by wrwsadv, Aug 04 2016 - 10:22.

Texz #4 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 10:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9631 battles

View Postlungustefan, on Aug 04 2016 - 10:19, said:

You kind of need to have a LOT of vehicles,those that are played in ESL.

Also you need skills on them,like 3-5 skills on each.

THen you need over 2500 WN8,to be accepted by a good clan/team.

the rest is dependent on you

Tier 8, tier 10? Both?

Also about stats. Most teams don't really care iirc. Figures competitive scene is a lot different from pub matches.

Texz #5 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 10:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9631 battles

View Postwrwsadv, on Aug 04 2016 - 10:19, said:

In regards to skill, you're best off above teal, preferably purple. You should have no problem. Teamwork is more important. I recommend you also try out some team battles or clan play to get some practice and look for teams there. 

I regularly participate in TBs and CW just to get some chill time from pubbies. But I guess I should do a thread that I'm looking for a team. I don't necessearily expect to get in a team for this season because I probably lack a lot of tanks. For next season though I definetly want to get in one though.

And honestly before next season even starts I'll be purple if anyone even cares (I don't), I'll have most viable tanks and everything needed to get started. I just hope I don't burn out during the process.

Laceylace #6 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 13:21

Major

• Players
  • 22930 battles
  • [DIMBO] DIMBO

View PostTexz, on Aug 04 2016 - 09:23, said:

Tier 8, tier 10? Both?

Also about stats. Most teams don't really care iirc. Figures competitive scene is a lot different from pub matches.

Most do care. Alot more. About stats. The more competitve the more they focus more on stats. They will also look at the tanks they use the most that you have and will judge you based on that. So if they need a AMX 50 100 and you don't have a high DPM, bye bye next please.

ViolentViolet #7 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 13:36

Major

• Players
  • 48430 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
They made it so practically anyone can participate in league. Not sure the community is so happy about that. Link

Texz #8 Posted Aug 04 2016 - 14:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9631 battles

View PostLaceylace, on Aug 04 2016 - 13:21, said:

Most do care. Alot more. About stats. The more competitve the more they focus more on stats. They will also look at the tanks they use the most that you have and will judge you based on that. So if they need a AMX 50 100 and you don't have a high DPM, bye bye next please.

Well obviously no one wants a potato roaming around the map with his head cut off but if people show potential you can fine tune them. Like I said, probably not this season. Next one though, for sure.

Z0NED_ #9 Posted Aug 06 2016 - 06:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22210 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

Well, I can tell you, as the Captain of the current silver league/gold league hopeful team, Danger Close; one of the biggest things teams look for is league experience, skills and attitude. You obviously don't have league experience, which is fine but the that makes your attitude and skill just that much more important.

League Experience: Well, I would have said join a bronze league team and work your way up, but seeing that wargaming killed bronze ENTIRELY, you'll have to make do with trying out/making a team for the silver league premierships on ESL.

Attitude: Meaning that you're very willing to learn quickly and on the job, dedicated to putting in the time and effort, willing to take constructive criticism and put it to use, completely fine with losing ALOT because that WILL happen on any new team, just generally being a nice, respectful person that people are willing to spend hundreds of hours working with you and the team as a whole.

Skill: Biggest most important thing is teamplay skill. How well do you listen to what the caller is asking you to do, how well do you focus fire and simp for players around you, are you aware of your surroundings/don't tunnel vision, making sure every single shot of yours is going exactly where it needs to go, inside and out knowledge of maps and the intricacies of attack/defense format, etc.

-------- Side note, teams WILL look at your stats, but they won't give a damn about anything other than your tier tens. The biggest thing they are looking for is WN8, Win Rate, and DPG. These stats are in no way an end all solution. These stats are merely a guideline/rough estimate as to where you stand but the biggest way to tell how good someone is at competitive play is to platoon with them and try them out in scrims.

Alot of the skills and league experience portions will come with time and dedication, so those can be approved. BUT, a person's attitude (things I listed) will RARELY change, so if teams see you have a poor attitude, they will deny you right away. It goes the other way as well. A great attitude and a willingness to learn is huge.

Hope this was helpful! I can answer anything else you'd like as well.

Edited by Ecko12, Aug 06 2016 - 06:47.

Silvers_ #10 Posted Aug 06 2016 - 18:02

Major

• Players
  • 41676 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

Didn't they merge Silver/Bronze and call it "open league" now and from I'm gathering you will get a "league account" that has all tanks, credits, gold so you don't have to use your own tanks?

Dankguy #11 Posted Aug 06 2016 - 18:16

Staff sergeant

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 38346 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
stats aren't everything really, not many teams i've run into give a crap what your dpg is in a given tank. my friend made a bronze team with barely light green overalls, and i made gold league with these stats... tag still hasn't updated though, feelsbadman

Bomber2994 #12 Posted Aug 06 2016 - 18:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 20084 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostTexz, on Aug 04 2016 - 03:53, said:

Basically I'd really like to try out league play in this game. What is the way to begin with this? Because I'm pretty new to tournaments and stuff like that.

No bulli ples :^(

It seems like most of the comments are talking about the 7/68 format for gold league. Considering this is posted in the "Clan League" section of the forums most of this info will be incorrect if you in fact mean clan league and not gold/silver league. For clan league you just need to be on one of the clans that are in either champions or challengers league. Otherwise, most of the important info has already been covered in comments above.

Georgietheprincess #13 Posted Sep 04 2016 - 19:04

Captain

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 34901 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostDankguy, on Aug 06 2016 - 12:16, said:

stats aren't everything really, not many teams i've run into give a crap what your dpg is in a given tank. my friend made a bronze team with barely light green overalls, and i made gold league with these stats... tag still hasn't updated though, feelsbadman

naw dude since bronze doesnt exist anymore they are way harder to get than gold tags

Edited by Harambetheprincess, Sep 04 2016 - 19:05.

Fulcrous #14 Posted Sep 05 2016 - 04:35

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28893 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostDankguy, on Aug 06 2016 - 09:16, said:

lul

MagentaPanda #15 Posted Sep 05 2016 - 04:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 5434 battles

To get into bottom tier gold league teams, just be a really solid pubstar (Like guideline here is around 3900dpg/68% in meta tier 10s) and have really good experience in competitive (Clan league is a great place to see how you are doing) plus not being super cancerous attitude/teamplay wise. To make it into a truly good team (so like not mine lol) you are going to need to scrim a lot, know a lot of boosts (this is huge now, boosts break quite a few maps and take hours of practice for each one), and it will normally help a lot to know people on the team, plus try to have previous gold league experience etc.

So like, you have a ways to go.

Good luck though.

Texz #16 Posted Sep 05 2016 - 08:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9631 battles

View PostMagentaPanda, on Sep 05 2016 - 04:43, said:

To get into bottom tier gold league teams, just be a really solid pubstar (Like guideline here is around 3900dpg/68% in meta tier 10s) and have really good experience in competitive (Clan league is a great place to see how you are doing) plus not being super cancerous attitude/teamplay wise. To make it into a truly good team (so like not mine lol) you are going to need to scrim a lot, know a lot of boosts (this is huge now, boosts break quite a few maps and take hours of practice for each one), and it will normally help a lot to know people on the team, plus try to have previous gold league experience etc.

So like, you have a ways to go.

Good luck though.

Gold league wasn't my goal when I started in August. Won't be for a long time for obvious reasons. I commit quite a lot of time in learning, soaking knowledge from better players and trying to implement their thought process in my play. So far it works and it will work in the forseable future because I'm confident enough that when an obstacle is present I will overcome it and procced to the next one.

Thanks for your clarification.

Texz

Morbid_ #17 Posted Sep 09 2016 - 09:42

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8150 battles
  • [FUSON] FUSON

View PostTexz, on Sep 05 2016 - 02:18, said:

Gold league wasn't my goal when I started in August. Won't be for a long time for obvious reasons. I commit quite a lot of time in learning, soaking knowledge from better players and trying to implement their thought process in my play. So far it works and it will work in the forseable future because I'm confident enough that when an obstacle is present I will overcome it and procced to the next one.

Thanks for your clarification.

Texz

your wn8 is already better than 90% of the players on the game brah. Just up your wn8. so you're better than 99.9999999999999 100%. of all the players ;) . And then make sure you fap to it every night. 

when you reach 5000 dpg we'll let you on the team. Then go in a pub match on mines so i can click you for 1400 and you lose 10 points of dpg. Then you can be a self entitled [edited]like everyone else.

But seriously if you want a real recommendation. Just go watch the real pros on EU/RU servers that stream on twitch. They always be try harding on their streams and do some amazing crap. Unlike this server's streamers which are mostly casual. If i remember right _DESS on this server is Navi Straik from RU. And he's #5 on the server in wn8, used to be #1. Go watch his stream. And study that. And gg.

Edited by Morbid_, Sep 09 2016 - 09:48.

Texz #18 Posted Sep 12 2016 - 11:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9631 battles
I probably watched more stream games that I played myself so watching streams is my main hobby at the moment.

Also tagged with im, too, stupid, to, check, sorry

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users