Jump to content


[0.9.17.1] Avalon304's Skin Workshop


  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Avalon304 #21 Posted Nov 09 2016 - 02:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 14114 battles
  • 4,299
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View Post_cthulhu_, on Nov 08 2016 - 14:23, said:

 

Ahh yeah that makes total sense, Carry on and great work

 

Glad you like them, and I appreciate the offer for help!

Avalon304 #22 Posted Nov 16 2016 - 01:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 14114 battles
  • 4,299
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012
Hey guys, just wanted to post a quick update. Ive made a few changes to the M46 Patton KR's gun textures after noticing a few issues with the textures on the muzzle brake, in addition to including some portions of the texture that I had missed Ive also attempted to better colour match the muzzle brake to the rest of the gun barrel. The zip in the OP has already been updated.

Avalon304 #23 Posted Nov 24 2016 - 23:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 14114 battles
  • 4,299
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

Updates on skins:

 

Liberte might take a while to come out, as I dont have the funds right now to buy the tank, and I dont release skins if I cant test them myself.

 

I have no plans for a T34 B > T34 skin at all, as I dont plan on buying the T34 B.


Edited by Avalon304, Nov 24 2016 - 23:31.


Desyatnik_Pansy_NA #24 Posted Nov 25 2016 - 22:50

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    10-05-2016

View PostAvalon304, on Nov 24 2016 - 23:03, said:

Updates on skins:

 

Liberte might take a while to come out, as I dont have the funds right now to buy the tank, and I dont release skins if I cant test them myself.

 

I have no plans for a T34 B > T34 skin at all, as I dont plan on buying the T34 B.

 

Pardon me for asking, but can you not just use replays to test the skins? That's what I do, as aside from the Mutz and of course a variety of the British tanks, I do not own most of the tanks that my mods such as the Tiran or the Sherman Firefly Painted Barrel affect. :unsure:



Avalon304 #25 Posted Nov 25 2016 - 23:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 14114 battles
  • 4,299
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy_NA, on Nov 25 2016 - 13:50, said:

 

Pardon me for asking, but can you not just use replays to test the skins? That's what I do, as aside from the Mutz and of course a variety of the British tanks, I do not own most of the tanks that my mods such as the Tiran or the Sherman Firefly Painted Barrel affect. :unsure:

 

Extends my workflow too much, as texture edits can be done live (the game reads the textures each time you select the tank in the garage). For instance, when I was fixing the M46 KRs muzzle brake I was able to see my changes live by simply going back into the game switching between another tank and the KR. It also means I need a new replay for every major version of the game, which is annoying to have to get every time. So yes, it can be done, but its not how I prefer to work.



Desyatnik_Pansy_NA #26 Posted Nov 26 2016 - 00:40

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    10-05-2016

View PostAvalon304, on Nov 25 2016 - 23:08, said:

Extends my workflow too much, as texture edits can be done live (the game reads the textures each time you select the tank in the garage). For instance, when I was fixing the M46 KRs muzzle brake I was able to see my changes live by simply going back into the game switching between another tank and the KR.

 

Oh I know that, I abuse the living hell out of that for the tanks I do own. :D

 

But yeah, I understand that. I'm testing something myself right now with the T34 And it sure is much more frustrating to have to constantly load up the replay each time I want to check changes (more annoying when the changes don't fix everything, a la I have to go back, fix the textures or something and then load the replay up AGAIN). Maybe I'm just more used to it because that's what I have to do most of the time since I oddly decide to do skins and crap for tanks I do not own. :P

 

View PostAvalon304, on Nov 25 2016 - 23:08, said:

It also means I need a new replay for every major version of the game, which is annoying to have to get every time.

 

Tbh, I just go to WoT Replays and search for a replay for the current version and select the tank I want. Preferably finding a game where the driver doesn't have camouflage on if it's a tank that can use camouflage, for rather obvious reasons). 



Avalon304 #27 Posted Nov 26 2016 - 01:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 14114 battles
  • 4,299
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy_NA, on Nov 25 2016 - 15:40, said:

Tbh, I just go to WoT Replays and search for a replay for the current version and select the tank I want. Preferably finding a game where the driver doesn't have camouflage on if it's a tank that can use camouflage, for rather obvious reasons). 

 

Oh, I know it isnt hard to do... its just annoying and then more annoying, as you said, f changes I make dont fix things on the texture side (obviously, if Im making a script change I have to reload the game, but Im actually trying to move away from script changes for the actual skins)



Life_In_Black #28 Posted Nov 30 2016 - 17:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 22111 battles
  • 10,272
  • [KGS] KGS
  • Member since:
    10-29-2011
This isn't quite a skin removal request, but any chance of something making the Panther/M10 be Panzergrau and use the Balkankreuz like every other WWII German tank and to use German camo? I'd ask for something similar for the T 55A, but I don't own one of those quite yet.

Avalon304 #29 Posted Dec 01 2016 - 07:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 14114 battles
  • 4,299
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostLife_In_Black, on Nov 30 2016 - 08:37, said:

This isn't quite a skin removal request, but any chance of something making the Panther/M10 be Panzergrau and use the Balkankreuz like every other WWII German tank and to use German camo? I'd ask for something similar for the T 55A, but I don't own one of those quite yet.

 

So Grey with the cross?

 

Should be doable.

 

EDIT: Easily done, check the OP for the download. Be aware, since camo has a server side benefit, and is managed serverside the included script may cause issues if you have camo purchased for the Panther/M10 or try to purchase german camos. Please let me know as I was unable to validate this portion of the skin.

 

EDIT2: Fixed a few issues on the hull (spare tracks, vents) that were mistakenly coloured. Download link in OP is updated.


Edited by Avalon304, Dec 01 2016 - 10:52.


Avalon304 #30 Posted Dec 02 2016 - 11:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 14114 battles
  • 4,299
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

Updates for today: Ive decided that I liked the leKpz M41 90mm with the rebored M32 gun, so Ive reenabled it for both the Black and Grey skins as the default. If you dont want it, delete the 'normal' folder from the 'vehicles>german>G120_M41_90_GrandFinal' folder, along with the 'M41_Bulldog_Guns' texture files. In the same vain as the Panther/M10 I did for LiB, Ive redone the Army Green M41 90mm, with the proper US MoEs.

 

Also, since the IS-6 B is on the way, Im also going to say I have no plans to normal-ify it as I do not plan to pick it up. Same for the Pz. 58 B.



Avalon304 #31 Posted Dec 04 2016 - 04:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 14114 battles
  • 4,299
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

Updates for today: (yay for triple posts):

 

AMX M4 mle. 49 Liberte has its very own permaskin removal, for those of you who want it. Works just like every other one of my permaskin removals.

 

Ive also cleaned up the OP a bit... for reasons.



Nkrlz #32 Posted Dec 11 2016 - 23:20

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 14651 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011
Will you make a permanent skin removal for the black skins?

Avalon304 #33 Posted Dec 11 2016 - 23:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 14114 battles
  • 4,299
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostNkrlz, on Dec 11 2016 - 14:20, said:

Will you make a permanent skin removal for the black skins?

 

Nope.

 

I dont plan on purchasing them (for a few reasons), therefore I wont skin them. (Which you would know if you had read some of my posts in this topic). If I receive them some other way, I probably will, but as of right now? No.



Avalon304 #34 Posted Dec 14 2016 - 09:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 14114 battles
  • 4,299
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012
9.17 is out tomorrow. I will do my best to have all the skins updated, but it may take a few days. Keep an eye out here to see if they have been updated.

Avalon304 #35 Posted Dec 14 2016 - 19:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 14114 battles
  • 4,299
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

Tested my skins. They all appear to work and have had all their archives updated for the latest version.

 

EDIT: Fixed an error in the M46 Patton KR's script that was causing the old armor values to display in the garage. This was a display issue only.


Edited by Avalon304, Dec 14 2016 - 21:39.


skaianDestiny #36 Posted Dec 16 2016 - 08:43

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 10041 battles
  • 50
  • [TMBLR] TMBLR
  • Member since:
    04-05-2012
Johnny Bafak's Vertical Tech Tree mod allows you to preview the special tanks you wouldn't be able to otherwise (as I'm looking at the Schwarzpz 58 right now despite not owning it).  Would this change your mind on not doing skins for those?

Edited by skaianDestiny, Dec 16 2016 - 08:44.


Avalon304 #37 Posted Dec 16 2016 - 09:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 14114 battles
  • 4,299
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostskaianDestiny, on Dec 15 2016 - 23:43, said:

Johnny Bafak's Vertical Tech Tree mod allows you to preview the special tanks you wouldn't be able to otherwise (as I'm looking at the Schwarzpz 58 right now despite not owning it).  Would this change your mind on not doing skins for those?

 

Truthfully? No. I would prefer not to have to install another mod (one which changes the tech tree in a way I dislike), just to create skins for those tanks. Short of receiving the tank via a rental or some other way... those tanks will not be getting skins from me.

 

EDIT: As a quick update all my currently released skins have been updated for todays micropatch... 0.9.17.0.1


Edited by Avalon304, Dec 16 2016 - 12:48.


Sena_Kashiwazaki #38 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 04:19

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 28061 battles
  • 33
  • [_-W-_] _-W-_
  • Member since:
    07-08-2013

Panzer 58 Mutz skin removal not working in 9.17.0.1? I have the mod installed with the latest version and I still can see the derp green camo in the Mutz... It seems to be working before the christmas tree patch.

 

Ignore all that.


Edited by Sena_Kashiwazaki, Dec 19 2016 - 04:23.


_kumicho_ #39 Posted Dec 27 2016 - 01:36

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 31621 battles
  • 367
  • Member since:
    05-19-2011

any chance on getting that 1357 redo?

 

"AMX 13 57F to AMX 13 57 (when Im able to buy it)."

 

love to be able to put a skin on that sob... way to shinny for as many times as ive gotten it killed :P



Avalon304 #40 Posted Dec 27 2016 - 06:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 14114 battles
  • 4,299
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostI_poltroon_I, on Dec 26 2016 - 16:36, said:

any chance on getting that 1357 redo?

 

"AMX 13 57F to AMX 13 57 (when Im able to buy it)."

 

love to be able to put a skin on that sob... way to shinny for as many times as ive gotten it killed :P

 

Would love to, but I wasnt able to pick it up when it was on sale.




5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users