Jump to content


[0.9.18.0] Avalon304's Skin Workshop


  • Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Avalon304 #41 Posted Jan 24 2017 - 10:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 15484 battles
  • 5,384
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

Havent posted here in a while. Ive just ensured that the zip files were all updated for the latest micropatch that just went out today. Existing installs can just be copied from the old mods folder to the new one.

 

On the skinning front I'm working on getting the WZ-111 T (the black one with the tiger on it) from the Chinese server ported to the NA server, and then I'll probably do the same for the Type 59 G as well.



BigRedTankGuy #42 Posted Jan 25 2017 - 01:42

    Captain

  • Players
  • 28045 battles
  • 1,897
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G
  • Member since:
    09-29-2012
They look good.

Avalon304 #43 Posted Feb 10 2017 - 03:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 15484 battles
  • 5,384
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

NEW SKIN!!!

 

HEY! There are actually 2 new skins this time.

 

The legendary Golden Type 59 and the ferocious WZ-111 Alpine Tiger! Both fresh off off the Chinese client! Enjoy.



Avalon304 #44 Posted Feb 18 2017 - 13:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 15484 battles
  • 5,384
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

NEW SKIN!

 

Heavy Tank no. VI to Tiger I. Can be found in the 'Other Skins' spoiler in the OP.


Edited by Avalon304, Feb 18 2017 - 13:14.


FastestClassic #45 Posted Feb 19 2017 - 02:47

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 23492 battles
  • 471
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI
  • Member since:
    07-18-2013

Thanks for porting the WZ-111 Alpine model over from the Chinese client! I'd been looking for an up-to-date version, but I hadn't been able to find one up to this point. That was one of the only "official" reskins I liked up to this point, so I was a little bit disappointed when it wasn't made available outside of China. :unsure: Least now I can enjoy it on my end. :medal: 

 

Also, lovely work on the grey Panther/M10 skin! By any chance, could I use it as a base for the new Dunkelgelb color I'm working on, and include it in the pack (when released) as an addon (again, with proper credit given)? Getting the original "American" brown drab to match the same color as the other Dunkelgelb vehicles is proving to be a bit tricky, but I think it'd work if based off your grey version. 



Avalon304 #46 Posted Feb 19 2017 - 06:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 15484 battles
  • 5,384
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostFastestClassic, on Feb 18 2017 - 17:47, said:

Thanks for porting the WZ-111 Alpine model over from the Chinese client! I'd been looking for an up-to-date version, but I hadn't been able to find one up to this point. That was one of the only "official" reskins I liked up to this point, so I was a little bit disappointed when it wasn't made available outside of China. :unsure: Least now I can enjoy it on my end. :medal: 

 

Also, lovely work on the grey Panther/M10 skin! By any chance, could I use it as a base for the new Dunkelgelb color I'm working on, and include it in the pack (when released) as an addon (again, with proper credit given)? Getting the original "American" brown drab to match the same color as the other Dunkelgelb vehicles is proving to be a bit tricky, but I think it'd work if based off your grey version. 

 

Glad you like the WZ-111, could you let me know how it interacts with emblems and camo? I cant actually validate that portion of the skin (because the tank is only a rental).

 

Yea sure, go for it.



FastestClassic #47 Posted Feb 19 2017 - 17:54

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 23492 battles
  • 471
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI
  • Member since:
    07-18-2013

View PostAvalon304, on Feb 18 2017 - 22:18, said:

 

Glad you like the WZ-111, could you let me know how it interacts with emblems and camo? I cant actually validate that portion of the skin (because the tank is only a rental).

 

Yea sure, go for it.

 

It appears to work, although a little weirdly: https://imgur.com/a/nyJ0r

This is from someone else's replay, btw (I definitely don't have two marks on my WZ-111, heh) - I don't currently have the vehicle (as I preferred the 112 post-buff), but now I'm likely going to get it restored, due to the recent buffs and this skin :P 

 

Also, thank you! I'll post in my thread when it's up. 



FastestClassic #48 Posted Feb 19 2017 - 17:57

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 23492 battles
  • 471
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI
  • Member since:
    07-18-2013
EDIT: Message posted twice for some reason, sorry

Edited by FastestClassic, Feb 19 2017 - 18:01.


Avalon304 #49 Posted Feb 23 2017 - 10:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 15484 battles
  • 5,384
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012
So 9.17.1 is coming out today. Like previous patches, my skins should just continue to work, but I will be checking them all when the server is back up. If any of them need updating they will be updated. 9.17.1 also brings us the Object 252 Defender, which has a permacamo that I intend to remove. Keep an eye out for that once the tank goes on sale. I'll update this topic with a change log when the skins get updated.

Avalon304 #50 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 00:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 15484 battles
  • 5,384
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

Change Log (02/23/17):

 

All skin downloads updated for 9.17.1.

 

 

So all the skins should be updated for 9.17.1. If you currently have them downloaded you can just copy them to the new version folder, as they all seem to just work. Let me know if there are any issues.

 

 

Additionally the 252U is out tomorrow so I should have a skin up tomorrow too.



Avalon304 #51 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 18:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 15484 battles
  • 5,384
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

NEW SKIN!

 

One new skin, and one skin addon have joined the shop today! The Defender loses its flag and has the optional addon to retain the '252' hull number. I even kept the accordian! If you encounter issues with the skin, as always, let me know. (EDIT: I had originally assumed that the 252 hull number would be a fixed emblem like the hammer and sickles and the crest on the other part of the pike... it is not... which is both refreshing and annoying...)

 

EDIT: Made a couple changes to the 252U base skin and the addon. Nothing major, but I removed some ghosting of the '252' hull number from the base skin and made sure it was retained by the addon. I also removed some ghosting where the pioneering tools would be on the normal 252U model.

 

EDIT2: Messed up some things in both downloads, but Ive now fixed them. The above statement remains true.


Edited by Avalon304, Feb 24 2017 - 19:29.


Avalon304 #52 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 16:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 15484 battles
  • 5,384
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

MOAR NEW SKINS!

 

Well 1 more new skin: The Sherman IVCY.

 

 

This is a conversion for the vanilla Sherman Firefly. Under the British designation system a Sherman IVCY is an M4A3 Sherman (Sherman IV) converted to a Firefly with the 17pdr ( C ) and that had the HVSS suspension ( Y ). This skin includes the wonderful work of milkym4n, who has allowed me to redistribute his HD M4A3E8 hull and chassis models. Without him this would not be possible! You can find it in the 'Other Skins' section.

 

EDIT: Desyatnik_Pansy was kind enough to allow me to redistribute his barrel camoflauge texture. Ive put it up as an addon for the Sherman IVCY skin.

 

 

The addon includes a modified script that moves the MoEs further up the barrel so they dont overlap the camoflauged portion.


Edited by Avalon304, Feb 27 2017 - 17:59.


Fett713 #53 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 23:13

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 28624 battles
  • 285
  • [BSI] BSI
  • Member since:
    08-15-2012
That's hawt bro, thank you! <O

Desyatnik_Pansy_NA #54 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 04:31

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • 97
  • Member since:
    10-05-2016

View PostFett713, on Feb 27 2017 - 23:13, said:

That's hawt bro, thank you! <O

 

Personally I think the Sherman III Fits the Firefly better, but that's just me. I was tempted to mess with something like that awhile back but never did any more and tbh, can't be bothered to. :P

Avalon304 #55 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 04:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 15484 battles
  • 5,384
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy_NA, on Feb 27 2017 - 19:31, said:

 

Personally I think the Sherman III Fits the Firefly better, but that's just me. I was tempted to mess with something like that awhile back but never did any more and tbh, can't be bothered to. :P

 

FastestClassic has a Sherman IIIC skin I believe.

Edited by Avalon304, Feb 28 2017 - 04:36.


FastestClassic #56 Posted Mar 06 2017 - 03:52

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 23492 battles
  • 471
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI
  • Member since:
    07-18-2013

View PostAvalon304, on Feb 27 2017 - 20:34, said:

 

FastestClassic has a Sherman IIIC skin I believe.

 

Oh yeah, I did, but I haven't updated it in a while, tbh. Haven't had time to fix it yet, since the tracks freak out when looked at from a distance. Though, I might update it, now that you mention it - I think I know how to solve the problem now. :P Very nice remodel, though! I think it does look rather nice with the E8 hull, especially with the countershading on the barrel. :medal:

82nd_19D1P_D3 #57 Posted Mar 08 2017 - 04:52

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 29346 battles
  • 921
  • [3-73] 3-73
  • Member since:
    12-12-2011
T-34-3 to Gold Type 59 Pretty please.

Avalon304 #58 Posted Mar 08 2017 - 08:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 15484 battles
  • 5,384
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View Post82nd_19D1P_D3, on Mar 07 2017 - 19:52, said:

T-34-3 to Gold Type 59 Pretty please.

 

I can look into it, but the T-34-3 is not HD currently, and I'm not sure how to handle a change from an SD model to an HD model.

 

EDIT: As an update, Ive made a change to the WZ-111 Alpine Tiger skin. The skin will now no longer display the visuals of gold purchased camoflauge. Please redownload the skin if you currently use it, so you dont have to see camo on a skin that clearly wasnt meant to have camo.


Edited by Avalon304, Mar 08 2017 - 09:07.


82nd_19D1P_D3 #59 Posted Mar 08 2017 - 18:03

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 29346 battles
  • 921
  • [3-73] 3-73
  • Member since:
    12-12-2011

View PostAvalon304, on Mar 08 2017 - 07:47, said:

 

I can look into it, but the T-34-3 is not HD currently, and I'm not sure how to handle a change from an SD model to an HD model.

 

EDIT: As an update, Ive made a change to the WZ-111 Alpine Tiger skin. The skin will now no longer display the visuals of gold purchased camoflauge. Please redownload the skin if you currently use it, so you dont have to see camo on a skin that clearly wasnt meant to have camo.

 

Thank you so much. I have the Golden T-34-3 that Milky made from 9.13 but the MoE no longer work if I put in the item definitions file in the script folder the game crashes and won't load. With out the Ch14_t34_3 folder the MoE won't display properly and they float under the barrel. I really hope you can do this it would go great with the Alpine Tiger you made. :)

Desyatnik_Pansy_NA #60 Posted Mar 08 2017 - 19:34

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • 97
  • Member since:
    10-05-2016

View Post82nd_19D1P_D3, on Mar 08 2017 - 18:03, said:

Thank you so much. I have the Golden T-34-3 that Milky made from 9.13 but the MoE no longer work if I put in the item definitions file in the script folder the game crashes and won't load. With out the Ch14_t34_3 folder the MoE won't display properly and they float under the barrel. I really hope you can do this it would go great with the Alpine Tiger you made. :)

 

Not to try to steal any thunder, but try downloading this mod and taking only the script in the item_defs folder. If it works (a la, no game crashes), tell me so I can edit it to the Type 59 Values.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/608653-09171-milkym4ns-t-34-3-hd-remodel-black-edition-v12/






4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users