Avalon304's WoT Workshop

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

JLdragon #201 Posted Oct 03 2018 - 15:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17378 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

Okay, thank you very much for that Vital Information Avalon, it is very much appreciated... I will look into the script as well when I get home to see what has been changed.

Stupid phone voice texting... Edited the word not out of the paragraph.

JLdragon #202 Posted Oct 03 2018 - 15:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17378 battles
  • [MISF] MISF
Avalon, if you would ever like to trade information on remodeling tanks, such as how I make the Wheeled tanks and how you add the items you do to the tanks... Feel free to send me a PM if you would like to do any kind of combined or collaborated tank in the future at any given time.

Avalon304 #203 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 09:59

Major

• Players
  • 19904 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

I actually hate that I have to post this... but I was alerted to someone (from the EU server) having reposted a remodel on WGMods without my permission.

So! There are TWO places you can get my remodels:

Aslain's ModPack (though Im not sure how up to date they are in the pack, and I will be working with Aslain to make sure they are up to date after 1.2)

and my WGMods page: https://wgmods.net/modmakers/39246/

If the uploader on WGMods is not 'Avalon304' DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE REMODEL. Report it and move on. Any issues you run into by using remodels not uploaded by me will not be supported.

If you see that my remodels are out of date on WGMods... thats fine! The version number on WGMods doesnt mean much for my remodels... literally all I do to "update" my remodels for a new patch is reupload the same .wotmod that was used for the previous WoT version. (Which is why Ive stopped... because all it does is waste like 30 minutes to reupload literally the same files again). Very very rarely will remodels require huge changes that require a completely new file. (1.2 for instance is one of these changes). My remodels being out of date on WGMods is not permission to reupload my work anywhere. Don't do it.

Avalon304 #204 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 08:32

Major

• Players
  • 19904 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
So a quick update on the blog. Explains that my 1.2 updates will becoming out over the next few days, and which remodels will be available first. Updates should be finished by the 12th.

scyorkie #205 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 08:56

Major

• Players
  • 73050 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
FYI I downloaded your Skorpion G grey skin last patch and it stopped working in 1.2. Before the "scheduled maintenance" about 6 hours after 1.2 went live, the Skorpion was all black. Now it's multi colored.

Avalon304 #206 Posted Oct 11 2018 - 10:21

Major

• Players
  • 19904 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Postscyorkie, on Oct 11 2018 - 00:56, said:

FYI I downloaded your Skorpion G grey skin last patch and it stopped working in 1.2. Before the "scheduled maintenance" about 6 hours after 1.2 went live, the Skorpion was all black. Now it's multi colored.

I'll have ot check that out later today... Ive been reading about texture issues... so I may have to change how I do my skin removals now...

carbornium #207 Posted Oct 13 2018 - 08:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 30601 battles

My skins don't work any more and look like this
Posted Image

Please share some thoughts if you know how to fix this new 1.2 issue

Edited by carbornium, Oct 13 2018 - 08:38.

scyorkie #208 Posted Oct 13 2018 - 08:49

Major

• Players
  • 73050 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Thanks for updating the Skorpion G skin!

Avalon304 #209 Posted Oct 14 2018 - 06:04

Major

• Players
  • 19904 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

The final 1.2 updates have been uploaded to WGMods. Once theyre approved you'll be about to get all the permaskin removals and the Classic T71 Restoration working in 1.2 as well. Post oon the blog also reveal a new permaskin removal and confirms the next major remodel.

HiBan #210 Posted Oct 31 2018 - 22:16

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19519 battles

View Postcarbornium, on Oct 13 2018 - 08:35, said:

My skins don't work any more and look like this
Posted Image

Please share some thoughts if you know how to fix this new 1.2 issue

Looks like the new 1.20 update introduces some problems with DXT texture formats. Or maybe we could say that the game is now very picky about the texture formats.

If you save the non-transparent textures (AM, GMM, ID) to DXT1 format (which seems to be the format used in the non-transparent vanilla textures) they should display correctly.

The ones which use transparency (ANM, AO) seem to work properly with DXT5 (they need to be in DXT5 for the transparency anyway.

Edited by HiBan, Oct 31 2018 - 23:32.

JLdragon #211 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 01:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17378 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

I have noticed something that may have something do with the above post as well

From what I have always heard and or read is that AM_hd.DDS was to always be saved as DXT5 w/ alpha, but yet when looking at this .DDS in photoshop, DDS viewer, and a few other progs i have checked. It does not have an alpha in the RGB channels.. is there a purpose to adding the alpha with the DXT 5 / interpolated alpha and no mips if the default texture has no alpha? and could this be related to the above post? I also am seeing the same issues.

I know that the AM.DDS texture map has always been set at DXT1 / generate mipmaps.

Off note to Avalon.

Your Gold Type 59 Chinese New year tank does not like 1.2.0.1, Wont let me connect to server. I removed it from the vehicle folder and able to log in agian..

Since I know you've visited my Remodel page and seen what i can do, I was wondering is there any way ya could pop me a .FBX of this tank so that i may have some fun with it? Because I have been going thru the current .pkgs, using coffee's new Package explorer and only been able to find the Item_def folder and files. which ofc i believe this tank was only available on the chinese server awhile back.

Also, is this tank supposed to have it's own folder location in the chinese folder or am i missing something? I would have figured it would be an overwrite of the current type 59 so all things considered i would have thought it would be an overwrite of the default Type 59 files and folders.

If this is not the case and you have it set correctly then I'm gandering that this tank has not be brought up to date for 1.2.0.1.

So question: Is there a way to have the gold 59 be physically dropped into the default 59 folders and have it overwrite it and work in game? If so then I would have access to it so i can extract it as .FBX and do some remodeling on it.. I would like to add a second barrel and do some slight body modifications.. nothing extreme like my swamp buggy...

Thank you in advance and hope for a positive response and fix of this tank.

Edited by JLdragon, Nov 05 2018 - 01:29.

JLdragon #212 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 01:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17378 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

View PostHiBan, on Oct 31 2018 - 13:16, said:

Looks like the new 1.20 update introduces some problems with DXT texture formats. Or maybe we could say that the game is now very picky about the texture formats.

If you save the non-transparent textures (AM, GMM, ID) to DXT1 format (which seems to be the format used in the non-transparent vanilla textures) they should display correctly.

The ones which use transparency (ANM, AO) seem to work properly with DXT5 (they need to be in DXT5 for the transparency anyway.

Just wanted to add that I am seeing this ALOT with tanks that have the custom exterior paint cans applied to their tanks, the scorpions graphic texture which seems to go purple hull and black base on zoom out. BUT I do not see this happening to any of my remodeled tanks at all.. only ones by default color, exterior options that are available in game. which none of these I have downloaded any custom remodels nor mods that would change them.. This yet another ON WG issue as normal..

Takes the players to fix their foul ups or find workarounds as the normal seems to be now...

Avalon304 #213 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 22:10

Major

• Players
  • 19904 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostJLdragon, on Nov 04 2018 - 17:27, said:

I have noticed something that may have something do with the above post as well

From what I have always heard and or read is that AM_hd.DDS was to always be saved as DXT5 w/ alpha, but yet when looking at this .DDS in photoshop, DDS viewer, and a few other progs i have checked. It does not have an alpha in the RGB channels.. is there a purpose to adding the alpha with the DXT 5 / interpolated alpha and no mips if the default texture has no alpha? and could this be related to the above post? I also am seeing the same issues.

I know that the AM.DDS texture map has always been set at DXT1 / generate mipmaps.

Off note to Avalon.

Your Gold Type 59 Chinese New year tank does not like 1.2.0.1, Wont let me connect to server. I removed it from the vehicle folder and able to log in agian..

Since I know you've visited my Remodel page and seen what i can do, I was wondering is there any way ya could pop me a .FBX of this tank so that i may have some fun with it? Because I have been going thru the current .pkgs, using coffee's new Package explorer and only been able to find the Item_def folder and files. which ofc i believe this tank was only available on the chinese server awhile back.

Also, is this tank supposed to have it's own folder location in the chinese folder or am i missing something? I would have figured it would be an overwrite of the current type 59 so all things considered i would have thought it would be an overwrite of the default Type 59 files and folders.

If this is not the case and you have it set correctly then I'm gandering that this tank has not be brought up to date for 1.2.0.1.

So question: Is there a way to have the gold 59 be physically dropped into the default 59 folders and have it overwrite it and work in game? If so then I would have access to it so i can extract it as .FBX and do some remodeling on it.. I would like to add a second barrel and do some slight body modifications.. nothing extreme like my swamp buggy...

Thank you in advance and hope for a positive response and fix of this tank.

I retired the Chinese server tanks, Im not even sure I have the files anymore. You have the models of them though if you have the old mod though. I tried having it over write the default and it never did work, so I just left it as it was on the Chinese server where it does have its own folder as its a separate tank.

With regards to texture you can use just a single HD texture, saved with the proper settings and with mipmaps and it should work just fine when saved without the '_hd' suffix.

AM and GMM get DXT-1, (no alpha), AO and ANM get DXT-5 (interpolated alpha).

JLdragon #214 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 05:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17378 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

SO then as it stands now AM_hd.DDS files are now DXT1.. ok tyvm for that clarification, the rest I kinda figured out as i edited the textures.. just as you stated is correct.

If your not sure, just look at the RGB channels, See alpha 1 / alpha channel (then save as DXT 5, interpolated alpha, no mipmaps).

If you dont see alpha channel (then save as DXT1 no alpha, generate mipmaps). good to go.

Between your .DDS files and a few other sites i found it, I managed to collect all .DDS textures and was able to edit and add them to my swamp buggy tank. Just need that gun and hull model to make it look 100% better like the CNY one..

And as far as the gold 59, I am part of the international world of tank FB group so I have posted a request for the .FBX for that tank from anyone there that might be a tank remodeler and has that server downloaded and using..

then I will be able to get the full model and convert it over to our Type 59 and make it available for all. Only 2 parts that i see would need to be exported from 3DS max, and saved (gun and hull) then import back into the default type 59 open in 3DS max, change vertex colors to match our default 59 gun barrel (most importantly of course for the gun to properly recoil and animate the flashfire), and then the hull for the dragons on the Back (so that they will move properly with the tank.

Avalon304 #215 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 12:29

Major

• Players
  • 19904 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostJLdragon, on Nov 05 2018 - 21:18, said:

SO then as it stands now AM_hd.DDS files are now DXT1.. ok tyvm for that clarification, the rest I kinda figured out as i edited the textures.. just as you stated is correct.

If your not sure, just look at the RGB channels, See alpha 1 / alpha channel (then save as DXT 5, interpolated alpha, no mipmaps).

If you dont see alpha channel (then save as DXT1 no alpha, generate mipmaps). good to go.

Between your .DDS files and a few other sites i found it, I managed to collect all .DDS textures and was able to edit and add them to my swamp buggy tank. Just need that gun and hull model to make it look 100% better like the CNY one..

And as far as the gold 59, I am part of the international world of tank FB group so I have posted a request for the .FBX for that tank from anyone there that might be a tank remodeler and has that server downloaded and using..

then I will be able to get the full model and convert it over to our Type 59 and make it available for all. Only 2 parts that i see would need to be exported from 3DS max, and saved (gun and hull) then import back into the default type 59 open in 3DS max, change vertex colors to match our default 59 gun barrel (most importantly of course for the gun to properly recoil and animate the flashfire), and then the hull for the dragons on the Back (so that they will move properly with the tank.

AMs and GMMs have ALWAYS been DXT-1, no alpha and AOs and ANMs have always been DXT-5 interpoated alpha on WGs end as far as I know. What changed is now the game looks for the same files in the same formats or it otherwise has issues loading it, as far as I can tell.

All non HD files get mipmaps, and HD files do not, regardless of AM, AO, ANM or GMM. If youre using a single file you need to generate mipmaps regardless. (This is how all of my textures that pull from default file locations are set up now).

Right... I forget that you dont use a standard modeling software to remodel things... you use that mess coffee cobbled together... So it cant import WGs model files? Thats unfortunate.

Coffee_ #216 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 16:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43282 battles

Mess?
What exactly is wrong about it? IT does 95% of the work you hacks are doing by hand.

It the model exist in the PKG files, TE can load it and export it as a complete FBX model.
Currently it can load and export all 579 tanks. Not bad for a "mess". :)

JLdragon #217 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 06:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17378 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

View PostAvalon304, on Nov 06 2018 - 03:29, said:

AMs and GMMs have ALWAYS been DXT-1, no alpha and AOs and ANMs have always been DXT-5 interpoated alpha on WGs end as far as I know. What changed is now the game looks for the same files in the same formats or it otherwise has issues loading it, as far as I can tell.

First I do want to say thank you for sharing the above information and I respect the editing of the tank models that you do and how well kept your site is.

. However...

View PostAvalon304, on Nov 06 2018 - 03:29, said:

Right... I forget that you dont use a standard modeling software to remodel things... you use that mess coffee cobbled together... So it cant import WGs model files? Thats unfortunate.

What respect i had for you after this is pretty much all gone, so I would like to broaden your lack of knowledge and lack of respect for others of which you know absolutely nothing about nor the software they have spent years on to make it much easier for newcomers who are eagar to learn.

So I'll gladly break this down for you since it seems you must have either been having a bad day, or you were engaging the brown matter out of you opposite brainhole when you typed the degrading last response.

• "Right... I forget that you dont use a standard modeling software to remodel things."

As i had stated in a few responses that I use 3DS Max which by FAR considered "Standard" for 3d modeling if not one of the most diversely used 3D applications in the real world.

And thats just scratching the bare minimum surface of the countless uses of what this program can do.. so to educate you some.. I do use a "Standard" modeling software that exceeds the process of which you are and most likely have been using.

Now as far as this comment "you use that mess coffee cobbled together...".. Maybe instead of throwing insults at someone who has been coding and programming for probably more years then you realize, Ya might actually take some time and try it.. Little do you realize how much Tank Exporter can do..

So as to this little comment "So it cant import WGs model files? Thats unfortunate."..  FIrst of which comes across as very childish and immature, Obviously you have never used it and casting judgement upon something you have absolutely NO knowledge of... Agian I shall enlighten you of your lack of knowledge. Let me just share with you a nice compilitation of the MANY abilities that this software can do and much more then you probably even knew was possible....

Spoiler

So for you Avalon I ask you this question..

Can you name me any software that can do ALL of the ABOVE and many more other things that is all bundles into 1 Single progam that is 100% FREE, user friendly, and people who are MORE then will to help to teach the process???

As you can see Coffee_'s Tank Exporter Utility program is absolutely not a cobbled mess, If anything is by far the most universal free program that has ever been available for World of Tanks that reduces the amount of programs that used to be needed to create, export, convert to .FBX, Import back at WoT compatible format of any available Tank model. With this program, ya dont need 3DS Max 2012, bigworld entertainment extension, some kind of .obj convertor, manual setup of bend bone locations just to edit, manual coversion of the files in the LoDS, etc, etc, etc..

Tank Exporter Does ALL OF THIS.. with just a few simple clicks...

Hopefully you will read this and realize that sometimes instead of blindly judging someone's abilities, what software that he or she uses and or has created 100% free of charge and openly shares with the community not only shows your lack of respect of others and what they can do, but that you might actually understand that even though the process you may use to create your tank modifications, is not NOT considered the "standard" that eveyone else must follow and or use...

So to end this, I will make sure that I never bother you agian with any questions.. or ever extend my hand and willing to trade information or knowledge agian. I can only hope that you might learn from your mistakes and be more respectful of others and what they know, can do and or wanting to learn.

Edited by JLdragon, Nov 07 2018 - 06:41.

Avalon304 #218 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 11:38

Major

• Players
  • 19904 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostJLdragon, on Nov 06 2018 - 22:33, said:

I will make sure that I never bother you agian with any questions.. or ever extend my hand and willing to trade information or knowledge agian. I can only hope that you might learn from your mistakes and be more respectful of others and what they know, can do and or wanting to learn.

Im not seeing how this is a loss for me considering Ive pretty much been the only one providing information upon being asked.

Coffee_ #219 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 15:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43282 battles

Lets try to get along.
There is too much 'toxic' crap in the game, lets not bring that to model editing.
I have always been working to improve Tank Exporter.
If there is some specific thing I can add or change to make things better, I'am all ears.

Thanks JLdragon for pumping up my app. You don't really need to defend it TE. The software can defend itself. Avalon has his methods and it works for him. If it gets him from point A to point B, that's all that matters.

JLdragon #220 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 04:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17378 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

View PostAvalon304, on Nov 07 2018 - 02:38, said:

Im not seeing how this is a loss for me considering Ive pretty much been the only one providing information upon being asked.

I have to say that I agree and disagree with this comment to a degree.. 

I agree that you have provided information on various occasions that has always been useful and which i have always thanked and been appreciative about it.

and i also disagree that you were not the only one who has responded upon my requests of various posts and or replies, which at any like you i have thanked that person and been appreciative of it..

My intent was not to show disrespect to you, the process, software and ways you go about your 3d modeling of all the cool vehicles you have created over the years. We all have our own ways to get to point B and how we go about it is to each their own way.

I have been to your website many times and used several of the tanks you have made in game. they are wonderful works of creativity and very well done. And as was your entry to my remodel contest which you were the winner by default of no other entries, but the fact that you stuck with it and took the easy win. That is when I totally respected you and considered you a friend and a starting point of my adventures into the 3D remodeling.. Of which I would rather respect you for who you are and the cool tanks you make, then the negative alternatives..

So what i propose is that we move beyond this and move forward... Coffee_ makes a great and very valid point.. there is already to much toxicity in the community and the forums, Last place we want to allow it to extend into is the Remodeling part of the forums. I have always rathered to make friends instead of enemies.. So lets Start fresh basically..

That is all I have to say and I hope that you also agree to this and maybe if you eventually decide to try Tank Exporter, I would be more then willing to share what knowledge I have learned and I think Coffee would be more then happy as well.. The same applies to all of the other Remodelers of the community, The more we all learn from each other, the more we can help others enjoy the very creative side of what we do with them..

Have a good nite Avalon :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users