• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

9inbarrel #261 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 14:01

Private

• -Players-
  • 1034 battles
  • [-L2K-] -L2K-

View PostImaKillYou, on Jan 06 2017 - 02:53, said:

I call [edited]. you don't get 7 day ban for ingame reports.

Edited by 9inbarrel, Jan 06 2017 - 14:02.

kreddy_ #262 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 14:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 408 battles
  • [GWAII] GWAII

View PostCapt_Waterman, on Jan 06 2017 - 00:34, said:

Pretty bad when were encouraged to not use the forums or chat rooms lol...also sad that you have given players a resource to get a person banned just because they outperform them.. I was just recently banned for 7 days because I was able to kill 2 tanks in my arty and they thought i should not have been able to do so..so they reported me as using a bot lol...nothing said to me or asked just banned...yes this is a great way to get players to come play your game..spend as much money as I have on this game lol...in the end its WOG that will lose out..thanks

Most likely, your 7 day ban was either for doing multiple excessive team damage or using an illegal mod.

slaughterz #263 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 15:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17251 battles
  • [CHAPY] CHAPY

View PostSkimpyLawnChair, on Aug 12 2016 - 15:54, said:

That's pretty neat. In just 4 days they go from "No strike or warning can be overturned" to, if you want to challenge it please submit a ticket to have it reviewed.

Funny how WG says things, then immediately changes them when they finally see that it won't work.

trial and error with rules and policy.

isnt that the point of learning from your mistakes? or correcting a mistake when you make and error? sounds like good operating practice to me. :popcorn:

galspanic #264 Posted Jan 13 2017 - 18:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 22855 battles
  • [GUNS3] GUNS3

http://worldoftanks....ations-rewards/

Should I have received these yet?  If not, should I have been given some notice that I had a "strike?"

Finnegan_Gromyko #265 Posted Jan 13 2017 - 18:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8942 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

I thought Team Killers would get banned if they got three strikes? If not, they should. That's a lot worse than the idiots in chat, although some of them definitely deserve to get banned. Even so, I can ignore the idiots in chat, but I can't ignore someone on my own team deliberately shooting at me. 

Can anyone clarify if chronic TKs would face a lifetime ban?

GeorgePreddy #266 Posted Jan 13 2017 - 19:32

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View Postgalspanic, on Jan 13 2017 - 14:11, said:

Should I have received these yet?  If not, should I have been given some notice that I had a "strike?"

Got mine last night... it was just some personal reserves for crew XP.  Nice to have, though, just for being a good little boy.

I'm sincere, not joking or trolling. Also, a clanmate told me he got the same today.

galspanic #267 Posted Jan 13 2017 - 20:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 22855 battles
  • [GUNS3] GUNS3

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 13 2017 - 10:32, said:

Got mine last night... it was just some personal reserves for crew XP.  Nice to have, though, just for being a good little boy.

I'm sincere, not joking or trolling. Also, a clanmate told me he got the same today.

I got two batches of personal reserves (1 each) and they weren't the ones listed... so I have no idea what that was.  I'm actually more worried that I have you unknown strikes against me.  It's not it matters that much, but I do like to adhere by the rules.

Bear_82 #268 Posted Jan 13 2017 - 23:06

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 6901 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostCapt_Waterman, on Jan 05 2017 - 16:34, said:

Pretty bad when were encouraged to not use the forums or chat rooms lol...also sad that you have given players a resource to get a person banned just because they outperform them.. I was just recently banned for 7 days because I was able to kill 2 tanks in my arty and they thought i should not have been able to do so..so they reported me as using a bot lol...nothing said to me or asked just banned...yes this is a great way to get players to come play your game..spend as much money as I have on this game lol...in the end its WOG that will lose out..thanks

View Post9inbarrel, on Jan 06 2017 - 05:58, said:

well friend its not [edited]it happened

View Postkreddy_, on Jan 06 2017 - 06:38, said:

Most likely, your 7 day ban was either for doing multiple excessive team damage or using an illegal mod.

^^^  this  ^^^

To date, 731 accounts have received a 7-day ban for the first detection

Capt_Waterman #269 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 23:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10 battles
Ok So they ban people using mods such as XVM but in their rollout there using mods found in XVM??? are these kids running this site?

Capt_Waterman #270 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 23:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10 battles

View PostBear_82, on Jan 13 2017 - 16:06, said:

^^^  this  ^^^

To date, 731 accounts have received a 7-day ban for the first detection

NO it was from being reported by a clan for killing one of their boys who got butthurt cause i killed him...wg sent email not knowing if i did or not ..I explained I did use XVM and read in forums that was allowed..they are now using XVM in their next update so go figure.

Viper2112 #271 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 00:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25655 battles

How about if  a WG employee violates the rules when playing in a game? For example last weekend I was playing in a game where we had one of the WG(Sheriffs?? do they still call them that??) guys on the other team the ones with the red crosshair looking thing on his name...we won relatively handily and at the end of the game with 3-4 of us closing in on him he drove INTO THE WATER AND KILLED HIMSELF so NO ONE got the gold....

1. Hows that fair?

2. He said it was a "accident"

3. Where is my gold since I would have easily killed him as I was at 76% in a 110E4 and he was at 3% in his tank??

4. Here is to betting NOTHING comes of this because he was a WG "employee"/"associate"

5. I PM him after the game and he basically told me to screw off and that he had reported his "mistake" to who ever he reports to

6. So he gets off scott free, I get no gold.......but i bet if they had been winning and I was the last one left and he could have killed me and I "accidentally" drove into the water....id bet id not have been treated the same would I?

He was reported by many on our team for this..but nothing came of it..and certainly no gold was added to my account...............

Edited by Viper2112, Feb 07 2017 - 01:00.

driesp #272 Posted Feb 09 2017 - 11:19

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

View PostViper2112, on Feb 07 2017 - 07:41, said:

How about if  a WG employee violates the rules when playing in a game? For example last weekend I was playing in a game where we had one of the WG(Sheriffs?? do they still call them that??) guys on the other team the ones with the red crosshair looking thing on his name...we won relatively handily and at the end of the game with 3-4 of us closing in on him he drove INTO THE WATER AND KILLED HIMSELF so NO ONE got the gold....

1. Hows that fair?

3. Where is my gold since I would have easily killed him as I was at 76% in a 110E4 and he was at 3% in his tank??

4. Here is to betting NOTHING comes of this because he was a WG "employee"/"associate"

5. I PM him after the game and he basically told me to screw off and that he had reported his "mistake" to who ever he reports to

6. So he gets off scott free, I get no gold.......but i bet if they had been winning and I was the last one left and he could have killed me and I "accidentally" drove into the water....id bet id not have been treated the same would I?

He was reported by many on our team for this..but nothing came of it..and certainly no gold was added to my account...............

So let me get this straight... you did not kill him, yet you expect to receive the reward? :facepalm:

Isola_di_Fano #273 Posted Feb 09 2017 - 11:34

Major

• Players
  • 19031 battles

View PostViper2112, on Feb 06 2017 - 18:41, said:

1. Hows that fair?

Open ticket, send replay, ask for explanations/justifications.

Lexers615 #274 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 23:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13629 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

Here's the problem with the so called "fair play" policy... Only mod that warrants a ban is warpack, and it's strictly because of copyright issues. Worse, every time somebody on the forum suggests stricter mod regulation, the troll patrol gets in and belch they fallacies, with the complete approval of WG... Even worse, about trolling, the only people actually getting sanctions are the ones reporting the trolling, even when it comes to reporting pro-nazi or racist slurs.

How's that a "fair play policy", when nothing is fair about it?

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users