I have an intermittent crash on loading battles. Process goes something like this:
1. Reboot machine to make sure it's clean.
2. Start client.
3. Select tank. Select Join Battle. SOMETIMES it loads the battle (about a quarter of the time). Most times it stops responding after it gets about 95% 'full' on the loading bar.
4. Once a battle loads, all subsequent battles will load.
I take one of two actions:
A. Restart client.
B. Reboot computer then restart client.
Both of these actions lead to a far higher chance the client will load the battle. It's not a 100%. But it's closer to 90%, maybe 95%.
In either case, once I make a game, I do not have this problem again until the next time I play the game. What I'm most concerned about is that while I often get back in before the timer ends, I don't always. And it can contribute to losses (I'm no Patton, but starting a tank down can be a problem in an otherwise even match) and I don't like it when I contribute to a loss through this problem.
I have an i76700K (4.0 GHz, non-overclocked) with 16 GB of RAM.
I have a GTX 980 (10.18.13.6881 drivers) with 4GB.
I have Windows 10 Pro (fully updated).
I have a Razer MMO mouse (fully updated).
I have a Logitech G710+ Keyboard (fully updated).
I have over 127 games (Steam alone) plus World of Warships, Armored Warfare, and a few non-Steam (mostly MMOs) PC games. This is the only game that crashes beyond a small-handful of early-release games and a couple of others known to be bug-fests.
I have not found any solid help on the issue. I've tried forcing DX9. I've tinkered with the power settings to 'prefer maximum power.' I've read here. I've read on Reddit. I'm mystified.
I have attacked my DdDiag I ran this AM.