• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

MirrorTank #21 Posted Aug 15 2016 - 04:09

Major

• Players
  • 30350 battles
  • [_UA_] _UA_

View PostCheekiBreeki_, on Aug 14 2016 - 17:11, said:

Like we have said many times.. WGA doesnt affiliate with WN8 or any 3rd part statistic

They could use Personal Rating.

Gabriel_Zayin #22 Posted Aug 15 2016 - 04:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 39045 battles
  • [ZAYIN] ZAYIN

View PostTexz, on Aug 14 2016 - 17:15, said:

Git gud.

Wow. You must have a kollege edumacation 

CheekiBreeki_ #23 Posted Aug 15 2016 - 15:55

Major

• Banned
  • 47329 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostBurning_Haggis, on Aug 14 2016 - 17:27, said:

wn8, WG personal rating, whatever, you are implying Wg doesn't have a meeter to measure players with?   That is silly.

Show me a purple wn8 with a 3000 PR then you argument is valid, until then your point is as lame as it was the first time I heard it.

WG measures a players skill through PR. They DO NOT use WN8 or approve of it in anyway

netspazz #24 Posted Aug 15 2016 - 21:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 26987 battles
  • [-W-W-] -W-W-

View PostMisterTarbox, on Aug 14 2016 - 17:16, said:

then we have to totally balance every game so that each side has the same number of good players and bad players.  

ultimately, after many battles like this, everyone would have a 50% winrate.  

bad players would get to win battles they have no business winning, and good players would be constantly put on bad teams and lose.

the only folks it would benefit would be the bad players.  and not even them, because they would never learn to play better, since they were getting gifted wins and thinking they are good.

This is a false interpretation of the suggestion.

If matchmaker were written correctly to take into account player skill in a vehicle, and matched skilled players with opponents of similar skill, the process will create winners (who would advance in the match making paradigm to fight better players), and losers would move down.

This would have the effect of pitting only the best against the best, and keep the poor players out of unicum matches (and conversely keep unicum players out of [edited]t*r matches) and make sure that as a top tier player, you REALLY have to have your crapin one pile.

Think of it as weight classes in boxing. You have to improve to advance.

The alternative is that potentially good players who WANT to get better get frustrated because they're constantly being placed on teams who have an overall inferior skillset to their opponents, because some very skilled players are, in effect, skillclubbing seals.

On the other hand, if you've 'gitten gud' you had better keep up those skills, or you'll be replaced by hungrier, more tenacious players.

The whole thing about 'fighting better players' is a fiction created by better players to ensure that they have a continuous stream of unskilled targets. Ultimately, it leads to the death of the community, because no one wants to beaten like a pyramid construction worker.

Additionally, the excuse that WoT doesn't use WN8 or external metrics is a spurious statement, as WoT has even more player data to work with (consider that WN8 just APIs that data out of WoT *anyway*) than the WN8 folks. WG could spend some time working with that historical data and stop doing the lazy programming of matching similar tanks together, and write some marginally more sophisticated code to take that data into consideration.

Edited by netspazz, Aug 15 2016 - 21:11.

aethervox #25 Posted Aug 15 2016 - 21:45

Major

• Players
  • 27066 battles
  • [PFLL] PFLL

View PostRolling_Pig, on Aug 14 2016 - 23:03, said:

My suggestion is to change the match making so that in one battle, there cannot be 7 unicorns on one team all top in tier against 7 players that have a combined rating of 6000 and total battles of 7000.  As any idiot can imagine, this results in a loss to the less experienced team of 15-1.  Please stop being thar programmer that doesnt have a clue how to balance teams.

Why does this surprise anyone?

WG can stack the teams any way they want to (and they do just that).

It's not the programmers, OP, it's their bosses telling them what to program.

You think WG could retain the p2p  premium account crowd and give them the same lousy teams as the rest of the player base?

No for profit company bites the hand that feeds them.

Duh!

Phloyd113 #26 Posted Aug 15 2016 - 22:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14967 battles

The OPs point is well taken, except by those who either promote blocking changes to the MM< or have it in their culture to do so because of those who are here to block changes to the MM. You see, this Forum has about 12 oldsters who have advanced past skill based, and they would be the ones who might suffer a bit if it were implemented, so they blindly argue against it. Then there are their 'groupies', who will follow them to the ends of time, and they chime in with the same kind of blocking attempts.

There is room for skill based matchmaking, but you cannot get it changed by listening to those who spend more time here BLOCKING ideas than they do actually playing the game, thus they lack the experience of current gameplay to have any valued opinion. Those that block such ideas are either past the issue, and don't want to see others gain ground on them, or are ignorantly playing Follow the Leader.

So, the best idea I have seen is to apply the Performance rating as a team balancing effort. the PR is within WoT, thus not the WN8 which is controlled by a third party. After assimilating both teams (we already know that the MM creates one team first, which is never adjusted to the results of creating the second team, and that is how these mismatches occur), add to the subroutine to have the MM make an average based on the PR total of both teams. When that difference is greater than "X". ask the MM to move 1-3 tanks from one side to the other as its effort to create a better match.

Simple, easy, and fast. No tank is ever returned to the queue, and precious little real time is added to the CPU (I expect less than 10 microseconds).

But just try to keep a conversation going amidst all this ugliness is beyond even Ghandi's level of self-control. You post something, and within minutes, you r topic gets trashed out of disrespect. This current post is yet another example of thousands when the Select Few trash the thread.

It is the TRASHING which grows old, and causes players to leave. A complete fail of these Select Few with their narcisist approach to everything. YOu see, these Select Few thin they are the Greatest Ever, and no one else has a valid thought.

I mostly have left this Forum to their trashing. Trying to get some assistance from the moderators is beyond their abilities. The Forum is the game's worst enemy.

So, play like a madman, but know that trying to get your idea across in here will just create more frustration for you.

These Forums only accomplish the things that the select Few want, and nothing else can ever get though here. New obscure tanks, obscure and small map changes, things like, and those are only THEIR desires, not ours.

From my experience, let me say that to address the matchmaker in these Forum is to just frustrate yourself. There will never be any changes since this Forum is run by a Select Few only. And only THEY have the priveledge to make changes to the game.

Doomslinger #27 Posted Aug 15 2016 - 23:39

Major

• Players
  • 77759 battles

View PostPhloyd113, on Aug 15 2016 - 17:41, said:

The OPs point is well taken, except by those who either promote blocking changes to the MM< or have it in their culture to do so because of those who are here to block changes to the MM. You see, this Forum has about 12 oldsters who have advanced past skill based, and they would be the ones who might suffer a bit if it were implemented, so they blindly argue against it. Then there are their 'groupies', who will follow them to the ends of time, and they chime in with the same kind of blocking attempts.

There is room for skill based matchmaking, but you cannot get it changed by listening to those who spend more time here BLOCKING ideas than they do actually playing the game, thus they lack the experience of current gameplay to have any valued opinion. Those that block such ideas are either past the issue, and don't want to see others gain ground on them, or are ignorantly playing Follow the Leader.

So, the best idea I have seen is to apply the Performance rating as a team balancing effort. the PR is within WoT, thus not the WN8 which is controlled by a third party. After assimilating both teams (we already know that the MM creates one team first, which is never adjusted to the results of creating the second team, and that is how these mismatches occur), add to the subroutine to have the MM make an average based on the PR total of both teams. When that difference is greater than "X". ask the MM to move 1-3 tanks from one side to the other as its effort to create a better match.

Simple, easy, and fast. No tank is ever returned to the queue, and precious little real time is added to the CPU (I expect less than 10 microseconds).

But just try to keep a conversation going amidst all this ugliness is beyond even Ghandi's level of self-control. You post something, and within minutes, you r topic gets trashed out of disrespect. This current post is yet another example of thousands when the Select Few trash the thread.

It is the TRASHING which grows old, and causes players to leave. A complete fail of these Select Few with their narcisist approach to everything. YOu see, these Select Few thin they are the Greatest Ever, and no one else has a valid thought.

I mostly have left this Forum to their trashing. Trying to get some assistance from the moderators is beyond their abilities. The Forum is the game's worst enemy.

So, play like a madman, but know that trying to get your idea across in here will just create more frustration for you.

These Forums only accomplish the things that the select Few want, and nothing else can ever get though here. New obscure tanks, obscure and small map changes, things like, and those are only THEIR desires, not ours.

From my experience, let me say that to address the matchmaker in these Forum is to just frustrate yourself. There will never be any changes since this Forum is run by a Select Few only. And only THEY have the priveledge to make changes to the game.

Are you related to phteven?

Manimal__ #28 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 01:34

Major

• Players
  • 44279 battles

View PostRolling_Pig, on Aug 14 2016 - 14:03, said:

My suggestion is to change the match making so that in one battle, there cannot be 7 unicorns on one team all top in tier against 7 players that have a combined rating of 6000 and total battles of 7000.  As any idiot can imagine, this results in a loss to the less experienced team of 15-1.  Please stop being thar programmer that doesnt have a clue how to balance teams.

I concur, however I've also seen 7 unicorns go up against a 7 players that have a combined rating of 6000 with 60,000 battles. So, maybe it's not mm.

Slatherer #29 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 01:40

Major

• Players
  • 39280 battles
I would have liked to see a screen shot or replay.   I otherwise find this a bit outrageous of a claim.

Blackwater2016 #30 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 15:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 35219 battles
limit the idiots players in this game, pieden more than 80% of the battles thanks to delayed players entering only to annoy battles, should limit all reds and oranges to play only to tier 7 is not more than Tier 7 . the noobs who enter with tanks premium tier 8 and can not play limitenlos too, fix the damn MM each day is worse, really after 5 years playing this deboi game say that every time this worse, mejoraronj the graphics but each day there are more and more idiots playing it so the good players are going to other gameslimit the idiots players in this game, pieden more than 80% of the battles thanks to delayed players entering only to annoy battles, should limit all reds and oranges to play only to tier 7 is not more than Tier 7 . the noobs who enter with tanks premium tier 8 and can not play limitenlos too, fix the damn MM each day is worse, really after 5 years playing this deboi game say that every time this worse, mejoraronj the graphics but each day there are more and more idiots playing it so the good players are going to other games

Blackwater2016 #31 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 15:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 35219 battles
Administrators enter battle, look at him for yourselves , you will realize that the game is a mess !!!, you might not play 10 games and lose 9 or even 10 games by children and idiots who enter with tanks high and can not play or co tier 5, create a filter based on statistics !!!! , bad, then go play with bad players and if you are good to go play with players buenosd , is so simple , but clear WG is not interested in the opinion of the players, nothing else cares collect and sell premium children and idiots who can not play with tier 5 tanks and come to bother battles with premium tier 8

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users