Crew retraining - paying to retrain on previous tank

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Rostermonkey #1 Posted Jul 30 2011 - 04:05

Private

• Players
  • 3800 battles
  • [OZZI2] OZZI2
Can anyone tell me why we should have to pay to have a crew retrained on a vehicle that they have already been trained to 100% on? I had a 100% crew in a Hetzer but wanted to change development streams, now I have paid the 200 gold each time per crew member to acheive 100% training when uptraining into a new vehicle, so whay should I have to pay to re-use a previously trained vehicle. Come on I understand this is a business venture but enough is enough. Please allow us to put our crew back into their old vehicles without slugging us 200 gold for each crew member.

-Rostermonkey

Vinedragon #2 Posted Jul 30 2011 - 04:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2661 battles
Yes! Please cure our crews spontaneously alzheimer's when they so much as get into a different vehicle.

BaronJaeger #3 Posted Jul 30 2011 - 04:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2691 battles

View PostVinedragon, on Jul 30 2011 - 04:13, said:

Yes! Please cure our crews spontaneously alzheimer's when they so much as get into a different vehicle.

Ermmm...Crew memories

Obviously, I agree %100.

FluffytheDestroyer #4 Posted Jul 30 2011 - 19:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 510 battles
Yes, it's dumb that if they go backwards they don't remember their old tank skill and have to be retrained taking a hit to their competence level (training percent).

That being said ... I'm not sure it's a "more money for WoT" issue. I mean, seriously, how often do people actually want to move their crews backwards through the tiers? I'd imagine it's more of an issue of having to save the data than anything else. Once you retrain them in the next level of tank they only have to keep the new data on the server and they delete the old data. If they had to keep the data for the old tank (and all subsequent past tanks) then the amount of data you're talking about would climb exponentially. Not sure how much it would be but I could see that being the issue more than anything.

Ape_Drape #5 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 07:34

Captain

• Players
  • 44189 battles
  • [SOT] SOT

View PostFluffytheDestroyer, on Jul 30 2011 - 19:55, said:

Yes, it's dumb that if they go backwards they don't remember their old tank skill and have to be retrained taking a hit to their competence level (training percent).

That being said ... I'm not sure it's a "more money for WoT" issue. I mean, seriously, how often do people actually want to move their crews backwards through the tiers? I'd imagine it's more of an issue of having to save the data than anything else. Once you retrain them in the next level of tank they only have to keep the new data on the server and they delete the old data. If they had to keep the data for the old tank (and all subsequent past tanks) then the amount of data you're talking about would climb exponentially. Not sure how much it would be but I could see that being the issue more than anything.

Considering the training path I was taking to the Maus is going to be changed and I have to go back and research a different line, often?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users