Would you believe the world is more peaceful now than at any time in history?

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Klaatu_Nicto #101 Posted Aug 22 2016 - 04:04

Major

• Players
  • 44051 battles

View PostWulfeHound, on Aug 21 2016 - 15:17, said:

That's what I was indirectly referring to, the solar cycle and sunspot activity

The solar wind and solar magnetic field themselves do not heat or cool the planets. It's the effect they have on the atmosphere that influences climate and weather.

WulfeHound #102 Posted Aug 22 2016 - 04:11

Major

• Players
  • 12925 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostKrentel, on Aug 21 2016 - 22:04, said:

The solar wind and solar magnetic field themselves do not heat or cool the planets. It's the effect they have on the atmosphere that influences climate and weather.

Yes, I know.

Klaatu_Nicto #103 Posted Aug 22 2016 - 04:27

Major

• Players
  • 44051 battles

View PostKrentel, on Aug 21 2016 - 18:58, said:

I believe when it comes to peace in the world the very strong likelihood that we are in the beginning stages of a Grand Solar Minimum (GSM) needs to be taken seriously and plans made to prepare for it.  

Like I've pointed out a number of times on this forum much research and study into the earth's climate history provides a record which shows that the warming trend that began at the end of the Little Ice Age, 200 years go, up until modern day is not unusual or unprecedented like some would have you believe. In the past several thousand years, when average temps were as warm or warmer then today, mankind did well and in many areas flourished. It was during the colder periods caused by GSM's when mankind suffered greatly. 

Just as scientists can reconstruct earth's climate history they can also, through direct observation over the past several hundred years and other means such as ice core samples or tree rings, reconstruct solar activity in the past. The kind of solar activity we have seen over the past three or four years, since the beginning of current cycle 24, is unusual but has occurred in the past. The record shows that this kind of solar activity is the beginning of a GSM which in the past has led to decades or centuries of cooler temperatures and extreme weather.  

The last two GSM's occurred in the 1300's and the mid 1600 to 1700 periods. In the 1300's the GSM led to colder temps and extreme weather which did not end until the 1800's in the event referred to as The Little Ice Age. The Little Ice Age did not begin with a sudden drop in average temps. While there were some unusual cold events in the early years it was extreme rainfall and the flooding it caused that opened the early stages of the climate shift. 

The next GSM, which began in the mid 1600 to 1700 period, led to even cooler temps and the worst part of the Little Ice Age which included the "year without a summer.". This is the period known as the Maunder Minimum named after the husband/wife team who were making daily observations of solar activity. For the past several years we have seen the same, unusual solar activity the Maunders saw.

During the Little Ice Age millions of people died from the cold, starvation or disease which ran rampant because of the malnourished population and these were people who knew how to live off the land. Most of those who did survive did so hungry and miserable. Imagine spending your entire life hungry and miserable.  We are currently seeing the same kind of extreme weather and crop losses that they saw in the early stages of the Little Ice.  Over the past several months in some areas, all around the world. crops and livestock have been lost to unusual cold and rain events which not only effect the food supply, they also have a financial impact on the producers and those consumers who have access to the food produced from the surviving crops and livestock. 

Various means involving different solar related factors have been used by some researchers to reconstruct past solar activity and compare it to past climate and most of them point in one direction - we are in the beginning stages of a GSM and cooling.  Nobody can be absolute certain this is going to happen but it seems very likely it is happening.  If it does happen how long will it last and how severe it will be nobody can answer because that involves factors that we don't fully understand or may not know about.  A couple of factors are the oceanic cycles in the Pacific and Atlantic. What happens if the GSM begins when one or both oceans are in their multi-decade cool phase versus in their multi-decade warm phase? The authors of the research paper I posted here earlier believe the cooler climate will begin in 2017, will be multi-decadel and will really kick-in during the 2020's.  

How do you prepare for it if it becomes apparent we are entering a period of cooling? Unless you live in an area where you can live off the land and stay warm during the winter, which will depend on how far north you live in the Northern Hemisphere, you should think about it, especially about keeping warm. There are things that could be done and plans made by those in the agricultural industry and government in preparation for such an event should it happen in regards to food production so staying fed may not be a problem for those most of us. However, in a very worst case scenario, large numbers of desperate, hungry people will prey on those who have do food. plus a Pentagon Report raises the possibility that four nuclear armed nations, Russia-China-Pakistan-India, could go to war over access to resources. So much for a peaceful world under that scenario.

Staying warm is another thing and much easier to prepare for. During a GSM we would see more frequent and more intense cold weather events which will at times disrupt your access to electricity for prolonged periods of time so at the very least be prepared for that. In early January, 1997, in western Washington State we got hit with not only an unusual amount of snow, it was a heavy wet snow which left over half a million people without power in the most populated area of the state.  Power line crews from as far as Canada, southern California and the East Coast came to help. I in a city of 50,000 located right between and within a 20 minute drive of the largest and third largest cities in my state and it still took seven days before I got my power restored. I did not have a generator then and stores could not keep them in stock so for seven days, in temps in the low 30's and 20's F,  I was cold and unable to cook a warm meal. And, even if I did get a generator back then, none of the local gas stations had power either so no gas was available. I was lucky because some folks did not get their power restored for several weeks. I have a generator now and over 25 gallons of gas stored, which will keep me lit and above freezing for close to a week, which I rotate every couple of years into my Daewoo. What I would like to do is get a generator that runs on propane and have a large propane tank so I don't have to rotate or rely on the local gasoline supply in a prolonged power outage. 

Here is a visual example of what you can expect more of during a GSM.  I'm sure some of our Canadians here who lived in that area at that time remember it. 

Not trying to start fights or derail topics. Based on the evidence I have seen I truly believe mankind has not had a major part to play in the recent warming trend, that solar activity is a major factor in climate change and we are heading into a GSM. My agenda is providing information which supports my beliefs in order to make people take seriously my warning about what appears to be coming.  Let what I post be the spark that lights your interest and makes you do your own research which I think, if you do, will lead you to the same conclusion as mine.  Or, just ignore it and believe everything the mainstream media, government officials, those with a financial interest in mitigating global warming and environmental extremists tell you. The choice is yours but that choice could have a big impact on your life and the life of you family in the future so choose wisely. 

I've been reading and watching daily reports on solar activity for several years. You can do so too here.

http://spaceweather.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/Suspicious0bservers/videos

I don' t know any of you very well but I still care about most of you. That's why I do stuff like this although there are a few of you, who if you fail to take my warning seriously and end up suffering because of it, is fine with me.  :)

This storm hit my area in 2012 leaving me without power for several days. Luckily I had my generator, plenty of gas and food to get me by. My car had a coating of ice on it like you see in the following video. Even after breaking the ice free from doors for several days my doors were still frozen shut so good thing I did not need to drive anywhere.

During this ice storm trying to clear the ice off a branch on my Birch tree in my front yard almost ended in tragedy. The weight of the ice was causing the branch to droop down on the power line to house. I was afraid if more ice accumulated it would bring my line down which would result in me being without power for a longer period of time than otherwise. I was using an extendable pole pruner when a bunch of small ice particles fell towards my face so I shut my eyes for a couple of seconds. While they were closed the pointy end of a large, heavy icicle hit me on the nose right between my eyes and knocked me down. Had it hit a quarter inch in either direction at the very least I would have lost an eye and at the worst, it would pierced my eye socket and given me a lobotomy. 

Edited by Krentel, Aug 22 2016 - 07:10.

Klaatu_Nicto #104 Posted Aug 22 2016 - 06:45

Major

• Players
  • 44051 battles

This just popped up on my radar.

08/21/2016 - The federal government wants to encourage the population again for stockpiling, so that they in the event of major disasters or of armed attack temporarily can take care of himself. "The population is stopped, hold up a personal supply of food of ten days", according to the "civil defense concept", which is to decide the Cabinet on Wednesday. The reports the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung (FAS), citing the text, which has been elaborated by the Ministry of the Interior and the newspaper was present.

This is the first strategy of civil defense since the end of the Cold War.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.faz.net%2Faktuell%2Fpolitik%2Finland%2Ff-a-s-exklusiv-so-will-die-bundesregierung-im-kriegsfall-reagieren-14398973.html&edit-text=&act=url

Klaatu_Nicto #105 Posted Aug 22 2016 - 18:51

Major

• Players
  • 44051 battles

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), 11 August 2016 

Observed during the past month slightly below average sea surface temperatures (-0.5 C)  close to the equator across the eastern tropical Pacific Ocean.

The forecaster consensus during the August-October season predicts between -0.5°C and -1.0°C.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/enso_advisory/ensodisc.html

http://yournewswire.com/russia-warns-of-global-chaos-as-mini-ice-age-winter-arrives/

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/537535/britain-mini-ice-age-widespread-blackouts

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/699681/FREAK-climate-changes-spark-min-ice-age-Britain-2017

http://bendedreality.com/ultra-warmist-german-solar-physicists-does-a-u-turn-now-warns-of-a-mini-ice-age/

http://www.berliner-kurier.de/news/panorama/wissenschaftler-warnen-europa-droht-eine-neue-eiszeit---im-miniformat-24312668?dmcid=sm_fb_p

This last video is from 2014. Since it aired solar activity has dropped even more.

Our sun on 8-22-2016

Edited by Krentel, Aug 22 2016 - 19:42.

Cognitive_Dissonance #106 Posted Aug 23 2016 - 16:51

Major

• Players
  • 40641 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View PostKrentel, on Aug 20 2016 - 12:48, said:

I've posted some "cohesive thoughts" a number of times here in the past couple of years on this subject but what I think should not matter to you or anyone else. What matters is the real world data and what is occurring around the world in regards to weather and climate which I have posted.

I don't have to google North Atlantic Conveyor. I've known about it for a long time.. You must of missed my note last year where I wrote about how in 1972 I entered college with plans, which went astray, on getting a degree in oceanography and from December 1979 to May 1980 I worked with scientists at Weyerhaeuser's R&D facility in Federal Way and in their forestry lab in Centralia, both in Washington State. 

Do you know the basis behind the theory that a melting Greenland ice cap could shut down the conveyor and that that theory is based on another theory?  Somewhere in The Universe topic I posted a video were the creator of the hockey stick graph and a major proponent of the AGW theory, Michael Mann, discounts this theory. Here's an interesting fact about the NAC. After the warm water sinks to the bottom of the ocean in the North Atlantic it flows south and takes a left turn under Africa and eventually resurfaces in the Pacific ocean. The water that is sinking at this very moment in the North Atlantic will resurface in the Pacific in the year 3016.

I am also familiar with the Pacific Decadal Oscillation, the Pacific ENSO and the Atlantic Decadal Oscillation all of which are natural cycles which shift between warm and cold phases and have a major influence on climate and weather. Research over the past couple of years indicate the ADO has ended it's natural warm phase and is entering it's natural cool phase.

Lastly, contrary to what Matt keeps saying, I understand the basis behind the AGW theory and am familiar with the effects certain wavelengths have on the outer valence electrons of C02 molecules. What is not understood by proponents of the AGW theory, so is not included in their computer models, is the effect the solar wind and the solar magnetic field have on earths atmosphere, climate and weather. That is why the grand solar minimum is so important in regards to our climate and weather over the next few decades. 

I abandoned that thread. Got tired of wading through the drivel (not you), of other posters. Tired of music videos, and other nonsense, ISS seems to really be fond of derailing.

These sentences here, go toward me understanding your thought process much better than any page of links. However, the thread was about the level of violence and death. I understand you are trying to tie this phenomenon to that, but I would like to know your take on violence in general in todays world, as opposed to anything from the 1200's forward. Not weather related, just how humans treat each other in general over the last few millennia.

Edited by SmirkingGerbil, Aug 23 2016 - 16:57.

Klaatu_Nicto #107 Posted Aug 23 2016 - 21:03

Major

• Players
  • 44051 battles

View PostSmirkingGerbil, on Aug 23 2016 - 07:51, said:

I abandoned that thread. Got tired of wading through the drivel (not you), of other posters. Tired of music videos, and other nonsense, ISS seems to really be fond of derailing.

These sentences here, go toward me understanding your thought process much better than any page of links. However, the thread was about the level of violence and death. I understand you are trying to tie this phenomenon to that, but I would like to know your take on violence in general in todays world, as opposed to anything from the 1200's forward. Not weather related, just how humans treat each other in general over the last few millennia.

Like climate change, if you look beyond the headlines you see a different picture. Ya, we have problems with ISIS and Islamic radicalism in the middle east and elsewhere plus some other problems in other areas but compered to the past 800 years or so it's more peaceful compared to the past.  I can't provide any statistics to back this up but I imagine that for every headline we see or read about something bad going on there are at least thousands of acts of goodness and kindness that go unreported. When left alone by outside forces and with the resources they require to live I think the majority of people are good and want a peaceful existence with their neighbors.

However, we do have people pushing agendas that can change all that, instigators making certain groups agitated, objectivity being replaced with subjectivity, political correctness and other issues so how long this relative peace will last is in my mind in question.  I will not go into detail on all that other than to say that if we are indeed heading into global cooling, if you and/or your family are starving good, peaceful people will take desperate actions.

Edit: btw, the current "The Universe" topic is one I started and I don't think ISS has left any notes in it. Most of it has nothing do to with climate change although I did just post something about the 'winter' storm that just dumped 8 inches of snow in parts of Alaska and record cold temps in Europe. Also, very exciting for me, next year I get to stand in my yard and watch a solar eclipse. This will be my second eclipse. The last was in the late 1970's so been a while.  It will first hit the U.S. in the Pacific Northwest then travel SE across America.

Edited by Krentel, Aug 23 2016 - 23:33.

Horribad_At_Tanks #108 Posted Aug 24 2016 - 01:27

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

View PostDonward, on Aug 21 2016 - 19:09, said:

The next shooting war will be about cultists in the Church of Global Warming declaring jihad on those who worship at the carbon fuel covered altar of No Man-made Climate Change...

:P

Very true and both sides are right and wrong. We do need to eventually wean ourselves off our carbon based fuel addiction to run our almost pure electrical based society but the replacement tech has been long and hard to come around due to the carbon fuel lobby efforts to block it at every turn and keep hold of their vast global power. Unfortunately as a counterpoint the jihadists on the global warming side want all carbon based fuel to be removed right now no matter the consequences even if it means the death of hundreds of millions or even billions through starvation and lack of power to guard against the elements. I'm sure krental can toss out the direct quotes from leading global warming alarmist leaders and intellectuals that WANT billions to die to 'save the planet' from the evil humans who should be relegated to a caretaker status with just enough humans to live off 18th century levels of technology or even less going back to a primal earth where the beasts rule. These nutcases are in positions of power right now determining the policy that will affect your children and grandchildrens lives.

Cognitive_Dissonance #109 Posted Aug 24 2016 - 14:41

Major

• Players
  • 40641 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View PostKrentel, on Aug 23 2016 - 14:03, said:

Like climate change, if you look beyond the headlines you see a different picture. Ya, we have problems with ISIS and Islamic radicalism in the middle east and elsewhere plus some other problems in other areas but compered to the past 800 years or so it's more peaceful compared to the past.  I can't provide any statistics to back this up but I imagine that for every headline we see or read about something bad going on there are at least thousands of acts of goodness and kindness that go unreported. When left alone by outside forces and with the resources they require to live I think the majority of people are good and want a peaceful existence with their neighbors.

However, we do have people pushing agendas that can change all that, instigators making certain groups agitated, objectivity being replaced with subjectivity, political correctness and other issues so how long this relative peace will last is in my mind in question.  I will not go into detail on all that other than to say that if we are indeed heading into global cooling, if you and/or your family are starving good, peaceful people will take desperate actions.

Edit: btw, the current "The Universe" topic is one I started and I don't think ISS has left any notes in it. Most of it has nothing do to with climate change although I did just post something about the 'winter' storm that just dumped 8 inches of snow in parts of Alaska and record cold temps in Europe. Also, very exciting for me, next year I get to stand in my yard and watch a solar eclipse. This will be my second eclipse. The last was in the late 1970's so been a while.  It will first hit the U.S. in the Pacific Northwest then travel SE across America.

Thank you.

No worries on my emergency plans. I wired a Generator via a back-feed from a Welding outlet in my garage. We lose power often, so when it goes out, I kill the main, fire up the Ginny, and bask in Light/AC/Refrigeration and Microwave glory. However, my plans only encompass a two week (more or less) stay in the house with food and water to match. Plans also include a relocation or bug out scenario also. Basically if infrastructure is so badly damaged, and no one is getting food/water/power via alternative means, you sure as hell don't want to be the only guy with power/food/water in the wreckage of a sprawling suburban disaster zone. We learned this in 05 when a tornado destroyed large parts of our neighborhood, and surrounding areas. A lot of deaths, and destruction. My house was fairly intact, but "rubber neckers", gawkers, and then looters ended up prowling through the wreckage of our neighborhood, the National Guard had to come out and post sentries around our area to keep looters and gawkers out while we tried to rebuild.

So my plan includes the ability to stay mobile, and away from hoards of red/orange baddies, that have no plan, no common sense, and once the water and food run out, I will let them fight amongst themselves.

But, the optimist in me, thinks it will never get to that point.

Edited by SmirkingGerbil, Aug 24 2016 - 14:43.

jediwannabe #110 Posted Aug 24 2016 - 15:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16784 battles

View PostSmirkingGerbil, on Aug 17 2016 - 16:36, said:

Jeesh, you folks are missing Matt's point entirely. You keep focusing (most) on the last 100 years. Go back, waaay back. Even with the atrocities in Sudan, Syria, Afghanistan etc. the world is actually better off.

When Ghengis swept through Afghanistan and other silk road territories, he favored artists, so when they took a town, village, province, all the politicians, teachers, priests and merchants had their heads chopped off, and piled high in pyramids. Excepting of course the lucky artisans.

This also had the net result of destroying most of the knowledge, and infrastructure for any culture he invaded. Piles of heads meters high. You think Sudan is bad? The expansion and collapse of empires right up to the dark ages encompasses so much death and destruction, that Hitler, Stalin, and modern day sadistic drug lords would look like secondary wanna bee's.

Matt is right, the article has good insight. Things, can, are and will get better. Is it perfect, a glorious Utopia, no, but it certainly isn't some dark Dystopian nightmare either.

https://youtu.be/kd-_EJ4rKfw

Agreed, this video puts it in perspective.

mattwong #111 Posted Aug 24 2016 - 15:45

Major

• Players
  • 30470 battles

View PostHorribad_At_Tanks, on Aug 23 2016 - 19:27, said:

Very true and both sides are right and wrong. We do need to eventually wean ourselves off our carbon based fuel addiction to run our almost pure electrical based society but the replacement tech has been long and hard to come around due to the carbon fuel lobby efforts to block it at every turn and keep hold of their vast global power. Unfortunately as a counterpoint the jihadists on the global warming side want all carbon based fuel to be removed right now no matter the consequences even if it means the death of hundreds of millions or even billions through starvation and lack of power to guard against the elements. I'm sure krental can toss out the direct quotes from leading global warming alarmist leaders and intellectuals that WANT billions to die to 'save the planet' from the evil humans who should be relegated to a caretaker status with just enough humans to live off 18th century levels of technology or even less going back to a primal earth where the beasts rule. These nutcases are in positions of power right now determining the policy that will affect your children and grandchildrens lives.

This is global warming denial's latest trick: focusing on what Green Party kooks are saying, in order to dismiss global warming theory as some sort of crackpot movement even if the science is sound.  It's almost as bad as Krentel's relentless cherry-picked copy-pasting of data and sources.  Even when you point out what he's doing, he just keep cherry-picking and copy-pasting.

Klaatu_Nicto #112 Posted Aug 24 2016 - 18:38

Major

• Players
  • 44051 battles

View Postmattwong, on Aug 24 2016 - 06:45, said:

This is global warming denial's latest trick: focusing on what Green Party kooks are saying, in order to dismiss global warming theory as some sort of crackpot movement even if the science is sound.  It's almost as bad as Krentel's relentless cherry-picked copy-pasting of data and sources.  Even when you point out what he's doing, he just keep cherry-picking and copy-pasting.

No, you have no sound science nor proof that mankind is causing global warming. All you have is a theory and computer models with programs written that consider C02 a major factor for the warming trend that began before the industrial age began. I understand your comments about my copy and pasting. Your logical fallacies are all you have left since you can't argue with the data from from NOAA about the Pacific Ocean cooling and the data from NASA's satellite networks showing our atmosphere is cooling, both of which reinforce the solid science which says we are entering a Grand Solar Minimum.

I see you in the future wrapped in blankets eating German Shepherd Jambalaya. :)

I didn't plan on saying any more about climate change here but if you want to keep it up I'm game.

Aug 11, 2016 - Overnight temperatures drop to 0 in Twente

The Neatherland Times - The mercury in Twente dropped to a very cold 0 degrees during the early hours of Thursday morning. This is the first time ever temperatures dropped so lo in the Netherlands during this time of the year, according to weather service Weeronline.
http://www.nltimes.nl/2016/08/11/overnight-temperatures-drop-0-twente/

August 9, 2016 - Astonishing’ snow depth on North Face of Ben Nevis

BBC News - It is not unusual for Ben Nevis to have coverings of snow all year. However, snow expert Iain Cameron has described the depth of the white stuff on the mountain’s North Face as “astonishing”. Last year, Mr Cameron recorded 73 patches - the most for 21 years. He said the snow survived because of a cool spring and frequent snow showers until June.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-37020327

Piers Corbyn challenges Top Meteorology professor to provide observational evidence of so-called man-made ‘climate change’.

https://weatheraction.wordpress.com/2016/05/19/piers-corbyn-challenges-top-meteorology-professor-to-provide-observational-evidence-of-so-called-man-made-climate-change/

Astrophysicist Piers Corbyn, has a prediction success rate of roughly 85%...better than any of the "man made" climate change activists and proponents in the field of climate science.

Spoiler

Piers Corbyn -

These heatwaves, recent frosts in Scotland, other heatwaves across Europe and parts of USA and extreme storm heat and cold events around the world are nothing to do with CO2 or so-called man-made climate change - which does not exist.  These extremes of all sorts are driven by wild changes in the Jet Stream (upper air West to east winds) which are controlled by changes in solar-magnetic activity and largely predictable by WeatherAction's world-leading system of Long-Range forecasting.

The extreme weather events of the last 8 years are the WRONG TYPE OF EXTREMES for the CO2 theory and systematically on a daily basis negate that theory and prove it is delusional nonsense beyond any shadow of honest evidence-based scientific doubt.

Edited by Krentel, Aug 24 2016 - 21:54.

Klaatu_Nicto #113 Posted Aug 24 2016 - 18:50

Major

• Players
  • 44051 battles

View PostHorribad_At_Tanks, on Aug 23 2016 - 16:27, said:

Ya, I sure can but I'll keep it to just two.

"A global climate treaty must be implemented even if there is no scientific evidence to back the greenhouse effect." - Richard Elliot Benedict, an employee for the State Department working on assignment for the Conservation Foundation

Richard Elliot Benedick is President of the National Council for Science and the Environment. He is a former diplomat and was chief United States negotiator to the Montreal Protocol on protection of the ozone layer. He is a member of the American Academy of Diplomacy.

Political pressure must be applied immediately to induce the United States government to assume its responsibility to halt the growth of the Ameri­can population. Once growth is halted, the government should undertake to influence the birth rate so that the population is reduced to an optimum size and maintained there...A massive campaign must be launched to restore a high-quality environment in North America and to de-develop the United States. - John Paul Holdren

Indeed, it has been concluded that compulsory population-control laws, even including laws requiring compulsory abortion, could be sustained under the existing Constitution....Adding a sterilant to drinking water or staple foods is a suggestion....to be acceptable, such a substance would have to meet some rather stiff requirements: it must be uniformly effective....A program of sterilizing women after their second or third child, despite the relatively greater difficulty of the operation than vasectomy, might be easier to implement than trying to sterilize men. - John Paul Holdren

John Paul Holdren  is the senior advisor to President Barack Obama on science and technology issues through his roles as Assistant to the President for Science and Technology, Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, and Co-Chair of the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology

Edited by Krentel, Aug 24 2016 - 19:21.

Klaatu_Nicto #114 Posted Aug 25 2016 - 19:15

Major

• Players
  • 44051 battles

Scientists take the first step towards eventually creating T-1000 terminators and now this. It's not us 'little people' who will be unsettling our relatively peaceful world. 

Back in the 1990's I was one of those 'insane' people writing on forums about HAARP.  The governments environmental impact statement stated one of the areas of research would be "weather modification."

If I want to say warm I whip up a batch of plasma.

;)

Edited by Krentel, Aug 25 2016 - 20:36.

mattwong #115 Posted Aug 26 2016 - 15:48

Major

• Players
  • 30470 battles
(sigh) This is why Krentel is tiresome.  Endless copy-pasting, which he believes to constitute a form of cogent argument and a strong case.

Donward #116 Posted Aug 26 2016 - 15:58

Major

• Players
  • 46957 battles
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO

View PostKrentel, on Aug 25 2016 - 10:15, said:

Scientists take the first step towards eventually creating T-1000 terminators and now this. It's not us 'little people' who will be unsettling our relatively peaceful world. 

Back in the 1990's I was one of those 'insane' people writing on forums about HAARP.  The governments environmental impact statement stated one of the areas of research would be "weather modification."

If I want to say warm I whip up a batch of plasma.

;)

Did you say HAARP?

It turns out the facility is now owned by the University of Anchorage Fairbanks and it will be open to the public to tour during an open house.

Tickets to Anchorage/Fairbanks are cheap this time of year. You should go!

http://www.adn.com/a...f-mind-control/

Klaatu_Nicto #117 Posted Aug 26 2016 - 18:53

Major

• Players
  • 44051 battles

View Postmattwong, on Aug 26 2016 - 06:48, said:

(sigh) This is why Krentel is tiresome.  Endless copy-pasting, which he believes to constitute a form of cogent argument and a strong case.

You are so typical of those like you I have encountered on forums over the past 24 years. You complain about the copy-pasting while ignoring what's in those pastes.  Here is another one for you to ignore from what you consider right-wing "climate denial websites."

Solar Activity Has A Direct Impact On Earth’s Cloud Cover

Nation Space Institute, Technical University of Denmark,  8/24/2016 - A team of scientists from the National Space Institute at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU Space) and the Racah Institute of Physics at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem has linked large solar eruptions to changes in Earth’s cloud cover in a study based on over 25 years of satellite observations.

The eruptions cause a reduction in cloud fraction of about 2 percent corresponding to roughly a billion tonnes of liquid water disappearing from the atmosphere. Since clouds are known to affect global temperatures on longer timescales, the present investigation represents an important step in the understanding of clouds and climate variability.

Since clouds are affected by short term changes in galactic cosmic radiation, they may well also be affected by the slower change in Solar activity that happens on scales from tens to hundreds of years, and thus play a role in the radiation budget that determines the global temperature.

The Suns contribution to past and future climate change may thus be larger than merely the direct changes in radiation, concludes the scientists behind the new study.

http://www.space.dtu.dk/english/news/nyhed?id=B759B038-66D3-4328-BBDC-0B0A82371446

Klaatu_Nicto #118 Posted Aug 26 2016 - 18:59

Major

• Players
  • 44051 battles

View PostDonward, on Aug 26 2016 - 06:58, said:

Did you say HAARP?

It turns out the facility is now owned by the University of Anchorage Fairbanks and it will be open to the public to tour during an open house.

Tickets to Anchorage/Fairbanks are cheap this time of year. You should go!

http://www.adn.com/a...f-mind-control/

I don't need to travel to Alaska to see it. I generate my own plasma and I scrapped a bunch of microwave ovens in order to make my own atmospheric heater.

I can see what they have in Alaska by simply stepping out my back door.

;)

Klaatu_Nicto #119 Posted Aug 31 2016 - 19:18

Major

• Players
  • 44051 battles

Hundreds of millions or more of people without enough food to eat will have a big effect on world peace. If you doubt what I'm thinking google cold destroys crops. After that google Atlantic Ocean cooling. Add the Atlantic Ocean cooling, which began several years ago, to NOAA's prediction that the Pacific will cool later this year and the extremely low activity of our suns current solar cycle and it all points in one direction. A direction one government is now publicly acknowledging.  

Mongolian Gov't Urges Hard Work In Harvesting Before Colder Weather

8-24-2016 - It may get cold earlier than usual, raising the risk of frost affecting the harvesting of wheat and vegetables, the ministry said.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2016-08/24/c_135630473.htm

We also have this news to add to the abnormal cold events around the world this summer I have previously posted about.

Russian Snows For The Third Time In August

8-29-2016
https://www.gismeteo.ru/news/klimat/20580-prishla-zima-151-v-yakutii-vypalo-do-18-sm-snega/

Snow In August? Freak Hail and Rain Storm Hits Colorado Springs

8-29-2016 - The furious storm walloped the city Monday afternoon, dumping heavy hail up to two feet deep and then at least two inches of rain on the area, especially in Logan and Bijou.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3764485/Freak-hail-rain-storm-hits-Colorado-Springs-leaving-buried-snow-submerged-water.html

Winter Rudely Interrupts Summer in the Northern Rockies
7-11-2016 - A taste of winter weather swept into the northern Rockies Sunday into early Monday where snow was reported in parts of Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming. It was enough to close Beartooth Pass Monday on the Wyoming side, typically open from late May through mid-October. Temperatures are also well below average for the middle of July.

https://weather.com/forecast/regional/news/summer-snow-cold-montana-photos

TLWiz #120 Posted Aug 31 2016 - 19:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 22408 battles
  • [DSSRT] DSSRT

View PostKrentel, on Aug 16 2016 - 04:41, said:

In today's news, because of the Western-sponsored regime change in Ukraine and what has transpired since, Russia is building dozens of underground bunkers capable of withstanding atomic blasts.

Western sponsored destabilization usually ends poorly.  Then we do it some more.  Same results.  Maybe try again and see.  Oops....      Diplomacy seems to be a lost art.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users