Jump to content


the P.1000 Ratte...I want one of these in my garage


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

iguana832 #1 Posted Aug 16 2016 - 22:50

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20950 battles
  • 201
  • [DHO2] DHO2
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011

I stumbled on this article about some super mega dream tank that Hitler wanted. It would have dwarfed the Maus.

http://www.warhistoryonline.com/world-war-ii/p-1000-ratte-paper-tiger-supertank.html


 


 


 


 



Blackhorse_Six_ #2 Posted Aug 16 2016 - 22:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 44230 battles
  • 10,030
  • [HHT] HHT
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

Yeah ... No ... :sceptic:

 

You'll never see it here.



Eleven_Hotel #3 Posted Aug 16 2016 - 22:55

    Captain

  • Players
  • 78289 battles
  • 1,098
  • [VETS1] VETS1
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012

Why not KARL, it was real.

 

Oh, It takes 15 minutes to fire.

 

Oh well



BattlecryGWJ #4 Posted Aug 16 2016 - 22:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 32828 battles
  • 7,059
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD
  • Member since:
    12-20-2011

http://worldoftanks....11-ratte-alert/

 

There you go... enjoy.



Blackhorse_Six_ #5 Posted Aug 16 2016 - 22:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 44230 battles
  • 10,030
  • [HHT] HHT
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

View PostBattlecryGWJ, on Aug 16 2016 - 16:55, said:

http://worldoftanks....11-ratte-alert/

 

There you go... enjoy.

 

Help me - I'm signed-in, and can't sign-in ...



killswitch95 #6 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 00:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 34569 battles
  • 8,804
  • [NICO] NICO
  • Member since:
    04-12-2012

View Postiguana832, on Aug 16 2016 - 16:50, said:

I stumbled on this article about some super mega dream tank that Hitler wanted. It would have dwarfed the Maus.

 

And then I thought "Wow I absolutely must make a forum post about it without searching for similar topics that may have been suggested about the Ratte over the years" because 

I'm not that sharpest tool around, and sometimes the simplest things such as using a search function elude my understanding...

 <- me trying to do anything requiring even a minimal amount of skill...

 

Fixed that for you OP, no need to thank me, it was a simple mistake really, that anyone could have made, i'm glad I could help out :)


Edited by killswitch95, Aug 17 2016 - 00:58.


ket101 #7 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 00:41

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 18432 battles
  • 8,706
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011
WG consigned the Ratte to the pits of destruction in one of the special garages.  So no Ratte.

King_Derpy_Fart #8 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 00:43

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1465 battles
  • 205
  • Member since:
    11-06-2015

View Postkillswitch95, on Aug 17 2016 - 00:28, said:

 

Fixed that for you OP, no need to thank me, it was a simple mistake really, that anyone could have made, i'm glad I could help out :)

 

I sense a strike inbound.

killswitch95 #9 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 00:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 34569 battles
  • 8,804
  • [NICO] NICO
  • Member since:
    04-12-2012

View PostKing_Derpy_Fart, on Aug 16 2016 - 18:43, said:

 

I sense a strike inbound.

 

but im not actually insulting anybody, just happily informing the OP that... this topic has been made... and made... and made... and made...  over and over again...

 

but for the softies, edited to provide a "softer" punch...


Edited by killswitch95, Aug 17 2016 - 00:59.


Donward #10 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 01:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 38615 battles
  • 7,067
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO
  • Member since:
    08-29-2011
So now the HIstorical Armored Vehicle section of WoT NA forum has degenerated to Ratte posts.

What a coup. Isn't this place so much better now that the regular posters have been chased off?

iguana832 #11 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 23:04

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20950 battles
  • 201
  • [DHO2] DHO2
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011

View Postkillswitch95, on Aug 16 2016 - 15:28, said:

 

Fixed that for you OP, no need to thank me, it was a simple mistake really, that anyone could have made, i'm glad I could help out :)

 

View PostDonward, on Aug 16 2016 - 16:51, said:

So now the HIstorical Armored Vehicle section of WoT NA forum has degenerated to Ratte posts.

What a coup. Isn't this place so much better now that the regular posters have been chased off?

 

How do I make this clear enough for the trolls... I don't care to research five years of forums posts to see if the topic has ever been discussed before. I can sit in the basement of my mother's house and look for a forum post to troll or I can be at work and see a banner ad for military history or something similar. I clicked on it and it was an article on the Ratte. I thought it was interesting and decided to share it with maybe one other person who, like me, hasn't read every single forum post over the last five years. . Without wasting more time at work researching previous forum post I decided to throw it up on the forum. If you don't like the post, move on to the next. if you are bored with yet another Ratte post, move on. Six years in the Marine Corps and 20 years as a cop has made me pretty thick skinned to meatheads with some sort of superiority complex who think they can sit on top of their throne and reign down insults to the unwashed masses.   

vonkevin #12 Posted Aug 18 2016 - 04:25

    Captain

  • Players
  • 30650 battles
  • 1,067
  • Member since:
    08-08-2011

Ratte - fires its primary weapon at Himmelsdorf on the NA server - kills every tank at Redshire on the EU server.  ;)

 



_Freddy_ #13 Posted Aug 19 2016 - 12:22

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 412 battles
  • 827
  • Member since:
    12-12-2011

View Postiguana832, on Aug 17 2016 - 22:04, said:

 

 

How do I make this clear enough for the trolls... I don't care to research five years of forums posts to see if the topic has ever been discussed before. I can sit in the basement of my mother's house and look for a forum post to troll or I can be at work and see a banner ad for military history or something similar. I clicked on it and it was an article on the Ratte. I thought it was interesting and decided to share it with maybe one other person who, like me, hasn't read every single forum post over the last five years. . Without wasting more time at work researching previous forum post I decided to throw it up on the forum. If you don't like the post, move on to the next. if you are bored with yet another Ratte post, move on. Six years in the Marine Corps and 20 years as a cop has made me pretty thick skinned to meatheads with some sort of superiority complex who think they can sit on top of their throne and reign down insults to the unwashed masses.   

 

Aww well an attempt to be funny - but if you spent 20 years as a cop and this is the standard of your investigation and checking something you just happened to come across - oh dear :)

Anlushac11 #14 Posted Oct 02 2016 - 03:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 32936 battles
  • 2,092
  • Member since:
    05-25-2013
No, no no...The Ratte IS THE GARAGE. Ample parking space for several mediums under there.

Nuclearbacon #15 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 05:39

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19007 battles
  • 30
  • Member since:
    10-27-2013

What if they put it in as an april fool's joke?

 



FrozenKemp #16 Posted Jan 04 2017 - 18:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 42170 battles
  • 4,306
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

Behold!  They did put it in (a video) for April Fool's a few years ago.  (I don't know why this is labelled 9.17...)

 

 

 


Edited by FrozenKemp, Jan 04 2017 - 18:29.


Jarms48 #17 Posted Jan 07 2017 - 00:50

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 117 battles
  • 1,257
  • Member since:
    06-21-2015

There's simply no way it could work in regular gameplay. The only way I could see WG using it is in some kind of fun gamemode, with a map specifically made for it.  My first idea would be something akin to the old monster movies, where the monster walks through the city creating mayhem. Instead you could have two teams of 7 Ratte's, battling in amongst the streets of 1940's Berlin, with all terrain being destructible.

 

That's the only way I could see it ever being "in" WoT's, it would have to be outside regular gameplay.



Edselman #18 Posted May 09 2017 - 02:29

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10788 battles
  • 153
  • [H_PL] H_PL
  • Member since:
    07-24-2013
The P.1000 Ratte or Papernator 5000 will never be introduced in the game. Use common sense, if they did they would also have to rework every single map in the game because the thing's too wide for most corridors.

maxman1 #19 Posted May 09 2017 - 03:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 4178 battles
  • 2,193
  • [THIRD] THIRD
  • Member since:
    11-10-2011

No. Just no.

 

Is the search function broken?



Necrophore #20 Posted May 09 2017 - 03:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 28864 battles
  • 3,767
  • [LONER] LONER
  • Member since:
    02-19-2012

View PostEdselman, on May 08 2017 - 17:29, said:

The P.1000 Ratte or Papernator 5000 will never be introduced in the game. Use common sense, if they did they would also have to rework every single map in the game because the thing's too wide for most corridors.

 

It makes its own corridor. Terrain will be rated by "Ratte resistance", not elevation.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users