Wargaming Game Center Important Information

92 replies to this topic

Bazinga_X #61 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 17:25

Private

• Players
  • 19082 battles

I was out of town and just got this, is the link no longer working as I am getting a 404 error when I select the link to download.

GhostPrime #62 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 18:49

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View Postdiditforthelolz, on Jan 19 2017 - 19:02, said:

I got the email and tried to download the launcher. I'm getting a 404 error. Any suggestions?

I have updated the OP in this thread with a link to download the launcher. I apologize for the inconvenience, and you can download the Launcher HERE as well. 

Fishrokk #63 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 18:49

Major

• Players
  • 17135 battles
  • [K-S-W] K-S-W

^^^^  What he said.

This would be really cool, I play both WoT and WoWs.

Edit:

Well, if that isn't the best way to be ninja'd, I don't know what is.

Thanks, Ghost!

Edited by Fishrokk, Jan 20 2017 - 18:50.

xtcmax #64 Posted Jan 20 2017 - 19:53

Captain

• Players
  • 37490 battles
  • [RUSS] RUSS

Dear Sea Star,

I will gladly download and install the launcher for 1.5k gold.

LeaveIT2Beaver #65 Posted Jan 21 2017 - 23:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 27579 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG
Just got it up and running. This looks really nice!

OldHolmes #66 Posted Jan 24 2017 - 00:47

Private

• -Players-
  • 27220 battles
  • [ETCPL] ETCPL
First thoughts.
Easily imported and updated WoT and WoWS.
Able to get into both games easily and without any issues.
Links working as intended.
I will conitnue to use this and further investigate.

Bismarck_368 #67 Posted Jan 26 2017 - 02:01

Private

• -Players-
  • 6070 battles
  • [NAISU] NAISU
I thought I had left this game, it was gone in the wind I thought. I though perhaps maybe I could go on without another artillery shell into the side for full damage. And then Wargaming gave me the opportunity to beta test. So tonight I wish my family goodbye, as I set out to see what I can do to assist in the development of this program.

t42592 #68 Posted Jan 29 2017 - 23:39

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19623 battles

View PostSea_Star, on Sep 01 2016 - 15:04, said:

What is the Wargaming Game Center (WGC)?

Welcome! WGC is a new, unified launcher for World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes. This means you can install one launcher and access any of these games from it. Right now, WGC is in beta, so we need your help to test it, find bugs, and provide feedback.

• General Discussion: If you just want to discuss WGC with other users, participate in the WGC General Discussion subforum.
  • Bugs and Feedback: If you find a bug or have a specific piece of feedback, leave a comment on the relevant thread in the WGC Bugs & Feedback subforum. Be sure to read the Bugs & Feedback thread on what type of information you need to include! In order to organize this feedback, you will not be able to create new threads in this section.

How do I download it?

Please click THIS LINK to begin downloading the Wargaming Game Center launcher.

How is it better than the current launcher?

WGC allows you to read news, browse the latest bundles, watch videos, and read through guides without leaving the launcher. And if you play more than one game (World of Tanks, World of Warships, or World of Warplanes), you can launch any of them from one place.

What should I do if I find a bug?

If you find a bug or have some feedback, please leave a comment on the relevant thread in the WGC Bugs & Feedback subforum. Be sure to read the Reporting Bugs and Providing Feedback thread on what type of information you need to include!

How long will it be in beta? What's going to change?

WGC will be in beta as long as we're still finding bugs and issues that we need to fix. We don't have an exact time table for this yet, but every time there's a major update, we'll let you know in the WGC Bugs & Feedback subforum, so that you can give us your feedback.

The only issue I foresee is how the launcher will not only add value, but take away from the player experience.  

For example, when I downloaded and installed the League of Legends Beta launcher, I lost the kitting function which was a huge investment in my time.  Aside from the game play, my kits were champion specific and a very key method in leveling during a match.  When I accepted the beta launcher, that all disappeared.

Of course, kitting in League of Legends is nothing like kitting in World of Tanks.  My point is anything new added to the game at this point either adds to, or takes away from the player experience, and I am not willing to give anything up in World of Tanks if this initiative is headed in that direction.

skidoo670ssx #69 Posted Jan 30 2017 - 01:10

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 28887 battles
  • [NRFD] NRFD

View Postt42592, on Jan 29 2017 - 16:39, said:

The only issue I foresee is how the launcher will not only add value, but take away from the player experience.

For example, when I downloaded and installed the League of Legends Beta launcher, I lost the kitting function which was a huge investment in my time.  Aside from the game play, my kits were champion specific and a very key method in leveling during a match.  When I accepted the beta launcher, that all disappeared.

Of course, kitting in League of Legends is nothing like kitting in World of Tanks.  My point is anything new added to the game at this point either adds to, or takes away from the player experience, and I am not willing to give anything up in World of Tanks if this initiative is headed in that direction.

as I also have been here a long time I see no problems with this,have been going from to tanks to ships with out any problems,

Schlinx #70 Posted Mar 01 2017 - 06:41

Private

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

having issues with the download, keeps saying that i can't install and tells me to check permissions and disk space, i have plenty of disk space and the permissions are good so idk why i cant install the launcher, any help would be appreciated

Tourock #71 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 02:41

Private

• -Players-
  • 6 battles

After download i try run the install file but i get two error.

Runtime error 217 at 05BA3259

Runtime Error (at 744:66):

Could not call proc.

https://postimg.org/image/kghuredmh/

The_Raging_Tanker #72 Posted Mar 25 2017 - 08:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 31246 battles
  • [FP-US] FP-US
Will this work with both my NA account and EU account? I'm having issue installing my EU account on my new PC with Windows 10. I tried to install  in to a different  folder like I did with Windows 7 but for some reason part of once install will overwrite the other.

GhostPrime #73 Posted Mar 27 2017 - 19:04

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostThe_Raging_Tanker, on Mar 25 2017 - 00:00, said:

Will this work with both my NA account and EU account? I'm having issue installing my EU account on my new PC with Windows 10. I tried to install  in to a different  folder like I did with Windows 7 but for some reason part of once install will overwrite the other.

EU is separate, but the WGC should still add it to the list of installed game. You must install different versions of the game (Such as EU) into a different location on the computer. WGC should ask you when you install a game. 

LeaveIT2Beaver #74 Posted Mar 27 2017 - 20:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 27579 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

View PostGhostPrime, on Mar 27 2017 - 13:04, said:

EU is separate, but the WGC should still add it to the list of installed game. You must install different versions of the game (Such as EU) into a different location on the computer. WGC should ask you when you install a game. 

Hey Ghost!  This WGC is a great tool! :great:

skidoo670ssx #75 Posted Mar 28 2017 - 00:58

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 28887 battles
  • [NRFD] NRFD

Now I'm having lots of isues on a update weather tanks or ships,,old way is fine but with the new one it frezzes me out and have to reload games,,tried playin with some of the settings but nothing helps

Heavybarrel120mm #76 Posted Mar 28 2017 - 02:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34377 battles
Been using the WGC for a while now and love it, but was wondering if there is any timeframe on when it will go live? 

StallingForTime #77 Posted Apr 15 2017 - 01:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 25697 battles

WGC allows you to read news, browse the latest bundles, watch videos, and read through guides without leaving the launcher. And if you play more than one game (World of Tanks, World of Warships, or World of Warplanes), you can launch any of them from one place.

I already do launch them all from one place... MY DESKTOP!!! I'm not impressed with the performance so far...It interferred with the WGCheck Tool by deleting the .cfg files from each game directory... So since only thing was different from my previous running of the tool, I uninstalled the WGC via Windows standard uninstall procedures and the icon remained on my desktop, so I deleted it... Then could not launch any games via the icons the WGC left on my desktop because they would not launch without the WGC... then could not perform a clean install of the games immediately because I could not uninstall them via standard Windows uninstall procedures because Window stated Cannot complete the requested action.This program uninstalls  with the Wargaming Game center.   I could not find a stand alone download of the Gaming Center to undo the mess ; so I deleted my C:/Games  directory and installed all three World Of Clients again - and as stated, I am not impressed -  and will not be installing this crap until all issues with it are resolved. And all future updates of the clients better permit us to launch the games without the  "Oh so great" and blunderful gaming center.

StallingForTime #78 Posted Apr 15 2017 - 02:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 25697 battles

The Gaming Center.way... Double click the desktop  WGC icon... click the game specific news tabs and close window when done to return to launch screen... Single click the game specific tab to launch the  desired game... 

The old way...  Double click the game specific desktop icon... click the game specific news tabs and close window when done to return to launch screen.... Single click PLAY to launch the game

Same number of clicks... same ability to access game related news

Same number of clicks required to launch any game title...

I'M NOT IMPRESSED!!!!

JimD_1 #79 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 14:06

Private

• Players
  • 23153 battles

Cannot go full screen after download now I can't uninstall.

Garchy #80 Posted Jun 01 2017 - 19:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 8466 battles
The center has no good reason to be there. And we shouldn't have to have it or need it. And the game crashes after 4 games anyway so the whole systems [edited].

Reply to this topic

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users