Jump to content


Wargaming Game Center Important Information


27 replies to this topic

Sea_Star #1 Posted Sep 02 2016 - 00:06

    Publication Project Manager

  • -Players-
  • 655 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014

What is the Wargaming Game Center (WGC)?

Welcome! WGC is a new, unified launcher for World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes. This means you can install one launcher and access any of these games from it. Right now, WGC is in beta, so we need your help to test it, find bugs, and provide feedback.

  • General Discussion: If you just want to discuss WGC with other users, participate in the WGC General Discussion subforum.
  • Bugs and Feedback: If you find a bug or have a specific piece of feedback, leave a comment on the relevant thread in the WGC Bugs & Feedback subforum. Be sure to read the Bugs & Feedback thread on what type of information you need to include! In order to organize this feedback, you will not be able to create new threads in this section.

 

How do I download it?

WGC can be installed from the attached file (remember to unzip it).

 

How is it better than the current launcher?

WGC allows you to read news, browse the latest bundles, watch videos, and read through guides without leaving the launcher. And if you play more than one game (World of Tanks, World of Warships, or World of Warplanes), you can launch any of them from one place.

 

What should I do if I find a bug?

If you find a bug or have some feedback, please leave a comment on the relevant thread in the WGC Bugs & Feedback subforum. Be sure to read the Bugs & Feedback thread on what type of information you need to include!

 

How long will it be in beta? What's going to change?

WGC will be in beta as long as we're still finding bugs and issues that we need to fix. We don't have an exact time table for this yet, but every time there's a major update, we'll let you know in the WGC Bugs & Feedback subforum, so that you can give us your feedback.

Attached Files



Romero99AR #2 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 09:40

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 6509 battles
  • 8
  • [TLK] TLK
  • Member since:
    05-23-2015

do u have the most current fully updated and downloaded game for the Mac

 



deadeye19k #3 Posted Mar 07 2017 - 21:12

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 18156 battles
  • 4
  • [E-S-S] E-S-S
  • Member since:
    12-06-2014
I downloaded the program and now my WOWP is very glitchy.  I uninstalled and now it says I cant open ANY of the 3 games without this program.  total BS!  Now I have to uninstall all 3 games, reinstall and HOPE that I can open them without this piece of junk game center.

GhostPrime #4 Posted Mar 10 2017 - 01:45

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • 1,530
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View Postdeadeye19k, on Mar 07 2017 - 13:12, said:

I downloaded the program and now my WOWP is very glitchy.  I uninstalled and now it says I cant open ANY of the 3 games without this program.  total BS!  Now I have to uninstall all 3 games, reinstall and HOPE that I can open them without this piece of junk game center.

 

Th launcher should not affect the performance of the game. Please submit a ticket to support. they should be able to help.

rich73 #5 Posted Mar 10 2017 - 06:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 42986 battles
  • 5,052
  • Member since:
    10-17-2011

View Postdeadeye19k, on Mar 07 2017 - 12:12, said:

I downloaded the program and now my WOWP is very glitchy.  I uninstalled and now it says I cant open ANY of the 3 games without this program.  total BS!  Now I have to uninstall all 3 games, reinstall and HOPE that I can open them without this piece of junk game center.

 

At 17k battles ,you would think you would know better to wait till the bugs are ironed out,tho that may be being optimistic.

aethervox #6 Posted Mar 10 2017 - 19:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 25007 battles
  • 2,845
  • [PFLL] PFLL
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

How about WG actually fix their log in routine so one doesn't have to continually log in everytime one switches from game to forum to customer support (or however ones wants to switch from one to another).

Now that is the improvement that is needed not some stupid way to switch from WoT & WoWS  (WoWP? ROFL - who but Screaming Eagles aka Seal Clubbers plays that?)

A Beta test version? ROFL. Time for WG to hire new programmers who actually know what they are doing.


Edited by aethervox, Mar 10 2017 - 19:20.


SparkyGT #7 Posted Mar 10 2017 - 21:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 40337 battles
  • 3,863
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
  • Member since:
    02-05-2012
sounds interesting, would this launcher work if you have the 3 games in different locations?  i have tanks on ssd  drive C and the other two on D: drive 2 TB.

GhostPrime #8 Posted Mar 13 2017 - 17:34

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • 1,530
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View PostSparkyGT, on Mar 10 2017 - 13:08, said:

sounds interesting, would this launcher work if you have the 3 games in different locations?  i have tanks on ssd  drive C and the other two on D: drive 2 TB.

 

Yes! You will have to direct it to the game folder when adding the game(s) from the different locations. 

soslo #9 Posted Mar 13 2017 - 22:50

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 35611 battles
  • 763
  • [1CAN] 1CAN
  • Member since:
    04-23-2012

Dance, Ghost/Sea_Star

 

The only thing I would liked changed is the ability to choose which games get updated and at what speeds. I dont let the auto updates happen to tanks because I save each version on a HDD if it breaks replays. But I dont care about WoWS or WoWP but would just rather throttle the dl speed of those updates if Im playing something else so it doesnt adversely affect others in my household. Can we pass to the devs the ability to choose update dl speeds and auto updates on a per game basis? Also, I cannot see the test server or sandbox in my version of the launcher. I even tried to point the launcher to the install folders and it said no game existed. If there is another forum I should put this on let me know.

 

Thanks!

 

EDIT: I just NOW noticed that Dance is nowhere to be seen on this thread... yes, I am an idiot...

 


Edited by soslo, Mar 14 2017 - 17:30.


Garfong_001 #10 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 01:14

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 24624 battles
  • 62
  • [_F_] _F_
  • Member since:
    06-10-2014
I currently use the client, and I have Tanks on SSD, arena and planes on HDD. Works perfect.

jdee1975 #11 Posted Mar 25 2017 - 04:23

    Private

  • Players
  • 19935 battles
  • 7
  • [MUG-D] MUG-D
  • Member since:
    03-24-2012
So no real option but to completely uninstall the games and reinstall them when you get rid of the gaming center.  if I could just download to get the original launcher back i would not be having the issue.  Damn beta screwed up all 3 of my games.  thanks

xxWINDxx #12 Posted Apr 30 2017 - 01:03

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 0 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    08-09-2013
I installed the launcher but it cannot import the installed games....sigh

Start2 #13 Posted May 01 2017 - 14:45

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 59317 battles
  • 271
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    02-06-2011
 

 

So...as for my feedback on this "feature"...........

I don't like it and it needs to be OPTIONAL. Leave for me the options to update without this program.  I am not happy with the "Wargaming Game Center"


Edited by Start2, May 01 2017 - 19:33.


chasf #14 Posted Aug 05 2017 - 13:00

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 61253 battles
  • 16
  • [5IB] 5IB
  • Member since:
    06-19-2011

I was updating my World of War ships and the WCG downloaded and installed on my machine. After  that none of my browers could connect to the internet. It said I was connected but the browser all said they were performing a TLS Handshake! I uninstalled the WGC and everything started working again. I won't be installing it again.  Now I am having to re-down load the entire wot game and the old launcher to start my game. You need to trash that WGC center. I won't be re downloading World of War Ships or planes again. Will just quit playing them.

 


Edited by chasf, Aug 05 2017 - 13:08.


CabbageMechanic #15 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 21:51

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 7069 battles
  • 99
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    09-19-2010
Hey chasf,

We'd be happy to assist you with this issue through a support ticket here.  We haven't seen that issue before but we'd be happy to help you get it figured out and submit a bug report to our development team if necessary.

Edited by CabbageMechanic, Aug 10 2017 - 21:56.


moon111 #16 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 22:38

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27145 battles
  • 1,828
  • Member since:
    06-29-2013
Been running okay, but don't like having apps left going in the background when I'm not using them.

fastermirage #17 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 03:09

    Private

  • Players
  • 37976 battles
  • 7
  • [ORYX] ORYX
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012
My shortcut icon dont work so i put it on the taskbar it work now.

turboo #18 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 04:40

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 16964 battles
  • 74
  • [-GNZ-] -GNZ-
  • Member since:
    07-04-2011
It looks ok. I would like to see direct links to my clans page and personal notifications.

CrazySOB187 #19 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 21:55

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17912 battles
  • 148
  • Member since:
    01-16-2014

View PostSea_Star, on Sep 01 2016 - 16:06, said:

What is the Wargaming Game Center (WGC)?

Welcome! WGC is a new, unified launcher for World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes. This means you can install one launcher and access any of these games from it. Right now, WGC is in beta, so we need your help to test it, find bugs, and provide feedback.

  • General Discussion: If you just want to discuss WGC with other users, participate in the WGC General Discussion subforum.
  • Bugs and Feedback: If you find a bug or have a specific piece of feedback, leave a comment on the relevant thread in the WGC Bugs & Feedback subforum. Be sure to read the Bugs & Feedback thread on what type of information you need to include! In order to organize this feedback, you will not be able to create new threads in this section.

 

How do I download it?

WGC can be installed from the attached file (remember to unzip it).

 

How is it better than the current launcher?

WGC allows you to read news, browse the latest bundles, watch videos, and read through guides without leaving the launcher. And if you play more than one game (World of Tanks, World of Warships, or World of Warplanes), you can launch any of them from one place.

 

What should I do if I find a bug?

If you find a bug or have some feedback, please leave a comment on the relevant thread in the WGC Bugs & Feedback subforum. Be sure to read the Bugs & Feedback thread on what type of information you need to include!

 

How long will it be in beta? What's going to change?

WGC will be in beta as long as we're still finding bugs and issues that we need to fix. We don't have an exact time table for this yet, but every time there's a major update, we'll let you know in the WGC Bugs & Feedback subforum, so that you can give us your feedback.

 

Tried its bad reminds me of the WOW has and is the reason I play that game

CrazySOB187 #20 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 21:57

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17912 battles
  • 148
  • Member since:
    01-16-2014

View PostSea_Star, on Sep 01 2016 - 16:06, said:

What is the Wargaming Game Center (WGC)?

Welcome! WGC is a new, unified launcher for World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes. This means you can install one launcher and access any of these games from it. Right now, WGC is in beta, so we need your help to test it, find bugs, and provide feedback.

  • General Discussion: If you just want to discuss WGC with other users, participate in the WGC General Discussion subforum.
  • Bugs and Feedback: If you find a bug or have a specific piece of feedback, leave a comment on the relevant thread in the WGC Bugs & Feedback subforum. Be sure to read the Bugs & Feedback thread on what type of information you need to include! In order to organize this feedback, you will not be able to create new threads in this section.

 

How do I download it?

WGC can be installed from the attached file (remember to unzip it).

 

How is it better than the current launcher?

WGC allows you to read news, browse the latest bundles, watch videos, and read through guides without leaving the launcher. And if you play more than one game (World of Tanks, World of Warships, or World of Warplanes), you can launch any of them from one place.

 

What should I do if I find a bug?

If you find a bug or have some feedback, please leave a comment on the relevant thread in the WGC Bugs & Feedback subforum. Be sure to read the Bugs & Feedback thread on what type of information you need to include!

 

How long will it be in beta? What's going to change?

WGC will be in beta as long as we're still finding bugs and issues that we need to fix. We don't have an exact time table for this yet, but every time there's a major update, we'll let you know in the WGC Bugs & Feedback subforum, so that you can give us your feedback.

 

Are we going to be forced to use it? like you did with WOW?

Edited by CrazySOB187, Aug 11 2017 - 22:00.




Reply to this topic



  


5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users