Wargaming Game Center Important Information

27 replies to this topic

wkcw1 #21 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 02:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11805 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR
Did they fix the issue with the increase frequency of lag spikes when the WGC is loaded?

misterlarry #22 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 02:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13846 battles
  • [-TAZ-] -TAZ-
How do I uninstall it?

misterlarry #23 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 02:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13846 battles
  • [-TAZ-] -TAZ-

View Postwkcw1, on Aug 11 2017 - 19:32, said:

Did they fix the issue with the increase frequency of lag spikes when the WGC is loaded?

NO they have not!!!

HottieHotPants #24 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 00:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5019 battles
been trying to work with it......nothing but headaches.  extreme resource hog.   got a ticket in with all the bugs found to date.   terrible troubles installing games with it, if you already have the games installed it has no problem importing them, just can not install games with Game Center Portal.   (logged many, many bugs......definitely not ready for prime time)

HottieHotPants #25 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 06:35

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5019 battles

View Postmisterlarry, on Aug 11 2017 - 19:49, said:

How do I uninstall it?

resistance is futile....you will now be assimilated

i found "revo-uninstaller" is required to completely eradicate WGC Launcher from your system.   WGCL has some tricky registry keys to eliminate and quit a few hidden folders that don't want to leave.   "revo-uninstaller" will find them and remove them.   after you reboot go back to make sure the files are gone, if not just do a forced uninstall with "revo-uninstaller", that will definitely remove all traces.

Striker_70 #26 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 02:08

Major

• Players
  • 18501 battles

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Aug 10 2017 - 14:51, said:

Block Quote

I was updating my World of War ships and the WCG downloaded and installed on my machine. After  that none of my browers could connect to the internet. It said I was connected but the browser all said they were performing a TLS Handshake! I uninstalled the WGC and everything started working again. I won't be installing it again.  Now I am having to re-down load the entire wot game and the old launcher to start my game. You need to trash that WGC center. I won't be re downloading World of War Ships or planes again. Will just quit playing them.

Hey chasf,

We'd be happy to assist you with this issue through a support ticket here.  We haven't seen that issue before but we'd be happy to help you get it figured out and submit a bug report to our development team if necessary.

Wow, you seriously have never even seen it before?  That's the EXACT same thing that happened to me when I tried to install Warships last month.  It killed my internet totally.  It killed my internet to the point that the game center could no longer download Warships.....  I couldn't do anything on the internet either, the game center killed my internet connection.

I sent a ticket about it too, as it infuriated me, but just got the same old copy paste nonsense that doesn't help at all.

Every time I try to update or install something it kills my internet.  I have to keep rebooting until the gamecenter suddenly decides not to kill my internet.  It's such a terrible program to be forcing on people if you want people to play WG games.

If I could get rid of the game center totally, I would, but it doesn't allow me to play any WG games without it now....  Which is yet another great way to get people to stop playing WG games, I must say.

Striker_70 #27 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 02:11

Major

• Players
  • 18501 battles

View PostCrazySOB187, on Aug 11 2017 - 14:57, said:

Are we going to be forced to use it? like you did with WOW?

Yes, it's forcing me to use it.  I can't even uninstall it and play WOT now.

ali3rd #28 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 22:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 16822 battles

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Aug 10 2017 - 14:51, said:

Hey chasf,

We'd be happy to assist you with this issue through a support ticket here.  We haven't seen that issue before but we'd be happy to help you get it figured out and submit a bug report to our development team if necessary.

Really, there are quite a few people here who will say otherwise. Just give us the option to NOT forcing us to use wgc for any of the 3 games. I won't touch wowp nor wows anymore because of wgc.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users