General Feedback

122 replies to this topic

Sea_Star #1 Posted Sep 02 2016 - 00:51

Publication Project Manager

• -Players-
  • 655 battles

Trying out WGC for the first time? Let us know what you think here - good or bad! Remember to include enough information so that we can understand what you mean. Screenshots are helpful!

Note: If you encounter a bug, please report it in the Bug Report thread.

KingCakeBaby #2 Posted Oct 06 2016 - 23:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 9544 battles
  • [GNSQD] GNSQD
When downloading a sizable update the Game Center seems to lag quite a bit. I have to click a few times on a news link to get it to pop up and page scrolling is delayed and tends to jerk. I can load up other web pages and programs fine outside of the GC while the download is going. I don't really think this is a bug but something you might want to be aware of. I run windows 8.1 with 75mb/s internet speed.

ExploratorOne #3 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 00:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13060 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1
An initial reaction is that it is good to be able to read announcements right in the launcher without it having to open a page in the browser.

CheekiBreeki_ #4 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 02:22

Major

• Players
  • 37796 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

So far everything is kind of running smoothly. I opened up Wot using WGC and it launched perfectly with no delay.

I decided to play around with the built in links and they seem to flawlessly redirect me.

I did encounter a glitch where I clicked a link to "buy" the vk and it led me into a loop of the same page. I can no longer find it though.

Will add more if I find anything

Khafni #5 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 15:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1543 battles

I like the launcher's ability to install an instance of WoWs and still allow me to play an existing instance. That should help tremendously when I want to start the install of a Public Test and still play the live client.

Khafni #6 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 15:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1543 battles

View PostExploratorOne, on Oct 06 2016 - 23:28, said:

An initial reaction is that it is good to be able to read announcements right in the launcher without it having to open a page in the browser.

+1 for this!

Fodder4U #7 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 17:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27252 battles
So far everything I have done has run smoothly and also looks good except I have had one instance separately in both WOWS and WOT when trying to close them the games became unresponsive and had to finish closing using task manager. If it happens again in either game I will post a bug report.

Khafni #8 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 17:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1543 battles

Regarding the ribbon bar on the left and the Wargaming.net Notification Center in particular

- will there be a means to remove 'already read' notifications?

- is there a time frame that the notification will disappear? (It is not obvious if there is.)

Might be a good enhancement to allow the user to remove 'already read' notifications.

edit: Even though the alert icon is for new notifications some users (me!) like to keep a cleaned-up inbox whenever possible.

edit2: It looks like the notification queue empties after a day. That'll do!

Edited by Khafni, Oct 12 2016 - 12:02.

Legendary_Typo #9 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 17:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 1010 battles
I'm liking it so far, the only small issue I've had is that installing something will make the WGC respond slower. Also, will there be a way to play the test server using the WGC?

Caecias #10 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 19:42

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Overall First Impression:  :teethhappy:

I like it...  top to bottom, its well beyond what I was experiencing with the World of Warplanes launcher.  I like the layout and accessibility to other games as well as the game-specific content for the one (WoWp) that is installed already.

It installed as expected - and quite fast at that.  Imported WoWp and updated the app as appropriate... launched it Just fine.  I will be downloading WoWs for kicks, and possibly others due to the WGC. 

Question:  How will this deal with the Steam install of Master of Orion as opposed to the stand alone MoO? I use Steam avidly... for when games are available from the service. (Which beings me to the next question:  Why hasn't WG / Persha partnered with Steam yet?  I do see that this Game center could integrate with, or stand alone from, the Steam service.)

Computer Specifications:

Win 10 Pro Anniversary

Core i7; 8 GB RAM; EVGA Mobo & EVGA nVidia GTX 660

40 Mbs ISP connection; 10/100/1000 Ethernet local

Edited by Caecias, Oct 07 2016 - 19:44.

ZuikakuKaiNi #11 Posted Oct 08 2016 - 09:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Overall it's definitely a lot more convenient to be able to have all three games in one launcher. Its also easier to restart a game after a crash since I can just leave the program open in the background and not have to dig through all of the folders on my desktop to find the World of Warships launcher. 

As for appearance, the whole launcher seems very sleek and clean. There's not too much as far as unneeded cluster on the game pages. Having not only all of the information and announcements from the game websites but also the links to the forums, reddit, and premium shop is also very useful. 

The launcher seems to be in a very stable condition as well. I haven't encountered too many issues with the program so far other than issues with importing World of Warships for the first time. 

Khafni #12 Posted Oct 08 2016 - 12:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1543 battles

I've been checking out the links under the Application Center. When I arrive on the Registration page I get this dialog.

Maybe this is a 'wrong' assumption on my part but I thought you could only have one account on any given server. At least that is the majority 'word' on the forums. I am allowed to register using a different email and username then? Could you provide an answer please so I can give correct information on the forums as needed?

If only one account is intended or desired your dialog should only give me the option to continue as Khafni at this point.

Hunter_Steel #13 Posted Oct 08 2016 - 15:50

Captain

• Players
  • 14245 battles
  • [-TPL-] -TPL-

Is it supposed to open my Browser when I click on the Premie shop? Or is the Premium ship feature not completed yet? So far to do anything with the Premium shop I keep getting redirected to my browser. 

Other than that, I pretty much have no complaints about the launcher. It's really crisp and runs smoothly.

One request I can make is that you change the game selection from tabs to something more along the lines of tiles. This way we can have the all our WG games in display, and only need to click a back button, or rather, then go over to tabs to view games.

Keep it up!

~Hunter

Legendary_Typo #14 Posted Oct 08 2016 - 22:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 1010 battles
Is there any way to launch WoT Blitz using the WGC? I installed it for the lols from the Microsoft store, but I have no idea where it's installed to which means I can't use WGC to launch it.

ZuikakuKaiNi #15 Posted Oct 08 2016 - 23:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Is it possible to pin the program to my taskbar at the bottom of the screen? Whenever I try to, I only get the option to close out of WGC. This isn't really a major issue or anything but just something for ease of access. 

Legendary_Typo #16 Posted Oct 08 2016 - 23:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 1010 battles

View PostBattleship_YamatoKai, on Oct 08 2016 - 16:34, said:

Is it possible to pin the program to my taskbar at the bottom of the screen? Whenever I try to, I only get the option to close out of WGC. This isn't really a major issue or anything but just something for ease of access. 

​I don't seem to have any issues pinning it, what OS are you using?

ZuikakuKaiNi #17 Posted Oct 08 2016 - 23:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostLegendary_Typo, on Oct 08 2016 - 14:38, said:

​I don't seem to have any issues pinning it, what OS are you using?

I'm running Windows 10 Home Edition. I think it may just be an issue with my OS or my computer specifically since I've been having weird issues with other programs lately as well. I'll try it out on my laptop and see if it works there. 

Legendary_Typo #18 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 00:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 1010 battles

View PostBattleship_YamatoKai, on Oct 08 2016 - 16:54, said:

I'm running Windows 10 Home Edition. I think it may just be an issue with my OS or my computer specifically since I've been having weird issues with other programs lately as well. I'll try it out on my laptop and see if it works there. 

I'm using Win10 as well, so I guess it's your computer?

Captain_F22ACE #19 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 00:42

Private

• Players
  • 872 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO
Haven't noticed any issues so far, but WGC is running fine. Everything linked in WGC is working fine as well.

ZuikakuKaiNi #20 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 01:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostLegendary_Typo, on Oct 08 2016 - 15:00, said:

I'm using Win10 as well, so I guess it's your computer?

Yep, it seems this was the case. 

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users