General Feedback

122 replies to this topic

Khafni #21 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 01:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1525 battles
I noticed that when the WGC installs or imports a game it adds a shortcut to that game on the desktop. It would be nice to have that as an option instead of a default action.

24cups #22 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 02:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20423 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

No problem moving my WoT game to the new launcher. Launches game fine. I like the layout and the access to links.

It wouldn't let me update WoWS, although it may have been the BETA version as I have not played it in a loooong time. Had to delete the game and am redownloading from the launcher link now.

Will probably download WoWP another time as I would like to use some of my Saturday night actually playing.

Zakuul #23 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 02:56

Private

• -Players-
  • 2 battles
  • [-FOG-] -FOG-

I would also like the ability to have the PT server as a download/play option with the launcher.

How about: Import Official Wargaming Games

Opens explorer window to select the install location.

Alternatively, include a .exe in the game install directory.. call it import_to_WGC.exe

Starts the process that way and starts WGC up if it's closed.

It would also be nice to rename the tabs as they can get quite cluttered if I have every game Wargaming offers installed.. and we may have different versions.

E.g. WoWP, WoT, WoWs and WoWs PT.

Hmm, speaking of tabs and the PTs. How about taking a symbol (use the WoWs for sake of example) and put a small - but visible PT in the bottom right corner.

Thoughts?

ZuikakuKaiNi #24 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 02:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostDarthDoge, on Oct 08 2016 - 17:56, said:

I would also like the ability to have the PT server as a download/play option with the launcher.

Alternatively, include a .exe in the game install directory.. call it import_to_WGC.exe

It would also be nice to rename the tabs as they can get quite cluttered if I have every game Wargaming offers installed.. and we may have different versions.

Hmm, speaking of tabs and the PTs. How about taking a symbol (use the WoWs for sake of example) and put a small - but visible PT in the bottom right corner.

Thoughts?

Agree completely with this. It would be nice to have not just the normal clients of the games available but every client all in one place.

Khafni #25 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 12:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1525 battles

View PostDarthDoge, on Oct 08 2016 - 20:56, said:

Thoughts?

Agree completely. I was assuming the PT would also be installed via WGC. Thanks for stating that.

Edited by Khafni, Oct 09 2016 - 13:11.

Legendary_Typo #26 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 17:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 1010 battles

View PostDarthDoge, on Oct 08 2016 - 19:56, said:

Thoughts?

It would also be nice to just have the tabs for the three games, and clicking on the tab would give you the option to play either the PT client or the regular client.

CheekiBreeki_ #27 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 19:08

Major

• Players
  • 37525 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
Whenever I shutdown the launcher by clicking x or right clicking close window, it continues to work in the background. Will this be a permanent feature?

Macabe #28 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 20:38

Major

• Players
  • 9315 battles
Seems to work perfectly fine. I can't find anything specifically negative about it. I would like an option to disable it running in the background though.

Zakuul #29 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 21:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 2 battles
  • [-FOG-] -FOG-

View PostLegendary_Typo, on Oct 09 2016 - 16:05, said:

It would also be nice to just have the tabs for the three games, and clicking on the tab would give you the option to play either the PT client or the regular client.

Yeah, like click WoWs and it lists the available versions.

WoWs tab

Versions

WoWs (main)

WoWs PT etc..

I would also like it if the region changer can be included officially since I know some people that downloaded and installed client from the other sites.

Just make it more unified.

Zakuul #30 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 21:44

Private

• -Players-
  • 2 battles
  • [-FOG-] -FOG-

View PostCheekiBreeki_, on Oct 09 2016 - 18:08, said:

Whenever I shutdown the launcher by clicking x or right clicking close window, it continues to work in the background. Will this be a permanent feature?

Spoiler

You can right click Show hidden Icons, and further right click on the WGC logo and click exit.

You can do that or alternatively kill the process (Wargaming.net Game Center) via Taskmanager.

Edited by DarthDoge, Oct 09 2016 - 21:44.

CheekiBreeki_ #31 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 22:14

Major

• Players
  • 37525 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostDarthDoge, on Oct 09 2016 - 14:44, said:

Spoiler

You can right click Show hidden Icons, and further right click on the WGC logo and click exit.

You can do that or alternatively kill the process (Wargaming.net Game Center) via Taskmanager.

I usually shut it down with taskmngr but it's something that I shouldnt  have to do 

_Stinky_Pinky_ #32 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 22:57

First lieutenant

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 18166 battles
  • [EMIYA] EMIYA
Runs smoothly, imported my games rather easy. Altho i would like to see the prices of the gift shop stuff on the scrolling images that would help people know how much a tank is etc.... other than that its nice ill be messing around with it so more and ill give y'all more feedback :) 

Legendary_Typo #33 Posted Oct 10 2016 - 01:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 1010 battles

View PostCheekiBreeki_, on Oct 09 2016 - 15:14, said:

I usually shut it down with taskmngr but it's something that I shouldnt  have to do 

I guess it's running in the background to detect if there's a new patch for a game or something? It would be nice to have an option to have fully close by itself though.

Khafni #34 Posted Oct 10 2016 - 11:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1525 battles

View PostCheekiBreeki_, on Oct 09 2016 - 16:14, said:

I agree as well.

In the settings menu (left-side navigation bar) there is the option to 'Launch Gamecenter when you start your computer'. By default it is checked. You can uncheck it, restart the PC, and it won't start the process in the background. But when you do open it the process is initiated and will not close when you then close WGC. I think the purpose of the process is to 'watch' for updates and install them behind the scenes so having it off is counter-productive to the purpose. But still there are those who prefer to do manual updates.

Having an option to turn on or off automatic updates would be nice. When turned off the process does not run after application close.

Khafni #35 Posted Oct 10 2016 - 11:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1525 battles

It is 6:17 ET right now. The server booted me from the game for the scheduled update about 10 minutes ago. WGC does not display the server status or any indication that there is an update underway. I am 'told' that I am running the current version and 'Play' is enabled.

Are there any plans to sync server availability with the WGC? It would be beneficial to open WGC and see the 'Play' button disabled with a notification on the screen that the 'server is temporarily unavailable'. Maybe we'd get less forum posts asking why the server is down.

Yes the WoWs webpage displays server status but it seems quite a few captains don't think to look there before launching the game.

Khafni #36 Posted Oct 10 2016 - 11:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1525 battles

Nice touch WG throwing notification dialogs up in the Windows notification area! I just received two notifications. The first said that an update to <game version> was found and WGC initiated the update process. Several minutes later another that said the update was complete.

But there is still no indication that the server is available after the client was updated.

Legendary_Typo #37 Posted Oct 10 2016 - 16:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 1010 battles

View PostKhafni, on Oct 10 2016 - 04:29, said:

Nice touch WG throwing notification dialogs up in the Windows notification area! I just received two notifications. The first said that an update to <game version> was found and WGC initiated the update process. Several minutes later another that said the update was complete.

But there is still no indication that the server is available after the client was updated.

I guess this confirms that it's running in the background to find updates, it happened to me while WGC was running, but not actually open.

Khafni #38 Posted Oct 10 2016 - 19:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1525 battles

View PostLegendary_Typo, on Oct 10 2016 - 10:16, said:

I guess this confirms that it's running in the background to find updates, it happened to me while WGC was running, but not actually open.

I'm thinking that before the next update I am going to kill the 'watchdog' process and leave the WGC main process alone. Just to see which one provides the notification alerts and/or trips the update process. 'Watchdog' could be the update watcher/receiver. Call it idle curiosity...

edit: Unless devs want to provide an idication as to which process performs what task...:great:

edit2: Never mind. WGC turns the watchdog back on. It's like one of those candles that you can blow out and they light back up on their own...

Edited by Khafni, Oct 10 2016 - 19:48.

Zakuul #39 Posted Oct 11 2016 - 20:50

Private

• -Players-
  • 2 battles
  • [-FOG-] -FOG-

WGC detects other client launchers (WoWs PT) as if the game is already running.

Spoiler

Of course, I am 95% sure this is to stop more than one WoWs instance from running (multi log).

But I would like for the PT to become integrated with WGC so I can play the main game and update the PT at the same time.

Khafni #40 Posted Oct 11 2016 - 21:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1525 battles

View PostDarthDoge, on Oct 11 2016 - 14:50, said:

WGC detects other client launchers (WoWs PT) as if the game is already running.

Spoiler

Of course, I am 95% sure this is to stop more than one WoWs instance from running (multi log).

But I would like for the PT to become integrated with WGC so I can play the main game and update the PT at the same time.

This! With another screenshot. Now I can't play my WoWs until PT installs.

Ya beat me to it DarthDoge!

Spoiler

Reply to this topic

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users