General Feedback

122 replies to this topic

Khafni #41 Posted Oct 11 2016 - 23:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1543 battles

WoWs PT installed (without being able to do so in WGC). I attempted to import PT but WGC displayed this dialog.

Spoiler

The ability to install PT via WGC will be a feature, we hope.

Son_of_Series #42 Posted Oct 13 2016 - 13:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 7972 battles
  • [_TPR_] _TPR_

So far, 7 days and no issues...I do like the convenience of having one launcher. Very clean. I know this isn't much feedback, but everything has been working seamlessly...

Series

Zakuul #43 Posted Oct 15 2016 - 20:07

Private

• -Players-
  • 2 battles
  • [-FOG-] -FOG-

Hmm, how about an integrated premium shop?

That'd be cool.

Potemkyn #44 Posted Oct 17 2016 - 01:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10186 battles

Greetings.

First impression.  I like it. Summarizes news, sales, and other important information.  Allows updating while providing this information.

I have not seen any bugs as of yet.  I was able to play WoT while it was updating (after it reached a certain point) as did the previous launcher. 

The feature allowing users to switch b/t tabs is welcomed!

Smooth sailing so far, keep it up!  Been using this for over a week without issue!

Will this include Public Test or other authorized versions?

Poe

Caecias #45 Posted Oct 18 2016 - 00:22

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Suggestion:

I'd like to see information in WGC about my planes, tanks, and ships, such as:

• the anniversary missions for my planes in WoWp, and the expected rewards for completing the missions....
  • general events and missions applicable to my tiers / equipment / account

Its a really great tool! I like it.  Very well written imho.  I have had no major problems with WGC and it does not feel like beta software for the most part.

Computer Specifications:

Win 10 Pro Anniversary

Core i7; 8 GB RAM; EVGA Mobo & EVGA nVidia GTX 660

40 Mbs ISP connection; 10/100/1000 Ethernet local

Edited by Caecias, Oct 19 2016 - 00:51.

Fodder4U #46 Posted Oct 18 2016 - 01:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27252 battles
Well after using it for awhile I am liking it and have had no issues since the first day. I think it is ready for production.

GhostPrime #47 Posted Oct 18 2016 - 17:53

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Hello everyone! 

Thank you all for your suggestions and feedback thus far! We want the new launcher to be a really awesome, and useful tool, and we appreciate your help and feedback along the way. 

I will be here to answer questions and post upcoming information for you all. 

Caecias #48 Posted Oct 19 2016 - 00:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on Oct 18 2016 - 16:53, said:

Hello everyone! 

Thank you all for your suggestions and feedback thus far! We want the new launcher to be a really awesome, and useful tool, and we appreciate your help and feedback along the way. 

I will be here to answer questions and post upcoming information for you all. 

It's a great piece of software for beta...  I can't find any bugs! 

And I like the layout as a Game Center.  Two Thumbs up. :medal:

GhostPrime #49 Posted Oct 19 2016 - 21:51

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Hello all!

I know you have had some questions, and the WGC Devs have answered them.

1 -- Will we have Master of Orion inside WGC? The same about WoT Blitz and, Hybrid Wars?

• A:  It's definitely part of our plan for mid-term.  We're not ready to tell more right now, so if you wanted to buy MoO, just do it ;)

2 -- Are there plans for Common Test, Public Test, Super Test builds of WoT, WoWp and WoWs inside WGC?

• A:  We definitely plan to do it as soon as possible. We consider it as one of WGC's advantages for our players.

3 -- Will there be an integration of The Premium Shop inside WGC? Why do Premium Shop links open web browser currently?.

• A:  We plan to let players browse items inside WGC, so they can choose and buy a new tank, plane or ship right before a battle session.  No dates yet.

4 -- Questions about Close (x) button -- Are we going to change its behavior or let the player choose whether it closes or minimizes WGC window to the system tray?

• A:  We're going to review it based on players' feedback.  If feedback shows problem there, we will definitely fix it.

If anyone has and further suggestions, or questions, please ask! I will continue to give you the responses from the Devs! 

Khafni #50 Posted Oct 19 2016 - 23:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1543 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on Oct 19 2016 - 15:51, said:

Hello all!

1 -- Will we have Master of Orion inside WGC? The same about WoT Blitz and, Hybrid Wars?

• A:  It's definitely part of our plan for mid-term.  We're not ready to tell more right now, so if you wanted to buy MoO, just do it ;)

2 -- Are there plans for Common Test, Public Test, Super Test builds of WoT, WoWp and WoWs inside WGC?

• A:  We definitely plan to do it as soon as possible. We consider it as one of WGC's advantages for our players.

3 -- Will there be an integration of The Premium Shop inside WGC? Why do Premium Shop links open web browser currently?.

• A:  We plan to let players browse items inside WGC, so they can choose and buy a new tank, plane or ship right before a battle session.  No dates yet.

4 -- Questions about Close (x) button -- Are we going to change its behavior or let the player choose whether it closes or minimizes WGC window to the system tray?

• A:  We're going to review it based on players' feedback.  If feedback shows problem there, we will definitely fix it.

If anyone has and further suggestions, or questions, please ask! I will continue to give you the responses from the Devs! 

Thanks for the great answers GhostPrime!

Close button - IF user clicks the 'X' in the upper right corner it should close to system tray. But user should have an option to 'Exit' GameCenter which should close the background process as well. My 2 cents.

Great job WG!

Legendary_Typo #51 Posted Oct 19 2016 - 23:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 1010 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on Oct 19 2016 - 14:51, said:

Hello all!

Thanks for the answers! Looking forward to even more improvements.

Lancer240 #52 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 01:17

Private

• -Players-
  • 33 battles

To date i can find no flaw in the performance of WGC.   I expected to come home tonight and sit around waiting on the 5.13 update to download and install. How surprised I was to launch WGC, discover the update was already installed - game on.  Must be that WGC runs in the background - even if the user has seemingly closed out of the game? 

In real life i do test "stuff". We live on a motto of "if you're not finding bugs you didn't test it good enough".  So well done that this has gone smoothly so far.

ZuikakuKaiNi #53 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 04:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

In addition to being able to browse the premium shop from within the launcher, I think being able to view the Wiki and possibly the forums would be a nice touch. As I've said before though, the links to these pages being already in the launcher was pretty useful but being able to view the pages in the launcher just for the sake of having everything in one place would also be a bit easier.

Performance wise, the program still feels very smooth after the update. I haven't encountered any issues so far. 

t8z5h3 #54 Posted Oct 21 2016 - 01:42

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 33629 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

The Game Center install does not let you move the install directory and also the text about importing the  game does not talk about if the game files get moved or not. 

What about if we have auto update already enabled will that setting fight with Game Center?

Khafni #55 Posted Oct 21 2016 - 03:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1543 battles
It would be a good enhancement to provide links to the training videos for each game on the WGC. A good location would be under 'Useful links'. Even better would be to have the videos accessible under a 'live tile' on the launcher (as is done with the premium shop specials). As the game is loading a captain could take some time to view one of those videos.

Wa11etWarrior #56 Posted Oct 21 2016 - 09:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6039 battles
  • [KMS] KMS
Thank you for the invite.  Took a bit of research to figure out how to make the download work but as others have mentioned, once I downloaded RAR it went well.  Really like the all in one concept, makes things a lot easier.  Question on the RAR; are we going to need to purchse the package or is the download a one and done for its use?  Thanks.  SM0KE

Poltr #57 Posted Oct 21 2016 - 11:01

Private

• Players
  • 3691 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on Oct 19 2016 - 20:51, said:

Hello all!

I do hope you decide to add the option to close WGC when I hit play. I just don't see the need to keep it running all the time with it's current.. uhm.. abilities? If you were to add something like the ability to chat with people on your friends list without being in a game I could see keeping it running being worthwhile.

Other then that it looks and works nicely so far.

OtterWolf #58 Posted Oct 21 2016 - 11:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

View PostDarthDoge, on Oct 09 2016 - 20:40, said:

Yeah, like click WoWs and it lists the available versions.

WoWs tab

Versions

WoWs (main)

WoWs PT etc..

I would also like it if the region changer can be included officially since I know some people that downloaded and installed client from the other sites.

Just make it more unified.

This would be very useful.  Especially for the multiple WOT games. I can see the tab bar getting very full, if you play all of them.

Silvin #59 Posted Oct 21 2016 - 15:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21466 battles
  • [SF-V] SF-V

I'd like to add a screenshot to my bug report but I dont have the option to add an image to the post, unlike in other WG forums and I dont want to use a public site to host the image since this is still closed testing.

Is it that I dont have the permissions to add an image or that I am missing something in the forum UI to add a picture?

pipecutter #60 Posted Oct 21 2016 - 16:41

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 8126 battles
Just installed and added Tanks, Warplanes and Warships with no problems. So far so good for me.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users