General Feedback

122 replies to this topic

NargilFenris #81 Posted Nov 11 2016 - 01:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15754 battles
So far loving the universal launcher. Have not had any bugs or issues. UI is nice and clean with useful links and news. Nicely done WG.

vonKaiser #82 Posted Nov 12 2016 - 01:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11836 battles

Well after another blank screen I uninstalled it.  Wanted to get in and play the Indianapolis quickly (Long shifts at work, limited time to play lately unfortunately :( so haven't re-installed the program yet. Anyway after the uninstall, prior shortcuts on the desktop stopped working so attempted to launch the game directly from the folder.   However, now I'm unable to find the original game launcher, just the client launch itself.  Can't start the game because haven't gotten the latest patch :/

Anyone know where i can find the launcher or am I looking at an entire re-install? lol

MethuselahHoneysuckle #83 Posted Nov 12 2016 - 12:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12100 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostvonKaiser, on Nov 11 2016 - 14:47, said:

Well after another blank screen I uninstalled it.  Wanted to get in and play the Indianapolis quickly (Long shifts at work, limited time to play lately unfortunately :( so haven't re-installed the program yet. Anyway after the uninstall, prior shortcuts on the desktop stopped working so attempted to launch the game directly from the folder.   However, now I'm unable to find the original game launcher, just the client launch itself.  Can't start the game because haven't gotten the latest patch :/

Anyone know where i can find the launcher or am I looking at an entire re-install? lol

You could try downloading the WoWs setup program and letting it install, it should detect your game once it finishes.

vonKaiser #84 Posted Nov 12 2016 - 19:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11836 battles

View PostMethuselahHoneysuckle, on Nov 12 2016 - 06:38, said:

You could try downloading the WoWs setup program and letting it install, it should detect your game once it finishes.

Ended up re-installing the Beta launcher and it worked.  Not sure why I get random blank black screens where it won't respond though.

Khafni #85 Posted Nov 13 2016 - 19:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1545 battles

View PostvonKaiser, on Nov 12 2016 - 13:44, said:

Ended up re-installing the Beta launcher and it worked.  Not sure why I get random blank black screens where it won't respond though.

i recommend posting your issue in the bug forum (up one level) using their format and provide screenshots. This is more than general feedback.

Khafni #86 Posted Nov 13 2016 - 19:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1545 battles

I noticed that when you click on a news article in the launcher you do not have the ability to make posts/comments on the article as you can on the same news article when accessed from the homepage. Is that something in the works or not possible because of the design/architecture?

Even being able to read, from the launcher link, what has been posted via the website would be nice.

OtterWolf #87 Posted Nov 19 2016 - 17:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 64 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

It would be nice to see Server Status on the WGC, similar to the website..

Khafni #88 Posted Nov 21 2016 - 15:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1545 battles

I am impressed with the repair function of the WGC!

Last night I noticed some buggy behavior in the client which remained when I logged in this morning. Left mouse click did not always execute the selected action. I could not change ships, view battle reports, view the other tabs. I could view rewards and view the captain skills page. Left mouse was working as the button flashed when clicked. The action just wasn't executed. I couldn't even close the game. Normally I would write a support ticket for this issue but I remembered the 'Repair" link in the WGC. I clicked on it and the integrity check found issues, downloaded updates, and performed a second integrity check. Once completed I opened the game and, voila, it worked perfectly!

Bravo Zulu

Khafni #89 Posted Nov 22 2016 - 00:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1545 battles

Two things -

1. I uninstalled and reinstalled the WoWs game client via the Gamecenter. Uninstall worked fine and removed all of the files and folders and most of the registry entries. The firewall rules were left behind. Not sure if you can remove them but it would be nice to do this when the client is uninstalled.

2. As I initiated the client install I noticed that the order of 'tasks/options' for the install is not presented in the best UX (user experience) way. Information is usually (in North America) presented to the user from left to right and top to bottom. If there are choices given the user they should flow in that manner. On the install screen you have language choice at the top. Below that is installation location. Then you have a still-grayed-out, big Install button. Most, but not all, users will likely notice the EULA acceptance check box but that box should be present above the Install button if it is required (as it is) to enable the Install button.

Screenshot

Spoiler

Macabe #90 Posted Nov 29 2016 - 00:12

Major

• Players
  • 9316 battles
I would appreciate if it didn't run on startup.

pipecutter #91 Posted Nov 29 2016 - 01:35

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 8143 battles
Open bottom icon on the left. The one that looks like a gear. Uncheck the box- Launch game center when you start your computer.

Heavybarrel120mm #92 Posted Dec 02 2016 - 00:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34377 battles
So far after a month of using WGC I have had zero issues and still love the layout of it. It's so nice to be able to play any one of the games from a single launcher rather than multiple ones.

Macabe #93 Posted Dec 07 2016 - 21:54

Major

• Players
  • 9316 battles

View Postpipecutter, on Nov 28 2016 - 17:35, said:

Open bottom icon on the left. The one that looks like a gear. Uncheck the box- Launch game center when you start your computer.

That was checked. Found that the reason for it was a windows problem, not a launcher problem.

warrends #94 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 20:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 19712 battles
So far so good for the several months I've been using it. One option I'd like to see is the ability to choose when auto-updates of games will happen, like at night or other PC down times. WOWP just updated for me and for the 5 minutes it took to d/l and install my PC slowed down considerably, as it always does. I'd like to be able to not have that happen automatically, but rather choose a time when all updates will occur, say 2 a.m. And then if I want to play a game but it still requires an update, I can choose to override the wait by the push of a button.

woofman34 #95 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 00:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29742 battles
  • [SG] SG

My first thought, is great job. It recognized all 3 titles right away. I have the games on multiple drives, no problems using them either

World of Warships opened and played fine.

World of Warplanes opened and played fine

I did notice sever ping once WOT opened on both servers said 300 plus. I don’t know if there is a correlation to the launcher. when I used the regular Tank launcher it was 70 on West and 45 on the East.

Blitz linked fine to wotblitz.com

I also liked the sidebar links.

Thanks for the opportunity

To be involved .

cyrus7 #96 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 00:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 6203 battles

It works perfectly fine for me, (using Win-10). opened and closed it multiple times and launched WoT without any problems. I enjoy the layout and find it much more convenient to get news in this format as well, rather than needing to go to the website.

I have to add that it did seem a bit slow/ jittery at times but i'd Probably chalk that up to the fact that i'm on a lower end laptop.

-Cyrus

signature.png <-- since everyone else seems to think this is the place to post their stats :P

Cinere #97 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 02:56

Private

• -Players-
  • 8423 battles

I currently love the WGC client. The performance is spotless, even when downloading. With that in mind, however, I would like to offer a suggestion. I'm not quite sure if you provide patch notes, but in the case that you do I would find it convenient if I could somehow read or access the patch notes within the WGC client. It would also be fine if the "You are running the latest game version: 9.17.0.392" and what not provided a hyperlink to the patch notes on the game version number.

Spoiler

Edited by Cinere, Jan 18 2017 - 02:57.

Kekistani #98 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 05:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 26307 battles

First of all I have to say that the launcher looks quite beautiful. I have no idea what qualified me to be invited to the Closed Beta but I want to thank the person who decided I should join it. I just received the e-mail and after trying it with the client I had installed of World of Tanks, I have not experienced any glitches. Now I'm doing a fresh install mainly because I wanted to install World of Tanks on my SSD and this seemed like a good opportunity.

I wish World of Tanks interface looked like that: clean and well organized with minimalist icons. I don't mean to offend the people involved in creating the interface for WoT, it's just that time has passed and that "bulky" kind of interface is now obsolete. It looks really nice but the minimalist kind of interface such as WGC's one is much easier to deal with after playing some hundred hours.

I have to admit that I never felt like playing World of Warships or World of Warplanes before but now that I have it a click away from me – after I install all those GB, of course – I'm considering playing it, although not as frequently as I play World of Tanks

So anyway, I'll just go straight to pros and cons, some of it will be more of a suggestion than actual feedback on what we already have in this amazing launcher.

PROS

• Access to all games from a single launcher – which seems to load into the game a little faster than the WoT launcher;
  • Clean interface as I described above;
  • Big buttons – helps when you're in a hurry and need to click stuff right away saving those extra milliseconds;
  • Nice arrangement of quick access to Premium Shop, News, videos etc.;
  • Seems to be very light – it's usually taking up to 120 MB when downloading updates and much less than that when idle.

CONS

• I might be missing something but I don't think there's a way we can arrange the kind of news we want. That would be pretty nice since the only news I'd want to check directly on the WGC would be the ones concerning game updates and main events. Other news such as clan events, Global Map, tank analysis – such as "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" –, The Chieftain's Hatch etc. I'd like to disable on the WGC and read directly on my browser;
  • That would be nice if we could log into the WGC, having our account's preview such as what we have when we log into any WG website;
  • Following the idea of a universal login, it would be interesting if we could just simply log into the WGC and have all games ready whenever we launch them, not needing to login again. So you could log into the WGC, check some kind of "remember my login and password" option and never worry about it again;
  • It seems the FPS is low on the WGC, something like 30 FPS. The animations don't run smoothly like 60 FPS – although it seems to run at stable FPS. I'm quite sure my desktop would be able to handle it since I play World of Tanks and many other games on maximum settings.

That's all I could think of, hopefully some of it will be helpful. And once again, thank you for the invite.

Edited by 9gagger, Jan 18 2017 - 05:38.

Captain_Midnight_Rider #99 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 08:12

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7917 battles

I don't know if this has been covered yet. I installed the launcher, but it also seems to be reinstalling WOT. Since I have Tanks, Airplanes and Warships, will it need to reinstall all of these programs?

ETA: With a second installation of all of the games, is it safe to uninstall the originals (to free up some HD space)?

Edited by Captain_Midnight_Rider, Jan 18 2017 - 17:42.

Inori_Shizuka #100 Posted Jan 18 2017 - 08:33

Private

• Players
  • 4196 battles
  • [SHEEN] SHEEN
I enjoy the UI design, however clicking the side buttons the expanding animations seem a bit choppy. 

When initially using the launcher when selecting the directory where the game has already been installed should automatically detect that the game is already installed instead of suggesting to install the game where it already exists. 

The link/import install locations button was a bit hard to spot at first glance. 

What is the point of a second install instance? this is the first time I've come across the idea of having two install locations

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users