Help with situation. Please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Necrolegion #1 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 02:02

Major

• Players
  • 20509 battles
I currently have Premium for 8 hours. (Bought a 3 day Premium during "Operation Husky".) I love Premium as it got me out from where I was stuck. I was stuck with the SU-76, BT-7, and the M37. I was only able to make at the most 9k of silver with the M37 but only on good matches. Since I got premium I was able to ditch the horrendous SU-76 and BT-7 for the SU-85B, A-20 and start the German LT Tech Tree up to the PzKpfw III Ausf A. I wish I could have gotten the month instead during the deal but I was inclined to see what the fuzz was about premium first without risking too much gold.

Now Premium went up again and through it I probably made well over 300K in silver. It really expedited my research too but only by a little. Right now I am stuck with SU-85B(the only thing stock is the gun, saving up xp for the 85mm upgrade), A-20(stock), PzKpfw III Ausf A(fully upgrades except radio and PzKpfw III needs to be researched), and M37(almost everything researched with the exception of the M41 which I only need like 5K xp). I only have 770 Gold left from the $6.95 Gold Pack. How should I use up the remaining gold? I may buy the 3000 Gold tomorrow but using the M3 Stuart promo.

Should I convert xp into free xp using gold and research the tanks I have atm? Should I save gold for future events? Should I convert the remaining gold to silver? Do I extend premium? Help me. Also which tank should I focus on? The SU-85B still has the problem as the SU-76 which is getting one shot killed, is the next SU-85 better? Or should I pursue the medium tank tree with the PzKpfw III and T-34?

Thanks for any possible help.

Disappearing_BOI #2 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 02:07

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 40752 battles
  • [-FKS-] -FKS-
Do what you like. That is, if you like the play style of tank destroyers, go for the SU-85 (the final gun, 107, is brilliant). If you like quick and speedy tanks that can hit hard, go there. The Pz III is a blast, but the real fun comes with the PZ IV. The initial grind is pretty painful, but once you get it at its best, it is one hell of a contender.

Edit: and, I don't use gold, so I can only give you advice on tank lines. Sorry

brig #3 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 02:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 12158 battles
Here is my advice. Use some gold to convert xp to help you get to the su-85 and T-34. Don't convert gold to credits because it's really not a good deal. Finally, save some gold (like 100 or so) always to be able to demount equipment that you purchase. And yes, the su-85 is better. Hope this helps.

JDCollie #4 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 03:01

Major

• Players
  • 10347 battles
If you are really hurting for credits (silver as you call it), it is more effective to purchase a premium tank and grind credits. Any of the premium tanks are more efficient at generating credits than purchasing credits with gold outright.

Necrolegion #5 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 03:57

Major

• Players
  • 20509 battles

View PostJDCollie, on Aug 01 2011 - 03:01, said:

If you are really hurting for credits (silver as you call it), it is more effective to purchase a premium tank and grind credits. Any of the premium tanks are more efficient at generating credits than purchasing credits with gold outright.

Which ones would you recommend? I heard there would be more premiums in the 0.6.6 update. Are any of the French premiums good?

ItsGonRain #6 Posted Aug 02 2011 - 03:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37634 battles
There aren't any French tanks quite yet. To be honest it all depends on the player for when it comes to credit income. A good player driving a standard tank will make as much as a mediocre player driving a premium. I find the Ram-II makes decent profit as it is at the Tier 5 level although you have to play it aggresively. Also depends on how much gold you have.

Irrik #7 Posted Aug 02 2011 - 08:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 1166 battles
If you find money a problem, stop spreading out your efforts onto many tanks, and start focusing on one or two GOOD tanks. It will be WAY easier for you to make money if you, say, Get the panzer II, Then the PZIIA, PZIII, PZIV. Once you have a good tier 5 tank you like, you are home free for money, and it's way easier to earn with good tanks than with bad tanks. The german line you are started down is very good: the PZIV is a very good money maker, and seems to qualify for a lot of "double credits" promotional events.

The russian heavy tree is also VERY good for earning tanks. The t-26 and t-46 are acceptable, but not great, but the T-28 and KV are both EXCELLENT earners.  

On the other hand, The Su-85b is bad for earning (and in general). It's gun doesn't traverse well enough to work in urban environments like the Marder can, peeking around buildings and hard cover, it's good gun is too inaccurate to snipe at extreme range, it's gun doesn't elevate or de-elevate well enough to operate on hills, and it doesn't have the armor OR health for anything even REMOTELY resembling a slugfest. It's something you really want to be using once you have the money to replace it as soon as you can, and always have the best equipment and modifications, along with a 75% crew. Bad tank+ bad crew= death. Also, it has two very expensive guns which are not usable on any other tank, greatly increasing the cost it takes you to get up and running. While the SU-76 is accurate enough to snipe with from too far away for people to hit you back on open ground, it is at least a tier 3 tank with a tier 6 gun, to make up for it being so fragile and unwieldy.

If I were you, the best way to spend gold, I would think, is to de-mount modules from tanks. That will save you a TON of money, as you go up in ranks. Once you get to tier 5, you will keep tanks long enough to make the upgrades worth having, and each de-mount you do will be saving you 300k+ in money. Ventilation systems especially, as EVERY tank has one, and a lot of them use the same ventilation system, it seems. It's going to be WAY easier for you to just get gold from planning out your progression effectively.

also, IMHO, you shouldn't be accumulating exp to convert. If you are keeping a tank, you want a well trained crew, right? if you AREN'T keeping a tank, why are you still using it? Accelerated crew training all the way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users