• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

ToNa3rd #1 Posted Sep 13 2016 - 23:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15258 battles

today checked my credit card transaction, surprised

there is foreign transaction fee for the transaction thru wg website,

im never using wg payment directly, but then i give it try,, usually im using my amazon account to purchasing wot stuff
anyone have same experience ?
im using my visa card from BOA

kebab6597 #2 Posted Sep 13 2016 - 23:22

Major

• Players
  • 52678 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
I only ever use paypal never had any charges for any transactions so far nor do i expect too

ToNa3rd #3 Posted Sep 13 2016 - 23:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15258 battles

View Postkebab6597, on Sep 13 2016 - 23:22, said:

I only ever use paypal never had any charges for any transactions so far nor do i expect too

im live california and using bank of america credit card, while im using my amazon i didnt get any fee, this is so ridiculous, now im try to contact my bank to find out whats going on

will post here after find out, so no one will ever get same problem like mine

Edited by ToNa3rd, Sep 13 2016 - 23:25.

Ak_Lonewolf #4 Posted Sep 13 2016 - 23:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27920 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

This answer is actually pretty easy... The charges directly from WG are considered Foreign and are thus subject to ISA fee's. If you go through Amazon or Pay Pal you arent subject to the fee's. Why you ask? Because they are an intermediary and choose to either EAT the fee or have found a way around them. Most FI's won't refund you this fee... Basically its your fault for not doing your research before you pressed "pay this".

The reason for this is because the charge is being processed through Cyprus. Pretty standard rout to get the funds to WG's Home FI in the Russian block.

Edited by Ak_Lonewolf, Sep 13 2016 - 23:32.

ToNa3rd #5 Posted Sep 13 2016 - 23:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15258 battles

View PostAk_Lonewolf, on Sep 13 2016 - 23:30, said:

This answer is actually pretty easy... The charges directly from WG are considered Foreign and are thus subject to ISA fee's. If you go through Amazon or Pay Pal you arent subject to the fee's. Why you ask? Because they are an intermediary and choose to either EAT the fee or have found a way around them. Most FI's won't refund you this fee... Basically its your fault for not doing your research before you pressed "pay this".

The reason for this is because the charge is being processed through Cyprus. Pretty standard rout to get the funds to WG's Home FI in the Russian block.

oh crap, then im should never use wg website directly to purchase anything, good to know, thanks dude, wg should put a note on his every purchases directly from his website

Edited by ToNa3rd, Sep 13 2016 - 23:37.

HOTA_CHATON #6 Posted Sep 13 2016 - 23:39

Major

• Players
  • 12186 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

View PostToNa3rd, on Sep 13 2016 - 16:18, said:

today checked my credit card transaction, surprised

there is foreign transaction fee for the transaction thru wg website,

im never using wg payment directly, but then i give it try,, usually im using my amazon account to purchasing wot stuff
anyone have same experience ?
im using my visa card from BOA

​I only use Pay Pal or the Amazon Payments systems.  Works just fine for me on either of them.

Kamahl1234 #7 Posted Sep 14 2016 - 00:28

Major

• Players
  • 17962 battles

View PostToNa3rd, on Sep 13 2016 - 22:34, said:

oh crap, then im should never use wg website directly to purchase anything, good to know, thanks dude, wg should put a note on his every purchases directly from his website

Or simply check with your card issuer and see if there'd be a charge. Some credit cards aren't subject to this fee.

tollhousecookies #8 Posted Sep 14 2016 - 00:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 49182 battles
SUCKS TO BE ME....

Hello tollhousecookies,

Thanks for contacting Wargaming support.

Unfortunately, the items on the premium shop that have "1 available for you" (check screenshot) on the premium shop like the t-44-100 tokens only accept refundable payment method as this item can only be purchased once per account.

The reason for this is because some of the players tend to make mistakes by purchasing the items more than once. Apparently, extra purchases are declined and still got charged. And if you got charged for it, we're unable to refund the transaction.

At this time, we recommend to use a refundable payment method for you to be able to purchase the said items.

We hope this information was helpful and Please feel free to contact us for any additional questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

Diego Cole

Wargaming America Support

tollhousecookies

THIS IS MY ANSWER TO THE DOUBLE STANDARDS YOU LIVE BY BECAUSE I NOTICED YOU CAN STILL BUY PREMIUM TIME AND OTHER ITEMS WITH THE PRE-PAID CARDS

Hello tollhousecookies!

Thanks for getting back to us.

Please know that we enforce our policy to all of the players all over the world.

Unfortunately, we are unable to grant your request without being unfair to other players who were also unable to purchase this bundle through their preferred payment method.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your understanding in this regard.

Best Regards,

Pink O'Reilly

Wargaming America Support

SluggerJackson #9 Posted Sep 14 2016 - 03:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28787 battles
One of my credit cards was charged a foreign transaction fee, and one wasn't.   However if you can afford to spend money on this game then a small fee isn't a big deal.

mecman1972 #10 Posted Oct 03 2017 - 14:28

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

It doesn't matter if you use PayPal or not I just got a ridiculous .17  cents charge about a week and half after I  a purchased a "bundle". This is the first time it's popped up on any of my accounts.

That " fee" should be included in the original purchase not just randomly charged whenever they feel like it.

Now if your on a budget (Like myself) and track every cent you spend this is just WRONG to do.

It's not a cell phone or cable Bill where you get nailed with a bunch of bogus taxes and fees,  it's a ONE time purchase.

They need to put this little fact in big letters as it's a frigin GAME that your supposed to have fun playing, not a "ninja charge company" that causes stress. That's a great way to loose customers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users