More noobish questions.. Sorry for being a noob

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Necrolegion #1 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 09:38

Major

• Players
  • 20345 battles
Q1: What are clans? How do they function and how does one become part of one?

Q2: I was looking at a clan war vids found out about clan wars. What is that? I said you earn gold by conquering territory. How much?

Q3: If I were to start a clan, how would it start? Are there enough territories left? What happens when you lose all territories? I have no idea how exactly conquering territories works so if you could explain that it'd be great.

Q4: Are there any premiums and promo deals happening besides the M3 Stuart Lend Lease?

Q5: Moving up the tech tree(or down actually), how would you manage your ascend? Like would you jump two tanks to a tier, just one, or several?

Q6: What is this I hear about playing lower tiers to pay for your higher tier tanks? Is tier 5-6 really the Goldilocks zone?

Vinedragon #2 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 09:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2661 battles
I'll answer what I can, to the best of my knowledge.

Q1: Clans are basically a compilation of users with a number of reasons to why they were formed, but basically they're a gathering place. Friends can join a private clan, for instance, to hang out together or something similiar. Likewise, it could be a rather open clan,which  you should look at the requirements to join and post in the forum. If you get an invite, you check your profile on the page you see your tank stats, log into that, and you'll see it.

Q2: Clan wars is a map domination game with, obviously, clans. Clans duke it out, agree to not fight each other, or simply agree to disagree and fight each other constantly. It's generally for THE best tanks you have, and isn't suited for any sort of low tier intervention with it's current set up. About the gold? From my knowledge, it's dependant on the area. Some areas you can hold are rich, others are not. The exact numbers are unknown to me currently.

Q3: No answers for this.

Q4: To my knowledge... no.

Q5: Again, no real answers, they may be rather flawed.

Q6: High tiers generally don't earn many credits, and if they do, it's very small. The shell cost is high, the repair bill is high, and consumable usage is constant (Again, from what i'm told, or seen from videos). Lower tiers generally earn much more credits than they can shred off in ammo, or in repair bills, so they're ideal for getting credits for your higher tiers. Premium tanks that you buy with gold also earn better credits than tanks of similiar tier, and one of these is renowned for this ability, the Lowe.

TheDude101 #3 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 10:04

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 8894 battles
  • [-BNP-] -BNP-

View PostNecrolegion, on Aug 01 2011 - 09:38, said:

Clans is a group of people that get together and play. 1 person is the leader, and can give other people a higher officer spot that can invite/recruit etc. You become part of one by asking around or posting in the Looking for Clan sub-forum (Link). Beware, if you want to participate in clan battles you usually need T6+ Arty or T9+ Tank/TD.

Q2: I was looking at a clan war vids found out about clan wars. What is that? I said you earn gold by conquering territory. How much?

Clan Wars Beta is WoT attempt at giving the players something to look forward too after grinding a T10 tank. Clans can earn gold by conquering more and more territory (although I'm not sure the math of how much the clan gets per territory, my clan is having a hard time getting into a zone).

Q3: If I were to start a clan, how would it start? Are there enough territories left? What happens when you lose all territories? I have no idea how exactly conquering territories works so if you could explain that it'd be great.

You need 2,000 Gold and you goto the Clans section on the main page and register one, the link to create a clan is on the right hand side. There are plenty of territories, only thing is you need the manpower and tank-power to overcome the defender. If you lose all territories no big deal - you start from scratch and try again. As far as actually conquering, I think it has something to do with chips, but again, I'm a lowly soldier in my clan and don't get to do the workings in Clan Battles.

Q4: Are there any premiums and promo deals happening besides the M3 Stuart Lend Lease?

There are always premium and promo deals going on. Usually about once or twice a month it seems like. Always keep up with the main page and forums to find out.

Q5: Moving up the tech tree(or down actually), how would you manage your ascend? Like would you jump two tanks to a tier, just one, or several?

Pick what your going for and stick on the path. If you want the IS-7, head down the Russian Heavy line until you get it. I myself have about 10 tanks, but I like the variety. I just got my first T9 finally, so it is a slower approach, but I have a handful of T6, T7 and T8 tanks. So it's just your preference. Quickest way is to get maybe a total of three tanks going, and when your primary is down, use the secondary. When both are down, use that third one. By the time your out of that, your first should be out of battle.

Q6: What is this I hear about playing lower tiers to pay for your higher tier tanks? Is tier 5-6 really the Goldilocks zone?

If you do not run Premium or have a Lowe (which has a credit-printer in its turret, by the commander), T5 gets 100% credits. Above that it starts lowering % per tier you go. So T5 from what I understand is the sweet zone. Example - on my PzIV I can usually rake in anywhere between 30-45k credits running premium. Repair and refits cost usually under 8k. So that's quite a bit of profit. On my IS-4 I average 20-40k (still learning it) credits per battle, but repair and refits usually cost me 25-30k.

Hope that helped answer some of your questions, and hopefully someone with Clan Wars experience will come help me out with that part.

Happy hunting.

Edit // added links because I had the time :)

Vinedragon #4 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 10:12

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2661 battles

View PostTheDude101, on Aug 01 2011 - 10:04, said:

Clans is a group of people that get together and play. 1 person is the leader, and can give other people a higher officer spot that can invite/recruit etc. You become part of one by asking around or posting in the Looking for Clan sub-forum. Beware, if you want to participate in clan battles you usually need T6+ Arty or T9+ Tank/TD.

Clan Wars Beta is WoT attempt at giving the players something to look forward too after grinding a T10 tank. Clans can earn gold by conquering more and more territory (although I'm not sure the math of how much the clan gets per territory, my clan is having a hard time getting into a zone).

You need 2,000 Gold and you goto the Clans section on the main page and register one. There are plenty of territories, only thing is you need the manpower and tank-power to overcome the defender. If you lose all territories no big deal - you start from scratch and try again. As far as actually conquering, I think it has something to do with chips, but again, I'm a lowly soldier in my clan and don't get to do the workings in Clan Battles.

There are always premium and promo deals going on. Usually about once or twice a month it seems like. Always keep up with the main page and forums to find out.

Pick what your going for and stick on the path. If you want the IS-7, head down the Russian Heavy line until you get it. I myself have about 10 tanks, but I like the variety. I just got my first T9 finally, so it is a slower approach, but I have a handful of T6, T7 and T8 tanks. So it's just your preference. Quickest way is to get maybe a total of three tanks going, and when your primary is down, use the secondary. When both are down, use that third one. By the time your out of that, your first should be out of battle.

If you do not run Premium or have a Lowe (which has a credit-printer in its turret, by the commander), T5 gets 100% credits. Above that it starts lowering % per tier you go. So T5 from what I understand is the sweet zone. Example - on my PzIV I can usually rake in anywhere between 30-45k credits running premium. Repair and refits cost usually under 8k. So that's quite a bit of profit. On my IS-4 I average 20-40k (still learning it) credits per battle, but repair and refits usually cost me 25-30k.

Hope that helped answer some of your questions, and hopefully someone with Clan Wars experience will come help me out with that part.

Happy hunting.

^^^ Much better answers. Also: http://game.worldoft...deo/ Tutorials/ Some good watches.

Sword_of_Light #5 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 15:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8234 battles

View PostTheDude101, on Aug 01 2011 - 10:04, said:

In other words, its wise to have more than one tank - and rather than grind up to several high tier tanks, keep one or two mid-tier to pay for the big guys.  My KV (tier 5) supports my IS-3 (tier 8).  

You might also find yourself really liking one tank - nothing says you have to sell it.  I still play my Marder (tier 4), because its such a joy to play.

Also keep in mind that the tank trees are not set - there are published revisions, such as the upcoming changes to the German tree (sometime in August, adding the E-series tanks, and a few other revisions) and the Soviet tree (splitting the KV into 1 and 2 models, et. al).  There are intentions to publish the French tank tree, and future alterations to the existing nations (such as adding a second branch to the German TD line).  All this means more choices - and you should keep it in mind when filling up your garage with tanks.

-Don

teamSG1 #6 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 15:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2892 battles
- A clan is a group of people who go into clan battles to fight over a certain territory on the WWII theater map area. (Europe and parts of Africa)

- You do earn gold, but im not sure how much it is per certain areas you hold or for how long.

- First you need gold. 2000 i think. You would then need to recruit people, and then go and bid for an invasion spot and fight over that said territory. The victor gets the territory and must defend it.

- Yes. You can buy gold and buy a premium account (which gives you 50% more credits and experience per battle) buy premium tanks and premium ammo.

- When you choose a path (which i highly suggest you take a look at the tech trees before you just start randomly choosing tanks) you gain exp and credit, research and buy upgraded modules and then research and buy the next tank, in the next tier.

- Uh, kinda. If you are a tier 5 medium tank you will get thrown into tier 5,6,7 & 8 matches. A heavy will get the same thing, except the KV gets pushed into tier 9 fights. Tier 6 is basically the same except medium tanks get put into tier 9 and heavy's get thrown into low tier 10 matches.

Hope that helps! :Smile_honoring:

SuicideBombshell #7 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 16:46

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 2698 battles
The gold amount for each territory is listed in the territory description on the map page (I believe it is a per day amount).  Each member gets a cut of said amount based on # of players in the clan and your relative position inside the clan (leader > officer > soldier type of thing).  At least that's my understanding of the dynamics.

TheDude101 #8 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 20:00

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 8894 battles
  • [-BNP-] -BNP-

View PostSword_of_Light, on Aug 01 2011 - 15:01, said:

In other words, its wise to have more than one tank - and rather than grind up to several high tier tanks, keep one or two mid-tier to pay for the big guys.  My KV (tier 5) supports my IS-3 (tier 8).  

You might also find yourself really liking one tank - nothing says you have to sell it.  I still play my Marder (tier 4), because its such a joy to play.
*cough* Tier 3 (Tier 4 is the mighty Hetzer)

View PostSword_of_Light, on Aug 01 2011 - 15:01, said:

Also keep in mind that the tank trees are not set - there are published revisions, such as the upcoming changes to the German tree (sometime in August, adding the E-series tanks, and a few other revisions) and the Soviet tree (splitting the KV into 1 and 2 models, et. al).  There are intentions to publish the French tank tree, and future alterations to the existing nations (such as adding a second branch to the German TD line).  All this means more choices - and you should keep it in mind when filling up your garage with tanks.

-Don

+1 for mentioning the Tech Trees, completely forgot about the major changes coming soon. +1

Sword_of_Light #9 Posted Aug 02 2011 - 17:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8234 battles

View PostTheDude101, on Aug 01 2011 - 20:00, said:

*cough* Tier 3 (Tier 4 is the mighty Hetzer)

Oh yeah.  Its just so frikkin' OP I sometimes forget its still in the Matchbox category.  KV?  T1?  No worries, I'm piloting the tank version of a fire ant. I don't care how much bigger than me you are - I'm hunting you!

-Don

adamd1373 #10 Posted Aug 02 2011 - 17:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15692 battles
To answer your questions on Clan Wars gold:

Gold for a territory is divided into 24ths - A province worth 240 gold will add 12 gold each hour (turn) in the clan's treasury.  Hold it for 24 hours, you get 240g. Easy.

The gold *can* be divvied up amongst players - each clan operates differently in how they manage it.  Some hoard it, some distribute it out to players on a regular basis... some clans use it solely to provide gold ammo for matches that are really important.  You'd have to ask your clan leadership how they handle it.

But I wouldn't join a clan with the expectation that you'll be given free gold.  I wish it worked that way :)

Any questions, please feel free to ask/PM me.  Thanks and welcome to WoT!

Necrolegion #11 Posted Aug 02 2011 - 18:19

Major

• Players
  • 20345 battles

View Postadamd1373, on Aug 02 2011 - 17:31, said:

To answer your questions on Clan Wars gold:

Gold for a territory is divided into 24ths - A province worth 240 gold will add 12 gold each hour (turn) in the clan's treasury.  Hold it for 24 hours, you get 240g. Easy.

The gold *can* be divvied up amongst players - each clan operates differently in how they manage it.  Some hoard it, some distribute it out to players on a regular basis... some clans use it solely to provide gold ammo for matches that are really important.  You'd have to ask your clan leadership how they handle it.

But I wouldn't join a clan with the expectation that you'll be given free gold.  I wish it worked that way :)

Alright thanks I will.

Altwar #12 Posted Aug 02 2011 - 18:46

Major

• Players
  • 59449 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View Postadamd1373, on Aug 02 2011 - 17:31, said:

Maybe you should join or create a Clan that "guarantees" a payoff of some sort for it's members when it gets paid?  Or at least all participating members get paid if the Clan successfully earns gold on any particular day?  By participating, I mean players who actually participated in holding a Clan's territory.

Of course, I've not been in a clan before nor do I have the high tiered tank (nothing higher than T5) to be of use to one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users