A girl wants to hangout with me. But she has a boyfriend?

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

Klaatu_Nicto #161 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 07:17

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

View PostHiroe, on Sep 27 2016 - 21:38, said:

Who even cares about most science? It'll all be re-written in ten or twenty years like it has consistently been throughout history. Rely on your intuition. Our intuition is the product of millions of years of evolution and it won't let us down as much as science has.

It's successes far outweighs it's failures.

Hiroe #162 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 07:42

Major

• Players
  • 13615 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Sep 28 2016 - 02:17, said:

It's successes far outweighs it's failures.

I wonder if you and your buddies will still be saying that after humanity is annihilated in a nuclear war. Oh, wait, we'll all be dead!

Klaatu_Nicto #163 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 08:13

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

View PostHiroe, on Sep 27 2016 - 22:42, said:

I wonder if you and your buddies will still be saying that after humanity is annihilated in a nuclear war. Oh, wait, we'll all be dead!

Mother nature will get us before that happens.

It's not scientists who will start a nuclear war.

Hiroe #164 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 08:16

Major

• Players
  • 13615 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Sep 28 2016 - 03:13, said:

It doesn't matter who makes the weapons. It matters that humanity isn't ready for them. If scientists can't see that they're not much better. Would you give a child a loaded bazooka? I think not.

KILLER_TAWmato2 #165 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 10:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26463 battles
May I suggest my cure for the FRIEND ZONE...DUCT TAPE. Turning "NO-NO-NO" into "MMM-MMM-MMM" since 1943. I'm sure your parents won't notice the extra noise in the basement.

Hiroe #166 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 13:27

Major

• Players
  • 13615 battles

View PostKILLER_TAWmato2, on Sep 28 2016 - 05:55, said:

May I suggest my cure for the FRIEND ZONE...DUCT TAPE. Turning "NO-NO-NO" into "MMM-MMM-MMM" since 1943. I'm sure your parents won't notice the extra noise in the basement.

WTH!!!

mattwong #167 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 15:26

Major

• Players
  • 30470 battles

View PostHiroe, on Sep 28 2016 - 00:38, said:

Who even cares about most science? It'll all be rewritten in ten or twenty years like it has consistently been throughout history. Rely on your intuition. Our intuition is the product of millions of years of evolution and it won't let us down as much as science has.

If you were not so tragically ignorant of the history of science, you would see that it is an iterative process which keeps getting closer and closer to the truth, like a "bisect" equation-solver computer algorithm.  It does not make random changes, and every time science has improved itself, it was through continuing to apply the scientific method.  There has never been a time when science was proven wrong by using non-science methods.

Intuition had 5,000 years to explain to us what causes lightning, and the best it could ever come up with was "angry gods".  The modern scientific method began with people like Galileo, and it figured out electromagnetism in a few hundred years.

Edited by mattwong, Sep 28 2016 - 15:27.

Hiroe #168 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 16:15

Major

• Players
  • 13615 battles

View Postmattwong, on Sep 28 2016 - 10:26, said:

If you were not so tragically ignorant of the history of science, you would see that it is an iterative process which keeps getting closer and closer to the truth, like a "bisect" equation-solver computer algorithm.  It does not make random changes, and every time science has improved itself, it was through continuing to apply the scientific method.  There has never been a time when science was proven wrong by using non-science methods.

Intuition had 5,000 years to explain to us what causes lightning, and the best it could ever come up with was "angry gods".  The modern scientific method began with people like Galileo, and it figured out electromagnetism in a few hundred years.

Yea, and when these scientists discover what they think is the truth they'll force it down the throats of everyone, namely children and teenagers who are barely capable of patching together a proper worldview without the absurdity and complexity of modern "science," and then create a kind of loathsome absolutism based on scientific "truth" that will lead to the ostracism and exclusion of any and all non-believers. In other words, they'll create a religion out of it. It's already happening to a degree. It's easily visible if you have an open mind.

Now, if our universe were characterized by love and beauty that would be acceptable. It's not. It's characterized by black and empty space, cold and uncaring depths, and almost nothing, aside from a planet here or there, that would make a proper home for a human being. Knowing this, and simply being aware of the direction science continuously moves in, it is a safe guess that science will do little more than continue to uncover colder and darker "truths"; and these "truths" will do little more than inspire nihilism and hedonism in minds that can't handle them (most minds).

Every single human being on Earth covers their mind and the holes in their beliefs with illusions and delusions, most of which are healthy and fine, and what science aims to do is remove these illusions and delusions; and then replace them with cold, black, and uncaring "truths" with the intention to intellectually immobilize you while an apathetic view of the universe has its way with you. In other words, these scientists want to emotionally and intellectually rape you with their "truth." I can't respect that and I admire anyone who resists it.

Furthermore, this desire for "truth" isn't universally shared, but these "truths" have been and will be universally forced upon us. Most people do not want these scientific "truths," but that doesn't matter. They will be forced upon everyone and the scientists (more accurately the powers behind them) will do their best to eliminate that which is natural and right and replace it all with toxic intellectual constructs that do little but inspire apathy and stupidity. I think it's safe to say that most would be much better off without having their beliefs and worldview savagely raped by "science."

I have to wonder about people who force these "truths" on everyone. I think they secretly want to do something else.. It takes a particular kind of person to brutally force what they consider to be the truth down someones throat without any regard whatsoever for that person. Oh, and it is brutality. Just because the destruction it causes isn't easily visible doesn't mean it's not there. It really makes me wonder about the intention behind it all..

Klaatu_Nicto #169 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 18:45

Major

• Players
  • 44044 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Sep 27 2016 - 23:13, said:

View PostHiroe, on Sep 27 2016 - 22:42, said:

Today's news.

mattwong #170 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 19:44

Major

• Players
  • 30470 battles

View PostHiroe, on Sep 28 2016 - 10:15, said:

Now, if our universe were characterized by love and beauty that would be acceptable. It's not. It's characterized by black and empty space, cold and uncaring depths, and almost nothing, aside from a planet here or there, that would make a proper home for a human being. Knowing this, and simply being aware of the direction science continuously moves in, it is a safe guess that science will do little more than continue to uncover colder and darker "truths"; and these "truths" will do little more than inspire nihilism and hedonism in minds that can't handle them (most minds).

In other words, you dislike science because it tells you things that you can't deal with.  You would prefer pleasing fantasy over displeasing reality.

Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea #171 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 20:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 26397 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-

Okay... I'm old.  So, no [edited].

First thing's first...  There IS no such thing as 'the friend zone'.  Quite simply, either she sees you as a romantic interest, or she doesn't.  This is a very simple dynamic that guys/dudes/bros make a heck of a lot more complicated than it has to be.  You are either her friend, or you are not.  If you are her friend, then be her friend and keep your twig-n-berries tucked away for use at a later time with someone else.  You CAN be friends with the opposite sex without wanting to mount anything without a Y chromosome.

Second, If she likes you in a romantic way, she will let you know.  Do not let your hormones rob you of a lifelong friendship because 'things got weird', m'kay?  I have friends, who are lovely women; very attractive and all that, that I have known for over 30 years...  I've been invited to their weddings, they to mine, and when divorces happen, we console each other and hope that the next person is better...  But we just don't have that romantic chemistry, dig?

Their children and my daughter are friends, we root for the same football teams, drink similar beers; we just don't do anything romantic/sexual.  Such things can happen.  And my current partner totally gets along with these ladies too (when one reaches their 40s-50s, I don't reckon 'girlfriend' is a term one would care to use.  Partner seems better and saying 'lover' [sounds very romance novel-ly] seems both too personal and just... odd), so, yay for large circles of friends.

Now, I will mention that, as someone a few pages back posited, if she is using you to make her current boyfriend jealous, then run, do not walk, but run away from such juvenile behavior...  You don't want any part of that, platonic or romantic...

Decide and move on,

Beorn

xXx_Kolobanov_xXx #172 Posted Oct 05 2016 - 23:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9398 battles

View PostBeornotns, on Sep 28 2016 - 14:03, said:

First thing's first...  There IS no such thing as 'the friend zone'.  Quite simply, either she sees you as a romantic interest, or she doesn't.  This is a very simple dynamic that guys/dudes/bros make a heck of a lot more complicated than it has to be.  You are either her friend, or you are not.  If you are her friend, then be her friend and keep your twig-n-berries tucked away for use at a later time with someone else.  You CAN be friends with the opposite sex without wanting to mount anything without a Y chromosome.

Second, If she likes you in a romantic way, she will let you know.  Do not let your hormones rob you of a lifelong friendship because 'things got weird', m'kay?  I have friends, who are lovely women; very attractive and all that, that I have known for over 30 years...  I've been invited to their weddings, they to mine, and when divorces happen, we console each other and hope that the next person is better...  But we just don't have that romantic chemistry, dig?

Their children and my daughter are friends, we root for the same football teams, drink similar beers; we just don't do anything romantic/sexual.  Such things can happen.  And my current partner totally gets along with these ladies too (when one reaches their 40s-50s, I don't reckon 'girlfriend' is a term one would care to use.  Partner seems better and saying 'lover' [sounds very romance novel-ly] seems both too personal and just... odd), so, yay for large circles of friends.

Now, I will mention that, as someone a few pages back posited, if she is using you to make her current boyfriend jealous, then run, do not walk, but run away from such juvenile behavior...  You don't want any part of that, platonic or romantic...

Decide and move on,

Beorn

View PostBeornotns, on Sep 28 2016 - 14:03, said:

Decide and move on,

Beorn

Good advice

xXx_Kolobanov_xXx #173 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 01:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9398 battles
Bump

BaconMeLoveIt #174 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 03:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 14123 battles
  • [-STN-] -STN-

Proceed with caution. Don't expect anything though.

Seems like a honey trap from a girl who can't make up her mind.

P14Guy #175 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 05:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 53451 battles
You are her Back up Boyfriend, plan B, been there done that and it almost always ends up sucking big time.

Hiroe #176 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 06:54

Major

• Players
  • 13615 battles
write her a poem

yereverluvinunclebert #177 Posted Jan 12 2017 - 17:55

Major

• Players
  • 16641 battles
I've accidentally re-opened this most annoying of threads, or was it accidental, I'm unsure.

Edited by yereverluvinunclebert, Jan 12 2017 - 17:55.

xXx_Kolobanov_xXx #178 Posted Jan 12 2017 - 17:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9398 battles

View PostHiroe, on Nov 03 2016 - 00:54, said:

write her a poem

Been there done that I've left the poem on my breakfast table before leaving out to work and my family all read it :D isn't it perfect?

Hiroe #179 Posted Jan 13 2017 - 12:48

Major

• Players
  • 13615 battles

View PostMASUZU_NATSUKAWA, on Jan 12 2017 - 12:57, said:

Been there done that I've left the poem on my breakfast table before leaving out to work and my family all read it :D isn't it perfect?

wow that's messed up

xXx_Kolobanov_xXx #180 Posted Jan 13 2017 - 15:56

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9398 battles

View PostHiroe, on Jan 13 2017 - 06:48, said:

wow that's messed up

That's not messed up but it was really [edited]and she didn't really care about poems after a while anyway

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users