Zombie Apocalypse presented by Corsair

5v5 Zombie kills Gold Type 59

377 replies to this topic

Blaze_terror #61 Posted Sep 27 2016 - 20:22

Captain

• Players
  • 14406 battles

View PostBOT_Exo, on Sep 27 2016 - 13:07, said:

So how do I find out my tournament rating? If it's not premium I'm  not going to bother.

maybe Gosu Tactics .com 

Bullets_inc #62 Posted Sep 27 2016 - 20:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29278 battles
  • [MASH] MASH

View PostBOT_Exo, on Sep 27 2016 - 19:07, said:

So how do I find out my tournament rating? If it's not premium I'm  not going to bother.

it seems the only way to see your team ratings is after or during the tournament.

1. No, at this time the exact formula will not be posted. It was already mentioned that players will try to "game" the system.

2. Unfortunately, right now we don't have a way to show the ratings. 

Hyrule27 #63 Posted Sep 27 2016 - 22:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47688 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

Looking for a team to join for the Tier 8 - PM me in game if interested.

Hy

Rumbleghost #64 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 00:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 65783 battles
  • [BE] BE

View PostBombardier2, on Sep 27 2016 - 01:13, said:

WG BRING PEARL HARBOR MAP BACK!!!!!

Why remove such beautiful map and some others.

Pearl River?

BleedsWhenShot #65 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 01:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18989 battles

Why even separate the top teams from the bottom teams?

Sure it would make it easier on the bottom teams, but it was all up to RNG was at least fair MM.

The way this is going, this is just keeping the bottom teams on the bottom because they can't fight the top teams and learn from them, they'll just keep fighting the bottom teams until they are on the verge of going up to the next bracket and will just get horribly destroyed back down to the bottom bracket again.

With the RNG bracket, you would fight one or two top teams and have a chance of learning something.

-My personal op on the way tournies have been going, RIP skirmishes.

Edited by BleedsWhenShot, Sep 28 2016 - 01:37.

Jaspo #66 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 02:42

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31531 battles
  • [SLUGZ] SLUGZ

View Postjohnmadara, on Sep 27 2016 - 01:50, said:

"new" teams are solo people who que up for a team that is randomly put together by WG, it would basically be a random battle for gold. thats what I think it is anyways, could be

completely wrong

Attention tankers! We are introducing a tournament rating system, to assign teams to specific groups! This rating system will allow teams to face others at or around their rating level. Please see below for some important information.

• Each player has a rating based solely on tournament battles. The rating does not include random battles, team battles, clan wars or strongholds.
  • The system tracks tournament participation from March 2016 to the present. Any tournaments before March 2016 are not counted.
  • The team rating is the average rating from members of the team.
  • Teams in the Premium group will usually face other very experienced teams. The gold prizes for the Premium group are usually higher than the Standard or New Team groups.
  • A new team is a team with players who have never participated in a tournament or has only participated in a few tournaments.
  • A new team will only face other new teams.
  • After completing several tournament, a new team will be seeded into the Premium or Standard groups.

I read this section before posting my post, I posted what I did because, depending on how you read what is stated here, it doesn't definitively answer any of my questions. For example, take the statement,

"A new team is a team with players who have never participated in a tournament or has only participated in a few tournaments."

Perhaps we are meant to presume that this means that all players on the team have to not have a tournament rating, for it to be considered a new team, however, this statement doesn't actually specify that. As written, it could mean that any number of players on a team without a tournament rating will make that team a "new" team, even just one. Additionally, "a few tournaments" is incredibly vague, even moreso because different people use words like "couple" and "few" to mean very different quantities.

Chancellor23 #67 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 03:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42904 battles
Question I didn't see it ask yet.....So if you win one of the tanks offered and you already have it. do you get gold compensation in place of?

Drikan #68 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 15:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 19040 battles
  • [NET] NET

Webpage announcement says  10, 11, 12, 13, 15th, forum says 10, 11, 12, 13, 14th which is it?

Day 1: Tier IV

October 10, 18:30 PT / 20:30 ET

Day 2: Tier V

October 11, 18:30 PT / 20:30 ET

Day 3: Tier VI

October 12, 18:30 PT / 20:30 ET

Day 4: Tier VII

October 13, 18:30 PT / 20:30 ET

Day 5: Tier VIII

October 15, 18:30 PT / 20:30 ET

BajaJames #69 Posted Sep 28 2016 - 23:49

Captain

• Players
  • 75260 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT

View PostBleedsWhenShot, on Sep 28 2016 - 00:32, said:

Why even separate the top teams from the bottom teams?

Sure it would make it easier on the bottom teams, but it was all up to RNG was at least fair MM.

The way this is going, this is just keeping the bottom teams on the bottom because they can't fight the top teams and learn from them, they'll just keep fighting the bottom teams until they are on the verge of going up to the next bracket and will just get horribly destroyed back down to the bottom bracket again.

With the RNG bracket, you would fight one or two top teams and have a chance of learning something.

-My personal op on the way tournies have been going, RIP skirmishes.

kiddie pool?

Trombose #70 Posted Sep 29 2016 - 05:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 40679 battles

View Postdance210, on Sep 27 2016 - 10:00, said:

1. No, at this time the exact formula will not be posted. It was already mentioned that players will try to "game" the system.

2. Unfortunately, right now we don't have a way to show the ratings.

Gaming the system or not a list of everyone's rating should be posted, if a metric is being used to rank teams / players then it should be fully explained and the numbers should be posted, especially with a ranking system like this where there's not much point in gaming the system as if you tried you would earn way less than you would if you had stuck in your original bracket.

Also there is the problem of replacing people, what if I had to replace someone from my team for this tournament and I wanted to ensure that my team remained in the top bracket, I wouldn't have any way to know if the guy I am bringing onto the team would lower our average enough to move us down a bracket.

View Postdance210, on Sep 27 2016 - 10:00, said:

Several years ago, before I started working at WG, there was an ELO system for tournament teams. If I recall correctly, it actually worked pretty well and my team enjoyed it until it was removed. This system, however, is not an ELO system.

I believe what you are referring to was when we used a modified Swiss-system, which did not work very well based on how we tried to implement it. That wasn't actually a rating system that persists across tournaments, which is what this is intended to be.

The idea behind using a rating system to organize teams into groups/leagues/ladders is not new. Doing well in tournaments allows you to increase your rating and earn better prizes while facing teams around your level.

New teams will temporarily be in the New Team group and yes, for this specific tournament, they will receive lower gold amounts. However, that doesn't mean that in any/all future tournaments, the prizes will be lower for the newer teams.

I was around for the ELO system, and for the mid tournament ranking system that followed (where after the first night it pitted you against teams of around the same WR).

Both systems where bad in my opinion, ranking systems do nothing but drag down the better teams and drag up the worse teams.

You end up with good teams beating the crap out of each other and thus lowering their positions to below teams they would have utterly smashed had they not fought the best of the best constantly.

Fully random MM is the fairest for everyone.

Please do not bring back ranking systems to normal tournaments, it took the tournament community over a year of constant complaining to get rid of the last one, tournaments are on life support as it is right now.

Edited by ThinkingOfYou, Sep 29 2016 - 05:18.

bbarton #71 Posted Sep 30 2016 - 00:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 37193 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

Also looking for a team for all 5 days

Nordryn #72 Posted Sep 30 2016 - 03:51

Private

• Players
  • 20287 battles
  • [POW_] POW_

I most definitely agree with the statement that "tournaments are on life support right now." 

For me, tournaments took a nose dive off of a cliff back in July, when the tournament structures were changed, and make no mistake about it, they were changed for the worse.  All of a sudden, the gold rewards were significantly reduced, the groups of teams were made larger, and tournaments started to span longer periods of time.  In a nut shell, this meant more work for significantly less reward.  Also, after participating in several of these "platournaments" that were introduced, I noticed that the matchmaking for them was definitely NOT random.  The platournaments right now most definitely have some sort of rating system attached to them.  This has resulted in my team being placed in more competitive brackets vs nothing but other good teams.  It also pits lower rated teams vs other lower rated teams.  This means that  teams in more competitive brackets, consisting of veterans, are playing for the same rewards as brackets consisting of people who may have just downloaded the game.  To me, that was ridiculous.  That would be like making the rewards the same for bronze, silver, and gold leagues.  Hence, I stopped doing Platournaments.

The way the rewards for this zombie apocalypse tourney are being structured to offer more incentive toward teams that are put in more competitive brackets does not strike me as being a particularly bad thing.  However, the main problem I see with this rating system is the same problem I've had with wargaming for a long time.  NO TRANSPARENCY.  They are going to implement a new rating system, but not tell people how it functions because it could be potentially exploited, or that people could "game the system?"  That should tell you right there that this system is not a good idea.  Because this system could be exploited, you're going to take away people's ability to make informed decisions on selecting members for their team by not explaining how it works?  That is just silly.  This somewhat reminds me of when the Patton KR was released.  Wargaming announced that they were going to have a giveaway of tanks to people who fulfilled the eligibility requirements.  They did so without bothering to mention relevant information such as how many they were giving away or even listing the people who won them.  They did, however, fix that after enough people on the forums pointed that out.

The point here is that most people, particularly people who are good, like to know how things work.  They want to make themselves aware of the details regarding whatever activities that they are doing.  If you leave out information and take away their ability to do so, they are not going to like it, period.

mazda2284 #73 Posted Sep 30 2016 - 09:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 50084 battles
  • [AUDIO] AUDIO

View PostBOT_Exo, on Sep 27 2016 - 19:07, said:

dont bother , there is no way to find your rating and none of us would be sad if you didnt join , infact id be happier , leaves me more room to be rated higher . 

Naproxeno_ #74 Posted Sep 30 2016 - 14:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9158 battles
  • [HUMO] HUMO

View PostNordryn, on Sep 30 2016 - 02:51, said:

I most definitely agree with the statement that "tournaments are on life support right now." 

Is true. I was hoping FACEIT would be a good option.. but the low gold prizes and face the eclipse team all the 7vs7 tier 10... no way haha

Anyway dance make a great job working on tournaments. We all want more tournaments and more gold. (Bring back the premium days and skirmish haha)

Today there´s only one tournament for month that give good prizes, the rest... just for play and have fun, no good prizes.

Porthos__ #75 Posted Sep 30 2016 - 21:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 15654 battles
  • [SIX] SIX

Block Quote

• The team rating is the average rating from members of the team.
  • Teams in the Premium group will usually face other very experienced teams. The gold prizes for the Premium group are usually higher than the Standard or New Team groups.
  • A new team is a team with players who have never participated in a tournament or has only participated in a few tournaments.
  • A new team will only face other new teams.

Why is this so hard to understand?

"New teams" = All players are new (by whatever metric WG uses to determine who is deemed "new". )

"Team rating is the average rating from members of the team" = If you put unicums on your team, you're not gonna have a "new team", since he will skew the average and you will prolly fall under "Standard" team (which I think will be 80% of the teams TBH).

This is actually a good thing. Previous tournaments I've seen, you didn't even bother to get in, because you knew there are a few elite teams that are gonna fight for the prize and the rest of the teams are just raw meat for them (aka warm up games). Not saying good players don't deserve their prizes, just that it does discourage others to get in.

As for the prizes:

Sure, give a 44%WR player :child: the same chance to win the Type 59 as the 65%WR player :justwait:.

This is a TOURNAMENT, not a darn LOTTO draw. :facepalm:

You want a prize? EARN IT! (or die trying :hiding:)

As for WG:

The one thing I never understood is ppl that do nothing but bash WG and WoT, complain about everything (arty, maps, rules, game mechanics, MM, you name it!) yet they have 60k battles and are still playing.

You guys do realize no one is forcing you to play right? You are free to go anytime you want. I'm pretty sure the game will still be there long after you leave.

As for learning from better players:

IMHO, tournaments are not meant for that purpose. You have other means to do that. 

I would love to see some of you guys fighting Mike Tyson (back at his ole good days) and say: "Hey! The only way to learn box is to fight and learn from better boxers".

If I gater a team of players with the same skill level of myself, and we fight a team from BULBA/SIMP/RELIC, etc. We would die so effing fast that NOTHING would be learned from it. We would barely have enough time to gather our panties.

I'm better off watching videos of good players on YouTube. This is the way I've learned the most.

Edited by MrPooperShooter, Sep 30 2016 - 21:14.

Guest_EL_MIG_* #76 Posted Oct 01 2016 - 06:13

Looking for a team, Im able to do all days. I have the tanks , crews.  And  have experience playing as a team member. i can fallow direction and react to different situations. 

If interested send me a message or look me up in game.

Edited by EL_MIG, Oct 01 2016 - 06:14.

Match86 #77 Posted Oct 04 2016 - 01:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20448 battles
  • [HUSLN] HUSLN

Ello all. We are looking for 2 good players that would be available all 5 days of the tourney.  Name of team is Anti-Zombie Rascals( http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000383/team/1000135135/ ;).  We have ts and a caller.  Please PM myself or atlas32 for the pw.  

Thanks much for your time and consideration,

Atlas_Jr and Atlas32

Guest_ICKI_Manolo17_* #78 Posted Oct 05 2016 - 01:40

Looking for a strong team for all 5 days, have tournament exp and also play in silver league... pls pm if anyone has any openings

ICKI_MANOLO17

johnmadara #79 Posted Oct 05 2016 - 04:55

Major

• Players
  • 31504 battles

View PostThambry, on Sep 27 2016 - 05:48, said:

not top 40% teams - but top 40% of 'zombie' kills.

You have to be in the top 6 of a group on a day to even get any zombie kills. All the reward tanks will be distributed amongst the top teams who already were top 6 and won gold. Unless you are a top player, you will get nothing.

if you cant get top 6 (probably out of 8) in 5 different days then you dont deserve to get anything 

jm404k #80 Posted Oct 05 2016 - 21:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17640 battles
Looking for a team. I can bring any tank required and will be there everyday. I can call if needed. PM in game or on forums. Thank you

Edited by jm404k, Oct 05 2016 - 21:51.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users