Why did Rohan pull off the t-6 map

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

The_Fabulous_Mr_Mocoman #21 Posted Sep 30 2016 - 22:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8178 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
Because farming land is mostly pointless? tier 10 map is worth less then the tier 8 of last season, the tier 8 is worth less then the tier 6 of last season, and tier 6 gold income is more of a joke then ever. Unless you are a top 5 clan, farming is not really a realistic option, so you might as well have fun, pull off the map and get some fights.

Fulcrous #22 Posted Sep 30 2016 - 23:05

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28120 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

To fight the dark power of the east.

flatstiger69 #23 Posted Sep 30 2016 - 23:25

Major

• Players
  • 51247 battles
  • [TEXAS] TEXAS

View PostGermanMade, on Sep 30 2016 - 12:32, said:

Can someone explain why there is T6 CWs?    I still can't figure it out.

Neither can W.o.T.

cloudwalkr #24 Posted Oct 01 2016 - 01:18

Major

• Players
  • 51437 battles
  • [FUSON] FUSON

View PostKahduu, on Sep 30 2016 - 20:31, said:

In the end once you've clubbed all the seals you'll have no one to play with, have wasted your money and time.. One would have hoped that t-6 was the bottom of the ladder's if you will. A place for new clans to get their feet wet and get the juices flowing to improve. But as we know that's not how it works in wot. You have to just close your eyes and think of your happy place while people not willing to move up ra[ you game after game. I guess having lost to them my real wonder is why did you even bother.. You kept other newer clans from even trying to just bail the map. Props to Grasschopper's reply huge respect for you now!

This is because the thinking behind "tier 6 will teach you how to clan wars" is completely wrong.  So clans go and learn low tier spam with no thought and then try to fight a clan that's been doing high tier stuff and knows the meta there and they get face rolled.  It's not seal clubbing if you're a seal.

KING_Sam #25 Posted Oct 01 2016 - 15:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19493 battles

View PostGrasschopper, on Sep 30 2016 - 19:02, said:

Can someone explain why these elitists come into lower tier CW threads and make fun of the participants of tier 6?  If you guys all think it's worthless then why did you even look at the thread?

Tier 6 CW is here for clans like the OP that want to fight in an organized fashion against other teams doing the same.  Unlike SH battles you're playing for something...yeah the gold is small but they still can feel a sense of accomplishment by holding some land.

We started at tier 6.  Got boring and we moved to tier 8.  Well after doing pretty well on tier 8 we have decided to do a few battles on the baddie tier 10 map.  The locks are so long it's no wonder there's not more fighting in the tier 10 CW maps.  Unless you have a very large active playerbase in your clan then you just can't do tier 10 as your tanks will lock up fast.

Alright, here is a good reason. Tier VI is a stepping stone it was designed to move players up and get ready for tier X. The problem here is that it is not doing its job. It's just not moving people up, you can try and tell me otherwise but it's just not true. Yes, you guys moved up but you are an outlier.

Also elitist? IMO you dropped the ball there. We elite do not want to control society. We want people to come and challenge the society. Clan Wars is based on fighting but it is really hard to even attempt to challenge what you call elite. We want you to come and win. So we can have fun. Some of the biggest and oldest clans started with nothing and it came down to holding one province of the map for 20 days. Even after losing all their other provinces they held one. With that statement, I start another discussion. The tier VI and tier VIII mindset currently when participating on the tier X map is if we lose to these guys we do not try again. We just go back to tier VI or VIII. Once again we see another the problem at Tier VI and VIII. If you think you are ready to fight in tier X, do it. Don't give up. 

We look at the thread because we want to remind people it is not about Tier VI clan wars to prove yourself. It is about Tier X and yes the locks may be long but like silver's said we have 5-6 tanks in Tier Xs. It's also a strategy to fight the war of attrition. For smaller clans, not known clans, looking to prove themselves it's difficult.  That is why the top tier X have between 10 and 20. 

Hellsfog #26 Posted Oct 01 2016 - 15:31

Major

• Players
  • 30526 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View PostKING_Sam, on Oct 01 2016 - 09:01, said:

Alright, here is a good reason. Tier VI is a stepping stone it was designed to move players up and get ready for tier X. The problem here is that it is not doing its job. It's just not moving people up, you can try and tell me otherwise but it's just not true. Yes, you guys moved up but you are an outlier.

Also elitist? IMO you dropped the ball there. We elite do not want to control society. We want people to come and challenge the society. Clan Wars is based on fighting but it is really hard to even attempt to challenge what you call elite. We want you to come and win. So we can have fun. Some of the biggest and oldest clans started with nothing and it came down to holding one province of the map for 20 days. Even after losing all their other provinces they held one. With that statement, I start another discussion. The tier VI and tier VIII mindset currently when participating on the tier X map is if we lose to these guys we do not try again. We just go back to tier VI or VIII. Once again we see another the problem at Tier VI and VIII. If you think you are ready to fight in tier X, do it. Don't give up. 

We look at the thread because we want to remind people it is not about Tier VI clan wars to prove yourself. It is about Tier X and yes the locks may be long but like silver's said we have 5-6 tanks in Tier Xs. It's also a strategy to fight the war of attrition. For smaller clans, not known clans, looking to prove themselves it's difficult.  That is why the top tier X have between 10 and 20. 

Hard to argue with that. 

Georgietheprincess #27 Posted Oct 04 2016 - 00:02

Captain

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 34368 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostGrasschopper, on Sep 30 2016 - 14:02, said:

The locks are so long it's no wonder there's not more fighting in the tier 10 CW maps.  Unless you have a very large active playerbase in your clan then you just can't do tier 10 as your tanks will lock up fast.

Lock time has 0 impact on why no one fights at tier 10. No one fights at tier 10 because:

There are 4 separate maps

no encounter mechanic creates too many simultaneous battles

No artificial cap on divisions

Being off map is stronger than being on map

their is nothing to fight over

geography consists of a giant blob

Lack of clans at tier 10 to actually cause fighting

Insane workload for officers to manage map during a conflict

WG has united all clans against a common enemy, wg

a dozen other things I'm not going to list because I've already made my point

Edited by Georgietheprincess, Oct 04 2016 - 00:03.

RECON_RANGER #28 Posted Oct 18 2016 - 18:54

Captain

• Players
  • 30180 battles

View PostGrasschopper, on Sep 30 2016 - 20:02, said:

Can someone explain why these elitists come into lower tier CW threads and make fun of the participants of tier 6?  If you guys all think it's worthless then why did you even look at the thread?

Tier 6 CW is here for clans like the OP that want to fight in an organized fashion against other teams doing the same.  Unlike SH battles you're playing for something...yeah the gold is small but they still can feel a sense of accomplishment by holding some land.

We started at tier 6.  Got boring and we moved to tier 8.  Well after doing pretty well on tier 8 we have decided to do a few battles on the baddie tier 10 map.  The locks are so long it's no wonder there's not more fighting in the tier 10 CW maps.  Unless you have a very large active playerbase in your clan then you just can't do tier 10 as your tanks will lock up fast.

Elitists????

U mean little boys who r gd clickers on a video game that knowones ever heard of and then need, NEED, to brag about it.  Thats why they come on these threads, to brag about their "stats".

RECON_RANGER #29 Posted Oct 18 2016 - 18:58

Captain

• Players
  • 30180 battles

View PostGeorgietheprincess, on Oct 04 2016 - 00:02, said:

Lock time has 0 impact on why no one fights at tier 10. No one fights at tier 10 because:

There are 4 separate maps

no encounter mechanic creates too many simultaneous battles

No artificial cap on divisions

Being off map is stronger than being on map

their is nothing to fight over

geography consists of a giant blob

Lack of clans at tier 10 to actually cause fighting

Insane workload for officers to manage map during a conflict

WG has united all clans against a common enemy, wg

a dozen other things I'm not going to list because I've already made my point

I thought u quit the game (cw's, pubs, tourneys) like 19 times already?????

CWs is a bigger cancer than pubs.  Its really saying something that id rather play pubs than cws. 

Edited by RECON_RANGER, Oct 18 2016 - 19:01.

SovietMemeBear #30 Posted Oct 18 2016 - 20:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19298 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Oct 18 2016 - 17:54, said:

Elitists????

U mean little boys who r gd clickers on a video game that knowones ever heard of and then need, NEED, to brag about it.  Thats why they come on these threads, to brag about their "stats".

Did your prescription run out?

Georgietheprincess #31 Posted Oct 19 2016 - 03:49

Captain

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 34368 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Oct 18 2016 - 12:58, said:

I thought u quit the game (cw's, pubs, tourneys) like 19 times already?????

CWs is a bigger cancer than pubs.  Its really saying something that id rather play pubs than cws. 

I don't know who you are, or why you think I've quit the game repeatedly. Thank you for adding your own personal brand of autism to this thread.

Edited by Georgietheprincess, Oct 19 2016 - 03:50.

roten1 #32 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 03:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30156 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D

they pulled off the map to start a tier 8 clan for the 5th campaign they will be back but they are running 6 and 8

roten1 #33 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 04:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30156 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D
you guys posting crap about why they pulled don't even have a clue what ur talking about,they didn't want the rohan stats to drop without key players who were hitting the tier 8 map ROHAN is still a fully functioning clan and will be running tier6 and tier 8,dont spew crap unless you know what ur talking about.:facepalm:

Edited by roten1, Jan 06 2017 - 04:01.

Yankee #34 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 04:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 33458 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Thanks for the update.

Dogbeast #35 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 05:26

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18396 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postroten1, on Jan 05 2017 - 19:00, said:

you guys posting crap about why they pulled don't even have a clue what ur talking about,they didn't want the rohan stats to drop without key players who were hitting the tier 8 map ROHAN is still a fully functioning clan and will be running tier6 and tier 8,dont spew crap unless you know what ur talking about.:facepalm:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users