2016 year of fixes patch 9.14 9.15 9.16

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

youzernayme #1 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 00:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 31418 battles
  • [CSSF-] CSSF-

I was under the impression that 2016 was the year WG was going to fix and clean up the game, not focus on content. If you look back at the patches for 2016 (9.14-9.16) you'll notice that a lot of the notes are just adding new features. We've been getting mods turned to vanilla, new premiums, a whole new tank line, and new UI. Don't get me wrong, a lot of that is nice. But when the hell is WG going to FIX the game?

Artillery is STILL broken, if my memory serves me well, emblems and inscriptions were supposed to boost crew stats WAAAYYYY back when FV4202 was changed to Cent AX, tanks going invisible in open fields is still a thing, and map rotations? I haven't seen Kharkov in weeks, hardly see Stalingrad. All I ever get is Serene Coast, Swamp, the map with the swamp in the middle and the TD cliff on south side on assault mode whatever that one is called, and Malinovka. "Theres over 40 maps" How many of those are re-skins?

The closest thing to a fix in 2016 was fixing the physics so that tanks didn't flip so easily or take as much damage from falls,I'll be honest that was a needed and welcome fix. Global chat fix? Don't make me laugh... that issue had a simple fix: Turn off your darn chat! Honestly, it's the internet... if you can't handle being called names, why are you here? I almost never saw positions being given away in 22k worth of games. 

Come on WG... I know you're a company so you need to make money so you release premiums constantly.... but if you say you're going to fix the game... please do it! I've invested too much time and money into this game to uninstall so all I can do is complain.

madogthefirst #2 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 00:50

Major

• Players
  • 23687 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
:popcorn:

President_John_H_Eden #3 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 01:03

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3703 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
This game is garbage and removing all chat was just a method to protect the reds that play arty.

Kamahl1234 #4 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 01:24

Major

• Players
  • 18393 battles

The option to turn off chat isn't a solution to the issues WG is trying to address. It only hindered yourself from knowing if things like teammates telling the enemy where you are. You'd be completely unaware of it. 

youzernayme #5 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 01:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 31418 battles
  • [CSSF-] CSSF-

View PostKamahl1234, on Oct 07 2016 - 01:24, said:

The option to turn off chat isn't a solution to the issues WG is trying to address. It only hindered yourself from knowing if things like teammates telling the enemy where you are. You'd be completely unaware of it. 

What difference does it make if you know they gave away your position or not? Either way you're going to be found and likely killed. "You could be better prepared." I've heard said. Like I said, what difference does it make? Chances are you'll get one shot off before you're dead. Two if you're lucky or have a good RoF.

Kamahl1234 #6 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 01:52

Major

• Players
  • 18393 battles

View Postyouzernayme, on Oct 07 2016 - 00:29, said:

What difference does it make if you know they gave away your position or not? Either way you're going to be found and likely killed. "You could be better prepared." I've heard said. Like I said, what difference does it make? Chances are you'll get one shot off before you're dead. Two if you're lucky or have a good RoF.

The difference it makes is that it throws away the chances of winning due to surprising and ambushing. It can easily ruin games.

Thinking like this is you losing before the battle is over, and is often called defeatism. 

When it comes down to the wire, little things can make a pretty big impact. Numbers only matter if they stick together.

youzernayme #7 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 02:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 31418 battles
  • [CSSF-] CSSF-

View PostKamahl1234, on Oct 07 2016 - 01:52, said:

The difference it makes is that it throws away the chances of winning due to surprising and ambushing. It can easily ruin games.

Thinking like this is you losing before the battle is over, and is often called defeatism. 

When it comes down to the wire, little things can make a pretty big impact. Numbers only matter if they stick together.

Fair enough. However, if the report system actually WORKED, people would be deterred from giving positions away and being pricks in chat. Global chat never needed to be fixed. WG's report system did. They don't do anything about it so this was the easy way out. That's what frustrates me. As you could tell, I was a fan of global chat. I believe part of playing a multiplayer game is being able to communicate with other players. I can see the reasoning as to why it was removed, but it just wasn't broken. The whole point of my post is that WG isn't fixing anything. They release content, hoping that people won't notice, and it seems to be working. When they admit that parts of the game are broken and they are going to address it, you expect them to do something about it.

panzerkampfwagen9991 #8 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 02:19

Captain

• Players
  • 26616 battles
  • [NICO] NICO
This wasn't the year of the fixes. It was the year of the premium tanks :coin:

youzernayme #9 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 02:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 31418 battles
  • [CSSF-] CSSF-

View Postpanzerkampfwagen9991, on Oct 07 2016 - 02:19, said:

This wasn't the year of the fixes. It was the year of the premium tanks :coin:

No kidding... since January 2016: M46 KR, Pz. 58 Mutz, AC1 Sentinel, Turan III, VK 45.03, Pz. III K, AC 4 Experimental, Rhm. Skorpion, T-44-100, Strv m/42-57. That doesn't include all the sales for tanks that were removed, for example: the Berlin Quartet went on sale at least once this year. Many of these tanks were sold at various times throughout the year.

Kamahl1234 #10 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 04:12

Major

• Players
  • 18393 battles

View Postyouzernayme, on Oct 07 2016 - 01:09, said:

Fair enough. However, if the report system actually WORKED, people would be deterred from giving positions away and being pricks in chat. Global chat never needed to be fixed. WG's report system did. They don't do anything about it so this was the easy way out. That's what frustrates me. As you could tell, I was a fan of global chat. I believe part of playing a multiplayer game is being able to communicate with other players. I can see the reasoning as to why it was removed, but it just wasn't broken. The whole point of my post is that WG isn't fixing anything. They release content, hoping that people won't notice, and it seems to be working. When they admit that parts of the game are broken and they are going to address it, you expect them to do something about it.

The report system works. It's a misconception that it doesn't (largely due to lack of feedback). The mechanism itself works, but it doesn't yeild results due to the catch 22 of people thinking it doesn't, as people have the belief that it doesn't work.

WG has been fixing things. I do hope you see this, as just because the specific things you want fixed (and many do) haven't been. And a few you listed were addressed. 

Let me list off what I can here: 

Artillery -

I could make a long proper explanation of the current events, but here's the jist. Arty is one of the core mechanics. Changing a core mechanic isn't a easy thing, as you can easily make it worse. WG has previewed one of their ideas in the sandbox. This being much lower damage, better accuracy, much lower HE pen, only HE (can't remember if it even had a premium HE). They also tested a "stun" mechanic. All of these resulted in some pretty dramatic changes to how artillery interacted with the game. (Oh also had the battle assistant view).  More or less this isn't something easy to do, and how to even attempt to address it is a long process in of itself. Unfortunately reworking a class like this is a long process .:/

Inscriptions & Emblems - 

The bonuses are cancelled. Largely due to outcry of it being both P2W, and would hamper players who already have these things, but the bonuses not being competitive on the tanks, requiring players to change theirs at personal cost. So it's not going to happen (and nor should it). 

Tanks going invisible-

This would mean they're out of spotting range now. We just had the spotting system update, and if anything it's working too well as bushes are bugged so people get spotted while using them for camo cover. (patch tomorrow will address)

Map rotations -

Another rather complex issue, or at least more complex on servers like NA with comparatively low populations. Only issue you listed where we haven't heard any updates in ~1 year. 

We've had many improvements on this game in the past year (which still isn't over, so at least 1 more patch this year). Spotting is possibly the biggest and most overdue, as it has been a problem since alpha. (Arty somewhat, but it was attempted a few times before). We've also had numerous upgrades to the game engine resulting in myself over time creeping up from ~70 fps to ~93 fps. As well as the sound engine improvements to the UI, we've had a lot of other aspects of the game worked on and improved. 

So I'd say it's rather misguided to say WG isn't working on things, or addressing things. Just some things take longer than others. 

Edited by Kamahl1234, Oct 07 2016 - 04:13.

youzernayme #11 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 04:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 31418 battles
  • [CSSF-] CSSF-

View PostKamahl1234, on Oct 07 2016 - 04:12, said:

The report system works. It's a misconception that it doesn't (largely due to lack of feedback). The mechanism itself works, but it doesn't yeild results due to the catch 22 of people thinking it doesn't, as people have the belief that it doesn't work.

WG has been fixing things. I do hope you see this, as just because the specific things you want fixed (and many do) haven't been. And a few you listed were addressed. 

Let me list off what I can here: 

Artillery -

I could make a long proper explanation of the current events, but here's the jist. Arty is one of the core mechanics. Changing a core mechanic isn't a easy thing, as you can easily make it worse. WG has previewed one of their ideas in the sandbox. This being much lower damage, better accuracy, much lower HE pen, only HE (can't remember if it even had a premium HE). They also tested a "stun" mechanic. All of these resulted in some pretty dramatic changes to how artillery interacted with the game. (Oh also had the battle assistant view).  More or less this isn't something easy to do, and how to even attempt to address it is a long process in of itself. Unfortunately reworking a class like this is a long process .:/

Inscriptions & Emblems - 

The bonuses are cancelled. Largely due to outcry of it being both P2W, and would hamper players who already have these things, but the bonuses not being competitive on the tanks, requiring players to change theirs at personal cost. So it's not going to happen (and nor should it). 

Tanks going invisible-

This would mean they're out of spotting range now. We just had the spotting system update, and if anything it's working too well as bushes are bugged so people get spotted while using them for camo cover. (patch tomorrow will address)

Map rotations -

Another rather complex issue, or at least more complex on servers like NA with comparatively low populations. Only issue you listed where we haven't heard any updates in ~1 year. 

We've had many improvements on this game in the past year (which still isn't over, so at least 1 more patch this year). Spotting is possibly the biggest and most overdue, as it has been a problem since alpha. (Arty somewhat, but it was attempted a few times before). We've also had numerous upgrades to the game engine resulting in myself over time creeping up from ~70 fps to ~93 fps. As well as the sound engine improvements to the UI, we've had a lot of other aspects of the game worked on and improved. 

So I'd say it's rather misguided to say WG isn't working on things, or addressing things. Just some things take longer than others. 

I don't doubt that it's not easy to re-balance an entire class... but I mean they've known it's been an issue for a while. As for the emblems... thank you. I hadn't heard anything related to them since the whole thing was supposed to happen. The spotting system.., well its aggravating when a KV-4 somehow disappears in the middle of an open field when I'm 60-100m away. These are just some of my gripes. I could probably name other topics that are controversial, but I'll leave that to others. I'll be honest I completely forgot the sand box server was a thing, so it was a good thing you reminded me. I guess when I originally posted this, I was just so blinded by rage, especially at the removal of global chat... that really got to me, Anyway... thanks for your constructive input, I'm willing to accept defeat here.

madogthefirst #12 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 05:31

Major

• Players
  • 23687 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

View Postyouzernayme, on Oct 06 2016 - 17:34, said:

No kidding... since January 2016: M46 KR, Pz. 58 Mutz, AC1 Sentinel, Turan III, VK 45.03, Pz. III K, AC 4 Experimental, Rhm. Skorpion, T-44-100, Strv m/42-57. That doesn't include all the sales for tanks that were removed, for example: the Berlin Quartet went on sale at least once this year. Many of these tanks were sold at various times throughout the year.

For a while there the Berlin tanks were going on sale every other month.

T_Bo #13 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 14:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37853 battles
  • [REJEX] REJEX
Face it, this game has been on life support for some time now, WGing is really only interested in pumping out new premium tanks to sell; one OP'ed premium after another, to keep the new money flowing into their bank account.  Balancing the game or older tanks, fixing MM and sky cancer, gold ammo balancing, new maps, basically any major changes that would be free to players and benefit gameplay won't be addressed.

youzernayme #14 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 14:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 31418 battles
  • [CSSF-] CSSF-

View PostT_Bo, on Oct 07 2016 - 14:36, said:

Face it, this game has been on life support for some time now, WGing is really only interested in pumping out new premium tanks to sell; one OP'ed premium after another, to keep the new money flowing into their bank account.  Balancing the game or older tanks, fixing MM and sky cancer, gold ammo balancing, new maps, basically any major changes that would be free to players and benefit gameplay won't be addressed.

As Mr. Kamahl1234 said above, the sand box server (which I made no mention of in my original post because I forgot about it) was testing new artillery mechanics, which is arguably one of the most broken mechanic in the game. Whether or not these mechanics are ever in place remains to be seen. MM and premium ammo were two of the issues I chose not to point out because along with arty... they been pointed out multiple times. Personally though... I find AW's ammunition system to be fantastic, or perhaps do what was done with the SU-100Y ammo and HESH where premium has LESS pen but more damage. MM? Skill based naturally...new maps? yeah...preferably not all city/corridor maps. But I digress. The point Kamahl1234 was making is that some of these changes are in progress. 

As for the premium tanks... yeah its getting ridiculous... I thought they were supposed to be not as good as standard VIIIs but be good in one certain category. Skorpion G.... well we all know that it doesn't exactly excel in ONE area... The T-44-100... As an owner of on... I'll try not to sound too biased... but it IS almost EXACTLY the same as the standard. Not OP in anyway... but not different enough...

Also tagged with 2016, year, of, fixes, patch, 9.14, 9.15, 9.16

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users