I have to really say that 9.16 has been rather good patch over all.

9.16 patch good and bad features

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

E25_Syndrome_Aito #1 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 22:33

Major

• Players
  • 61310 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

I think that wargaming did relatively nice work with this patch over all.

+ I really like this new interface ( <-- possible Engrish ) it is absolutely beautiful and extremely informative.

~ I was bit scared that people take too much blinds and hit them with these new indicators however,

but turns out that it is still quite hard to put accurate shots in with just that so nothing of value was being lost.

+ Adding your own sound as 6th sense was also very great change ( not like you can't do this with mods etc, but I don't want to use Fmod or such to add more personal sound )

I have high hopes for the WG to add more easier possibilities for the players to '' mod the game yourself '' fwith the settings like this.

+ New interface also allowed me to not install XVM this patch, I don't think that I need it that much anymore as Wargamings version of the DMG received/done blog is top notch in quality.

As they are bringing the famous and liked features to the game in higher quality, people do not need those known mods that much anymore and I will only instal my personal customization  mods.

- Bad thing from the patch seems to be this loss of the chat as the only person I play this game with was the type to blabber in chat and he doesn't like to play WoT as much anymore with this    loss.  I myself like to focus on the game play more with occasional blabber in chat, but ah well.

- I was also hoping to see some Finnish emblems as I saw that Wargaming gave some Swedish emblems ( nordic ) in this patch, but I am sad to see that they did not add any of those,

I still find adding some Finnish material to the game high in priority.

+ I also want to add that the new 100mm gun sounds are wonderful and high in quality.

- Map rotation needs improvements however as I am yet to see the Paris map myself and would like to see if it is just another corridor map.

I have high hopes for Wargaming to take this game in better direction as it seems that this patch has been quite good so far.

+ The new styles of the minimaps are also great in quality and very informative.

+The vehicle comparison in garage is also excellent feature to Finally bring in the game itself ( lacking some information how ever )

+Oh, and the new spotting system is a lot more better than the old version.

Posts so far have been quite negative about this patch, but I want to bring up positive sides there are quite a lot of them.

Quality of the game play is getting up rather nicely and I like this fact myself.

Gasai

Hellvor_ #2 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 22:37

Captain

• Players
  • 28303 battles
Reported.

baymbaym #3 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 22:49

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 24384 battles
The interface is really the only nice change for me only b/c a lot of people won't use xvm anymore. I consider this to be a joke of a patch, Paris is an 11 month old map, it was removed b/c of the ISIS paris attacks, and the global chat change makes the game feel more lonely, and more toxic in between my own team

E25_Syndrome_Aito #4 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 23:01

Major

• Players
  • 61310 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View PostKruggWulf, on Oct 07 2016 - 21:37, said:

Reported.

I see, my thanks for constructive reply there.

PrinzEugen85 #5 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 23:06

Major

• Players
  • 34112 battles
  • [CANIS] CANIS
I'm not too sure what to make of it myself, but it certainly isn't bad. The sound improvements, the skirts on my Pz3/4, etc. I'll be honest and say the green teams chat was a lot more toxic than reds "o7".

Cygnus610 #6 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 23:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43823 battles
  • [FISH-] FISH-
I agree, I really like this patch as well.   I have only been to Paris once in 79 games so far.

E25_Syndrome_Aito #7 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 23:12

Major

• Players
  • 61310 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View PostPrinzEugen85, on Oct 07 2016 - 22:06, said:

I'm not too sure what to make of it myself, but it certainly isn't bad. The sound improvements, the skirts on my Pz3/4, etc. I'll be honest and say the green teams chat was a lot more toxic than reds "o7".

Did not add it, but WG is doing wonderful Job with the HD modesl as well.

Panzers are beautiful like they should be.

View PostCygnus610, on Oct 07 2016 - 22:10, said:

I agree, I really like this patch as well.   I have only been to Paris once in 79 games so far.

Rotation needs some work...

Doomslinger #8 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 23:18

Major

• Players
  • 72273 battles
I have noticed that the spotting system works better with a tank appearing as soon as it enters the open instead of a tank just magically de-cloaking like they did before the patch. Also, tanks that you are viewing at longer ranges seem to move smoother now compared to before and its easier to track tanks if you need to make a longer range shot. The gun sounds are slightly better now and the 100 mm gun on the OIexp sounds much better than it did before. The new indicators that flash on screen are nice and the damage logs are nice. I think the next things they should add are for zooming. Add a setting to change the zoom levels to custom numbers as you zoom in and add the setting to allow you to set a default zoom level as you enter sniper view. 

Edited by Doomslinger, Oct 07 2016 - 23:20.

bluenose711 #9 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 23:20

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 57684 battles
  • [BNOT] BNOT

Seems to be a good patch except for the reworked minimaps, with there different shades of brown they look like pictures of diarrhea and poop in various stages of disarray. Very little practical use.

E25_Syndrome_Aito #10 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 23:22

Major

• Players
  • 61310 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View Postbluenose711, on Oct 07 2016 - 22:20, said:

Seems to be a good patch except for the reworked minimaps, with there different shades of brown they look like pictures of diarrhea and poop in various stages of disarray. Very little practical use.

Have you ever heard from the saying '' less is more '' ? Turns out that those are very informative as is.

A lot better in my opinion now.

MetalTao #11 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 23:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17865 battles
  • [TRAPS] TRAPS

View PostGasai__Yuno, on Oct 07 2016 - 23:22, said:

Have you ever heard from the saying '' less is more '' ? Turns out that those are very informative as is.

A lot better in my opinion now.

They are both simpler and more complex and I enjoy them. 
There are the black striped "inaccessible" locations (Tho thatmay be a misnomer) and then, high areas of the map have slightly brighter floor colors and darker has darker floor colors. Almost liek a gradient... My only qualm is itshould be morepronouncedand obvious. Most people missit. 

RF_Van #12 Posted Oct 07 2016 - 23:56

Major

• Players
  • 11217 battles

View PostDoomslinger, on Oct 07 2016 - 14:18, said:

I have noticed that the spotting system works better with a tank appearing as soon as it enters the open instead of a tank just magically de-cloaking like they did before the patch. Also, tanks that you are viewing at longer ranges seem to move smoother now compared to before and its easier to track tanks if you need to make a longer range shot. The gun sounds are slightly better now and the 100 mm gun on the OIexp sounds much better than it did before. The new indicators that flash on screen are nice and the damage logs are nice. I think the next things they should add are for zooming. Add a setting to change the zoom levels to custom numbers as you zoom in and add the setting to allow you to set a default zoom level as you enter sniper view. 

agreed...liking the new damage counter.  I was thinking that about 75% of my previous mods are now in the vanilla client. Just add zoom WG...and auto aim assist too please (I know I know, its a lazy man's mod, but its such a nice convenience at times), and then we are there....no more mods required.

E25_Syndrome_Aito #13 Posted Oct 08 2016 - 00:04

Major

• Players
  • 61310 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View PostRF_Van, on Oct 07 2016 - 22:56, said:

Just add zoom WG...and auto aim assist too please (I know I know, its a lazy man's mod, but its such a nice convenience at times), and then we are there....no more mods required.

25x Zoom is already in the game ( settings ) and my opinion from the whole auto aim is that it should be removed.

Autoaim indication+ however gives  massive advantage over vanilla players, almost unfair.

RF_Van #14 Posted Oct 08 2016 - 00:58

Major

• Players
  • 11217 battles

View PostGasai__Yuno, on Oct 07 2016 - 15:04, said:

25x Zoom is already in the game ( settings ) and my opinion from the whole auto aim is that it should be removed.

Autoaim indication+ however gives  massive advantage over vanilla players, almost unfair.

yeah, thanks for the tip about the zoom, I just enabled it now....I would disagree though that the auto aim assist is a "massive" advantage. Its convenient, but not massively so.

Edited by RF_Van, Oct 08 2016 - 01:01.

E25_Syndrome_Aito #15 Posted Oct 08 2016 - 11:02

Major

• Players
  • 61310 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View PostRF_Van, on Oct 07 2016 - 23:58, said:

yeah, thanks for the tip about the zoom, I just enabled it now....I would disagree though that the auto aim assist is a "massive" advantage. Its convenient, but not massively so.

You can disagree with that fact, but that is just how it is.

It provides insane advantage over vanilla players and you know it.

aethervox #16 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 08:56

Major

• Players
  • 27006 battles
  • [PFLL] PFLL

I would not say, Gasai Yuno, that these changes have made the Game 'better', not as much as you anyway.

Yes, a number of things are improved, however, removing the ability to chat to the enemy team is a big reverse, a big stupidity on WG's part.

Nor has WG done anything to 'balance' team compositions (ie: where there are blatantly unfair class numbers eg: 4 Hvies to 7 Hvies as an example).

Nor has WG made any serious effort to add new maps to the game (one new one, Paris, does not cut it) nor even to repair & return any of the removed maps.

Nor do I care or want any of the continual rental garbage, nor any new premium vehicle - I want an Italian and Swedish vehicle grind tech tree.

HD models are nice for those computers that can handle that, however, I'd more prefer brand new content - like the above tech trees and many more brand new maps.

E25_Syndrome_Aito #17 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 15:55

Major

• Players
  • 61310 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND
The changes are absolutely fine as is.

Siege_Engine #18 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 16:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11501 battles

I'm enjoying the new upgrade.  Like the changes.  Only see positives, no negatives. 

Glad to see a new map, also!   Would like to see even more new maps.  Playing on different maps keeps things fresh. 

Keep up the good work WOT !!!

SparkyGT #19 Posted Oct 12 2016 - 14:42

Major

• Players
  • 50364 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

i like that panzer railway gun picture, wish they would put a gun like that on himmelsdorf as some eyecandy

As for new map i havent seen it still.  Same old on fire duplicate maps

Also tagged with 9.16, patch, good, and, bad, features

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users