cant play on os sierra

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

FOTIS_AELARA #1 Posted Oct 08 2016 - 00:07

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

I have a mac book air  13.3 256GB SSD - 4GB, I5 1.6ghz

no problem with the game and it whas playing even better after 9.16 update ....until I try to use some mods....

I pass the .exe file all is running smoothly try to open the game all it whas working until .....synchronize garaz the game stops there and I used forse to quit command to close it.

I try many times to open but no luck always stopped there , I try to install again the .exe file with the mods and use no mode at all ..... no luck.

then I try to remove the game it and throwing all in the recycle bucket click on delete restart the mac and try to install ones more the client ... so and I did

.and the installation after hours finished....

then I click to lunch the client ....the client starts all ok but when I push play..... a new window open an says the game cause o critical error ...... says some text there with the critical error and that's all  

any help to play this game in my mac again?

if I reset the mac (the laptop its new and I don't have many programs on it so its ok to do something like this ) and try from the begging to install the game will be ok?

black_colt #2 Posted Oct 08 2016 - 04:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostFOTIS_AELARA, on Oct 07 2016 - 15:07, said:

I have a mac book air  13.3 256GB SSD - 4GB, I5 1.6ghz

no problem with the game and it whas playing even better after 9.16 update ....until I try to use some mods....

I pass the .exe file all is running smoothly try to open the game all it whas working until .....synchronize garaz the game stops there and I used forse to quit command to close it.

I try many times to open but no luck always stopped there , I try to install again the .exe file with the mods and use no mode at all ..... no luck.

then I try to remove the game it and throwing all in the recycle bucket click on delete restart the mac and try to install ones more the client ... so and I did

.and the installation after hours finished....

then I click to lunch the client ....the client starts all ok but when I push play..... a new window open an says the game cause o critical error ...... says some text there with the critical error and that's all  

any help to play this game in my mac again?

if I reset the mac (the laptop its new and I don't have many programs on it so its ok to do something like this ) and try from the begging to install the game will be ok?

Download the Studly Utility from dstud208 - look for a post and the download link is in the signature section. There is no need to [reset] your Mac - presuming you mean reinstall OS X. 

Backup your World Of Tanks replay folder - /Documents/World_of_Tanks/replays

Launch the Studly Utility – select [World of Tanks][Delete Completely] – click on [OK]

Log out of OS X and log back in

Launch the Studly Utility – select [World of Tanks][Live Server] then your region – your web browser will open and download the DMG file.

Launch the DMG file and drag the World of Tanks icon to the Applications folder

Eject the World of Tanks disk

Go back to the Studly Utility – select [Disable Torrents] then [Force Update]

Go to the Applications folder and launch World of Tanks

You should be presented with a 9.16 compatibility patch – follow the instructions and install that patch.

You should be then presented with a dialog box stating [You’re up-to-date] – click on [OK]

Navigate to the World of Tanks [Play] screen –click on [Settings][Support][Add] – Add game and launcher to Windows firewall exceptions – [Apply]

Then click on [Play] and let the app download the appropriate files.

Once the files have been downloaded you will be able to play World of Tanks.

FOTIS_AELARA #3 Posted Oct 08 2016 - 09:16

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
thank you man it work for me.

iforgetu #4 Posted Oct 08 2016 - 13:04

Private

• -Players-
  • 18641 battles
  • [-PE-] -PE-
This worked for me too.  I followed the directions exactly.  Thank you Black Colt, Studly and for the repaired wrapper.

black_colt #5 Posted Oct 08 2016 - 16:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

No worries - glad it worked for you.  Good luck on the battlefield ...

99 percent of the thanks go to dstud208 for creating the Studly Utility.  If you chose so, please support him through the [Tip Jar] in the Studly Utility app.

CodeWeavers and the WINE Community deserve our thanks for creating a wrapper that allows us OS X users to play World of Tanks on the platform of our choice.

Finally WarGaming deserves some thanks for commissioning the WoT Mac Wrapper with CodeWeavers so that we can also play World of Tanks on the platform of our choice.

However WarGaming needs to be more clear that the WoT Mac Wrapper is not directly supported by them and provide a dedicated service line at CodeWeavers in addition to this Forum.  I do not mind helping but WarGaming needs to step up on the support.

SaucerGumshoe #6 Posted Oct 08 2016 - 19:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 10069 battles
this worked for me... many thanks

black_colt #7 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 01:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostSaucerGumshoe, on Oct 08 2016 - 10:02, said:

this worked for me... many thanks

No worries - again 99% of the thanks need to go to dstud208 for making his Studly Utility and to CodeWeavers for patching the WoT Mac Wrapper for the 9.16 client - I can only accept 1% as I just tested and posted.

Edited by black_colt, Oct 09 2016 - 01:55.

Valkyrie_K2L #8 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 05:22

Private

• -Players-
  • 9396 battles
  • [BTQ] BTQ

hey, just wondering, if you don't really care about your replays should you still back it up for it to work?

dstud208 #9 Posted Oct 09 2016 - 06:37

Captain

• Players
  • 17791 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO

View PostValkyrie_K2L, on Oct 08 2016 - 21:22, said:

hey, just wondering, if you don't really care about your replays should you still back it up for it to work?

It shouldn't matter. I mean, it doesn't hurt, but if you don't really care for them you should be fine leaving them to die.

black_colt #10 Posted Oct 10 2016 - 04:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostValkyrie_K2L, on Oct 08 2016 - 20:22, said:

As the step - Launch the Studly Utility – select [World of Tanks][Delete Completely] – click on [OK] - completely deletes all folders and files and cannot be undone the step - Backup your World Of Tanks replay folder - /Documents/World_of_Tanks/replays - ensures that your replays were retained and not deleted.

Some players find having their replays available to be of value ...

If you do not find your replays to be of value then you do not need to back up the [replays] folder.

Edited by black_colt, Oct 10 2016 - 04:45.

Lancer_Six #11 Posted Oct 15 2016 - 01:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 19039 battles
  • [-P-] -P-
Awesome.  Thanks.  Tip sent.  

SaucerGumshoe #12 Posted Oct 16 2016 - 20:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 10069 battles
Seems like there was another wrapper update pushed out... i think v1.35.1. I updated to it and then my game client stopped working again. I opened up the Console program, relaunched WoT and saw its throwing MacOS error -67062 and I googled this some and seems to be something with noAdrMkErr. Either way I ended up opening Studly again and did "Reset Wrapper" then relaunched the game and this fixed it. Pretty weird.

dstud208 #13 Posted Oct 16 2016 - 21:04

Captain

• Players
  • 17791 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO

View PostSaucerGumshoe, on Oct 16 2016 - 12:59, said:

Seems like there was another wrapper update pushed out... i think v1.35.1. I updated to it and then my game client stopped working again. I opened up the Console program, relaunched WoT and saw its throwing MacOS error -67062 and I googled this some and seems to be something with noAdrMkErr. Either way I ended up opening Studly again and did "Reset Wrapper" then relaunched the game and this fixed it. Pretty weird.

Sounds like the wrapper update just glitched the connection between the wrapper and the games background files (preferences and such). Resetting it fixes that.

black_colt #14 Posted Oct 16 2016 - 22:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View Postdstud208, on Oct 16 2016 - 12:04, said:

Sounds like the wrapper update just glitched the connection between the wrapper and the games background files (preferences and such). Resetting it fixes that.

dstud208,

What version of the Wrapper do you have?

I am showing the latest versions to be 1.0.34.1 - would like to know as I [Reset Wrapper] and the WoT Mac Wrapper stated that I had the latest version.  Need to chase down why it did not ask to update if there is a new version.

dstud208 #15 Posted Oct 17 2016 - 04:04

Captain

• Players
  • 17791 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO
I also have 1.0.34.1, thats the latest release as far as I'm aware. But I should point out that when I updated to it, the update failed to complete and the wrapper was rendered useless. I had to download it direct from WG's website for it to work properly.

Edited by dstud208, Oct 17 2016 - 04:09.

black_colt #16 Posted Oct 17 2016 - 07:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View Postdstud208, on Oct 16 2016 - 19:04, said:

I also have 1.0.34.1, thats the latest release as far as I'm aware. But I should point out that when I updated to it, the update failed to complete and the wrapper was rendered useless. I had to download it direct from WG's website for it to work properly.

Are the links working correctly in your Studly Utility?

I have been referring several people to use those links to get the latest client.

dstud208 #17 Posted Oct 17 2016 - 14:35

Captain

• Players
  • 17791 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO

View Postblack_colt, on Oct 16 2016 - 23:06, said:

Are the links working correctly in your Studly Utility?

I have been referring several people to use those links to get the latest client.

Yes, they're fine, it's just the dl link used by WG's own website, so it always downloads the latest version

black_colt #18 Posted Oct 17 2016 - 16:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View Postdstud208, on Oct 17 2016 - 05:35, said:

Yes, they're fine, it's just the dl link used by WG's own website, so it always downloads the latest version

Perfect - thanks

FOTIS_AELARA #19 Posted Oct 21 2016 - 07:03

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

i have once more trouble with the launcher wot game  after i did all above that black colt say to me and the game was running  smoothly  the launcher was  on english language one day i set the greek language on the game launcher and run the game for ones  it works but since that time the game stuck always where it says uploading garage settings i listen to the music from the back  but no game , the game won't shut down with the x button so i use  force it to quit to close it  after that i try to reopen the launcher and i see a new small window that says : warning the game wot is started .

i try ti set back the english language on the launcher but with out results the game still stuck in the garage loading thats a little bit before entering the game and after that if i click on the launcher i always   get  the warning  message 

i restart the mac the game runs but only  until the garage upload .....and stops

any idea?

black_colt #20 Posted Oct 21 2016 - 15:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostFOTIS_AELARA, on Oct 20 2016 - 22:03, said:

i have once more trouble with the launcher wot game  after i did all above that black colt say to me and the game was running  smoothly  the launcher was  on english language one day i set the greek language on the game launcher and run the game for ones  it works but since that time the game stuck always where it says uploading garage settings i listen to the music from the back  but no game , the game won't shut down with the x button so i use  force it to quit to close it  after that i try to reopen the launcher and i see a new small window that says : warning the game wot is started .

i try ti set back the english language on the launcher but with out results the game still stuck in the garage loading thats a little bit before entering the game and after that if i click on the launcher i always   get  the warning  message 

i restart the mac the game runs but only  until the garage upload .....and stops

any idea?

1) I did not know that you could change the language for the WoT Mac Wrapper [launcher]. I searched in the [Settings] in the [Play] screen and did not find anything.

2) Do you mean you changed the [Preferred languages:] for OS X in the [Language & Region] OS X System Preferences pane to [ελληνικά] and then back to [English (U.K.)] or [English]?

If you mean 1) - How did you do that?

If you mean 2) - then raise a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers - they may have a straight-forward fix as the WoT Mac Wrapper should support different [Preferred languages:] and switching between them.  

If you do not want to wait for CodeWeavers to respond then you can delete the WoT Mac Wrapper and reinstall ...  here are the steps again for your convenience:

Backup your World Of Tanks replay folder - /Documents/World_of_Tanks/replays NOTE: If you do not want to back-up your replays you can skip this step.  The next step completely deletes all files and this is non-recoverable.

Launch the Studly Utility – select [World of Tanks][Delete Completely] – click on [OK]

Log out of OS X and log back in 

Launch the Studly Utility – select [World of Tanks][Live Server] then your region – your web browser will open and download the DMG file.

Launch the DMG file and drag the World of Tanks icon to the Applications folder

Eject the World of Tanks disk

Go back to the Studly Utility – select [Disable Torrents] then [Force Update]

Go to the Applications folder and launch World of Tanks

You should be presented with a 9.16 compatibility patch – follow the instructions and install that patch.

You should be then presented with a dialog box stating [You’re up-to-date] – click on [OK]

Navigate to the World of Tanks [Play] screen –click on [Settings][Support][Add] – Add game and launcher to Windows firewall exceptions – [Apply] - then click [Cancel]

You will be brought back to the game launch screen and in the bottom left-hand corner you should see updates being downloaded. Wait until all the updates have been downloaded and installed - you will see [You are running the latest client version.] when this is done.

Click on [Play] and start your battles.

Also tagged with 9.16

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users