Jump to content


What is your favorite movie and why?


  • Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

DoubleOut #61 Posted Oct 12 2016 - 04:24

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 46057 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    08-24-2012

Gone With the Wind

The Wizard of Oz

It's A Wonderful Life

Ben Hur

True Grit



BaconMeLoveIt #62 Posted Oct 12 2016 - 04:44

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 14123 battles
  • 2,070
  • [-STN-] -STN-
  • Member since:
    06-10-2016

Tora! Tora! Tora!

  • It focuses on the subject matter; no foreplay or anything like that compared to newer movies on war.

Girls und Panzers der Film

  • Because... animated tank battles

Red Cliff (not the edited nor censored version)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (the original movie not the Hollywood crap)

 

 



Hiroe #63 Posted Oct 12 2016 - 23:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 13615 battles
  • 4,113
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

View Postmattwong, on Oct 11 2016 - 21:19, said:

 

Let's get something straight here: physics is not common sense.

 

If you want to talk physics, then get an education in physics.  Don't pretend to have a meaningful opinion to offer on a subject where you proudly know nothing.  And don't spread lies, like that whopper about Building 7 being "untouched".  It was not untouched.  There was also plenty of material evidence of a plane hitting the Pentagon: there just weren't the huge intact chunks of aircraft that you're obviously expecting, but which an expert would NEVER expect after a collision of such high velocity.  Normally, when airplanes crash, their pilots are doing everything in their power to soft-land, not power-diving into the ground at full throttle.

 

You really believe - and that's what it comes down to: belief - that the twin towers and building seven weren't demolished? What are the odds three natural collapses in a row happened identically to a controlled demolition? And even more, what are the odds we have literally no video evidence of an enormous object slamming into one of the most important structures in our country?

 

I mean, look at the planes hit the buildings. They hit at angles, which means the damage wasn't symmetrical; and that means the collapses shouldn't have been PERFECTLY symmetrical, but they were. There's only one reason why that would be.

 

And then there was the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania. Once again, almost no debris despite the official story stating that there was a struggle in the cockpit or some such nonsense. I suppose that plane too somehow crashed so violently that every trace of it and its passengers was instantaneously incinerated upon impact.

 

<a href='http://i.imgur.com/k6luVNN.png' class='bbc_url' title='' rel='nofollow'>http://i.imgur.com/k6luVNN.png</a>

 

At some point a feeling of unreality has to overwhelm you, or perhaps you live so deeply in lies and illusions you can't tell the difference anymore?

 

I see you talking about education too, but that's foolish on your part. We both know a truth of this magnitude wouldn't survive in the academic environment for more than two seconds; and even if the truth were uncovered through academic means nothing would come of it. It would be swept under the rug because it doesn't fit into the architecture of academia, which necessarily presupposes official narratives are true, as academia and government are intimately linked. In other words, if it doesn't fit the narratives, it gets filtered out and it's never shown to the world. In this way only evidence and testimony that support the official narratives and the numerous assumptions therein make it into the mainstream.

 

Some smaller truths might make their ways through from time to time, but not one of this magnitude.

 

So, in short, only the physicists who support the nonsense have their work shown, so most of them make an effort to support the nonsense. They do this for many reasons, but mostly social survival and self-advancement. It's despicable behavior and one would hope there were a measure of honesty in the academic world, but there is not. It is depressingly easy to turn human beings into liars, cheats, and automatons.

 

It's up to individuals to decide for themselves nowadays, since the major societal instruments of education, government, and mass media have been infiltrated, subverted, corrupted, or rebuilt entirely from their foundations to serve the Jewish cause of globalism.

 

View Postriff_, on Oct 11 2016 - 22:44, said:

 

​I made up my mind about you, from reading what you posted.  Now, to quote the late Christopher Hitchens "I have no time to waste on people like you and I am not going to buy a pencil from your cup."

 

You're one of the hopeless ones anyway.

 

<a href='http://i.imgur.com/QoDtVji.png' class='bbc_url' title='' rel='nofollow'>http://i.imgur.com/QoDtVji.png</a>



Klaatu_Nicto #64 Posted Oct 13 2016 - 00:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 44051 battles
  • 10,918
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

View PostHiroe, on Oct 12 2016 - 14:46, said:

 

You really believe - and that's what it comes down to: belief - that the twin towers and building seven weren't demolished? What are the odds three natural collapses in a row happened identically to a controlled demolition? And even more, what are the odds we have literally no video evidence of an enormous object slamming into one of the most important structures in our country?

 

I mean, look at the planes hit the buildings. They hit at angles, which means the damage wasn't symmetrical; and that means the collapses shouldn't have been PERFECTLY symmetrical, but they were. There's only one reason why that would be.

 

And then there was the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania. Once again, almost no debris despite the official story stating that there was a struggle in the cockpit or some such nonsense. I suppose that plane too somehow crashed so violently that every trace of it and its passengers was instantaneously incinerated upon impact.

 

<a href='http://i.imgur.com/k6luVNN.png' class='bbc_url' title='' rel='nofollow'>http://i.imgur.com/k6luVNN.png</a>

 

At some point a feeling of unreality has to overwhelm you, or perhaps you live so deeply in lies and illusions you can't tell the difference anymore?

 

I see you talking about education too, but that's foolish on your part. We both know a truth of this magnitude wouldn't survive in the academic environment for more than two seconds; and even if the truth were uncovered through academic means nothing would come of it. It would be swept under the rug because it doesn't fit into the architecture of academia, which necessarily presupposes official narratives are true, as academia and government are intimately linked. In other words, if it doesn't fit the narratives, it gets filtered out and it's never shown to the world. In this way only evidence and testimony that support the official narratives and the numerous assumptions therein make it into the mainstream.

 

Some smaller truths might make their ways through from time to time, but not one of this magnitude.

 

So, in short, only the physicists who support the nonsense have their work shown, so most of them make an effort to support the nonsense. They do this for many reasons, but mostly social survival and self-advancement. It's despicable behavior and one would hope there were a measure of honesty in the academic world, but there is not. It is depressingly easy to turn human beings into liars, cheats, and automatons.

 

It's up to individuals to decide for themselves nowadays, since the major societal instruments of education, government, and mass media have been infiltrated, subverted, corrupted, or rebuilt entirely from their foundations to serve the Jewish cause of globalism.

 

 

You're one of the hopeless ones anyway.

 

<a href='http://i.imgur.com/QoDtVji.png' class='bbc_url' title='' rel='nofollow'>http://i.imgur.com/QoDtVji.png</a>

 

Do you not believe this?

 



Hiroe #65 Posted Oct 13 2016 - 00:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 13615 battles
  • 4,113
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Oct 12 2016 - 19:12, said:

 

Do you not believe this?

 

 

It was a Boeing 757-223 and there is no way it was going 500 MPH.

Triela50 #66 Posted Oct 13 2016 - 00:41

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 9207 battles
  • 6,561
  • Member since:
    04-24-2014

View PostHiroe, on Oct 12 2016 - 18:16, said:

 

It was a Boeing 757-223 and there is no way it was going 500 MPH.

imm the normal cruising speed of a 757 is 565 mph so it's quite possible they were going that fast.............just saying



Hiroe #67 Posted Oct 13 2016 - 00:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 13615 battles
  • 4,113
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

View PostTriela50, on Oct 12 2016 - 19:41, said:

imm the normal cruising speed of a 757 is 565 mph so it's quite possible they were going that fast.............just saying

 

A lot of turning and maneuvering would have to be done beforehand and that would lower the speed of the plane quite a bit.

Triela50 #68 Posted Oct 13 2016 - 00:47

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 9207 battles
  • 6,561
  • Member since:
    04-24-2014

View PostHiroe, on Oct 12 2016 - 18:42, said:

 

A lot of turning and maneuvering would have to be done beforehand and that would lower the speed of the plane quite a bit.

not really they flew straight in plus they were slightly angled downward so if anything they were picking up speed plus this is off the thread topic and kind of rude to the op



Hiroe #69 Posted Oct 13 2016 - 00:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 13615 battles
  • 4,113
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

View PostTriela50, on Oct 12 2016 - 19:47, said:

not really they flew straight in plus they were slightly angled downward so if anything they were picking up speed plus this is off the thread topic and kind of rude to the op

 

Blame Matt then.

Klaatu_Nicto #70 Posted Oct 13 2016 - 00:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 44051 battles
  • 10,918
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

View PostHiroe, on Oct 12 2016 - 15:16, said:

 

It was a Boeing 757-223 and there is no way it was going 500 MPH.

 

According to Boeing in level flight it can reach speeds of 654mph.

Triela50 #71 Posted Oct 13 2016 - 00:52

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 9207 battles
  • 6,561
  • Member since:
    04-24-2014

View PostHiroe, on Oct 12 2016 - 18:49, said:

 

Blame Matt then.

not laying blame just making a statement 



Hiroe #72 Posted Oct 13 2016 - 00:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 13615 battles
  • 4,113
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Oct 12 2016 - 19:50, said:

 

According to Boeing in level flight it can reach speeds of 654mph.

 

Yea, that's nice and all, but it doesn't mean it was going that fast, especially considering the pilots and the fact they had to turn and maneuver the plane to hit their target. Also, I'm pretty sure the damage would've been more extensive if it had been. I mean, the Pentagon barely took any damage. Have you even looked? It looks like a missile hit it to me.

Klaatu_Nicto #73 Posted Oct 13 2016 - 00:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 44051 battles
  • 10,918
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

 



Klaatu_Nicto #74 Posted Oct 13 2016 - 01:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 44051 battles
  • 10,918
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

View PostHiroe, on Oct 12 2016 - 15:54, said:

 

Yea, that's nice and all, but it doesn't mean it was going that fast, especially considering the pilots and the fact they had to turn and maneuver the plane to hit their target. Also, I'm pretty sure the damage would've been more extensive if it had been. I mean, the Pentagon barely took any damage. Have you even looked? It looks like a missile hit it to me.

 

The Pentagon is a very solid steel and concrete structure built during WW2.

Hiroe #75 Posted Oct 13 2016 - 01:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 13615 battles
  • 4,113
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Oct 12 2016 - 20:02, said:

 

The Pentagon is a very solid steel and concrete structure built during WW2.

 

I bet I could kick through it.

Hiroe #76 Posted Oct 13 2016 - 01:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 13615 battles
  • 4,113
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

K-On! Movie! ^-^

 



LeaveIT2Beaver #77 Posted Oct 13 2016 - 02:27

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 37473 battles
  • 10,026
  • [J4F] J4F
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View Postriff_, on Oct 11 2016 - 15:08, said:

 

Great movie!

Lets hope it never gets remade.  

 

 

 

 

5000 +1s !!    I loved THEM! Saw it as a kid!  Bought it last year and the wife and I had a movie night with popcorn and root beer. She loved it!

LeaveIT2Beaver #78 Posted Oct 13 2016 - 02:31

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 37473 battles
  • 10,026
  • [J4F] J4F
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

My favorite movie ever - Where Eagles Dare

 



SolomonGrundie13 #79 Posted Oct 13 2016 - 02:38

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 1727 battles
  • 23
  • Member since:
    07-08-2013

We could go with the question of. You are the only person on earth, what 5 movies would you want to watch until the end of time. They can not be a series ( multiple episodes) of a series of movies. If you do choose one it would have to be similar to. 

1. The Empire Strikes Back. ( not the entire Star Wars movie series.

 

My choices.

1. Hook (lot of subtle jokes and characters)

2. Blade Runner (great cinematography and story)

3. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy( movie not bbc) subtle humor.

4. American Graffiti (cars and music)

5. Open Range

 

Of course this could be in its own topic. I look forward to seeing your thoughts.

Cheers. SG



JRingo20 #80 Posted Oct 13 2016 - 02:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 31552 battles
  • 2,051
  • Member since:
    11-06-2011

View Postdmckay, on Oct 09 2016 - 15:26, said:

War Movies:

Das Boot

Saving Private Ryan

Patton

Run Silent Run Deep

Porkchop Hill (Cause it's one of the few good movies about the Korean War)

The Winter War, (foreign Finnish)

Assembly, (foreign, Korean)

Letters from Iwo Jima

Flags of our Fathers






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users