wrong language

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

dorfy #1 Posted Oct 18 2016 - 03:58

Private

• -Players-
  • 8349 battles
  • [9-AMD] 9-AMD
Installed WOT on my Mac. Program installs ok but everything is in RUSSIAN not ENGLISH.
Any suggestions? (besides learning Russian)?

saru_richard #2 Posted Oct 18 2016 - 04:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17222 battles
  • [H-H] H-H
google translate... though even that has issues

dstud208 #3 Posted Oct 18 2016 - 04:11

Captain

• Players
  • 17741 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO

When you downloaded the Mac client, did you download it from the Russian website? Thats the most logical reason I can think of for why this is happening. Otherwise there should be a language selector somewhere... Hang on I'm going to open mine up and poke around. Make sure that you downloaded it from the right webpage though, should be the NA one.

Edit: Assuming you got it from the correct website, then you should be able to change the language settings by simply clicking on the "Settings" in the top right of the launcher, and clicking the dropdown with the flag in it, select english and you off to the races.

If english isn't on there, or if you are noticing "interesting" things, then you probably have the russian wrapper and just need to reinstall the game using the NA one.

Edited by dstud208, Oct 18 2016 - 04:20.

K3rmicon #4 Posted Oct 18 2016 - 05:00

Private

• -Players-
  • 110 battles

Mine was acting up as well after messing with the new iCloud storage settings that Sierra brought on.

Try deleting WoT from your Applications folder and the data from your Documents folder. Then re-download the wrapper and let it do it's thing.

As a side note, since mine was doing the Russian thing, it wasn't possible to change the language settings from Russian. It only showed Russian and four other what I assume to be Eastern Bloc countries.

black_colt #5 Posted Oct 18 2016 - 16:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3359 battles

View PostK3rmicon, on Oct 17 2016 - 20:00, said:

Mine was acting up as well after messing with the new iCloud storage settings that Sierra brought on.

Try deleting WoT from your Applications folder and the data from your Documents folder. Then re-download the wrapper and let it do it's thing.

As a side note, since mine was doing the Russian thing, it wasn't possible to change the language settings from Russian. It only showed Russian and four other what I assume to be Eastern Bloc countries.

To ensure that the WoT Mac Wrapper is completely deleted download the Studly Utility from dstud208 - see his email signature for the download link.

After downloading and installing:

Make sure the WoT Mac Wrapper is not running.

Backup your replays folder - /Documents/World_of_Tanks/replays

Open the Studly Utility - go to [World of Tanks][General] and click on [Delete Completely]

Click on [Live Server] and select the appropriate region - your web browser will open and start to download the appropriate dmg file.

When the download is complete - click on the dmg file and follow the instructions. When installation is complete - eject the dmg file.

Go back to the Studly Utility - go to [World of Tanks][General] and click on [Disable Torrents] and [Force Update]

Open the WoT Mac Wrapper - you should be presented with a [9.16 compatibility] update.   Following the instructions - install the update.  After the update is installed and World Of Tanks reopens - log on. Do not click on [Play].

You should see World Of Tanks start to download any necessary updates.  After all of the necessary updates have downloaded and installed - click on [Play] and you should be taken to your Garage.

Centurion_1 #6 Posted Oct 19 2016 - 00:19

Private

• -Players-
  • 12 battles
Hey. I also installed the WoT from the NA server and everything is in Russian. I deleted and redownloaded everything but nothing changes. I downloaded the 9.16 compatibility update but everything is still in Russian, which I obviously don't speak.

ghostoni1337 #7 Posted Oct 19 2016 - 00:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 197 battles

this is happening to me as well. the client will not let me choose western servers or change languages. mac life is ruf

EDIT: Got it working after using "delete completely" and "delete game files" in Studly Utility and reinstalling.

thank you dstud208 and black_colt

Edited by ghostoni1337, Oct 19 2016 - 01:36.

black_colt #8 Posted Oct 19 2016 - 04:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3359 battles

View PostCenturion_1, on Oct 18 2016 - 15:19, said:

Hey. I also installed the WoT from the NA server and everything is in Russian. I deleted and redownloaded everything but nothing changes. I downloaded the 9.16 compatibility update but everything is still in Russian, which I obviously don't speak.

You will need to raise a support ticket with CodeWeavers as they produced the WoT Mac Wrapper.

Not sure why this is happening but they should be able to sort out.

black_colt #9 Posted Oct 19 2016 - 04:27

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3359 battles

View PostCenturion_1, on Oct 18 2016 - 15:19, said:

View Postghostoni1337, on Oct 18 2016 - 15:40, said:

this is happening to me as well. the client will not let me choose western servers or change languages. mac life is ruf

EDIT: Got it working after using "delete completely" and "delete game files" in Studly Utility and reinstalling.

Centurion_1,

Try using [Delete Completely] and [Delete Game Files] in the Studly Utility and then use the [Live Server] and select [North America] as this seemed to work for ghoston1337.

black_colt #10 Posted Oct 19 2016 - 20:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3359 battles

View Postghostoni1337, on Oct 18 2016 - 15:40, said:

Welcome - glad that worked for you and posting your solution.

I cannot accept more than 1% of the thanks - the remaining 99% must go to dstud208 for creating the Studly Utility.  I merely aggregated some steps that worked for me and leveraged my knowledge of OS X to help provide some OS X only solutions.

Should you wish to help compensate dstud208 for all of his hard work - please consider using the [Tip] section of the Studly Utility.

May we also ask for your help by being another reference source to help point to solutions/provide solutions to the other WoT Mac Wrapper users out there who are having issues to help fill in the Forum coverage gaps.

Edited by black_colt, Oct 19 2016 - 20:54.

torino2dc #11 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 20:31

Private

• -Players-
  • 4010 battles
Thank you black_colt – your step by step guide worked for me also. Much appreciated.

black_colt #12 Posted Oct 21 2016 - 00:54

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3359 battles

View Posttorino2dc, on Oct 20 2016 - 11:31, said:

Thank you black_colt – your step by step guide worked for me also. Much appreciated.

Welcome - glad that worked for you and posting another successful resolution.

I do not recall seeing what issue[s] you were having.  

Would you please post in this thread the issues you were having - e.g. Game would launch and then immediately quit, etc.

Additionally please post your Mac hardware - e.g. iMac 17,1 - 4GHz Core i7, 4GB AMD Radeon R9 M395x video card and what version of OS X you are running.

Having this information helps us in determining what are the next steps as each version of OS X has different ways of doing things - e.g. OS X 10.10 is the last version in which you can perform Repair Permissions in Disk Utility, OS X 10.11 requires some terminal commands, etc.

I cannot accept more than 1% of the thanks - the remaining 99% must go to dstud208 for creating the Studly Utility.  I merely aggregated some steps that worked for me and leveraged my knowledge of OS X to help provide some OS X only solutions.

Should you wish to help compensate dstud208 for all of his hard work - please consider using the [Tip] section of the Studly Utility.

Dog_With_A_Gun #13 Posted Apr 15 2017 - 22:24

Private

• -Players-
  • 82 battles

I received an apple laptop computer (late 2011 Macbook) from my older brother. His WoT was in english and he has gotten to the Tier V level. Unfortunately, when I started World of Tanks (first time) IT WAS IN RUSSIAN!!! D: D: D: I tried everything, uninstalling the app and reinstalling it from the US website. Deleting the folder and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. Plz help! I have to use his account instead and it is filled with junk.

-Aggravated in Maine

dstud208 #14 Posted Apr 16 2017 - 00:35

Captain

• Players
  • 17741 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO

View PostDog_With_A_Gun, on Apr 15 2017 - 14:24, said:

I received an apple laptop computer (late 2011 Macbook) from my older brother. His WoT was in english and he has gotten to the Tier V level. Unfortunately, when I started World of Tanks (first time) IT WAS IN RUSSIAN!!! D: D: D: I tried everything, uninstalling the app and reinstalling it from the US website. Deleting the folder and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. Plz help! I have to use his account instead and it is filled with junk.

-Aggravated in Maine

You have to do everything at the same time, delete the game, the documents folder, and the app support folder all at the same time otherwise it won't switch over to the right server. Download my utility (link in my sig) and click delete completely in the WoT tab. Then download from the us site

mikseries #15 Posted May 25 2017 - 11:58

Private

• -Players-
  • 24 battles
dstud208 is awesome!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users