scavenger hunt codes limit redeemed

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Five_Solae #1 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 17:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36739 battles
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO

Sorry if this is not the place to put these comments but the feedback forum makes sense to me.

I am wondering why there is a limit to the number of people that can redeem codes in the scavenger hunt.

I play WOT regularly, but do have a day time job and sometimes evening commitments. I can clear my schedule to watch an event like upcoming Saturday, (which is a date that has been published a long time ago) but can not do the same for a whole week so that I can track codes.

If the purpose of the contest was to provide a bit of a challenge and an incentive to move through your various media, I think it is going to fail: I missed a code because it is fully redeemed, even though I took the trouble to go looking for it.

I suspect I will also miss the next code also, and if so, the rest of the incentive for watching the matches on Saturday is will be gone. 

Not sure how you can remedy this problem, but . . .

jmaiville #2 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 17:57

Private

• Players
  • 26519 battles
  • [-TX] -TX
i also worked up to #17 overall in fantasy esl then found out no prizes where going to be handed out (it wasn't worth the time i put into it), i too missed both codes after checking for the 2nd at 3:50 (had to be to work at 4) got home and missed it, i do usually watch the games on sat.. but might as well let match maker beat me up instead so ill be sitting out of this years finals matches

Verblonde #3 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 18:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 17996 battles
  • [FUNTB] FUNTB

I guess it depends what WG's goals are; if they want us to see as many of their comms channels as possible and increase the likelihood of people watching the matches then the current structure is bonkers.

A more sensible strategy would have been to hand out codes to everyone who wants them (no limits) and give lower value rewards (no gold) to everyone, with some sort of draw to win better stuff (each day or at the end; multiple draws?), to motivate people to look for the codes. WG's cost of promo would still be negligible and there would then have been fewer people who gave up early in the promotional process.

Still, WG's aims could be very different and they might be trying to create a sense of urgency for some reason...?

dnaman #4 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 18:47

Captain

• Players
  • 31109 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
I'm not even looking as I can only check periodically during the day.  Some of us work for the money we spend...

Tracker40 #5 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 18:49

Captain

• Players
  • 18727 battles

View PostHoledAgain, on Oct 20 2016 - 11:24, said:

Sorry if this is not the place to put these comments but the feedback forum makes sense to me.

I am wondering why there is a limit to the number of people that can redeem codes in the scavenger hunt.

I play WOT regularly, but do have a day time job and sometimes evening commitments. I can clear my schedule to watch an event like upcoming Saturday, (which is a date that has been published a long time ago) but can not do the same for a whole week so that I can track codes.

If the purpose of the contest was to provide a bit of a challenge and an incentive to move through your various media, I think it is going to fail: I missed a code because it is fully redeemed, even though I took the trouble to go looking for it.

I suspect I will also miss the next code also, and if so, the rest of the incentive for watching the matches on Saturday is will be gone. 

I could not agree more. Yesterday I babysat the site looking for the code. Low and behold they post it after 4:00pm est time and by the time I was no longer in my car but able to look at the site it seems all the codes were used up in 30 minutes.

This contest seems like nothing more that to drive traffic towards these sites with almost zero chance to get all 5 codes.

I have myself given up on playing. To me this is another huge fail on NA-WG offices

Thambry #6 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 18:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29302 battles

View PostHoledAgain, on Oct 20 2016 - 09:24, said:

yes, you can remedy this problem: dont give any money to WG; dont buy premium tanks or time. As long as player only complain but still buy their products, WG will not change anything. But if they see their profit dwindling, they will listen more what the player say and want.

Ironmike11B #7 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 19:27

Captain

• Players
  • 30905 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

T28PROTOTYPE

you're welcome!

Charlie_The_Cat #8 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 19:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14646 battles

My issue is why use a craptastic forum site like Reddit and its toxic community to hide a code there?

Why craptastic?  When the code was posted, it wasnt seen by most people because of the link that was provided had bad filters setup and wouldn't latest posts.

Why toxic?  Because people asking simple questions just get hammered down by Reddit fan club because they try to question the issue.

So for people like me who never went to that web site before (and will never again), we saw nothing, yet the code was out and people were redeeming the code.

Is WoT web site isnt big enough to hide stuff in it? 

And seeing the posts made by your player base, this seems like your best 'botched' scavenger hunt up to now.

AppleDaD6 #9 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 20:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43067 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
Not only did someone come up with such a stupid set of rules, someone above them had to agree to it. 

LilMorningWood #10 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 22:34

Captain

• Players
  • 51461 battles

I already made this thread earlier, please add your thoughts to it OP. 

http://forum.worldof...ger-hunt-issue/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users