MM since update 9.16

MMLop-sided battles

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: MM Mis-matched (52 members have cast votes)

who feels MM is not matching us effectively?

1. yes (28 votes [53.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

2. no (24 votes [46.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

Who thinks one tier up and down, besides lights, would be a better option?

1. yes (25 votes [48.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.08%

2. no (27 votes [51.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

ARTEMIS47 #1 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 22:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24586 battles

Why are the teams mostly mismatched? If your MM goes by statistics, which I highly doubt at this point, why are the majority of matches one-sided? Pub matches are becoming very boring IMHO. Anyone else feeling the same way? Just curious.  :-)

ARTEMIS47  :~)

woofman34 #2 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 22:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24608 battles
  • [SG] SG
I find it hard to believe match  making is random,  nor is it skill based  . I have observed patterns of wins and loses over the past  that stay pretty consistent , but I,am not giving it away. I just don't play when they occur .A good platoon can carry a win even on  the worst days .When you don't win on east switch to the west its a sure thing .  :harp:   

spacecubicnub #3 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 22:16

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18697 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

So I use to think this way, I use to think the game is rigged, I use to think rng was "out to get me".

But I started to use my brain, how could some players get 70 and 80% win rates if any of that was true?

So I read, I asked questions, I tooned with players with better rates than myself.

There is nothing is wrong with MM, nothing has changed since the last update.

But you need to do what I did and come to the conclusion that in a cromwell for example, on the abby map for example, there are 100s of different ways to win. 100s of different option YOU need to consider and apply in order to affect the win.

Basically you need to stop thinking that a cromwell should always go to the center of the abbey each and every game... for example.

Let alone the biggest part of turning a game around is watching what your team is doing, sometimes you might need to die, sometimes you might need to hold a flank like a heavy, sometimes you need to run away and survive.

And often your team isn't playing "the way you want them to" but you need to adapt and change your game plan to include what craziness they are doing.

Then you too will see that mm is fine the way it is.

GL

Says #4 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 22:23

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7986 battles
  • [-AHS-] -AHS-
Whereas I don't have a problem with MM I do think it would be more fun to play with +1 -1 tiers.  I am not trying to say that you cannot be successful on +-2 but it would be more fun with +-1 IMO.

__WARDADDY_ #5 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 22:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 29688 battles
  • [MUG-W] MUG-W

View Postspacecubicnub, on Oct 20 2016 - 15:16, said:

So I use to think this way, I use to think the game is rigged, I use to think rng was "out to get me".

But I started to use my brain, how could some players get 70 and 80% win rates if any of that was true?

So I read, I asked questions, I tooned with players with better rates than myself.

But you need to do what I did and come to the conclusion that in a cromwell for example, on the abby map for example, there are 100s of different ways to win. 100s of different option YOU need to consider and apply in order to affect the win.

Basically you need to stop thinking that a cromwell should always go to the center of the abbey each and every game... for example.

Let alone the biggest part of turning a game around is watching what your team is doing, sometimes you might need to die, sometimes you might need to hold a flank like a heavy, sometimes you need to run away and survive.

And often your team isn't playing "the way you want them to" but you need to adapt and change your game plan to include what craziness they are doing.

GL

The MM is not rigged it simply just "BROKEN"!

When you see a total imbalance on the different tank classes in each team and on top one team has a more then 2000 hit point advantage, I would call that a broken matchmaker!

This issue is ongoing for over a year now and wargaming wont or is not able to fix it!

Besides the point that most of wargamings equipment and software are pretty much from the "STONE AGE"!!!

Just read a reply I got from a moderator over year ago!

[edited] November 21, 2015 10:58 AM

Dear __WARDADDY_,

Well, you can probably guess that World of Tanks is running on an ancient game engine called Big World. It's kind of why we didn't implement the Havok engine. It also makes it very difficult to add or remove anything without at least breaking something. Big World is not modular in the slightest.

Also, you probably haven't played Batman: Arkham City. That was a disaster even with my Titan X at home. Then there was Empire: Total War. Oh the fond memories of rage when it crashed every 15 minutes. To this day the developers simply moved on and stopped patching it. Don't get me started in Assassin's Creed: Unity.

Can't fault the developers for adding new content to a game engine that's near it's breaking point. We're working with only what we have, and that's a game engine at it's limit. Are there any plans to get a new game engine? That information isn't privy to us lowly support representative and even if we know something we can't tell you because NDA, but my personal opinion is not in the near future. Players want new content, balance, and a stable game client. Unfortunately, you can't get all three at the same time.

Best Regards,

[edited]

Dogsoldier6 #6 Posted Oct 20 2016 - 23:38

Major

• Players
  • 50982 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Postspacecubicnub, on Oct 20 2016 - 22:16, said:

GL

Right here................................... This ^^

IF players took responsibility for their own game play, instead of blaming the game they would be far better off.

Akmun_Rah #7 Posted Oct 21 2016 - 01:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28284 battles
  • [BIBO] BIBO

When I read these types of posts, I laugh a bit on the inside. "Why cant I win doing the same things over and over and messing up in the same ways without asking anyone for help on what I'm doing wrong???!!!"

BLAME YOURSELF FOR BEING BAD AND GET BETTER. Or dont worry about winning. Jesus [edited]christ.

I'll go ahead and TLDR this post:

Dont understand why I'm losing. Must be MM's fault I suck. 

Nixeldon #8 Posted Oct 21 2016 - 01:09

Captain

• Players
  • 51856 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

Edited by Nixeldon, Oct 21 2016 - 01:54.

Trailer_Trashed #9 Posted Oct 21 2016 - 01:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 612 battles
Bro....do you even "poll"?

headknocker_nyc #10 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 02:49

Private

• -Players-
  • 5538 battles
FWIW, I've seen a much higher rate of 10+/0 matches since the patch.  I'm not suggesting that MM changed, but that some combination of people showing up to try the patch, a 3x weekend, and mods breaking has led to more crushing defeats/overly easy wins than I saw in September, for example.  Out of the last 50 matches, in only a handful has the winning team ended with fewer than 5 tanks.  Regardless of cause, the last 2 weeks have been less fun than the prior 2 months.

theSparatan117 #11 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 07:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7037 battles

Despite the comments in here of saying MM isn't rigged, and that +1 -1 wouldn't be bad, the pole is almost evenly split... Normally these polls go one way or the other... 

This is obviously not something to be taken lightliy. 

Nixeldon #12 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 07:54

Captain

• Players
  • 51856 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PosttheSparatan117, on Oct 26 2016 - 01:31, said:

Despite the comments in here of saying MM isn't rigged, and that +1 -1 wouldn't be bad, the pole is almost evenly split... Normally these polls go one way or the other... 

This is obviously not something to be taken lightliy. 

Because 43 votes and a dozen comments is serious business?

ARTEMIS47 #13 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 05:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24586 battles

The battles are changing based on tanks (premi's) and players who have not been here in a while or just moved up etc, I get that. Following the masses based on what tank your in and what map your on,  may or may not be a good idea. herein lies the issue,

1. people not playing their tank to its advantages

2. not getting support from teammates

3. meds vs. heavies ( which I have seen quite a bit of lately)

Now if MM is "not a factor" then why cant the teams have equal number of tanks, i.e. 3 heavies each, 5 meds, 3 tds etc.?  Any ideas on this?

:~)

sportznut #14 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 05:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 17671 battles

Its clear as a wort on a witches nose that MM is broke and some adjustments are required. I have never seen so many unbalanced games that results in a complete roll over. I have no problem playing against higher skilled players, I can learn from them, but the unbalance of the tanks makes the game a total wash. I have experienced most of my games where the other team has us out numbered x2 in heavy tanks and the game is a complete disaster. In my opinion, if MM could just tweak the formula to provide more balance to tank distribution it would make this game far more enjoyable. Platoons can mess up the MM so I wouldn't mind sitting in que longer if it means its trying to balance a match rather than setting up a piece of crap game just to get in.

On the rigged issue, is it or isn't it.? World of Tanks is a multi million dollar business and in business your number one priority is too make money. You do realize the more games you play the more money WOT makes. So in essence to MM setting up games for a quick finish can not be over looked!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users