Fasteroid's Guide to the T-34/100 | CZECHMATE, MATE!

T-34/100 Konstrukta T-34/100 T-34/100 REVIEW T-34/100 GUIDE CZECH Tier 7

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Fasteroid #1 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 02:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4408 battles
  • [CT001] CT001

Greetings Tankers,

I come before you today to give a guide on one of my FAVORITE vehicles in the entire game! Just a heads up before I begin, I would like to let you know that I finished the grind this morning, and am grinding credits in my Lowe before I buy it. I aced the T-34/100 and got a mark of excellence, entitling me to make a review of my success, as I also finished with a 55% winrate in it. I found it to be the easiest grind next to the IS-3(using the stock 122 to grind). Enjoy!

In the early 1950's, Czechoslovakia decided they needed upgrades to their arsenal of T-34-85 tanks. It seemed the D-5-T Zis 53 simply was not enough for the newer kinds of armored monsters that the cold war brought. One possible option was to upgrade the T-45-85's they had by mounting a daunting 100mm vz. 44, a gun that would definitely leave a hole in its enemies (sorry). However, work was discontinued in favor of other vehicles.

Before I begin my guide, I would like to let you all know that these experiences vary with different layouts you choose for this vehicle, and I ran mine with Rammer, Vents, and a 100% crew and full upgraded modules. I also spent free xp for top gun+tracks, then ground out the rest, and bought a 100% crew for the crew discount thingy. On with the guide, then.

The Good:

Nice DPM of ~2090

Acceptable Turret armour featuring autobounce side angles with nice traverse

Crushing 250 HP alpha, dealing more damage than a lot of heavies of the same tier

Very nice top speed of 51 km/h with nice terrain resistances leading to fast acceleration

175mm of pen, one of the highest, second to the Panther's 198mm of AP penetration.

Reload time of 7.17 seconds, beating almost all tier 8 mediums.

100mm gun can triple overmatch 30mm of armor

Snapshots are a great idea (not joking)

Decent aim time of 2.15 seconds coupled with acceptable accuracy.

The Bad:

Sluggish vehicle traverse resulting in poor circle strafing ability.

Crew+ Module damage is imminent in every shot.

45mm of frontal armor, while at a slope is one of the worst for tier 7 mediums.

Somewhat tall silhouette is more deadly than not, as a huge cupola on top will not allow you to hide behind dead tanks as, say, a Comet could.

HEAT rounds hitting modules for 0 dmg can be heartbreaking and can throw games if not aimed carefully.(personal experience; 7 kills, resetting base, fires HEAT, breaks track, we lose; RIP Radley Walter’s)

The Ugly:

You WILL get ammo racked detonated by 120mm+ caliber guns

All howitzers (Tier V+) will do full HE damage to the 45mm hull armor. Side shots will result in fire always.

Fires are very common; fire extinguisher is needed.

Gun depression makes you expose a dangerous amount of your tank.

How to play?

The Konstrukta T-34/100 can be played in a plethora of ways and still have success. The loadout I use for the 100mm gun is 20 AP/5 HEAT/5 HE. Here is how the Konstrukta should be played regarding the kind of MM you get. As for armor, try angling to an oblique angle when peekabooming a corner, as I have bounced a fair a share of shells to this strategy.

Tiers 5-7(Top-Tier) : You are a TOP DOG. Do not be afraid to follow your heavies, as your RoF, DPM and alpha is terrifying at the top tier, and you will rip apart your opposition provided you do not rush in with no brain. Yes, you can and will be able to hold a flank on your own, but try to get others to support you as well, because the more, the merrier. If you cannot get around some heavies, load your OP HEAT rounds, and shoot them conservatively, as your high pen HEAT may be overkill at the top tier, when an AP round could do, or you may hit a track, throwing a game. However, the only real threats you now face are artillery, and field howitzers, as well as the 122mm dose of Russian bias. Peek-a-boom strategies work efficiently as most tanks you’ll peek at will have a sub 150 DMG so in most cases, you’ll out-trade your opponents.

^EASIEST WAY TO GET A MARK OF EXCELLENCE^

Tiers 6-8(Mid-Tier) : You are no longer a top dog, but you are still a force to be reckoned with, as you have marginally better alpha than most 90mm guns, and you have the speed most tier 8 mediums like the Indien Panzer/ STA-1 lack thereof. You can still penetrate a lot of higher tier heavies + well armored targets by using your knowledge of weak spots, but unless you can get to the sides of well armored tanks like the O-Ho, you will need to resort to HEAT shells(unless you would like to track them for assisted damage with HE) You must be conscientious of your modules, as they are very easy to get damaged, as well as your health. You no longer can ourtrade tier 8 mediums or lights as they have more health than you. This does not mean you cannot win against them in practice; you will likely fail in theory.  Watch out about revealing your sides, the ammo rack can and will be damaged/ detonated in a single shot by literally every tier 8 tank( only 120mm+ caliber guns can fully detonate your rack). As well, the enemy artillery pieces can deal exponentially more damage, more often than not resulting in one-shot deaths for you. All of this combined doesn’t necessarily mean you need to Kemp-In-Boosh, but you need to use that mobility to get to places where you can harass the heavy tanks, and hit them where it hurts. Alternatively, it is also a very effective idea to wolfpack with your mediums using your high DPM to harass distracted enemies. Be warned, though, the Konstrukta T-34/100 has a meagre 6 degrees of gun depression. Know when it is the right time to expose more of your tank to get shots due to the bad gun depression of the vehicle (E.G. When you know arty is aimed on you, when a tank is aimed at your position, when a high caliber weapon is trained on you.

Tiers 7-9(Bottom-Tier) : You are now the runt of the pack( barring tier 6 LT’s) and you need to play much, much more conservatively, as many tanks can two shot you, meaning you need less exposure. DO NOT brawl with tier IX’s, you are now a strict support role. This does not mean, however, that you need to red-line snipe. Use ALL of your HEAT shells if necessary. You can pen every single tier IX with your HEAT shells where AP would fail. (E-75 LFP, Type-4 Heavy, M103) You act cheeky and farm damage off every distracted Tier IX tanks, and you earn epic medals from killing Tier IX vehicles, as most of the Tier IX’s ignore you to shoot higher tier vehicles. Don’t even get me started on artillery, because as soon as you’re spotted, expect to die quickly unless you can get away.

Equipment+ Consumables:

For equipment, there are a variety of different loadouts you can choose. I prefer having that extra DPM so you can pump out better shots, so I use Improved Ventilation and Gun Rammer. As well, the ammo rack of this tank is spectacularly weak, being the same as the Tier V T-34, so I would also recommend Wet Ammo Rack.

I use Small Repair and Med Kit and an automatic fire extinguisher, as this tank breaks to bad module and crew health.

Map Strategies(BETA Ver 0.69):

El Halluf: Go with the heavies and do NOT go on the hill, as you don’t have the gun depression to reveal only your turret. Stay a little behind the hill, and deny heavies from advancing toward the Rock-Corridor-Thingy to give your heavies the space they need to side scrape effectively.

Live Oaks: Go with all the meds down to the hills, left of the railway, as you have the space to brawl, just go to the side thingy where you don’t need to depress your gun as much, because, SAY IT WITH ME, you have NO gun depression.

Sacred Valley(idk the Japanese map, don’t judge, k?) :You need to go where all the mediums go; to the town. As a medium, normally your job is to hold it off, and your alpha is really efficient at peak a booming. Thankfully, there are a lot of building there, making your job indefinitely easier. Beware of charging down the path to the red cap, as many TD’s set up shop there, and all it takes is a few shots from them before they send you to the garage.

Himmelsdorf: I normally go hill as the alpha+ dpm is really nice, and vaporates tanks with relative ease. However, if you feel that your team has lost a flank below the hill, fall back. More often than not, I rush forward, allowing the reds an easy capping victory. Bummer… something that could’ve been avoided. My main theme is that don’t ever depend on other friendlies to stop cap. I have lose many games thinking like that. Oh, fire HE to reset on tough nuggets.

Prokhorovka/Fiery Salient: It really depends on the MM I get. If I’m Mid/ Top tier, I will generally go mid, little towards the sniper alley, as I can spot there, and get side shots on unfortunate tanks spotted there. When I’m bottom tier, I just go kemp-in-boosh as I don’t have the armor+ gun depression for hill. Only when I’m guaranteed top tier + no arty do I ever go hill.

Mines: Use your speed to get to the hill and hold it off using that alpha to make other mediums/ lights change their minds, and die horribly. As an added bonus, once you have cleared all tanks that threaten the hill, use your view range to spot and tear apart reds in town, as well as Tank Destroyers that may camp at the enemy base.

I forgot a lot of other maps, but refer to the above section titled, How to Play, for a more generalized strategy on how to play on other maps.

Dénouement: I really loved this grind, and even though my crew will be transferred to my TVP VTU when I get enough credits to buy it, I won’t sell this tank, and possibly might even buy another 100% crew on a discount, as I loved this tank every single game. (That’s after I free xp all the modules on the TVP VTU, haha). One significant piece of advice I can give you to succeed more often in this tank is to LOOK AT THE MAP. FIND OUT WHICH FLANKS ARE SOFT/ LACKING AND ACT ACCORDINGLY. COORDINATE WITH YOUR TEAM FOR SUCCESS. These tips allowed me to go from a 400 win8 player to a 600 win8 and change from red to orange simply by playing this tank.

I wish you all a pleasant grind, and the best of luck on the battlefield. If you have any extra questions, feel free to post them below, I’ll take a look at them ASAP. 

P.S. I realize that this was a fairly length review clocking at just over 2,000 words. Wow. Bigger than my analytical essay on To Kill a Mockingbird, which was 1,500 words. Some of you may be upset that there is no TL;DR in the subsections above. However, I feel that this vehicle has quite a bit of miscellaneous attributes that cannot allow for an accurate TL;DR. 

I hope you enjoyed my guide on it, after a little over 160 games in it, being one of my highest experience earned per battle.

o7,

Fasteroid.

Edited by Fasteroid, Oct 23 2016 - 03:17.

CheekiBreeki_ #2 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 02:57

Major

• Banned
  • 46956 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
I dont understand how you perceive this tank as your favorite, its utter trash.

Fasteroid #3 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 03:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4408 battles
  • [CT001] CT001

View PostCheekiBreeki_, on Oct 22 2016 - 18:57, said:

I Doubt you have played this tank; or the fact could be that we all have different play styles, and the play style of the T-34/100 suits me perfectly. It is a phenomenon we cannot explain, bu =t I think it's called some people are better than others at different things. If you think it's trash, I respect you opinion, but that is all.

Derp_o7 #4 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 03:01

Captain

• Players
  • 31092 battles

View PostCheekiBreeki_, on Oct 22 2016 - 20:57, said:

Fasteroid #5 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 03:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4408 battles
  • [CT001] CT001

View PostMister_Derp, on Oct 22 2016 - 19:01, said:

I like how you all don't read the guide but focus on why it's trash. 10/10 forums so predictable.

getherefast17 #6 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 03:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13304 battles
Nope, best pen goes to panther 198 mm.

Fasteroid #7 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 03:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4408 battles
  • [CT001] CT001

View Postgetherefast17, on Oct 22 2016 - 19:04, said:

Nope, best pen goes to panther 198 mm.

*Facepalm* I knew I mucked up there. Thanks for the heads up buddy, will change it.

wrwsadv #8 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 03:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9795 battles
I feel like the reason you perceive it as a good tank is not so much the fact that it's an inherently good tank or that it just fits your playstyle, but more that you got it as you passed a skill cap and became a better player. This would have lead to you immediately getting better results in it than in tanks you may have had when you were a less skilled player, causing you to have a very good impression of it despite the fact that it is utter garbage. Nice guide though, a lot of effort must've gone into it. 

hiddenroomba #9 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 16:44

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10945 battles
  • [CT001] CT001

+1 nice guide. It's still trash and if you're angry about people not viewing/giving a [edited]about your post, deal with it, Scorpiany made a guide. Thing is, as soon as another person makes a guide that a well known person has already done, chances are that you're going to get less views than scorpiany.

And also lets not forget who gave you the Lowe ;)

Cav_Tanker_3_4_Cav #10 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 20:03

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36276 battles
  • [SAMDG] SAMDG
Ok, I am grinding the T34/100 and I have to say I haven't hated a tank more then this since the M3 Lee. This tank is about to make me give up on the Czech line all together because the Tier VIII doesn't look much better. However, thank you for the guide and I will try and follow your advice to see if I can improve so I can get past this tank,

Fasteroid #11 Posted Oct 29 2016 - 18:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4408 battles
  • [CT001] CT001

View PostCav_Tanker_3_4_Cav, on Oct 24 2016 - 12:03, said:

Ok, I am grinding the T34/100 and I have to say I haven't hated a tank more then this since the M3 Lee. This tank is about to make me give up on the Czech line all together because the Tier VIII doesn't look much better. However, thank you for the guide and I will try and follow your advice to see if I can improve so I can get past this tank,

I recommend following the advice especially for the maps and what to do when top/mid/bottom tier. I hope you enjoy the grind and get through this tank mastering it like I did. ALSO, SAVE FREE XP for TVP VTU STOCK GRIND..... Use dat 105mm I still have 1200 win8 in it and 50% wr like wthlol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users