• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

RamaLamaDingDong2 #21 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 18:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 29223 battles
  • [USAA] USAA

View PostBavor, on Oct 23 2016 - 10:56, said:

The mod is a time saver.  Instead of zooming in and out constantly to see where nearby tanks are aimed, it shows you on the map.  Also, some players have said the zooming in and out all the time to look at enemy turret positions makes them feel seasick.

Its a hell of lot more than time saver. It shows when you can safely peek around a corner with no chance of the opposition tanks shooting you. ALWAYS the same from illegal mod users " it doesn't help me to win its just informational or saves me time". Simple solution for all of these issues. WG can eliminate the mod folder or include legal mods in the game as an option for all to use under their useful software section. But that would clarify things and be consistent which is something WG doesn't understand.

Bavor #22 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 18:09

Major

• Players
  • 34910 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostAiyden, on Oct 23 2016 - 11:38, said:

I gotta be honest here... seriously this advantage is huge. I dont understand how you thought this should be allowed if ever. If i ran this mod my stats would for sure improve. You would always be able to peek a boom at the right time no matter what to enemy tanks. 

Now i realize that some people signed off on it and that made you feel it was okaies. However this mod just makes me feel dirty..straight clubbin baby seals. Maybe its just me tho.

Not to mention you would be able to tell team mates even if they didnt have it. Sooo..would be really easy to charge attacks, sneak around as a light, or whatever. Since all you had to do was see the mod if anyone was aiming in your direction. WHich would indicate faster then sixth sense.

Wargaming employees said it was a legal mod because it didn't give you any information you can't get without a legal zoom out mod or chat with team mates.  

View Postscyorkie, on Oct 23 2016 - 11:39, said:

There is a 2-year-old list here: https://na.wargaming...kb/articles/294

It expressly bans this mod.

The mod was banned previously because it gave information about turret direction outside the draw box.  The mod was updated to only give info on turret direction inside the draw box.  That's when it was changed to be a legal mod.  Wargaming employees said it was a legal mod because it didn't give you any information you can't get without a legal zoom out mod or chat with team mates.

View Post_Charlito_, on Oct 23 2016 - 11:44, said:

IDK seems like this mod is still very questionable, If a team mate is not in LOS of a tank it still shows the direction of the turret without the aid of teammate.  This mod does give you an unfair advantage over someone who does not have it.  In order for this mod to have or be using " active teamwork " they would have to have clear LOS or at least a team mate .would have to see their turret to know which direction it is pointing.

Would the mod that shows when a tank runs over trees and houses be legal if it only show what was being broke in your view range? 

Wargaming employees said it was a legal mod because it didn't give you any information you can't get without a legal zoom out mod or chat with team mates.

View PostRundog, on Oct 23 2016 - 11:50, said:

Whoa what an advantage. It should never have been legal.

The reason I asked on the forums about the mod was many other players asked before me after the mod was updated to only work withing the draw box(now draw circle)and nobody form Wargaming replied to them.  I saw Youtube videos and streams from other players using the mod, including clans we were fighting against in clan wars at the time.  If Wargaming said its legal I was going to use it if the players in clans we were fighting against were using it.  

If other players are using the mod and I wasn't I felt that I was at a disadvantage, especially if Wargmaing told me the mod is legal.

Bavor #23 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 18:14

Major

• Players
  • 34910 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Oct 23 2016 - 12:07, said:

Its a hell of lot more than time saver. It shows when you can safely peek around a corner with no chance of the opposition tanks shooting you. ALWAYS the same from illegal mod users " it doesn't help me to win its just informational or saves me time". 

I can also know when to peek around a corner using a legal zoom out mod.  Should zoom out mods be illegal?

Block Quote

Simple solution for all of these issues. WG can eliminate the mod folder or include legal mods in the game as an option for all to use under their useful software section. But that would clarify things and be consistent which is something WG doesn't understand.

Before there was a res_mods folder there were still mods for WoT.  You can even install mods without using the res_mods folder.

One of the issues is Wargaming takes forever to add popular mods to the game.  How many years did ti take to get a damage log and two row tank carousel?  If Wargaming was quick about adding popular mods, then there would be no issues with what's legal and what's a grey area and what's illegal.  

Then again Wargmaing supports failtooning by showing tier 6 regular matchmaking tanks in tier 10 battles in best replays of the week.  So you can't expect much useful logic from the company.

Mudman24 #24 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 18:19

Major

• Players
  • 36582 battles

View PostBavor, on Oct 23 2016 - 11:14, said:

I can also know when to peek around a corner using a legal zoom out mod.  Should zoom out mods be illegal?

There is only one way to do it with enough information to be safe, and that is with one of those mods. Why are mods allowed that give tactical advantage over the vanilla client?

Bavor #25 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 18:36

Major

• Players
  • 34910 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostMudman24, on Oct 23 2016 - 12:19, said:

There is only one way to do it with enough information to be safe, and that is with one of those mods. Why are mods allowed that give tactical advantage over the vanilla client?

Wargaming still hasn't added team voice chat after all of these years.  If that was available, many mods wouldn't be necessary.  Imagine how much better teamwork in pub battles could be if you had instant communication?

Sure you would have to end up blocking trolls and some immature people from your voice chat, but team voice chat abilities would remove the need for many mods.

scyorkie #26 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 18:36

Major

• Players
  • 74352 battles

View PostBavor, on Oct 24 2016 - 00:59, said:

I guess nobody remembers what Sela was banned for and keeps spreading misinformation.  Sela was not banned for the turret direction mod.

Sela was using the mod that shows destroyed objects on the minimap.  At the time Wargamign didn't say it was illegal to use.  However a Wargamign employee watching Sela's stream banned Sela for using it.  Then Sela logged into another coconut he had an continued playing.

Sela was actually banned for circumventing the ban by logging into an outer account and not using the proper process to appeal the ban.

Yeah we know the "official reason" was for circumventing a sanction. But for that official reason to make sense, the initial sanction has to be valid, right? WG didn't exactly justify the initial sanction, but subsequently came up with the list of banned mods which contained several of the mods that Sela was using. They should have outright explained that these mods were the reason for the initial sanction -- it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the unfair advantage that they grant -- but anyway many have just come to take it that Sela was banned for using these mods.

scyorkie #27 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 18:41

Major

• Players
  • 74352 battles

View PostBavor, on Oct 24 2016 - 01:36, said:

Wargaming still hasn't added team voice chat after all of these years.  If that was available, many mods wouldn't be necessary.  Imagine how much better teamwork in pub battles could be if you had instant communication?

Sure you would have to end up blocking trolls and some immature people from your voice chat, but team voice chat abilities would remove the need for many mods.

I wouldn't be on voice comms with 14 others in a pub match -- even if everyone speaks the same language and is a competent player, it would be too messy to be useful. There's a reason why in CW only the caller speaks unless someone else has vital information to relay.

scyorkie #28 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 18:49

Major

• Players
  • 74352 battles

View PostBavor, on Oct 24 2016 - 01:09, said:

The mod was banned previously because it gave information about turret direction outside the draw box.  The mod was updated to only give info on turret direction inside the draw box.  That's when it was changed to be a legal mod.  Wargaming employees said it was a legal mod because it didn't give you any information you can't get without a legal zoom out mod or chat with team mates.

Every player I've seen with this mod has the version which shows turret direction outside of draw range (and I've reported every one of them if they're on the NA server).

BLADZ11 #29 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 19:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 55245 battles
  • [CD_QC] CD_QC

The community is fed up with all the cheat's ,reload counter-tree falls-aimbot's and what not ,It would be so simple to make this game clean ,Why WG is not listening to us ?

nuclearguy931 #30 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 20:15

Major

• Players
  • 83624 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

It was one of the first mods to be banned after the famous live stream broadcast by a popular mod pack supplier back in March 2014:

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/294

Bavor #31 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 20:29

Major

• Players
  • 34910 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View Postscyorkie, on Oct 23 2016 - 12:49, said:

Every player I've seen with this mod has the version which shows turret direction outside of draw range (and I've reported every one of them if they're on the NA server).

I've been told that the version of the turret direction mod that shows turret direction outside of the draw range hasn't worked since spring 2015.  There were game client changes in early 2015.  The WoT server doesn't give the game client info about what happened outside of draw range until the tank moves to where those areas are within draw range.   That's why the current version of the turret direction mod only shows turret direction within draw range.  Its impossible for the mod to work outside of draw range.

Fodder_2016 #32 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 20:44

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12279 battles

View PostBavor, on Oct 23 2016 - 18:14, said:

Then again Wargmaing supports failtooning by showing tier 6 regular matchmaking tanks in tier 10 battles in best replays of the week.  So you can't expect much useful logic from the company.

I've been told that this was eliminated in the console version. As PC and console dev teams are separate and likely have different priorities, I'll give WG the benefit of the doubt for now.  But it does need to be addressed on the PC client as well.

Bavor #33 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 21:17

Major

• Players
  • 34910 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostFodder_2016, on Oct 23 2016 - 14:44, said:

I've been told that this was eliminated in the console version. As PC and console dev teams are separate and likely have different priorities, I'll give WG the benefit of the doubt for now.  But it does need to be addressed on the PC client as well.

Players have been complaining about failtooning for years and instead of addressing it, Wargaming featured it on Best Replays of the Week.  You actually think they will do something about it after ignoring it for 5 years?

Bavor #34 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 22:19

Major

• Players
  • 34910 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
I've talked with several mod pack creators and all it seems that of them were previously told the mod is legal on the NA server by Wargaming NA.

RamaLamaDingDong2 #35 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 02:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 29223 battles
  • [USAA] USAA

View PostBavor, on Oct 23 2016 - 11:14, said:

Dont try to spin doctor your cheat. No you cant safely without the help of a mod.

RamaLamaDingDong2 #36 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 02:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 29223 battles
  • [USAA] USAA

View PostBavor, on Oct 23 2016 - 13:29, said:

I've been told that the version of the turret direction mod that shows turret direction outside of the draw range hasn't worked since spring 2015.  There were game client changes in early 2015.  The WoT server doesn't give the game client info about what happened outside of draw range until the tank moves to where those areas are within draw range.   That's why the current version of the turret direction mod only shows turret direction within draw range.  Its impossible for the mod to work outside of draw range.

Bavor you were caught using an Illegal mod. Its over you now have to learn to play without it and actually get better. I know its a shock to you but most of us play without the need of a crutch. There is no amount of posting on here that will change that.

Bavor #37 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 05:28

Major

• Players
  • 34910 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Oct 23 2016 - 20:10, said:

Dont try to spin doctor your cheat. No you cant safely without the help of a mod.

Seriously?  You think I was cheating using a modification that the Assistant Producer of WoT told me was legal?  Wow your lack of logic astounds me.  One of the highest ranking people at WoT NA told me the mod is legal, I have screenshots showing this, and someone at Wargmaing changed their mind about the legality of the mod without telling anyone so I was cheating because someone changed the rules and didn't tell anyone?  Its like ggetting arrested for chewing gum because someone decided to secretly pass a law that made chewing gum illegal.

I contacted several mod pack makers about this issue and they all thought the mod was legal also based on when they were told by Wargaming NA employees when they asked about it.  Also they said the zoom out mod is still legal. :)

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Oct 23 2016 - 20:12, said:

Bavor you were caught using an Illegal mod. Its over you now have to learn to play without it and actually get better. I know its a shock to you but most of us play without the need of a crutch. There is no amount of posting on here that will change that.

The Assistant Producer of WoT NA(Pigeon_of_War)  told me the mod was legal.  So get off your high horse.  Pigeon_of_War posted it in the WoT NA forums in a thread where people asked the legality of specific mods.  Several people, including myself, have screenshots of this.

I have played vanilla last year and managed a 2,000+ WN8 and 55% win rate.  So, it looks like I can still play without a "crutch" as you call it.

Also 30-40% of players I see in game use mods.  How do I know?  XVM actually tells you what other players in battle have XVM and have it activated.  Between 10 and 15 players per battle have XVM activated, sometimes more.  That's just XVM and  not other mods.  So don't act like using mods is an uncommon thing among players.

You sound like you are upset because players are better than you and you blame their mod usage.  You should be upset that Wargaming changes the rules about the legality of mods without telling anyone and has no clear person in charge of determining what is legal and what isn't.  You should be upset that the legality of mods changes from server to server and from month to month.

Maybe if Wargaming didn't take 5 years to implement popular mods into the game interface(such as a multi row carousel, garage filters, damage log, more cross hairs, view range info on the minimap, etc...), people wouldn't have the need for mods and none of this would be an issue.

scyorkie #38 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 07:20

Major

• Players
  • 74352 battles

25k games and recent blue, so you should know better. Many others have seen Pigeon's post and still decided to stay away from that mod.

Avalon304 #39 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 00:43

Major

• Players
  • 24502 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View Postscyorkie, on Oct 23 2016 - 22:20, said:

25k games and recent blue, so you should know better. Many others have seen Pigeon's post and still decided to stay away from that mod.

How should he know better? Someone said it was ok... so he used it. How is he supposed to know that someone would secretly change their minds? That requires precognition.

scyorkie #40 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 01:30

Major

• Players
  • 74352 battles
It only requires you to exercise independent judgment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users