• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

ballyspringer #61 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 18:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23569 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Oct 26 2016 - 03:12, said:

Some of them assist players with handicaps to enjoy the game as well. Your statement that none of them are needed to play the game is an opinion, not fact. And quite frankly, I do not want any game-site checking data on my system.  

As for advantages over other players, that logic falls apart. Mods are free to everyone. If you or anyone else does not use them, that's on you, not the mod user. And  the "seal clubbing" reference is way over the top.

No offense.

Where to start -

First off it's not an opinion - plenty of people play the game without any mods at all it's 100% possible to play that way at the very highest levels of the game (a friend of mine for example is a solid purple player and is completely mod free), that's pretty much the definition of a fact that can be easily proved.  Saying you believe they are needed because it helps you do X - that's an opinion.

what is needed to assist with handicaps in the game outside of for the colorblind modes?  I have severe arthritis myself for example which is why I don't have a ton of games with how long I've been playing, and have no clue what mods could assist with any handicap outside of colorblind.

If you mean skill handicap (like in golf) that's precisely my point that they should all be taken out of the system.  If you can't get your skill up on your own you have two options:

• enjoy the game knowing you will probably not do well overall but you have fun playing so who cares

or

• if you are not having fun try to find a game that does match up with your skills

I know plenty of guys in this game who are "tomatoes" with 30-60k games and just have fun and love to play the game.  They are a blast to  platoon with also as it's a very laid back have fun experience with great conversation while we play.  Does PLT'ing with them end up bringing down my win %? absolutely but hey it's all about the fun and that is fun to me and they are having fun also.

As for the "free to everyone" - yes, but how many newer players even know they exist?  For example I played roughly 3k games before joining a clan who told me about them (as this was just a fun side-game for a long time for me) and had no clue mods existed or where to get them before that (as reading a forum should never be required to play a game).

Typically anything that can be used in a game can be found in the game itself - that's the main issue I have with mods as they create an uneven playing field due to it all being 3rd party found elsewhere and unless you know you are at a disadvantage, which in particular hurts retaining newer players.  To me if there was something "missing" in the game to make it more playable or a better experience it should be voiced by the players and addressed by WG - not left up to the whimsy of 3rd party mod makers and usable by only those who know about it even if they are "free to everyone"

Edited by ballyspringer, Oct 26 2016 - 18:25.

RamaLamaDingDong2 #62 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 02:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 29236 battles
  • [USAA] USAA

View PostBavor, on Oct 23 2016 - 22:28, said:

Seriously?  You think I was cheating using a modification that the Assistant Producer of WoT told me was legal?  Wow your lack of logic astounds me.  One of the highest ranking people at WoT NA told me the mod is legal, I have screenshots showing this, and someone at Wargmaing changed their mind about the legality of the mod without telling anyone so I was cheating because someone changed the rules and didn't tell anyone?  Its like ggetting arrested for chewing gum because someone decided to secretly pass a law that made chewing gum illegal.

I contacted several mod pack makers about this issue and they all thought the mod was legal also based on when they were told by Wargaming NA employees when they asked about it.  Also they said the zoom out mod is still legal. :)

The Assistant Producer of WoT NA(Pigeon_of_War)  told me the mod was legal.  So get off your high horse.  Pigeon_of_War posted it in the WoT NA forums in a thread where people asked the legality of specific mods.  Several people, including myself, have screenshots of this.

I have played vanilla last year and managed a 2,000+ WN8 and 55% win rate.  So, it looks like I can still play without a "crutch" as you call it.

Also 30-40% of players I see in game use mods.  How do I know?  XVM actually tells you what other players in battle have XVM and have it activated.  Between 10 and 15 players per battle have XVM activated, sometimes more.  That's just XVM and  not other mods.  So don't act like using mods is an uncommon thing among players.

You sound like you are upset because players are better than you and you blame their mod usage.  You should be upset that Wargaming changes the rules about the legality of mods without telling anyone and has no clear person in charge of determining what is legal and what isn't.  You should be upset that the legality of mods changes from server to server and from month to month.

Maybe if Wargaming didn't take 5 years to implement popular mods into the game interface(such as a multi row carousel, garage filters, damage log, more cross hairs, view range info on the minimap, etc...), people wouldn't have the need for mods and none of this would be an issue.

Old saying he who protests to much is guilty.

RamaLamaDingDong2 #63 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 03:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 29236 battles
  • [USAA] USAA

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 25 2016 - 00:36, said:

Again... in response to Autoaim+ GhostPrime responds with "Aimbots" which AutoAim+ doesnt qualify as. *sigh*

Its typical confusion over two entirely different programs

GhostPrime #64 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 17:06

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 805 battles

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Oct 26 2016 - 19:00, said:

Its typical confusion over two entirely different programs

It was a mistype. I did mean "Autoaim" There is quite a big difference. I apologize for the confusion. 

Cognitive_Dissonance #65 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 18:00

Major

• Players
  • 40641 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View PostGhostPrime, on Oct 27 2016 - 10:06, said:

It was a mistype. I did mean "Autoaim" There is quite a big difference. I apologize for the confusion. 

Great, thanks.

I am taking that as Autoaim, and any form of it, will be, or is illegal. Just being safe.

Bavor #66 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 19:49

Major

• Players
  • 34917 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Oct 26 2016 - 20:59, said:

Old saying he who protests to much is guilty.

Typical crap from someone who thinks everyone better than him in a game is just because they use mods.

LeaveIT2Beaver #67 Posted Oct 28 2016 - 12:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 37901 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostSmirkingGerbil, on Oct 27 2016 - 12:00, said:

Great, thanks.

I am taking that as Autoaim, and any form of it, will be, or is illegal. Just being safe.

How could you possibly in any illogical dream construe GhostPrime's  post as meaning what you just typed?  That equates to trolling. Your punctuation is a wreck also.

Here is the list

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/501557-policy-on-prohibited-modifications/

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Oct 28 2016 - 12:25.

LeaveIT2Beaver #68 Posted Oct 28 2016 - 12:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 37901 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostBavor, on Oct 27 2016 - 13:49, said:

Typical crap from someone who thinks everyone better than him in a game is just because they use mods.

Yeah he's a sarcastic in-game and garage rager. He must be 13 years old. He doth protest too much, so ....

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Oct 28 2016 - 12:25.

Cognitive_Dissonance #69 Posted Oct 28 2016 - 16:40

Major

• Players
  • 40641 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Oct 28 2016 - 05:18, said:

How could you possibly in any illogical dream construe GhostPrime's  post as meaning what you just typed?  That equates to trolling. Your punctuation is a wreck also.

Here is the list

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/501557-policy-on-prohibited-modifications/

Was watching a router reload at the time, you know working. However, my point was that I am going vanilla, have been working that way for some time. The only things I run now are custom sniper reticles, and team health bar.

You can keep using Autoaim+ in your arty Skippy, it won't help you get better.

Cognitive_Dissonance #70 Posted Oct 28 2016 - 16:42

Major

• Players
  • 40641 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Oct 28 2016 - 05:20, said:

Yeah he's a sarcastic in-game and garage rager. He must be 13 years old. He doth protest too much, so ....

You are only supposed to use 3 ellipses, your punctuation is atrocious.

CrazySOB187 #71 Posted Oct 28 2016 - 16:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17967 battles
mods are just that and as of right now WG cant stop them so use whatever you like

RamaLamaDingDong2 #72 Posted Oct 30 2016 - 21:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 29236 battles
  • [USAA] USAA

View PostBavor, on Oct 27 2016 - 12:49, said:

Has nothing to do with that and again you use the same line to cover yourself that's always tossed out.  As I said you protest way to much....fake or real numbers I could care less. I don't use mods because I don't care what color a player is in a match. I don't come to the forums to get support to advocate an illegal mode I use either.

RamaLamaDingDong2 #73 Posted Oct 30 2016 - 21:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 29236 battles
  • [USAA] USAA

View PostCrazySOB187, on Oct 28 2016 - 09:54, said:

mods are just that and as of right now WG cant stop them so use whatever you like

Well looks like someones play needs to be recorded and submitted

Rain_Twister_EU #74 Posted Jan 21 2017 - 07:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

#Banallmods

#Nomoremods

#Eventhebattlefield

QWERTYEel89 #75 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 04:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23032 battles
awesome, its a shame WG can't e more precise on their stance towards mods. I would hate to be a foolish new player or sees "MODS R LEGAL!!!!" without diving deeper. Shouldn't need to run through a damn court transcript to get a definitive answer.

leeuniverse #76 Posted May 03 2017 - 02:21

Major

• Players
  • 41035 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostBavor, on Oct 23 2016 - 09:11, said:

It appears that the legality of the turret direction on the minimap mod on the NA server has changed.

Previously I was told it was legal.

Now people are being banned for using it.  I submitted a support ticket with screen shots to report a player who was saying very positive things about Hitler, saying Jews should go in ovens, and saying racist things about people of darker skin tones through the battle.  As a result of me using the mod I received a 1 week ban which was reversed.

The legality changed because "provide information to the individual player without the use of active teamwork" apparently means something different now than it did in 2015.  I was previously told that the mod was legal because it doesn't provide a payer with any information that they can't get by zooming our or communicating with team mates.  

I'd suggest players not use the mod at this point.

Exactly.....!

There must be disabled (or Leftists) who are in charge of this now, that they are simply judging whether a mod should be banned or not, based on FEELINGS rather than sound reasoning.

This mod and the enemy reload mod, as long as they only showed within ones spotting/viewrange/draw range whatever, and only showed STOCK reload etc. (not data mined), there is no way they should be considered "cheating", because like you said, it's information you can know from "active communication" or other means such as your own eyes, zooming in, zooming out, etc. that is entirely LEGAL to know otherwise.

Legal versions of these things were only "helps" because of this, NOT in fact "cheats".

Update.....  Just read through many of the posts, and GhostPrime is clearly a "noobie" who doesn't understand AT ALL the theory crafting behind what makes legal and illegal.

He clearly doesn't understand that almost EVERY MOD that's used in the Battle UI gives an "advantage"... that's why they are used.

My friggin vastly better Players Panel Tank Icons give me the MOST advantage of ANY mod I've ever used, and guess what, I have that advantage over many other players who are playing (which is a false excuse he used), it's THAT VITAL to me, including WAY more so even when I used the enemy gun direction and reload mods.  Without those I'm just fine, they were only a help. (helps don't rise to cheating)...

However, without my PP Tank Icons, I play like crap!

Take his example of facing several tanks and know when they are reloading..... Well guess what, you can see, hear etc. when the enemy's have shot and are reloading.

The problem here, is GhostPrime and whomever else is now involved in these decisions clearly don't understand the difference between advantage and "unfair" advantage.

The "standard" they are currently judging these mods would ban my Players Panel Icons.....  and that's simply NOT the standard.

This is why the RULE that determined what was banned or not was made, so we know, and it's exactly why those mods should NOT be banned, and weren't for a time.

It is not "hidden" info, and/or it's info that can be known by "active communication with teammates.

That's the rule, period.  Yet, they are breaking that rule because they "feel" these mods are "unfair", when they clearly don't in fact break that rule.

They are within Viewrange (whatever), they don't provide any hidden info, or unknowable info.

Conclusion.....  These Wargaming staff members need correction.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users