low tiers

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Son__Of__Anarchy #1 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 07:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 29056 battles

then people paying real money to skip the low tiers..

i did too for most of the lines i grind..

and it comes natural when you try to play tier 4 and you come against tier 6 ALWAYS..

its nonsence.. a tier 4 vehicle doesnt stand a chance in a tier 6 battle.. 

the difference its HUGE.. in 98% of the cases a tier 4 vehicle cant do crapagainst a tier 6 no matter where you shoot them, sides, rear.. it just DOESNT matter cause you simply cant pen them.. your gun and firepower wont allow you to hurt them.. not even to break their tracks..

untill someone (in most cases no matter who) sees you and simply kills you with a single shot..

its just stupid to try grind a line from the begin, being tier 3 against 5s, tier 4 against 6s..

low tiers up to/and tier 6 shouldnt be put in battles against 2 tiers higher.. they cant hurt the enemy..

enemy sees you and laughs at you, wont even make any effort to hide from you.. he just waits for his gun to reload just in front your face and blows you with a single shot from your full health..

and then you play high tiers (9-10) where you can finally make decent games against equal strenth enemies and in first bad game you do you have idiots telling you "go back to tier 4"..

NO dude.. YOU go back to tier 4 if you like it so much to be bottom tier and single shotted all the time..

untill WG realizes whats happening in low tiers and fix things, we will keep buying our way to higher tiers so we are able to face enemy and practically hurt them..

heavymetal1967 #2 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 07:28

Major

• Players
  • 73226 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

My tier four PzNA that sees tier sevens and used to see tier eights that I use the tier two L/43 gun on for aimtime and reload reasons that has Orlik's medals begs to differ.

And that's just one of many examples of bottom tiered tanks being able to contribute and damage top tier tanks.

Son__Of__Anarchy #3 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 07:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 29056 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Oct 25 2016 - 07:28, said:

My tier four PzNA that sees tier sevens and used to see tier eights that I use the tier two L/43 gun on for aimtime and reload reasons that has Orlik's medals begs to differ.

And that's just one of many examples of bottom tiered tanks being able to contribute and damage top tier tanks.

when i have your amount of battles and experience, and have enough with playing my high tier tanks,

i may return to low tiers for the fun of it.. 

but as long as i am learning the game and trying to advance some lines in higher tiers.. money is the best solution..

and anyway, no matter what you say, you know it already that i am talking the truth here..

vehicles up to tier 5-6 (and especially tiers 3 and 4) fighting against 2 tiers higher, most likely will die having caused 0 to 37-43 damage..

i dont want my tier 4 to go tier 5 next year.. i want to advance a little faster..

Dirizon #4 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 07:46

Major

• Players
  • 27926 battles

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 25 2016 - 07:35, said:

when i have your amount of battles and experience, and have enough with playing my high tier tanks,

i may return to low tiers for the fun of it.. 

but as long as i am learning the game and trying to advance some lines in higher tiers.. money is the best solution..

and anyway, no matter what you say, you know it already that i am talking the truth here..

vehicles up to tier 5-6 (and especially tiers 3 and 4) fighting against 2 tiers higher, most likely will die having caused 0 to 37-43 damage..

i dont want my tier 4 to go tier 5 next year.. i want to advance a little faster..

Denopoulous, it is a good step you are trying to learn, and gain experience. Matchmaker and game tiers will always be a problem, they actually used to be worse, at 3 tiers not 2. Tier 4 is also in a bad position, because tanks in tier 5 & 6 have lots of 1O.5  &  12.2cm caliber that can one-hit kill tiers 4 and 5. But however you look at it,  tier 3 is extremely terrible, in that tier 5 dominates them easily.

My advice is to get tier 4s that have a good chance to contribute. And stay away from tier 4s that are poor tanks. For instance, French, German, Japan tier 4 heavy tanks, B1, DW2, Type 95 only have tier 3, 4, 5 matches. They do not go to 6 - and have the strongest hitpoints in tier. This gives them less disadvantage. Tier 4 tanks like Panzer lV, M8A1, T28, Valentine, Hetzer, T4O, Matilda are also dangerous enough to annoy and damage even tier 6 tanks, and are strong tiered tanks.  Tanks at opposite which suck and cannot compete well, include M5 stuart, PZNA38, A2O - these are tanks to skip with free EXP.

Demonic_Angel_of_Death #5 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 07:59

Major

• Players
  • 2168 battles
*Remembers getting Top Gun in the T-50 in a tier 9 match the night before the nerf patch came out*...

ket101 #6 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 08:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18441 battles
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M
OP, if people skip Tier 4, well, it's not surprising that you don't get Tier 4 matches.  The more people in a tier, the more likely that you'll get favorable battle tiering.  Otherwise, you're stuck with what other people are playing, and if that's Tier 6's, that's what you get.

Son__Of__Anarchy #7 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 08:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 29056 battles

View PostDirizon, on Oct 25 2016 - 07:46, said:

Denopoulous, it is a good step you are trying to learn, and gain experience. Matchmaker and game tiers will always be a problem, they actually used to be worse, at 3 tiers not 2. Tier 4 is also in a bad position, because tanks in tier 5 & 6 have lots of 1O.5  &  12.2cm caliber that can one-hit kill tiers 4 and 5. But however you look at it,  tier 3 is extremely terrible, in that tier 5 dominates them easily.

My advice is to get tier 4s that have a good chance to contribute. And stay away from tier 4s that are poor tanks. For instance, French, German, Japan tier 4 heavy tanks, B1, DW2, Type 95 only have tier 3, 4, 5 matches. They do not go to 6 - and have the strongest hitpoints in tier. This gives them less disadvantage. Tier 4 tanks like Panzer lV, M8A1, T28, Valentine, Hetzer, T4O, Matilda are also dangerous enough to annoy and damage even tier 6 tanks, and are strong tiered tanks.  Tanks at opposite which suck and cannot compete well, include M5 stuart, PZNA38, A2O - these are tanks to skip with free EXP.

yes mate, you know what i am talking about..

i currently grind the T 57 Heavy and TVP T 50-51 lines..

in both of them i am tier 4.. M5 stuart and St vz.39..

havent play a lower than tier 6 battle with either of them so far..

literally those 2 cant do a scratch against tier 6 vehicles, not even scratch most of tier 5s to be honest..

how is someone supposed to advance if not pay some real cash?

be patient for the next 2 years earning 50 to 80exp per battle?

aw well, not me!

i know i am not the best player and i have my bad games too as everyone else..

and yet when i play my tier 9 and 10 tanks i can be a serious threat.. i will do at least 2K damage in most games, very often end up in top 5 of the playerlist.. 

in oppose of playing up to tier 6 against 2 tier higher vehicles where i really cant do crap excluded few rare cases..

Son__Of__Anarchy #8 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 08:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 29056 battles

View Postket101, on Oct 25 2016 - 08:00, said:

OP, if people skip Tier 4, well, it's not surprising that you don't get Tier 4 matches.  The more people in a tier, the more likely that you'll get favorable battle tiering.  Otherwise, you're stuck with what other people are playing, and if that's Tier 6's, that's what you get.

i am just a little tired of being food for tier 6s that trying to advance to their tier 7 vehicles when i play tier 4 mate..

its really no fun at all..

i dont know what is the reason for being forced to ALWAYS play against 2-3 tiers higher in my low tiers but i definitelly not enjoying it..

instead relax and enjoy as someone is supposed to while playing a game, i find myself sweating and swearing, cursing gods and demons when i play low tiers..

really, not fun..

Red_Ensign #9 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 08:10

Major

• Players
  • 7328 battles

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 25 2016 - 01:05, said:

i am just a little tired of being food for tier 6s

food?  I get bottom tier and think 'challenge accepted!'

Son__Of__Anarchy #10 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 08:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 29056 battles

i finished 5 lines so far in the game..

IS-7, T110E5, obj 140, T 62A and Leopard 1..

from those 5 tier 10 vehicles (which i kept the tier 9s as well in my garage) only 2 i played the full line and advanced to the end.. those 2 are the IS-7 and the Leopard 1..

the fact that i played the entire line to advance to tier 10 in those 2, didnt make me any better on handling them than the rest 3 that i entirelly researched with converted free exp..

so the excuse of many players "you know your vehicle when you played its full line" doesnt really stand..

if you know what to do, you know what to do with any vehicle, if you dont, you just dont.. no matter you played the entire line of a tier 10 or not..

edit: finished 4 lines actually since obj 140 and T 62A grind the same line..

Edited by Apostolos_Denopoulos, Oct 25 2016 - 08:22.

Huey_Long #11 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 09:18

Major

• Players
  • 24613 battles

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 25 2016 - 06:35, said:

What an opened minded individual you are! 

I'm so glad you came here to the forums to get validation and not for actual criticism. 

Just kidding! This is the forums. Where arguing is a common place. 

You're bad at low tiers. They're telling you to go down to tier 4 because you're bad at tier 10. They want you to relearn. I would have normally said tier 1. But tier 4 works. It's all bad that low, that is true. But considering you have a bunch of tier 10s and a 45% win rate, you aren't actually helping anyone. In fact, you have an have damage of below 700. Where in tier 10s, you should be doing an average of 3k. Your most likely not familiar with much of the mechanics and blaming wargaming like the rest of the baddies in the community do because learning is extremely difficult, I know. It's like summer reading all over again. Who wants to do that? You sure don't. That's probably why you're here, to just get someone to agree with you, get validation for your baddieness and then leave feeling as the victor when the truth is much, much different. 

Please read some manuals. Watch some videos. And stay out of tier 10 until you can learn more about the mechanics and not gimp your team in the process like you are currently by playing those said tier 10s.

Son__Of__Anarchy #12 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 11:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 29056 battles

View PostLaceylace, on Oct 25 2016 - 09:18, said:

What an opened minded individual you are! 

I'm so glad you came here to the forums to get validation and not for actual criticism. 

Just kidding! This is the forums. Where arguing is a common place. 

You're bad at low tiers. They're telling you to go down to tier 4 because you're bad at tier 10. They want you to relearn. I would have normally said tier 1. But tier 4 works. It's all bad that low, that is true. But considering you have a bunch of tier 10s and a 45% win rate, you aren't actually helping anyone. In fact, you have an have damage of below 700. Where in tier 10s, you should be doing an average of 3k. Your most likely not familiar with much of the mechanics and blaming wargaming like the rest of the baddies in the community do because learning is extremely difficult, I know. It's like summer reading all over again. Who wants to do that? You sure don't. That's probably why you're here, to just get someone to agree with you, get validation for your baddieness and then leave feeling as the victor when the truth is much, much different. 

Please read some manuals. Watch some videos. And stay out of tier 10 until you can learn more about the mechanics and not gimp your team in the process like you are currently by playing those said tier 10s.

i didnt come here to get any validation.. i came to start a thread that may be readed by some moderator or anyone and make them think.. and then maybe they do some suggestion, or whatever.. edit: i mean i came with a suggestion for the low tiers up to tier 6 to be put in battles against ONLY 1 tier higher instead 2..

if by any means and for whatever reason succeed any small change for the good of low tiers that makes them playable i would be more than happy..

and to be honest, i see worse players than me in high tiers, and not JUST by stats.. i so often see players with what considered "good win rate" to be failing so bad.. to do the stupidest things in the world.. to literally wasting a pure win..

and as i said, when i play in high tiers i am very often in top 5 of player list.. higher than all those with the "win rates" that prove "how good players they are.."

and after all, when i reach 30-40-60K battles.. i bet eventually my own win rate will be what considered "good" as well.. i am in no rush to go there and as far as i enjoy better playing in high tiers rather than low, i prefer to stay in high tiers!

but thanks for the suggestions anyway!

apreciated!

Edited by Apostolos_Denopoulos, Oct 25 2016 - 11:24.

Doomslinger #13 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 11:23

Major

• Players
  • 72798 battles

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 25 2016 - 06:06, said:

i didnt come here to get any validation.. i came to start a thread that may be readed by some moderator or anyone and make them think.. and then maybe they do some suggestion, or whatever..

if by any means and for whatever reason succeed any small change for the good of low tiers that makes them playable i would be more than happy..

and to be honest, i see worse players than me in high tiers, and not JUST by stats.. i so often see players with what considered "good win rate" to be failing so bad.. to do the stupidest things in the world.. to literally wasting a pure win..

and as i said, when i play in high tiers i am very often in top 5 of player list.. higher than all those with the "win rates" that prove "how good players they are.."

and after all, when i reach 30-40-60K battles.. i bet eventually my own win rate will be what considered "good" as well.. i am in no rush to go there and as far as i enjoy better playing in high tiers rather than low, i prefer to stay in high tiers!

but thanks for the suggestions anyway!

apreciated!

It gets harder to win as you go up the tiers, not easier. I can solo 60% plus win rates in some lower tier tanks and most are at least 55% or higher. Once you get to tier 7 or 8, it starts to get much more difficult to solo higher win rates for the simple fact that the amount of hitpoints you need to eliminate to win gets a lot higher while dpm stays about the same 1800-2500 in most cases. If you can't do well at lower tiers, expect to be even worse at higher tiers. It would be best if you stayed at tiers 5 and 6 and learn how to play well there. Once you can at least average around 50% and green stats there, move up to higher tiers. I do agree that tiers 1-4 are terrible but there are a few tier 4 tanks that I can do really well in such as the Luchs and M8A1 but those tanks have high skill ceilings and good players can do well in them. Bad players will fail miserably in those tanks.

Son__Of__Anarchy #14 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 11:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 29056 battles

View PostDoomslinger, on Oct 25 2016 - 11:23, said:

It gets harder to win as you go up the tiers, not easier. I can solo 60% plus win rates in some lower tier tanks and most are at least 55% or higher. Once you get to tier 7 or 8, it starts to get much more difficult to solo higher win rates for the simple fact that the amount of hitpoints you need to eliminate to win gets a lot higher while dpm stays about the same 1800-2500 in most cases. If you can't do well at lower tiers, expect to be even worse at higher tiers. It would be best if you stayed at tiers 5 and 6 and learn how to play well there. Once you can at least average around 50% and green stats there, move up to higher tiers. I do agree that tiers 1-4 are terrible but there are a few tier 4 tanks that I can do really well in such as the Luchs and M8A1 but those tanks have high skill ceilings and good players can do well in them. Bad players will fail miserably in those tanks.

in my case and opinion it gets easier to win when playing higher tiers..

it gets easier to kill a E 100 when i shot at it with my leopard 1 or obj 140 than when i shot it with my indien pz or (as it often happened with my damn comet..!!!)

why play tier 8 when i ALWAYS find myself in tier 10 battles or in some rare cases tier 9 but NEVER tier 8? just to be food and free damage bank for tier 10s? thanks but i REFUGE.. NO MORE!!!

i dont like shoting 5-6 rounds with my indien at an E100 and none or one penetrate.. i rather shot at an E100 4 rounds with my leopard 1 and see all 4 rounds penetrating and causing serious damage..

so yes if you ask me, it gets a LOT easier to hit, destroy, win when i play in high tiers..

edit: i like to see that E100 trying to hide when sees my Leopard instead laughing in my face when sees my indien.. i think you get my point..

and yes, chances are 85% that i will kill that E100 with my Leopard 1 when one to one..

Edited by Apostolos_Denopoulos, Oct 25 2016 - 12:09.

Ikanator #15 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 13:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11010 battles
I am currently running two vehicles, a tier IV M8A1 and a tier V Wolverine. Within limits I feel your pain about tier IV. Regardless, it is possible to do good work on tier IV even against tough opponents. It helps a lot if you've been running the tank and its crew long enough the crew has acquired skills. The 6th sense perc for the commander can be very useful.

There have been several occasions when running the M8A1 I found an enemy ht operating unsupported in relatively clear terrain. So I shot at it. Upon watching the huge turret with its massive gun point in my direction I became concerned. But then noting that my commander's 6th sense perc had not activated realized that the ht couldn't spot me. So I gleefully proceeded to pound it into scrap metal. I can't guarantee things will always work out that well. They certainly haven't for me. But I can say that taking a tier IV into battle against tough/higher tier opponents is not automatically a losing proposition. It's difficult but not impossible.

But if tier IV doesn't float your boat, go to tier V. You'll get a vehicle with more hit points, a better gun and usually better armor. You likely won't have to worry quite as much about getting one shotted. Granted that you may then face tier VII opposition, but then learning how to deal with tougher/higher tier opponents is part of the game.

uberdice #16 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 13:24

Major

• Players
  • 27267 battles

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 25 2016 - 20:36, said:

in my case and opinion it gets easier to win when playing higher tiers..

Sub-45% win rate in tier 10s (and that's being really generous, since your most-played tier 10 is sitting at 38%) suggests that you actually struggle because being top tier all the time means you're expected to do more for your team, and you're not up to the task at your current skill level.

And honestly, getting below 45% win rate in anything is atrocious. At that level, it's clear that whatever you are doing is literally harming your team's chances of victory more than if you just stayed AFK.

If you're bad and you want to win more, being top tier all the time is actually the opposite of what you need, because what you need to win is to be carried by others. And if you want to improve, you should actually stay at around tiers 5-7 where you won't have as many skilled players stomping your face in before you can even figure out where you are on the map.

Son__Of__Anarchy #17 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 13:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 29056 battles

View PostIkanator, on Oct 25 2016 - 13:19, said:

I am currently running two vehicles, a tier IV M8A1 and a tier V Wolverine. Within limits I feel your pain about tier IV. Regardless, it is possible to do good work on tier IV even against tough opponents. It helps a lot if you've been running the tank and its crew long enough the crew has acquired skills. The 6th sense perc for the commander can be very useful.

There have been several occasions when running the M8A1 I found an enemy ht operating unsupported in relatively clear terrain. So I shot at it. Upon watching the huge turret with its massive gun point in my direction I became concerned. But then noting that my commander's 6th sense perc had not activated realized that the ht couldn't spot me. So I gleefully proceeded to pound it into scrap metal. I can't guarantee things will always work out that well. They certainly haven't for me. But I can say that taking a tier IV into battle against tough/higher tier opponents is not automatically a losing proposition. It's difficult but not impossible.

But if tier IV doesn't float your boat, go to tier V. You'll get a vehicle with more hit points, a better gun and usually better armor. You likely won't have to worry quite as much about getting one shotted. Granted that you may then face tier VII opposition, but then learning how to deal with tougher/higher tier opponents is part of the game.

i did all that already mate.. i finished the IS-7 and leopard 1 lines from zero.. played ALL the tiers without using any free exp at all on those.. as well i am currently with 90K exp loaded on my amx 13-90 on my way to my BC 25t AP, and 70K exp loaded on my comet on my way to centurion 1..

just few days back started grinding the T 57 Heavy and TVP T 50-51 lines.. and i am on both tier 4.. was planning to grind them all to the end without use free exp, something that tier 4 against tier 6-7 battles made me reconsider..

edit: i mean i know how low tiers are/can be.. i just dont like it nor i have the time to spend on it no more..

Edited by Apostolos_Denopoulos, Oct 25 2016 - 13:30.

Son__Of__Anarchy #18 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 13:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 29056 battles

actually the main reason that made me play low tiers again was the fact that i need to kill the last 38 vehicles remain before i get the master tanker token..

and those last 38 tanks left to kill for me are all tier 2,3 and 4.. maybe a couple 5s

i thought that besides hunting that goal, would be nice to start grinding a couple new lines instead rebuy and retry with the low tier tanks i already played..

__Wanderer_ #19 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 13:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17708 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
whole game is broken so gg

uberdice #20 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 13:38

Major

• Players
  • 27267 battles

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 25 2016 - 22:29, said:

i did all that already mate.. i finished the IS-7 and leopard 1 lines from zero.. played ALL the tiers without using any free exp at all on those.. as well i am currently with 90K exp loaded on my amx 13-90 on my way to my BC 25t AP, and 70K exp loaded on my comet on my way to centurion 1..

just few days back started grinding the T 57 Heavy and TVP T 50-51 lines.. and i am on both tier 4.. was planning to grind them all to the end without use free exp, something that tier 4 against tier 6-7 battles made me reconsider..

edit: i mean i know how low tiers are/can be.. i just dont like it nor i have the time to spend on it no more..

But you have time to spend smashing your face against the wall at high tiers, burning up credits and ruining other people's leisure time?

You very clearly have the time to learn to play. You are simply refusing to. You've focused all your energy on getting exp to grind to the next tank, without taking a step back to reflect on what else you should be getting along the way: knowledge and skill.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users