low tiers

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Ken_McGuire #101 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 19:45

Captain

• Players
  • 31250 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

TankRewards.com missions showed me a few things. In August I didn't have that much of a problem being "the best of the best" in the upper tier battles. But in September I found that it was VERY easy for me to get top 3 of the XP board in a win for tier 4-6 and not that hard to do it in tier 7/8. Now 9/10 was much more challenging - and definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone. Back in August, most of my "best of the best" were when I had a decent game on a loosing team. Having a decent game on a loosing team is not a bad thing. It is indeed (usually) a good thing. But it is not at all the same thing as having a significant positive influence on the battle. It is MUCH easier for me to have a big positive influence on the battle in 4-6 than in 9/10.

None of this was really surprising to me. The best players often play top tier tanks as much as they can, with dips down to tier 8 for money-making premiums. And I am not at that level. But I have gone far enough that when I bring it down to mid-tiers, I find it much easier. The competition is not as tough. You have more freedom to move when not everybody is pushing the view range cap. And so you can have great games easier. If you have some knowledge and a half decent crew, you have more opportunities to change a battle for the good at mid-tier, and so I am much more comfortable down there.

There has been some debate about how best to learn. Should a player stay at mid tiers until they do mid tiers well? Does that teach too many bad habits? Or should a player push to 8-10 and drink from the fire-hose? While this can stomp bad habits fast, mistakes can be punished severely. And as some have pointed out, a weaker player often does not even recognize that they are weak. In many activities when you start, you don't even know what you are doing wrong. The first advance is when you start recognizing your mistakes. The second advance is when you can actually consciously fix the mistake. The third advance is when you do this without even thinking.

I remember a Matilda game a while back. I ran into another Matilda in the city - and utterly demolished him. When I looked at how I did it, I realized that I knew where an enemy was likely to show up, and was already pre-angled for it. Sure enough, he showed up right there, and I was angled, with my gun pointing in that direction already and he gave me his side while looking forward. No contest - especially since he STAYED there... There are lots of things like this in the game, and as you start to pick them up, you will start doing better.

Doomslinger #102 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 19:49

Major

• Players
  • 72273 battles

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 26 2016 - 13:03, said:

mate, i just noticed that in 46K damn battles, you havent manage to put your [edited]in a single tier 10 vehicle yet..

been farming too much tier 5 and 6 as the other guy said for your precious stats and medals i guess? LOL

edit: and you have 5 tier 9 tanks which in 3 of them your stats are 33%, 33% and 38%?

and seriously, its YOU trying to give me any advises when i have already about 2K battles in tier 10s?

aw, please.. go back in tier 5 and farm your stats my friend..

I am not the one who is blaming my teams for making me lose, you are. You are using tanks with under 200 battles as a sample size as an example of how I play. More misleading by you. I never once claimed I was a good player and not once did I blame my teams for any bad stats I have. You did. If you look at every tank I have played over 200 battles in, the stats are either average or above average. You can't say the same about your tanks.

I know i am much worse in tier 8 or higher tanks but still above average in any that have over 200 battles in. I don't blame other players or teams for it though. You keep saying that unlocking high tier tanks indicates how skilled you are. Again, this is absurd. One only has to look at the typical team at tier 8-10 and see a large proportion of the players are still at red and orange stat levels at all tiers but playing in tier 9 and 10 tanks. Using your reasoning, they are skilled because they have unlocked tier 10 tanks and that is not true. If I ran bot programs to unlock every tank at tier 10, that would mean I was a skilled player according to you but the red stats I got from doing that would mean nothing? You need to give your face a good slap or something.

So you unlocked a tier 10 tank? Congratulations, you are a super hero:

Son__Of__Anarchy #103 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 20:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles

View PostDoomslinger, on Oct 26 2016 - 19:49, said:

I am not the one who is blaming my teams for making me lose, you are. You are using tanks with under 200 battles as a sample size as an example of how I play. More misleading by you. I never once claimed I was a good player and not once did I blame my teams for any bad stats I have. You did. If you look at every tank I have played over 200 battles in, the stats are either average or above average. You can't say the same about your tanks.

I know i am much worse in tier 8 or higher tanks but still above average in any that have over 200 battles in. I don't blame other players or teams for it though. You keep saying that unlocking high tier tanks indicates how skilled you are. Again, this is absurd. One only has to look at the typical team at tier 8-10 and see a large proportion of the players are still at red and orange stat levels at all tiers but playing in tier 9 and 10 tanks. Using your reasoning, they are skilled because they have unlocked tier 10 tanks and that is not true. If I ran bot programs to unlock every tank at tier 10, that would mean I was a skilled player according to you but the red stats I got from doing that would mean nothing? You need to give your face a good slap or something.

sorry mate, i have really hard time to pay any attention to your sayings no more..

you can keep talking all you want now but.. bye!!

only thing i can, its laugh while remembering i wasted a couple hours of my life paying attention and replying to what you said..

Doomslinger #104 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 20:05

Major

• Players
  • 72273 battles

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 26 2016 - 15:01, said:

sorry mate, i have really hard time to pay any attention to your sayings no more..

you can keep talking all you want now but.. bye!!

only thing i can, its laugh while remembering i wasted a couple hours of my life paying attention and replying to what you said..

What? You mean you don't have any more lies or misleading statements to post? I was sure you would fabricate some more. Classic Dunning-Kruger syndrome: blame, deflect, make excuses, deny, mislead and never take responsibility for your own performance averages. You would make the perfect "text book case" on what the Dunning-Kruger effect means.

o7 bro, keep on tanking...If you are able to ever average above average stats, come back and read this thread again. With just enough ability you would realize how bad you really were and not blame your teams for it. Right now you don't even realize this yet.

Edited by Doomslinger, Oct 26 2016 - 20:12.

Son__Of__Anarchy #105 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 20:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles

View PostKen_McGuire, on Oct 26 2016 - 19:45, said:

TankRewards.com missions showed me a few things. In August I didn't have that much of a problem being "the best of the best" in the upper tier battles. But in September I found that it was VERY easy for me to get top 3 of the XP board in a win for tier 4-6 and not that hard to do it in tier 7/8. Now 9/10 was much more challenging - and definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone. Back in August, most of my "best of the best" were when I had a decent game on a loosing team. Having a decent game on a loosing team is not a bad thing. It is indeed (usually) a good thing. But it is not at all the same thing as having a significant positive influence on the battle. It is MUCH easier for me to have a big positive influence on the battle in 4-6 than in 9/10.

None of this was really surprising to me. The best players often play top tier tanks as much as they can, with dips down to tier 8 for money-making premiums. And I am not at that level. But I have gone far enough that when I bring it down to mid-tiers, I find it much easier. The competition is not as tough. You have more freedom to move when not everybody is pushing the view range cap. And so you can have great games easier. If you have some knowledge and a half decent crew, you have more opportunities to change a battle for the good at mid-tier, and so I am much more comfortable down there.

There has been some debate about how best to learn. Should a player stay at mid tiers until they do mid tiers well? Does that teach too many bad habits? Or should a player push to 8-10 and drink from the fire-hose? While this can stomp bad habits fast, mistakes can be punished severely. And as some have pointed out, a weaker player often does not even recognize that they are weak. In many activities when you start, you don't even know what you are doing wrong. The first advance is when you start recognizing your mistakes. The second advance is when you can actually consciously fix the mistake. The third advance is when you do this without even thinking.

I remember a Matilda game a while back. I ran into another Matilda in the city - and utterly demolished him. When I looked at how I did it, I realized that I knew where an enemy was likely to show up, and was already pre-angled for it. Sure enough, he showed up right there, and I was angled, with my gun pointing in that direction already and he gave me his side while looking forward. No contest - especially since he STAYED there... There are lots of things like this in the game, and as you start to pick them up, you will start doing better.

in the other hand, for me it was piece of cake to complete best of the best in my 9s and 10s.. seriously piece of cake every day..

mids and lows i didnt even make the effort.. i am avoiding playing lower tiers than 9 and 10 since i got my tier 9 and 10 tanks..

i only play lower tiers when there is a reason..

like trying to advance a line without use converted exp for example (currently my amx 13-90 to tier 9 and my comet to tier 8, and i am close to them already..)

or as you said, my tier 8 prems for credits reasons..

and why i started playing tier 3 and 4 again is to destroy the few vehicles left for my "master tanker" token..

about 40 tanks left all in tiers 2-3 and 4.. as well, because of i was to play tier 3 and 4 again for a while, i decided to do it with new vehicles from the lines i wanted to start grinding anyway..

Horribad_At_Tanks #106 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 20:20

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 26 2016 - 14:11, said:

and why i started playing tier 3 and 4 again is to destroy the few vehicles left for my "master tanker" token..

about 40 tanks left all in tiers 2-3 and 4.. as well, because of i was to play tier 3 and 4 again for a while, i decided to do it with new vehicles from the lines i wanted to start grinding anyway..

You do realize we can look at your stats right? You have 82 tanks and of those 82 only 2 have an ace mastery with all the rest with none at all or a bunch of third and second class medals. You are a loooooong way from 'a few vehicles left' good sir. :P

Son__Of__Anarchy #107 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 20:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles

View PostHorribad_At_Tanks, on Oct 26 2016 - 20:20, said:

You do realize we can look at your stats right? You have 82 tanks and of those 82 only 2 have an ace mastery with all the rest with none at all or a bunch of third and second class medals. You are a loooooong way from 'a few vehicles left' good sir. :P

one more to misunderstand my words and then mislead other people after them as well ;)

i said 40 vehicles missing for my master tanker token.. this one you get when you kill all the vehicles from all trees.. i killed 296/336 so yes.. that makes exactly 40 vehicles missing..

the token YOU are talking about (calling me a liar at same time) is the "senior technical engineer"

Ken_McGuire #108 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 20:28

Captain

• Players
  • 31250 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS
He was not talking about getting an Ace Mastery in his tanks. He was talking about the various ___ Master awards for destroying all the tech tree tanks.

Horribad_At_Tanks #109 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 20:30

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles
Oh, master tanker forgot that existed. Was thinking mastery. Eh well good luck and if you chasing low tier medals keeps you out of the high tiers then stay the course till you are done! :great:

Doomslinger #110 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 22:41

Major

• Players
  • 72273 battles

Hey OP, if you seem to be getting strange losing sessions, this could be the reason why. We all get them:

http://lightquick.co.uk/world-of-tanks-is-the-matchmaker-rigged.html

Ken_McGuire #111 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 01:42

Captain

• Players
  • 31250 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 25 2016 - 01:18, said:

then people paying real money to skip the low tiers..

i did too for most of the lines i grind..

and it comes natural when you try to play tier 4 and you come against tier 6 ALWAYS..

Starting off like this confuses the reader because we are never told what happens before "then." It appears that you are saying that low tiers is difficult to play, and so you have skipped it on many lines.

The first reason you give for this is that tier 4's ALWAYS (emphasis yours) play against tier 6. This, quite simply is not true. Tier 4 tanks do get tier 4 maximum and tier 5 maximum games. However, there is a bit of truth behind your statement. Letting VBADDICT log the average tier of enemies faced, tier 4 tanks, my experience on the NA server is that, on average, they DO face more tanks above them than below them. People have theorized that this is because of the introduction of +/- 2 MM means that they can face tier 6's, but almost never tier 2. In addition, the server population, based on grind time among other things, gives more tier 5 and 6 games than tier 4 games. In all fairness, Wargaming has said that they are working on making it so that you are not at the bottom of MM as you sometimes are as they continually improve the game. But since we have not seen this happen yet, it is still a problem.

But when your very first argument is so easy to disprove just by having a single game where a tier 4 tank does not face tier 6's, you loose credibility and anything good you say is lost.

its nonsence.. a tier 4 vehicle doesnt stand a chance in a tier 6 battle.. 

the difference its HUGE.. in 98% of the cases a tier 4 vehicle cant do crapagainst a tier 6 no matter where you shoot them, sides, rear.. it just DOESNT matter cause you simply cant pen them.. your gun and firepower wont allow you to hurt them.. not even to break their tracks..

untill someone (in most cases no matter who) sees you and simply kills you with a single shot..

Next thesis: tier 4's don't have a chance in a tier 6 battle. This, again, is an overstatement, because there are tier 4's that can do well in a tier 6 battle.

To support this thesis, you say 98% of the time a tier 4 can't do anything to a tier 6. You give no source of this statistic. You then spend a few sentences about this experience, and then the end of being one-shot...

Yes, there is a significant difference between tier 4 and 6. Yes, as a newbie I was frustrated at times when I had flanked a heavy tank and all my shots into their back bounce. But perhaps after learning the basis about moving around a map and aiming your gun that you learn in tiers 1 and 2 that it is time to learn about target priority and selection, and to aim at weak spots. And perhaps it is time to learn to learn to run away when you see a bad situation.

Many of us have found that there are tier 4 tanks that can be useful in tier 6 battles. Yes, you may have to be sneaky about it. Yes, it might not always work. But it is not as hopeless as you suggest. I do grant that Wargaming should prepare the new player better for learning how to be bottom tier, even if I don't know how they could do it.

its just stupid to try grind a line from the begin, being tier 3 against 5s, tier 4 against 6s..

low tiers up to/and tier 6 shouldnt be put in battles against 2 tiers higher.. they cant hurt the enemy..

enemy sees you and laughs at you, wont even make any effort to hide from you.. he just waits for his gun to reload just in front your face and blows you with a single shot from your full health..

Again you say about how 3's and 4's can perform when bottom tier. Yes, it is not a "fair" fight when you fight someone two tiers better than you. A wise player would only do this as part of a wolfpack, or from stealth. But it can work. One of my favorite LOL moments was when playing the tier 3 Czech tank on Ruinberg (or the winter version - I forget). I ran into an OI Exp over in the village on the west side of the map. My first response was to run to cover. But when he engaged someone else, I put in flanking fire. And in my first shot, I damaged his ammo rack. My second shot caused the ammo rack to explode... Of course, I remember the moment because it is rare. But it CAN happen, and is part of what can make the game fun. So if you know what you are doing, you CAN be useful even when bottom tier. Of course, it doesn't always work. But it DOES work - more often than some people think, and certainly more than 2% of the time.

and then you play high tiers (9-10) where you can finally make decent games against equal strenth enemies and in first bad game you do you have idiots telling you "go back to tier 4"..

NO dude.. YOU go back to tier 4 if you like it so much to be bottom tier and single shotted all the time..

Yes, there are people who act as they are entitled to having a perfect teammate. This happens at all tiers. And sometimes XVM does seem to enable this, causing some players to give up on a battle before it is fought - or more likely, try a very risky strategy because they do not trust the team at all. And yes, if you do not do what they want you to do, there will can be insults sent in chat. That is, unfortunately, a part of just about any team game with random teams where people can communicate with each other.

It can happen in real life, but often people will be more hostile when it is just a near anonymous text. Welcome to the human race. We have some problems living with each other sometimes....

"Go back to tier 4". - Yes - there are high tier players who don't understand how the game is played at lower tiers. Generally people who know what they are talking about recommend tier 5 and 6 instead. But it can be comical seeing a good high tier player trying to play a low tier tank because so much is different...

This whole paragraph turned into something approaching naming/shaming. Don't want to go there.

untill WG realizes whats happening in low tiers and fix things, we will keep buying our way to higher tiers so we are able to face enemy and practically hurt them..

Yes there are issues. The whole "one-shot" thing should be re-evaluated, IMHO - be it Arty, derp gun, or a crazy fast magazine reloader. In my opinion, the tutorial needs to do a bit more to prepare a player for being bottom tier - perhaps by having a 2nd tutorial available after you research your first tier 3, with an incentive to do it. But people actually performing fairly well in this situation suggests that the problem is not so much with the tank or MM, but with the user and how the user is prepared for it.

Speaking for myself, yes, there are times when I am quite tempted to skip low tier tanks in new lines. Some is that it would be much cheaper to use gold to skip a tank than to get a 100% crew in most low tiers, and even a 75% crew would be in effect reset when you get the next tank instead of letting you accumulate anything... With the free xp bank I have, it is quite tempting to skip to tier 5 - or just not start a new line.

WG is trying new things. Proving ground has been introduced since I started - as has some rewards of a free 100% crew. It appears that WG is (slowly) working to improve this experience for new players. And with the whole Sandbox rebalances, it looks like they will be re-evaluating how all of this is balanced. But changes can have unforeseen consequences. We will see...

Son__Of__Anarchy #112 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 06:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles

View PostDoomslinger, on Oct 26 2016 - 22:41, said:

Hey OP, if you seem to be getting strange losing sessions, this could be the reason why. We all get them:

http://lightquick.co.uk/world-of-tanks-is-the-matchmaker-rigged.html

indeed i get them.. much more often than "winning streaks" as the article says at some point, there comes times that i will lose battle after battle after battle, get killed in the first 2 minutes..

its funny because it really seems like "the game doesnt want to let you win today for ANY reason.."

in plenty cases i take full aim at an enemy that i see more than clear towards me at 100-150m.. i fire my shot and the shot does nothing at all.. no damage, no bounce or not even miss..

it just feels like the round got sucked in by the enemy vehicle, or if the enemy vehicle was transparent, or if it was NEVER there where i aimed my shot.. but aw.. the enemy tank its right there, i see it.. 

and yet i will miss the next shot AND the next shot after that in the same way..

i know everyone gets those loosing streaks.. i ve read too often people complaining about it in the chat of a battle.. i dont use to complain about it.. it bother's me of course but i wont make a deal out of it, just let it pass..

my current losing streak lasting for 4(!!!) days now.. well, today its the 5th day but i havent start playing yet so i dont know if its over or continues..

in fact i get those losing streaks much more often compared to any winning streaks, i just dont care, simply because i dont care about my stats.. i am not here for checking on numbers but for turning enemy tanks into scrap metal whenever i can.. i may never be interrested on improving my stats.. or i may at some point collect all the tanks i want and decide that "now its time to take care of my stats".. who knows.. 

and fyi.. a big percentage on my poor win rate, comes out of my premium tanks.. when i just researched a tier 9 or 10 vehicle and i need that much millions of credits to buy it, in that case i dont care to play carefully or win or anything like that.. my sole purpose at that moment its to collect credits.. and to do that, i repeatedly play battle after battle in my prems.. often i may end up with 20 losses in half an hour (i exaggerate of course) and yet half million credits added in my account (literally) 

so yes, i dont care for the losses as long as they provide me with the amount of credits i need..

the article you shared is very interesting though and shares a lot of useful info, thanks!

edit: and because i am possitive there will be someone to say something like "ah, so you dont give a crapabout your team but only care to collect the credits for your new tank"

i would like to answer already that "yes, its true.. when i am collecting credits for my new tank i dont care if my team losses or wins, get over it, i dont care about the stats you want to maintain, i only care to be able to buy and drive asap my new tank at that point.."

Edited by Apostolos_Denopoulos, Oct 27 2016 - 06:27.

Son__Of__Anarchy #113 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 07:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles

View PostKen_McGuire, on Oct 27 2016 - 01:42, said:

Starting off like this confuses the reader because we are never told what happens before "then." It appears that you are saying that low tiers is difficult to play, and so you have skipped it on many lines.

The first reason you give for this is that tier 4's ALWAYS (emphasis yours) play against tier 6. This, quite simply is not true. Tier 4 tanks do get tier 4 maximum and tier 5 maximum games. However, there is a bit of truth behind your statement. Letting VBADDICT log the average tier of enemies faced, tier 4 tanks, my experience on the NA server is that, on average, they DO face more tanks above them than below them. People have theorized that this is because of the introduction of +/- 2 MM means that they can face tier 6's, but almost never tier 2. In addition, the server population, based on grind time among other things, gives more tier 5 and 6 games than tier 4 games. In all fairness, Wargaming has said that they are working on making it so that you are not at the bottom of MM as you sometimes are as they continually improve the game. But since we have not seen this happen yet, it is still a problem.

But when your very first argument is so easy to disprove just by having a single game where a tier 4 tank does not face tier 6's, you loose credibility and anything good you say is lost.

Next thesis: tier 4's don't have a chance in a tier 6 battle. This, again, is an overstatement, because there are tier 4's that can do well in a tier 6 battle.

To support this thesis, you say 98% of the time a tier 4 can't do anything to a tier 6. You give no source of this statistic. You then spend a few sentences about this experience, and then the end of being one-shot...

Yes, there is a significant difference between tier 4 and 6. Yes, as a newbie I was frustrated at times when I had flanked a heavy tank and all my shots into their back bounce. But perhaps after learning the basis about moving around a map and aiming your gun that you learn in tiers 1 and 2 that it is time to learn about target priority and selection, and to aim at weak spots. And perhaps it is time to learn to learn to run away when you see a bad situation.

Many of us have found that there are tier 4 tanks that can be useful in tier 6 battles. Yes, you may have to be sneaky about it. Yes, it might not always work. But it is not as hopeless as you suggest. I do grant that Wargaming should prepare the new player better for learning how to be bottom tier, even if I don't know how they could do it.

Again you say about how 3's and 4's can perform when bottom tier. Yes, it is not a "fair" fight when you fight someone two tiers better than you. A wise player would only do this as part of a wolfpack, or from stealth. But it can work. One of my favorite LOL moments was when playing the tier 3 Czech tank on Ruinberg (or the winter version - I forget). I ran into an OI Exp over in the village on the west side of the map. My first response was to run to cover. But when he engaged someone else, I put in flanking fire. And in my first shot, I damaged his ammo rack. My second shot caused the ammo rack to explode... Of course, I remember the moment because it is rare. But it CAN happen, and is part of what can make the game fun. So if you know what you are doing, you CAN be useful even when bottom tier. Of course, it doesn't always work. But it DOES work - more often than some people think, and certainly more than 2% of the time.

Yes, there are people who act as they are entitled to having a perfect teammate. This happens at all tiers. And sometimes XVM does seem to enable this, causing some players to give up on a battle before it is fought - or more likely, try a very risky strategy because they do not trust the team at all. And yes, if you do not do what they want you to do, there will can be insults sent in chat. That is, unfortunately, a part of just about any team game with random teams where people can communicate with each other.

It can happen in real life, but often people will be more hostile when it is just a near anonymous text. Welcome to the human race. We have some problems living with each other sometimes....

"Go back to tier 4". - Yes - there are high tier players who don't understand how the game is played at lower tiers. Generally people who know what they are talking about recommend tier 5 and 6 instead. But it can be comical seeing a good high tier player trying to play a low tier tank because so much is different...

This whole paragraph turned into something approaching naming/shaming. Don't want to go there.

Yes there are issues. The whole "one-shot" thing should be re-evaluated, IMHO - be it Arty, derp gun, or a crazy fast magazine reloader. In my opinion, the tutorial needs to do a bit more to prepare a player for being bottom tier - perhaps by having a 2nd tutorial available after you research your first tier 3, with an incentive to do it. But people actually performing fairly well in this situation suggests that the problem is not so much with the tank or MM, but with the user and how the user is prepared for it.

Speaking for myself, yes, there are times when I am quite tempted to skip low tier tanks in new lines. Some is that it would be much cheaper to use gold to skip a tank than to get a 100% crew in most low tiers, and even a 75% crew would be in effect reset when you get the next tank instead of letting you accumulate anything... With the free xp bank I have, it is quite tempting to skip to tier 5 - or just not start a new line.

WG is trying new things. Proving ground has been introduced since I started - as has some rewards of a free 100% crew. It appears that WG is (slowly) working to improve this experience for new players. And with the whole Sandbox rebalances, it looks like they will be re-evaluating how all of this is balanced. But changes can have unforeseen consequences. We will see...

1) sorry, you are right.. i was exaggerating (we greeks tend to do that naturally when trying to give emphasis on something, not that we mean/believe it 100%.. cant help it..)

low tiers its not hard to play since someone can just advance through them to a tier 5 in a single day.. but its unfair to play always against bigger enemies..

and yes, i use the word "always" when its trully not always.. let me tell you this though, if i play 100 battles today, 80 of them will be in tier 9 and 10 vehicles.. 10 of them will be in tiers 7 and 8 where i have vehicles that i am trying to advance to their next tier, and the rest 10 will be in tier 3 and 4 for the reason to kill those 40 tanks remained for my token..

now, when 8 out of those 10 battles that i play in tier 4 tank, taking place in a tier 6 game and the other 2 in tier 5 game, but literally NONE in tier 4 game, to me seems like "always" and makes very little difference.. if i was playing 50 battles a day in tier 4 tanks and 20 out of 50 was tier 5 games and at least 10 battles in tier 4 games, i would be talking differently i guess.. actually i wouldnt even make a case out of it.. it would seem "fair" enough..

2) you are right again, there are indeed a couple or 3 tier 4 tanks that are able of easily dealing damage in a tier 6 tank.. even in those few tanks that are able to do so though, the "common" player like me will do bad against a tier 6.. a unicum may do better with his skilled crew and all that stuff.. i am not a unicum nor i have plans to go anywhere near there..

a common "hobby" player with little experience or a new player, even in those few tier 4 vehicles that can easily deal damage to bigger enemies, will do bad.. someone needs to play thousands of battles in those vehicles in trade to come in a position that will be able to practically deal that damage to 2 tiers bigger enemies..

and anyway not averyone wants to follow the elc biss or the luchs lines.. the large majority of tier 4 tanks can do absolutelly nothing to the large majority of tier 6 enemies.. thats my point, not to prove that is impossible..

3) i had my moments too of course in low tier tanks against bigger enemies.. a drop in the ocean.. seriously, doesnt change a thing..

even if it happened in 10% of the cases instead the 2% i mentioned, to me its the same thing.. makes the low tiers not fun nor fair to play..

4) i am well aware of that mate.. as well, well aware of how the world works and whats happening in real life.. i am a mature man with 38 years of age and not dumb.. nor i am an angry teenager..

and yes, so much is different from low tiers to high.. when i say that i play a lot better and i can be a serious threat in high tiers its because i do.. i really dont get it why so many people trying so hard to prove this false.. and yes, i know they will come back and start the same story "your stats blah blah blah..." 

aw well, [edited]it..

5) that one shot thing.. aw god...

not just in low tiers.. it can happen in high tiers too.. seriously something has to be done with this case.. yesterday i got one shot by an FV215b 183 in a battle where i was driving my obj 140..

not literally one shot since i had earned one more shot for 300hp of my health.. but that one shot from that FV215b 183, took the rest of my 1600hp.. and no, he didnt blow my ammo rack nor set me on fire.. it was just a normal penetration that costed me 1600HP and killed me..

6) sometimes i skip them.. actually i realize now that i played through most of them.. i played the low tiers of my IS-7 and my Leopard 1.. all the tiers in fact.. as well i played the low tiers of my amx 13-90 (excluded the 13-75) and all the low tiers of my comet.. plus i currently play the low tiers that leading the way to my TVP T 50/51 and T 57 heavy.. only in the cases of my T110E5 and obj 140/T 62A i completelly skipped the entire lines to the end..

in case of playing the low tiers of a line i really dont care for crew skills.. since i am not planning playing those vehicles for longer than really needed..

7) yes, we will see!

07 mate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users