low tiers

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

GeorgePreddy #21 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 13:41

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 25 2016 - 03:18, said:

you try to play tier 4 and you come against tier 6 ALWAYS..  (I believe you exaggerate, tier 4s are not "ALWAYS" put into tier 6 battles)

its nonsence.. a tier 4 vehicle doesnt stand a chance in a tier 6 battle.. (Sure it stands a chance... go after the enemy tier 4s and tier 5s in the battle)

the difference its HUGE.. in 98% of the cases a tier 4 vehicle cant do crapagainst a tier 6  (There you go exaggerating again, load a reasonablre amount of prem ammo and aim at weakspots and you'll be surprised to find that your "98%" figure is extremely wrong)

its just stupid to try grind a line from the begin, being tier 3 against 5s, tier 4 against 6s..  (I did it, millions of others have, too... a lot of us handled it OK)

low tiers up to/and tier 6 shouldnt be put in battles against 2 tiers higher.. they cant hurt the enemy..  (It's not gonna change, so get used to it and git gud)

But, by all means, please throw all the cash at the game that you want to throw... that helps keep the game in business after all.

Son__Of__Anarchy #22 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 13:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles

View Postuberdice, on Oct 25 2016 - 13:38, said:

But you have time to spend smashing your face against the wall at high tiers, burning up credits and ruining other people's leisure time?

You very clearly have the time to learn to play. You are simply refusing to. You've focused all your energy on getting exp to grind to the next tank, without taking a step back to reflect on what else you should be getting along the way: knowledge and skill.

yeah, i am sorry mate if my goals/plans/ways doesnt always going along with yours..

if more tanks make me happy instead of get just one and play 20K battles with it till i become a master and green my stats, then sory but i choose my fun on collecting more tanks..

if that makes the procces on mastering them slower for me, sorry, its something that i cant help.. 

nor i will change my personal targets in favour of anyone else's..

MY time, MY credits, MY tanks, MY game..

i play it the way i like it and find it amusing for me..

i ve plenty seen tier 10 [edited]with the "proper win rate" teamkilling tier 7, cause "tier 7 doesnt belong to a tier 10 battle"

REALLY?

thats clearly good for the team huh?

PunCzarBlintz #23 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 13:56

Major

• Players
  • 81964 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

I just play for fun.

I run my Tetrarch, Pz 1c,  Chi-Ha (Chinese), Cruiser II (Derp of Earl), LTP, BT7a...

...M8A1, Matilda, Marder 38, Luches (scout MM), Pz III j, B2 (ok, so this one us a clubber)...

...fairly often for giggles and grins.

I can do that because I don't really care about stats.  I appreciate a good challenge.

In my second year of play, I went back to try and fix some win rates, you are right there... some just stink.

Play for fun... happy tanking.

Ironclad73 #24 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 14:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 22838 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

OP, you are advancing too fast, and not learning the game. My first 6K was similar, with a similar winrate, although I figured  it out by the time I hit T9.

I went back and started learning what I should have learned the first time at lower tiers and started winning more and having more fun. I have a few tier 4 tanks I still play occasionally which I can do well in even when I'm in a tier 6 game which isn't all the time. My T-28, Marder, Hetzer and a few others can compete just fine. Tier 5 is much better to play though. 

Drop back to T5 and start concentrating on training crew skills (very important) and your skills and then slowly work up.  Coming to the forum is a good place to get advice, but don't come here just to whine because many here have been there and know that the problem is more yours than the game. Again, I've been there so I understand the frustration.

uberdice #25 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 14:14

Major

• Players
  • 26927 battles

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 25 2016 - 22:46, said:

yeah, i am sorry mate if my goals/plans/ways doesnt always going along with yours..

if more tanks make me happy instead of get just one and play 20K battles with it till i become a master and green my stats, then sory but i choose my fun on collecting more tanks..

if that makes the procces on mastering them slower for me, sorry, its something that i cant help.. 

nor i will change my personal targets in favour of anyone else's..

i ve plenty seen tier 10 [edited]with the "proper win rate" teamkilling tier 7, cause "tier 7 doesnt belong to a tier 10 battle"

REALLY?

thats clearly good for the team huh?

Being decent at the game also lets you collect more tanks faster, so it actually aligns perfectly with your stated goal.

Unless, of course, your goal of collecting tanks isn't actually the reason you've chosen to make no effort to improve. It's just an excuse you use because you're too proud to admit to yourself that you've made no effort to even be decent at an activity that you have, thus far, spent about 500 hours of your life taking part in.

You might treat this as if it were a single-player game, but it really isn't. Other people are playing to try and enjoy their leisure time, and players like you come in and negatively impact that because all you care about is your own "enjoyment" - as if repeated failure is somehow enjoyable - without a care for the fact that nobody asks to have you on their teams. You'd have more fun if you played competently. Your teams would have more fun if you played competently. You'd be able to collect more tanks if you played competently. You just won't do it because you'd rather whinge about how hard it is than learn.

Son__Of__Anarchy #26 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 14:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles

View Postuberdice, on Oct 25 2016 - 14:14, said:

Being decent at the game also lets you collect more tanks faster, so it actually aligns perfectly with your stated goal.

Unless, of course, your goal of collecting tanks isn't actually the reason you've chosen to make no effort to improve. It's just an excuse you use because you're too proud to admit to yourself that you've made no effort to even be decent at an activity that you have, thus far, spent about 500 hours of your life taking part in.

You might treat this as if it were a single-player game, but it really isn't. Other people are playing to try and enjoy their leisure time, and players like you come in and negatively impact that because all you care about is your own "enjoyment" - as if repeated failure is somehow enjoyable - without a care for the fact that nobody asks to have you on their teams. You'd have more fun if you played competently. Your teams would have more fun if you played competently. You'd be able to collect more tanks if you played competently. You just won't do it because you'd rather whinge about how hard it is than learn.

the problem is that you keep just the "statements" that fits you..

if you can be a little more carefull when you read, you may figure out that i, as well made the statement (about 3 times in this thread) that i am definitelly NOT the worse player when i play tiers 9 and 10.. in fact, far away from worse player.. at least in 90% of my battles..

i mean not even close to second or 3rd or 4rth worse..

so the point that you trying to pass "me, ruining the game of my team" its miles away from true..

edit: and anyway, whoever is trying to blame a team's failure to a single player.. is the least naive..

Edited by Apostolos_Denopoulos, Oct 25 2016 - 14:40.

Strigonx #27 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 14:41

Major

• Players
  • 38324 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 25 2016 - 08:46, said:

What are you doing here then?

Ironclad73 #28 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 14:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 22838 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 25 2016 - 06:23, said:

that i am definitelly NOT the worse player when i play tiers 9 and 10.. in fact, far away from worse player.. at least in 90% of my battles..

so the point that you trying to pass "me, ruining the game of my team" its miles away from true..

edit: and anyway, whoever is trying to blame a team's failure to a single player.. is the least naive..

The facts (your stats) say otherwise. I'm sure you do  have good battles, occasionally.

uberdice #29 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 14:44

Major

• Players
  • 26927 battles

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 25 2016 - 23:23, said:

the problem is that you keep just the "statements" that fits you..

if you can be a little more carefull when you read, you may figure out that i, as well made the statement (about 3 times in this thread) that i am definitelly NOT the worse player when i play tiers 9 and 10.. in fact, far away from worse player.. at least in 90% of my battles..

Thirty-eight per cent win rate in your Object 140. And it's not your only tank that dips below 40%.

A bot that spends the whole game afk in the base will win more games than that.

Think about that for a minute. Whatever you are doing is so detrimental to your teams' chances of victory that you would actually win more if you did nothing.

Son__Of__Anarchy #30 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 14:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles

View Postuberdice, on Oct 25 2016 - 14:44, said:

Thirty-eight per cent win rate in your Object 140. And it's not your only tank that dips below 40%.

A bot that spends the whole game afk in the base will win more games than that.

Think about that for a minute. Whatever you are doing is so detrimental to your teams' chances of victory that you would actually win more if you did nothing.

indeed! thats true..

what you forgot to check is that with each the vehicles you mention i have 150-200 battles and win rate below 40%

i am VERY well concerned on that..

wanna check again when the number of battles for each of those vehicles is 2K and above?

because i am prety confident that it will look a LOT better..

Son__Of__Anarchy #31 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 14:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles

View PostIronclad73, on Oct 25 2016 - 14:44, said:

The facts (your stats) say otherwise. I'm sure you do  have good battles, occasionally.

i have good battles yes.. occasionally as if 2 out of 3..

and yet, me "occasionally" playing "good" (dealing 2-3K damage) in a tier 10 tank, its not enough to win a battle huh?

those tier 10 players with the "proper win rates" need to deal some damage too so the team wins huh?

its so sad that so often they just cant..

Son__Of__Anarchy #32 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 15:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles

i see everyone pointing out my 45% win rate..

but NOONE, not even a single one noticed my hit ratio wich is 72% huh?

maybe makes you think that, if more players in the team had 72% hit ratio instead just wasting shot after shot after shot, would give better chances to the team to win?

Dader_The_Invader #33 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 15:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 41574 battles
  • [N3N3] N3N3

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 25 2016 - 14:04, said:

maybe makes you think that, if more players in the team had 72% hit ratio instead just wasting shot after shot after shot, would give better chances to the team to win?

While 72% is commendable, I have a bad hit rate, your average damage of 672 per game says a different story with higher tiers.  

Edited by Dader_The_Invader, Oct 25 2016 - 15:10.

Son__Of__Anarchy #34 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 15:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles

View PostDader_The_Invader, on Oct 25 2016 - 15:07, said:

While 72% is commendable, I have a bad hit rate, your average damage of 672 per game says a different story.

in case you dont know it yet, let me tell you that.. 672 damage per game, is the result of ALL battles played.. included tier 1 and its amazing 150-200 damage can deal in a decent battle..

i bet that number would add a lot to the total huh?

what i am trying to say is, if i started this game today, with just a pair of tier 10 and 9 tanks, my stats would look LOT different...

edit: let alone that i ve seen players with 54-56% win rate and damage percent lesser than mine..

edit 2: maybe the fact that i earned knispel's medal first class (means more than 10M damage dealt) a few weeks ago (means in less than 5K battles) says something about how much damage i can deal?

Edited by Apostolos_Denopoulos, Oct 25 2016 - 15:24.

Dader_The_Invader #35 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 15:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 41574 battles
  • [N3N3] N3N3

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 25 2016 - 14:11, said:

in case you dont know it yet, let me tell you that.. 672 damage per game, is the result of ALL battles played.. included tier 1 and its amazing 150-200 damage can deal in a decent battle..

i bet that number would add a lot to the total huh?

what i am trying to say is, if i started this game today, with just a pair of tier 10 and 9 tanks, my stats would look LOT different...

edit: let alone that i ve seen players with 54-56% win rate and damage percent lesser than mine..

I do know it...all too well.  But if you wish to nit pick lets look at your Tier 10 tanks.  You sit around 1100 average damage per battle.  Which in and of itself not good.   I can look at your tier 9 stats, but it will more than likely show the same, a low average damage per battle.

And if you started today with just tier 9 and 10, you would look just the same or worse...now this is an observation based off of your win percentage and average damage in those tiers.

Edited by Dader_The_Invader, Oct 25 2016 - 15:22.

Preddy_ #36 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 15:33

Major

• Players
  • 9629 battles
  • [T-F-Z] T-F-Z

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 25 2016 - 11:04, said:

To me, a hit ratio that moderately high just indicates 2 things... that you fail to shoot down destructible cover and that you don't take enough chances when shooting.

Son__Of__Anarchy #37 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 15:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles

View PostDader_The_Invader, on Oct 25 2016 - 15:20, said:

I do know it...all too well.  But if you wish to nit pick lets look at your Tier 10 tanks.  You sit around 1100 average damage per battle.  Which in and of itself not good.   I can look at your tier 9 stats, but it will more than likely show the same, a low average damage per battle.

And if you started today with just tier 9 and 10, you would look just the same or worse...now this is an observation based off of your win percentage and average damage in those tiers.

you forgot to consider the fact "experience"..

because even if i have just 150-200 battles with most of those tanks, this little amount of battles helped enough in building some experience..

so yes, i am very confident that if i started today with just a pair of tier 9 and 10 tanks, my stats would look a LOT better..

Ironclad73 #38 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 15:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 22838 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 25 2016 - 07:04, said:

Hit rate means nothing without looking at shots fired.  Someone who shoots 10 times in a battle with a 50% hit rate is going to do more damage than someone who fires 5 shots with a 72% hit rate.

Also knowing where to hit so that it penetrates instead of bouncing can make a big difference.

Edited by Ironclad73, Oct 25 2016 - 15:45.

Son__Of__Anarchy #39 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 15:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles

View PostPreddy_, on Oct 25 2016 - 15:33, said:

To me, a hit ratio that moderately high just indicates 2 things... that you fail to shoot down destructible cover and that you don't take enough chances when shooting.

the fact that as i already said "earned knispels medal first class in less than 5K battles", combined with the fact that with a percentage of 61% win rate and an average damage per battle of just 558 compaired to my 672, may change your mind about how my hit ratio works or not..

Dader_The_Invader #40 Posted Oct 25 2016 - 15:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 41574 battles
  • [N3N3] N3N3

View PostApostolos_Denopoulos, on Oct 25 2016 - 14:34, said:

you forgot to consider the fact "experience"..

because even if i have just 150-200 battles with most of those tanks, this little amount of battles helped enough in building some experience..

so yes, i am very confident that if i started today with just a pair of tier 9 and 10 tanks, my stats would look a LOT better..

Then by all means reroll if you feel this way...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users