Who is your favorite news anchor?

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Klaatu_Nicto #21 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 07:21

Major

• Players
  • 43910 battles

View PostHorribad_At_Tanks, on Oct 25 2016 - 21:18, said:

To be fair its already half cnn but the other half instead of being far leftwingnut drivel is far rightwingnut drivel so you get a bunch of 'fair and balanced' bull[edited]. This is why I pick neutral news shows that are as hard on one side as the other so you can knock some truth out of the entire mess.

There should be no doubt now in any ones mind how corrupt and biased towards the left the major networks. These email hacks are the icing on the cake. 

Some years ago I read about a study done by a college on bias in not just the news media but TV and movies too. For the news media they came up with a grading system used to grade a large number of news reports from the four major networks on a left or right bias then gave the networks a score. 100 was extreme left, 50 was middle of the road and 0 was extreme right. Surprisingly Fox scored in the high 50's and The Drudge Report, which is always labeled right-wing, scored in the low 60's.  The report concluded that because so many TV shows and movies espouse an extreme left-wing philosophy or message people now view anything to the right of left-wing extremism as right-wing extremism.  It's not just the news that corrupt and biased.  

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto, Oct 26 2016 - 07:22.

Klaatu_Nicto #22 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 08:04

Major

• Players
  • 43910 battles

View PostHorribad_At_Tanks, on Oct 25 2016 - 21:18, said:

To be fair its already half cnn but the other half instead of being far leftwingnut drivel is far rightwingnut drivel so you get a bunch of 'fair and balanced' bull[edited]. This is why I pick neutral news shows that are as hard on one side as the other so you can knock some truth out of the entire mess.

Just came across some news from a couple of weeks ago - Canadian canola crop frozen.

https://www.realagriculture.com/2016/10/the-frozen-harvest-images-of-albertas-ice-storm/

https://www.sott.net/article/331320-Its-disheartening-Quantity-quality-of-crops-in-question-as-early-snowfall-blankets-farms-in-Alberta-Canada

Horribad_At_Tanks #23 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 08:08

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles
Did you mean to quote my reply in the universe thread klaatu?

Elegant_Winter #24 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 17:59

Major

• Players
  • 13615 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Oct 26 2016 - 02:21, said:

There should be no doubt now in any ones mind how corrupt and biased towards the left the major networks. These email hacks are the icing on the cake. 

Some years ago I read about a study done by a college on bias in not just the news media but TV and movies too. For the news media they came up with a grading system used to grade a large number of news reports from the four major networks on a left or right bias then gave the networks a score. 100 was extreme left, 50 was middle of the road and 0 was extreme right. Surprisingly Fox scored in the high 50's and The Drudge Report, which is always labeled right-wing, scored in the low 60's.  The report concluded that because so many TV shows and movies espouse an extreme left-wing philosophy or message people now view anything to the right of left-wing extremism as right-wing extremism.  It's not just the news that corrupt and biased.  

i've been saying to people that fox news is in the center for a long time now but they literally never believe me

BaconMeLoveIt #25 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 18:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11393 battles
  • [-STN-] -STN-

Brian Whitman: He is a Democrat but he seems to be one of the few good Democrats although I don't agree to some of his ideas

Ben Shapiro: Listening to his opinions is good although I don't agree to some of those opinions

Elisha Krauss: Same reason as above.

Michael Medved: Same reason as above.

Mark Levin: Same reason as above.

Pretty much most, if not all, of those are radio hosts. For TV... none.

For other mediums of news and information... Steven Crowder for the same reason as I mentioned on the radio hosts.

Reason why its all radio hosts? At times, the appearance of the hosts, whether you like it or not, can make up for an audience's preference. Now, if I can hear only the voice and his or her ideas, then it would be more objective and focused on what he/she is saying than what he/she looks like.

Edited by BaconMeLoveIt, Oct 26 2016 - 18:48.

Speedy_DePalma #26 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 19:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3329 battles

This guys only a weatherman but he should be an anchor.

Spoiler

Blackhorse_Six_ #27 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 20:36

Major

• Players
  • 42747 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostHiroe, on Oct 26 2016 - 00:06, said:

megyn kelly gets wrecked

Saw this Live ...

Yeah, she got hammered pretty good there ...

But it's her show, and she's a poor loser

Mudman24 #28 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 20:42

Major

• Players
  • 35656 battles

View PostHorribad_At_Tanks, on Oct 25 2016 - 23:18, said:

Where do you get that? 

Elegant_Winter #29 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 20:43

Major

• Players
  • 13615 battles

View PostBlackhorse_Six_, on Oct 26 2016 - 15:36, said:

Saw this Live ...

gingrich's power level is decently high

Blackhorse_Six_ #30 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 20:46

Major

• Players
  • 42747 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostBaconMeLoveIt, on Oct 26 2016 - 12:46, said:

Brian Whitman: He is a Democrat but he seems to be one of the few good Democrats although I don't agree to some of his ideas

Ben Shapiro: Listening to his opinions is good although I don't agree to some of those opinions

Elisha Krauss: Same reason as above.

Michael Medved: Same reason as above.

Mark Levin: Same reason as above.

And the following ... Sean Hannity, Lars Larson, Eric Harley & Gary McNamara on Red-Eye Radio

I miss Neil Boortz, Jerry Doyle, G. Gordon Liddy and Jim Bohannon ...

On occasion, Micheal Savage, just to remind me that all those other guys are only a little Right of Center

Television ... Walter Cronkite, Harry Reasoner, Huntley-Brinkley, Jim Leher, John McLaughlin (DISCUSS !)

GAJohnnie #31 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 20:55

Major

• Players
  • 8992 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

Yanet Garcia.

Horribad_At_Tanks #32 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 20:56

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

View PostMudman24, on Oct 26 2016 - 14:42, said:

Where do you get that? 

Faux Nooz has always straddled the line between left and right but it doesn't change the fact that the spin machine dial is still set on 11. The huge mistake people are making is taking a side at all as both sides have long term corruption issues though one side is certainly more corrupt recently than the other. The other huge mistake people are making is thinking that trump is a republican or hillary a democrat. Both are centrists with slightly left leanings for purposes of the election.

Mudman24 #33 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 21:00

Major

• Players
  • 35656 battles

View PostHorribad_At_Tanks, on Oct 26 2016 - 13:56, said:

Faux Nooz has always straddled the line between left and right but it doesn't change the fact that the spin machine dial is still set on 11. The huge mistake people are making is taking a side at all as both sides have long term corruption issues though one side is certainly more corrupt recently than the other. The other huge mistake people are making is thinking that trump is a republican or hillary a democrat. Both are centrists with slightly left leanings for purposes of the election.

I just can't stand the circus that cable news is.  I really like NPR.  They obviously lean left but they always bring both sides into the conversation and actually let them talk.  For more than 15 seconds which lets guests explain issues in depth rather than just using talking points. 

Horribad_At_Tanks #34 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 21:11

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

View PostMudman24, on Oct 26 2016 - 15:00, said:

I just can't stand the circus that cable news is.  I really like NPR.  They obviously lean left but they always bring both sides into the conversation and actually let them talk.  For more than 15 seconds which lets guests explain issues in depth rather than just using talking points. 

Yeah you still have to be careful about the news radio you listen to as they can be just as biased as the televised versions. This is why I steer clear of the bbc for national news as they are waaaaay too left leaning to ever have a non biased story. I do like the bbc for international reporting though as the bias can be filtered out so you are aware of the events and can dig for information on your own. Which brings up another point that I think is lacking in the way people keep informed nowadays. The lack of using the almost endless resource of the internet to fact check the fact checkers then fact check the ones you used to fact check the facts again. It's a pain in the booty but it lets you build a trusted list of journalists and outlets you can at least partly rely on for taking at face value.

GouIdy #35 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 21:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9719 battles
MCGK66w.jpg

Klaatu_Nicto #36 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 21:51

Major

• Players
  • 43910 battles

View PostMudman24, on Oct 26 2016 - 11:42, said:

Where do you get that? 

The first time I ever heard or watched Bill O'Reilly was in 2005 and he was calling for the government to impose an excess profit tax on the oil companies. A couple of years ago I tuned into his show and he was calling for the federal government to federalize all guns laws.

In my mind that's not right-wing.

GAJohnnie #37 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 21:51

Major

• Players
  • 8992 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View PostHorribad_At_Tanks, on Oct 26 2016 - 14:56, said:

That is utterly false.

There is no issue where Hillary and Trump agree. From Fiscal policy to Foreign Policy to Taxes to the Judiciary to the scope and role of the Government etc,  there is no common ground between Team Trump and Team Clinton.. Ronald Reagan and Jimmy Carter were more in agreement on basic issues while disagreeing on methods and means then Clinton/Trump are currently.

It is one of the largest problems in current US Politics The polarization of political ideologies has grown so great since the 1990s that there is no longer any common political ideals that united the USA. If it were possible we simply should split into 2 or 3 different countries.  Half our population has irreconcilable difference with the  political and social values of the other half. We no longer going to be a country governed by the consent of the governed but will be governed by the abuse of legal force.  A self selected political/media/business elite, elected by deceit, manipulation and a reckless disregard for the law will impose their ideological whims on growing underclass of the disengaged and the apathetic.  This will last as long as the Government is able to stumble from crises to disaters to error without enraging the underclass. Inevitably that Government will finally choke on it own corrupt incompetence and face a crises it is unable to surmount causing the masses to turn to a Caesar, or a Napoleon type figure to "save them".  

If you want to see the USA's future, look to Putin's Russia.

Horribad_At_Tanks #38 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 21:56

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

View PostGAJohnnie, on Oct 26 2016 - 15:51, said:

That is utterly false.

There is no issue where Hillary and Trump agree. From Fiscal policy to Foreign Policy to Taxes to the Judiciary to the scope and role of the Government etc,  there is no common ground between Team Trump and Team Clinton.. Ronald Reagan and Jimmy Carter were more in agreement on basic issues while disagreeing on methods and means then Clinton/Trump are currently.

It is one of the largest problems in current US Politics The polarization of political ideologies has grown so great since the 1990s that there is no longer any common political ideals that united the USA. If it were possible we simply should split into 2 or 3 different countries.  Half our population has irreconcilable difference with the  political and social values of the other half. We no longer going to be a country governed by the consent of the governed but will be governed by the abuse of legal force.  A self selected political/media/business elite, elected by deceit, manipulation and a reckless disregard for the law will impose their ideological whims on growing underclass of the disengaged and the apathetic.  This will last as long as the Government is able to stumble from crises to disaters to error without enraging the underclass. Inevitably that Government will finally choke on it own corrupt incompetence and face a crises it is unable to surmount causing the masses to turn to a Caesar, or a Napoleon type figure to "save them".  

If you want to see the USA's future, look to Putin's Russia.

I said they are both centrists not that they agree. Centrists can pick an agenda from both sides and if you look at both sides agendas they picked and choose what they think will appeal to the voters. Hillary has flip flopped over and over during her tenures and trump follows whatever agenda makes him the bucks. Neither side has ever followed a strictly left or right leaning set of policies.

Klaatu_Nicto #39 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 22:03

Major

• Players
  • 43910 battles

View PostBlackhorse_Six_, on Oct 26 2016 - 11:36, said:

Saw this Live ...

I watched the Megyn and Newt exchange on youtube last night and Newt is right about the polls.

The day before the general election in November, 1994 all the polls were saying there would be no big changes in the Senate or House. The next day one of the biggest upsets ever happened when the voters gave the republicans control of the Senate and House which ended 60 years of a democrat controlled congress. That was the year of Newt's 'Contract With America' and that election made him speaker of the House. 

Side note, a former friend and political activist sued Newt over the 'Contract With America.' Actually, he was right. It was his idea.

Earlier this year unsuccessful Puyallup, Washington, school-board candidate Dale Washam filed a lawsuit against, among others, House speaker Newt Gingrich and the state Republican Party, claiming the Republicans stole the 1994 "Contract With America" idea from him. Washam said he originated the concept of holding political candidates to their promises when he ran in 1991, 1992, and 1993.

I would tell you why he is a former friend but he might file a lawsuit against me. He does that a lot. That's the last time I ever trust a politician enough to be friends with him/her.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/special-reports/article25859236.html

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto, Oct 26 2016 - 22:25.

Horribad_At_Tanks #40 Posted Oct 26 2016 - 22:10

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Oct 26 2016 - 01:21, said:

View PostHiroe, on Oct 26 2016 - 11:59, said:

i've been saying to people that fox news is in the center for a long time now but they literally never believe me

The only reason I don't mention hannity is that whilst he has the right idea and probably good intentions he isn't really helping with his rhetoric. It sounds great to those who accept it but it's pure poison to those that don't and the ones who count which are the voters who are undecided get left with the feeling he is spinning too much and might discount him. If he would just pull in the horns a bit and be a touch more moderate he could very well tip the election with his level of national exposure. Remember the left and right already know who they are voting for and it's the middle who look at both sides and go hmmmm which are the ones that need to be wooed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users