Who is your favorite news anchor?

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Klaatu_Nicto #81 Posted Dec 08 2016 - 19:09

Major

• Players
  • 43956 battles

Washington Post Appends "Russian Propaganda Fake News" Story, Admits It May Be Fake

"By admitting it never vetted its primary source, whose biased and conflicted "work" smeared hundreds of websites, this one included, just how is the Washington Post any different from the "fake news" it has been deriding on a daily basis ever since"  Nov. 8th.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-07/washington-post-apends-russian-propaganda-story-admits-it-may-be-fake

Horribad_At_Tanks #82 Posted Dec 08 2016 - 19:24

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

Welcome to the News Wars. I've been waiting for this day ever since the 80's when news went from investigating and reporting the facts to infotainment fashioned from whole cloth to garner ratings. Once cable was a reality for most americans and suddenly we went from a handful of channels to literally thousands we now have every news outlet doing the reality tv route to get those ratings. Welp it backfired as americans are losing trust by the millions. Well except for democrats. They still trust the news it seems just as much as ever. :popcorn:

http://www.gallup.co...ks-new-low.aspx

Speedy_DePalma #83 Posted Dec 08 2016 - 20:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3329 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Dec 08 2016 - 12:09, said:

Washington Post Appends "Russian Propaganda Fake News" Story, Admits It May Be Fake

"By admitting it never vetted its primary source, whose biased and conflicted "work" smeared hundreds of websites, this one included, just how is the Washington Post any different from the "fake news" it has been deriding on a daily basis ever since"  Nov. 8th.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-07/washington-post-apends-russian-propaganda-story-admits-it-may-be-fake

Remember there was a time when a redaction was a serious black mark on a news agency's credibility?  Nowadays they celebrate them like badges of honor.

Klaatu_Nicto #84 Posted Dec 09 2016 - 07:25

Major

• Players
  • 43956 battles

A lot of fake news about fake news lately.

Where it is leading.......

This Is the Purge We All Knew Was Coming

Someday, they simply wouldn’t allow certain things to remain on the Internet any longer. The potential to reach a global audience with important information, and the idea that it could be in the hands of anyone is just too big.

That is the state of free speech in 2016. It can be eradicated at a moment’s notice, and perhaps for reasons you aren’t even aware of.

https://www.lewrockw...ge-knew-coming/

Klaatu_Nicto #85 Posted Dec 09 2016 - 19:47

Major

• Players
  • 43956 battles

Here is some real 'fake' news.

Klaatu_Nicto #86 Posted Dec 15 2016 - 03:35

Major

• Players
  • 43956 battles

Some big news about the hacking coming out today. We''ll have to wait and see how much air or print play it gets in the mainstream media.

1. I'm hearing on Fox News, and corroborated by a member of Congress, U.S. intelligence agencies are refusing to attend and testify at Congressional hearing on Russian hacking.

2. This one comes from England. A former British Ambassador says it was not the Russians who handed him the hacked emails, while he was in D.C., which he turned over to Wikileaks 

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto, Dec 15 2016 - 03:37.

Horribad_At_Tanks #87 Posted Dec 15 2016 - 03:43

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Dec 14 2016 - 21:35, said:

Some big news about the hacking coming out today. We''ll have to wait and see how much air or print play it gets in the mainstream media.

1. I'm hearing on Fox News, and corroborated by a member of Congress, U.S. intelligence agencies are refusing to attend and testify at Congressional hearing on Russian hacking.

2. This one comes from England. A former British Ambassador says it was not the Russians who handed him the hacked emails, while he was in D.C., which he turned over to Wikileaks 

The supposed cia leak that it was literally an order from putin are not actually from the cia. They are from a so far unnamed source in the cia called 'members of the intelligence community'. Every other american intelligence agency is saying they don't know wth cia is talking about and no actual leadership of the cia have confirmed anything. This is the death rattles of the political and media opposition as they see decades of bribes and graft and illegal collusion getting tossed out the window in just a few more weeks.

BaconMeLoveIt #88 Posted Dec 15 2016 - 06:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12810 battles
  • [-STN-] -STN-

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Dec 08 2016 - 22:25, said:

A lot of fake news about fake news lately.

Where it is leading.......

This Is the Purge We All Knew Was Coming

Someday, they simply wouldn’t allow certain things to remain on the Internet any longer. The potential to reach a global audience with important information, and the idea that it could be in the hands of anyone is just too big.

That is the state of free speech in 2016. It can be eradicated at a moment’s notice, and perhaps for reasons you aren’t even aware of.

https://www.lewrockw...ge-knew-coming/

Well, that campaign is a slippery slope.

Klaatu_Nicto #89 Posted Dec 15 2016 - 10:07

Major

• Players
  • 43956 battles

View PostHorribad_At_Tanks, on Dec 14 2016 - 18:43, said:

The supposed cia leak that it was literally an order from putin are not actually from the cia. They are from a so far unnamed source in the cia called 'members of the intelligence community'. Every other american intelligence agency is saying they don't know wth cia is talking about and no actual leadership of the cia have confirmed anything. This is the death rattles of the political and media opposition as they see decades of bribes and graft and illegal collusion getting tossed out the window in just a few more weeks.

I don't see them giving up their power gracefully. I sense we are on the verge of something big about to happen. It's the same sense I got after the 1994 and 2000 elections which were both followed by acts of 'terrorism.'

From The New American, 3-17-97, page 17, by William F. Jasper:

After nearly two years of adamant denials that any federal agencies had even the slightest inkling of any plot to blow up the Alfred P. Murrah Building in Oklahoma City, federal prosecutors have been dealt a stunning blow.  Just weeks before the scheduled March 31st start of the trial of bombing suspect Timothy McVeigh, a series of revelations have forced the Justice Department to concede that they did indeed have an undercover informant inside a white
supremacist group which this magazine and other news organizations had previously linked to McVeigh.  Even more important, newly available evidence from this informant and other federal sources strongly supports the suspicions that Andreas Karl Strassmeir, a mysterious German national reported on previously in these pages (see The New American for June 24, 1996 and July 8. 1996), not only was a confederate of McVeigh, but was also a federal undercover
operative....The primary object of their [the Justice Dept., rf] alarm was Carol M. Howe....According to Howe, in mid-1994 she was approached by ATF agent Angela Finley and became a confidential informant for the agency....specific warnings of plans to blow up the Murrah Building were contained in more the 70 reports Howe made to Finley during 1994-95....NBC's Boettcher stated:
      Howe gave the government information before the
      bombing on alleged threats by others in Elohim City,
      including this man, Andreas Strassmeir.  According to
      federal documents, Strassmeir was the military
      training officer for Mahon's organization called the
      White Aryan Resistance.  The FBI summary of informant
      Carol Howe's report states, "Strassmeir has talked
      frequently about direct action against the U.S.
      government.  He is trained in weaponry and has
      discussed assassination, bombings, and mass shootings.
      Strassmeir and Mahon have taken three trips to
      Oklahoma City."
  The NBC report on Howe ended by noting that "the government acknowledges in federal documents that she was their informant.".....  Is the FBI really that incredibly inept, or were they under orders to let Strassmeir walk because he was an important undercover asset for the bureau or some other federal agency?....  In a series of interviews conducted in Berlin last year with Amborse Evens-Pritchard of the Daily Telegraph of London, Strassmeir stated that he came to the U.S. in 1989 because he was planning to work on special assignment for the U.S. Justice Department.

From The Daily Oklahoman, 3-29-96, page 8, by staff writer
Nolan Clay:
  ....In a letter received by The Oklahoman on Thursday, he [former OKC bombing grand juror Hoppy Heidelberg] wrote: "I am...mad...that people can come into our state and murder 168 people and walk off leaving two preselected patsies to take the fall; and that the authorities aid and abet this atrocity by ignoring the evidence of the involvement of the other perpetrators."

From the Valley Daily News, 11-1-95, page C4:
The grand juror thrown off the panel investigating the federal building bombing says the government has known all along who John Doe No. 2 is and even knew of the plot before the explosion.  He "was either a government agent or a government informant, either way they had...prior knowledge to the bombing and that's what they can't afford to have come out. I'm satisfied that the government knows who he is, " Heidelberg says of the suspect pictured in FBI sketches distributed right after the bombing.

From The Saturday Oklahoman and Times, 2-3-96, page 12, by
Robby Trammell and Nolan Clay:

Glenn Wilburn said it was "excruciatingly emotional" to sit in the courtroom and see the two men accused in the deaths of his young grandsons, Chase Smith, 3, and Colton Smith, 2....."That's probably the thing that bothers me the most...is I'm sitting there and watching the whole country, the media, focusing on Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols," he said. "It amazes me no one ever talks or asks about the other people that were with Mr. McVeigh that morning down here. There were at least three other people. No one wants to talk about that. It infuriates me. I just know what I've worked on and what I've seen. Believe me there were others downtown that morning with Mr. McViegh."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

McVeigh was pulled over after the bombing for having no license plate on his car and was arrested when the officer saw he was carrying a concealed weapon. The official story as reported by the mainstream national media is just as McVeigh was about to be released from jail an officer noticed the similarity between Mcveigh and the FBI sketch of John Doe #1 so they held him and called the FBI. Once again you have to go to a local news outlet to get the truth.

From The Sunday Oklahoman, April 23, 1995, page A23:

FBI agents checked for McVeigh's name in the computer and learned from it he had been stopped by the trooper. That is why they called the Noble County Sheriff....said Noble County prosecutor Gibson..."If the FBI had called an hour later, he would have been gone.."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other words, the FBI gave a false story to the mainstream national media who reported it without question. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Soldier of Fortune magazine, April 1996, by former BATF agent Richard L. Sherrow:

My return to OKC was prompted in great part by pleas of many of the bombing victims themselves. Impressed by what they considered to be Soldier of Fortune's no-nonesense approach to journalism, they asked SOF to take an open and objective look at the situation. They wanted the truth. Their lives had been torn apart, not only by the bombing. but by the aftermath. They found themselves besieged by an onslaught of every breed of con artist and publicist
imaginable. In their words, "We're sick of the crazy conspiracy theories. But at the same time, we know damn well that the government isn't being fully honest with us."  After interviewing numerous eyewitnesses, I have very little doubt that there is no JD2. No, what comes up over and over is that there is in reality John Does Two,Three, and Four!

From Media Bypass magazine, Feb. 1996, by J.D. Cash:

LOSE YOUR ILLUSION: JOHN DOE #'s 2, 3 AND 4 STILL OUT THERE

Long later reported to authorities his encounter with the two suspicious characters that morning [April 19, 1995,rf]. He will not, however, be called to testify before the federal grand jury....

Hunt's recollection, offered to authorities, of McVeigh in the comapny of two men following the Ryder truck will not be brought before the grand jury. He was not
subpoenaed to testify....

Snider vivdly recalls that the driver was a dark-skinned man with a stocky build...Despite other eyewitness accounts supportng his recollection, Mr. Snider is not called before the federal grand jury....

Moroz eventually narrowed the string of possible suspects down to two individuals, one of whom was McVeigh. However, his testimony that McVeigh was accompanied by another individual just minutes before the bombing will not be presented to the grand jury. He was not called....

Joe's eyewitness account of McVeigh being accompanied by at least two other suspects, along with information on the brown pickup truck, will not be provided to the grand jury. He was not called....

Racing directly toward him is that same yellow Mercury he noticed earlier, but now with two individuals inside...The license tag, which he saw dangling from the
sedan by one bolt, was plainly Oklahoman - and he wonders to this day why the authorities keep referring to an Arizona plate...none of Lewis' information will be provided to the grand jury....

Although Dana and her sister are the last known living persons to witness the delivery of the Ryder, as well as having a clear look at one of the bombers, neither will be called before the grand jury....

Lea considers reading the "riot act" to the inconsiderate "slobs" that have taken her handicapped parking spot. Juggling these thoughts while she focuses on
the truck, Lea's universe suddenly turns a bright, fiery orange. Medical experts subsequently term Lea's recovery nothing short of miraculous. However, the grand jury will not be informed of her existence nor what she noticed that fateful day....

Faye's detailed description of the brown pickup and its occupants would seemingly corroborate other eyewitness accounts, which taken as a whole offer strong evidence that these conspirators survived the blast and escaped. She was not called to testify before the grand jury....

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto, Dec 15 2016 - 10:14.

Horribad_At_Tanks #90 Posted Dec 16 2016 - 06:02

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Dec 15 2016 - 04:07, said:

I don't see them giving up their power gracefully. I sense we are on the verge of something big about to happen.

:bajan:

https://www.youtube....h?v=jk3KRxTfkLM

Klaatu_Nicto #91 Posted Dec 16 2016 - 08:14

Major

• Players
  • 43956 battles

View PostHorribad_At_Tanks, on Dec 15 2016 - 21:02, said:

That's big but a bit late.

Besides the obvious, looks like different factions of the Deep State are at war with each other too. 

And the Northern Hemisphere has gone into a deep freeze.

I think we are on the verge of historic events.

Horribad_At_Tanks #92 Posted Dec 16 2016 - 08:34

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Dec 16 2016 - 02:14, said:

That's big but a bit late.

Besides the obvious, looks like different factions of the Deep State are at war with each other too. 

And the Northern Hemisphere has gone into a deep freeze.

I think we are on the verge of historic events.

Heh, we have been having historic events for decades and decades now. This is just the next round. As to the story yeah it's a bit late but will be needed when the news wars really heat up when trump takes office. Also notice his cabinet is starting to shape up with a decidedly military and corporate twist which means even he knows it's probably about shtf time as the losers are not going to go out without a fight. This is because to lose means to go to jail or lose their continuing power which is probably the worst thing they can imagine as the majority have never held a private sector job and without government employment they will be on the same level as those they dominated for so long.

Horribad_At_Tanks #93 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 01:21

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

Another news anchor added to my trusted list. :great:

https://www.youtube....h?v=3Z_cTtTvbAc

Mudman24 #94 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 01:32

Major

• Players
  • 36183 battles
I think Chris Matthews is probably the best in the business.

Klaatu_Nicto #95 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 01:40

Major

• Players
  • 43956 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Dec 08 2016 - 10:09, said:

And last week the Washington Post did it again. 

From Russian hackers burrowed deep within the US electrical grid, ready to plunge the nation into darkness at the flip of a switch, an hour and a half later the story suddenly became that a single non-grid laptop had a piece of malware on it and that the laptop was not connected to the utility grid in any way.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleetaru/2017/01/01/fake-news-and-how-the-washington-post-rewrote-its-story-on-russian-hacking-of-the-power-grid/#7e125fd4291e

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto, Jan 06 2017 - 01:41.

Klaatu_Nicto #96 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 01:47

Major

• Players
  • 43956 battles

View PostHorribad_At_Tanks, on Jan 05 2017 - 16:21, said:

Another news anchor added to my trusted list. :great:

https://www.youtube....h?v=3Z_cTtTvbAc

Did you hear how CBS radio first reported this incident early this morning? I can't find it online but it left you with the opposite idea of what actually happened.

Horribad_At_Tanks #97 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 02:13

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Jan 05 2017 - 19:47, said:

Did you hear how CBS radio first reported this incident early this morning? I can't find it online but it left you with the opposite idea of what actually happened.

Chicago police first comments were also along the lines of it's just kids being kids. This was mirrored by cnn a bit later with a panel discussion that decided the entire episode was not evil and just some confused kids with no real knowledge of what they were doing acting out from bad parenting. Tunes changed quickly when the outrage spilled out into millions of angry tweets and facebook posts youtube vids and calls to the chicago police and now you can expect a full grand jury indictment with all the trimmings. 

In other news the entire us battle fleet is in it's various home ports with not a single carrier expected to sail for at least a month leaving only the normal cruiser and destroyer patrols with a marine helicopter carrier to keep the peace on the high seas. Nato troops are moving into position along the polish border and china and india just ratcheted up the endgame over their border yet again and soros is promising racial war in the eu by any means possible. If I was a betting man I would say an updated shelter in place plan would be a natural win. ;)

Klaatu_Nicto #98 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 20:38

Major

• Players
  • 43956 battles

View PostHorribad_At_Tanks, on Jan 05 2017 - 17:13, said:

Chicago police first comments were also along the lines of it's just kids being kids. This was mirrored by cnn a bit later with a panel discussion that decided the entire episode was not evil and just some confused kids with no real knowledge of what they were doing acting out from bad parenting. Tunes changed quickly when the outrage spilled out into millions of angry tweets and facebook posts youtube vids and calls to the chicago police and now you can expect a full grand jury indictment with all the trimmings. 

In other news the entire us battle fleet is in it's various home ports with not a single carrier expected to sail for at least a month leaving only the normal cruiser and destroyer patrols with a marine helicopter carrier to keep the peace on the high seas. Nato troops are moving into position along the polish border and china and india just ratcheted up the endgame over their border yet again and soros is promising racial war in the eu by any means possible. If I was a betting man I would say an updated shelter in place plan would be a natural win. ;)

What CBS radio news was worse than that. In their initial top of the hour report they did not mention race but left listeners with the impression it was Trump supporters doing the torturing. They must have gotten a lot of angry calls from listeners who had heard the news elsewhere because in the next hours report they told the truth about what happened.

If the world can just hold on for two more weeks maybe someone will put a stop to the attempt to restart the Cold War.

Speedy_DePalma #99 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 21:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3329 battles

Gonna put this on here because I'm reminded of it because the way the news spins narratives to get someone to believe them reminds me of Sandlers character.

Spoiler

Horribad_At_Tanks #100 Posted Jan 06 2017 - 22:00

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Jan 06 2017 - 14:38, said:

What CBS radio news was worse than that. In their initial top of the hour report they did not mention race but left listeners with the impression it was Trump supporters doing the torturing. They must have gotten a lot of angry calls from listeners who had heard the news elsewhere because in the next hours report they told the truth about what happened.

If the world can just hold on for two more weeks maybe someone will put a stop to the attempt to restart the Cold War.

The msm narrative has changed now that public opinion has been seen to be pegging the outrage scale no matter who the race polled. As to the new cold war this is something different. Every major power is forting up their major combatants(including russia) into safe zones past china and that carrier they launched is no threat to the region because it doesn't have the equivalent of a battle fleet to back it up so it's fodder for the first ship or aircraft or sub that finds it via torps or cruise missile. No, Something Is Up™ and there is much going on that the media isn't reporting. Just keep in mind that trump has complete support of the military as internal polling shows from the joint chiefs on down and I'm betting the joint chiefs are purging the battle fleet officer corps of the political appointees hoisted on them the last few decades.

To be a fly on the wall.. :bajan:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users