Jump to content


Tankettes: Possible New Class?


  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

KatyuNishizu353 #1 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 10:32

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 897 battles
  • 203
  • Member since:
    09-10-2016

I think Tankettes should get some love in the game. They can be their own class (Italy comes to mind), and fill in the scout role. All countries had 'em (though Italy had the most), so there would be additions to every nation. Matchmaking would be tricky though, as would the weapons/ammo. Some had nothing more than machine guns (which would almost certainly fail to pen anything above T2-3), which means they would strictly be scout vehicles, zooming around the fields like jeeps. Most damage they could possibly do is probably immobilize/track a tank.

 

Suggestions for the Tankette Class:

- High capacity/Infinite ammo (given that they would most likely be armed with machine guns of no higher caliber than .50)

- Historical speeds or upwards of 60-70kph (since they weigh less than 2-3 tons for some)

- +/- 3-5 Tier matchmaking. These are scouts, enough said. Keep moving or get penned. This is due to the limited models of Tankettes from each nation (aside from Italy). Cap Tankettes at T5 and have them see T9 and T10, as well as T1 and T2. Horrible matchmaking, yes, but these are scouts, you're spotting for your team, not dealing damage.

 

If you have suggestions, post a comment. If you have a counter-argument, let's hear it. Thanks for reading!


Edited by KatyuNishizu353, Oct 27 2016 - 10:34.


T__J #2 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 10:36

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 47643 battles
  • 563
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011
so you talking kinda about similar BMD ? (boievaja mashina desanta?) , or BMP, boievaja mashina pichoti

Edited by T__J, Oct 27 2016 - 10:37.


The_Dastardly_Canuck_rob #3 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 10:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 19784 battles
  • 3,566
  • [NEATT] NEATT
  • Member since:
    06-07-2012
I suggest you have more then 250 battles before you make suggestions.

TheReturned #4 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 10:40

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14608 battles
  • 305
  • [TAGMA] TAGMA
  • Member since:
    09-27-2013

View PostKatyuNishizu353, on Oct 27 2016 - 21:32, said:

I think Tankettes should get some love in the game. They can be their own class (Italy comes to mind), and fill in the scout role. All countries had 'em (though Italy had the most), so there would be additions to every nation. Matchmaking would be tricky though, as would the weapons/ammo. Some had nothing more than machine guns (which would almost certainly fail to pen anything above T2-3), which means they would strictly be scout vehicles, zooming around the fields like jeeps. Most damage they could possibly do is probably immobilize/track a tank.

 

Suggestions for the Tankette Class:

- High capacity/Infinite ammo (given that they would most likely be armed with machine guns of no higher caliber than .50)

- Historical speeds or upwards of 60-70kph (since they weigh less than 2-3 tons for some)

- +/- 3-5 Tier matchmaking. These are scouts, enough said. Keep moving or get penned. This is due to the limited models of Tankettes from each nation (aside from Italy). Cap Tankettes at T5 and have them see T9 and T10, as well as T1 and T2. Horrible matchmaking, yes, but these are scouts, you're spotting for your team, not dealing damage.

 

If you have suggestions, post a comment. If you have a counter-argument, let's hear it. Thanks for reading!

 

I do admit a decent idea however...

 

Scout match making + 1-3 is bad enough.. Light tanks are meant for spotting and a t5/6 light tank against a t8/10 medium, a lot of the time mediums can do better spotting and they also have better mm and most of the time a better gun/armor.

 

Second flaw I see is World of tanks is a game which is meant to be fun. People enjoy tanks because you're driving around shooting things and blowing stuff up. the way how you make these "tankettes" sound are nothing but race cars. If people enjoyed fast driving cars they would be playing other games, however this is a tank game for shooting things. Not getting fastest lap time possible


Edited by TheReturned, Oct 27 2016 - 10:41.


KatyuNishizu353 #5 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 10:42

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 897 battles
  • 203
  • Member since:
    09-10-2016

View PostThe_Dastardly_Canuck_rob, on Oct 27 2016 - 10:40, said:

I suggest you have more then 250 battles before you make suggestions.

 

I suggest you tone down your toxicity. This is a suggestion, not an order. I had an idea and posted it. No need to be asinine about things.

TheReturned #6 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 10:44

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14608 battles
  • 305
  • [TAGMA] TAGMA
  • Member since:
    09-27-2013

View PostThe_Dastardly_Canuck_rob, on Oct 27 2016 - 21:40, said:

I suggest you have more then 250 battles before you make suggestions.

 

I suggest you finally break yellow overall (650 - "average Wn8" ) Before you start being even the slightest bit critical

Edited by TheReturned, Oct 27 2016 - 10:46.


KatyuNishizu353 #7 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 10:48

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 897 battles
  • 203
  • Member since:
    09-10-2016

View PostTheReturned, on Oct 27 2016 - 10:40, said:

 

I do admit a decent idea however...

 

Scout match making + 1-3 is bad enough.. Light tanks are meant for spotting and a t5/6 light tank against a t8/10 medium, a lot of the time mediums can do better spotting and they also have better mm and most of the time a better gun/armor.

 

Second flaw I see is World of tanks is a game which is meant to be fun. People enjoy tanks because you're driving around shooting things and blowing stuff up. the way how you make these "tankettes" sound are nothing but race cars. If people enjoyed fast driving cars they would be playing other games, however this is a tank game for shooting things. Not getting fastest lap time possible

 

I get that, but my point was to give some underappreciated WWI/WWII vehicles some love. You can arm them with different ammo types (incendiary, explosive tip, etc).and get some damage potential there if needed.

Edited by KatyuNishizu353, Oct 27 2016 - 10:49.


The_Dastardly_Canuck_rob #8 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 10:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 19784 battles
  • 3,566
  • [NEATT] NEATT
  • Member since:
    06-07-2012

View PostTheReturned, on Oct 27 2016 - 04:44, said:

 

I suggest you finally break yellow overall (650 - "average Wn8" ) Before you start being even the slightest bit critical

 

topkek the tryhard got mad.

KatyuNishizu353 #9 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 10:54

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 897 battles
  • 203
  • Member since:
    09-10-2016

View PostTheReturned, on Oct 27 2016 - 10:51, said:

 

Yep, I'm so triggered right now clearly. You don't understand how tryhard you have to be to be mad at someone elses stats, after all tryharding 47% win ratio is a difficult task, something you and I could both aim for?

 

Lol. On topic though, my suggestions were meant to spark discussion, not anger.

cbm369 #10 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 11:08

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 18668 battles
  • 86
  • Member since:
    10-02-2012
For that to work reasonably well, they would need better speed, say 80+, to get to spotting areas before high tier mediums can spot them. Also, they would need basically tier 9-10 vision ranges to be worthwhile, otherwise they are too similar to low tier light tanks we already have.

Themutt36 #11 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 11:09

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18299 battles
  • 1,019
  • [DV] DV
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Probably just the time of day for the grumpiness...

KatyuNishizu353 #12 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 11:10

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 897 battles
  • 203
  • Member since:
    09-10-2016

View Postcbm369, on Oct 27 2016 - 11:08, said:

For that to work reasonably well, they would need better speed, say 80+, to get to spotting areas before high tier mediums can spot them. Also, they would need basically tier 9-10 vision ranges to be worthwhile, otherwise they are too similar to low tier light tanks we already have.

 

Makes sense.

T__J #13 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 11:36

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 47643 battles
  • 563
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View PostKatyuNishizu353, on Oct 27 2016 - 04:10, said:

 

Makes sense.

 

242 battles, and you already unhappy, ??, maby farmwille be better for you

Edited by T__J, Oct 27 2016 - 11:36.


Awestryker #14 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 11:54

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20438 battles
  • 1,493
  • Member since:
    01-15-2013

View PostTheReturned, on Oct 27 2016 - 04:40, said:

Light tanks are meant for spotting and a t5/6 light tank against a t8/10 medium, a lot of the time mediums can do better spotting and they also have better mm and most of the time a better gun/armor.

 

All I have played for the last 4 weeks is scouts, in particular the scrawny tier 6 MT-25, tier 6 VK2801 and a smattering of others...only scouts...for 4+ weeks...

Take a look at my recent stats ;)

 

Scouts can really swing games if you know where to go, know when to be passive and when to go active to flank, and know how to setup your light tank...I will light up meds all day, even several tiers higher...

 

 



28beers #15 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 11:56

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 88279 battles
  • 37
  • [TNSF] TNSF
  • Member since:
    03-23-2011

Just one word for you         "NO"

 



ket101 #16 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 11:59

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 17968 battles
  • 8,428
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011
Renault UE 57 is probably as much as you'll get in the tankette line.

KatyuNishizu353 #17 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 12:12

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 897 battles
  • 203
  • Member since:
    09-10-2016

View PostT__J, on Oct 27 2016 - 11:36, said:

 

242 battles, and you already unhappy, ??, maby farmwille be better for you

 

Never said I was unhappy. I quite enjoy the Pz 38 (t) and the n.A.

CapturedJoe #18 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 12:18

    Captain

  • Players
  • 4214 battles
  • 1,895
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013
There are already tankettes in the game, and they fall under the "light tank" category. Type 97 Te-Ke, T7 Combat Car, Vickers Mk. VIC, all of them tankettes.

KatyuNishizu353 #19 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 12:32

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 897 battles
  • 203
  • Member since:
    09-10-2016

View PostCapturedJoe, on Oct 27 2016 - 12:18, said:

There are already tankettes in the game, and they fall under the "light tank" category. Type 97 Te-Ke, T7 Combat Car, Vickers Mk. VIC, all of them tankettes.

 

Cool. Just talkin' about them as a dedicated class is all.

 

Don't see why the toxic chat is needed over a simple suggestion. I'm a player who prefers Light and Medium tanks, so Tankettes would be right up my alley, so I posted a suggestion about them being added in (to also show Italy some appreciation too). It's a suggestion, treat it like one. Please.



18Bravo #20 Posted Oct 27 2016 - 12:38

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 18359 battles
  • 256
  • [RIVEN] RIVEN
  • Member since:
    10-29-2010
Wouldn't mind more tankettes, but I don't think we would see any of them past tier 5.  Other than the UE57, largest gun I've seen was 20mm, in a Polish TKS tankette, or 37mm on a Polish 7TP.  Only Italian tankettes I know of would be the Carro Armato L6/40 with a 20mm, and the other Carro Armato M13/40  with a 47mm main gun.  Oh the days of Forgotten Hope '42.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users