SaskO Win Rate Want to win more Quickybaby

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

tiadashi #21 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 20:46

Major

• Players
  • 21084 battles

View PostLemmingRush, on Nov 03 2016 - 20:37, said:

Maybe I just find it awkward when someone pretends he knows a thing or two about winning, and proceeds to almost throw the game

But hey, youre allowed to have your own opinion too. I just hope the people who use his positions are on your team and not mine

Ya i mean who makes mistakes, what a loser  - obviously QB isnt a bad player, im a bad player and like i said they enjoy his videos which has nothing to do with making every decision correctly - 

Holo_ #22 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 20:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1118 battles

View PostStriker_70, on Nov 03 2016 - 14:45, said:

Yeah, for your team.  Which you are 1/15th of.

Unless of course you platoon.  Then it becomes easier (or harder) to win.  Does that mean you're more successful?  No.  It just means you stacked the deck.  It means you chose easy mode over hard mode.

Platooning with friends is still far more fun than solo.  C:

Remember, fun first, then wins.  If you like solo, have at!  :D

wh1skybarrel #23 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 20:50

Major

• Players
  • 21454 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
A wise man once said - "If you ain't first you're last."

LemmingRush #24 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 20:51

Major

• Players
  • 15944 battles

No, he isnt a bad player. Its impressive he can uphold his stats when he plays in 6 hour sessions 4 times a week. (Thats what it used to be, im not sure what it is now). Not everryone watches qb for entertainment though.. many of his viewers are there to learn, and hes aware of that. When he shows himself play badly but doesnt explain explicitly why he plays badly, people are likely to consider it him being humble and still use his play or position because "quickybaby goes here".

Didnt mean to come off as hostile to you, i was just sharing my opinion in regards to the way he presents his replays :P

cartires #25 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 21:14

Captain

• Players
  • 41924 battles

View PostFulcrous, on Nov 03 2016 - 13:48, said:

I find that if you 'learn' from QuickyBaby, you generally play worse.

Someone who doesn't win as often as he should statistically probably isn't worth listening to anymore.

I agree, however I think that you should listen to sask-outrigger........

CheekiBreeki_ #26 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 21:16

Major

• Banned
  • 46153 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

You can't fully control your win rate, the closest thing you can do to make your win rate higher is by contributing tremendously to the team

Sergeant_Lee #27 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 21:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12685 battles
  • [PIR8] PIR8

There are different types of World of Tank contributors. Here's my list:

Educational: 

Dreadshells Gaming, LemmingRush, Zeven, Anfield, uberdice, 4TankersAndDog

Reviews/Leaks/Analysis:

Sahm Lockhart,

Entertainment:

QuickyBaby, The Mighty Jingles, AwesomeEpicGuys, maus81

Mix/Hybrid:

SirCircon, JustforlolzFYI, DezGamez, AgingJedi, PointyHairedJedi

Replays:

Lacho WoT Replays, By Erddem, World Of Tanks The Best Replays, Epic Wot Battles

CheekiBreeki_ #28 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 21:20

Major

• Banned
  • 46153 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostSergeant_Lee, on Nov 03 2016 - 14:18, said:

There are different types of World of Tank contributors. Here's my list:

Educational: 

Dreadshells Gaming, LemmingRush, Zeven, Anfield, uberdice, 4TankersAndDog

Reviews/Leaks/Analysis:

Sahm Lockhart,

Entertainment:

QuickyBaby, The Mighty Jingles, AwesomeEpicGuys, maus81

Mix/Hybrid:

SirCircon, JustforlolzFYI, DezGamez, AgingJedi, PointyHairedJedi

Replays:

Lacho WoT Replays, By Erddem, World Of Tanks The Best Replays, Epic Wot Battles

I have never heard of more than half of those people you listed

Viggen #29 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 21:29

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 27406 battles

View PostLemmingRush, on Nov 03 2016 - 14:51, said:

No, he isnt a bad player. Its impressive he can uphold his stats when he plays in 6 hour sessions 4 times a week. (Thats what it used to be, im not sure what it is now). Not everryone watches qb for entertainment though.. many of his viewers are there to learn, and hes aware of that. When he shows himself play badly but doesnt explain explicitly why he plays badly, people are likely to consider it him being humble and still use his play or position because "quickybaby goes here".

Didnt mean to come off as hostile to you, i was just sharing my opinion in regards to the way he presents his replays :P

Just to add a bit: I find he does call himself out on "donkey moves" often enough during his livestreams, just, as you mentioned, not every time.  For others that quibble about his gameplay, he has said in a prior video some time ago, that he now plays for fun/entertainment, and (iirc) doesn't consider he has much of anything left to prove. 

His matches with QSF doing team battle stuff shows a pretty different gameface than his solo streams do, fwiw.

Regards.

Collapsed_Eigenfunction #30 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 21:38

Major

• Players
  • 27283 battles
  • [-RECK] -RECK

View PostStriker_70, on Nov 03 2016 - 19:45, said:

Unless of course you platoon with other good players.  Then it becomes easier to win.  Does that mean you're more successful?  No.  It just means you stacked the deck.  It means you chose the game's easy setting over the hard setting.  But no actual gamer considers doing well on the easy setting to be an accomplishment. 

doing well on any setting is still more of an achievement then being utter trash in "hard mode".

saying that knowing what you are doing and playing accordingly is stacking the deck is just retarded, somehow 1/15 means nothing to you but 2/15 is game breaking, make up your mind.

Fulcrous_really_heckin #31 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 21:45

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 32559 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View PostSuicidal_Enemy, on Nov 03 2016 - 11:13, said:

Someone is full of himself,

not saying who tho.

Except QB literally spent 3 minutes attempting to chai snipe whilst his team did all the work in 9/0 as well as 1/2. You will notice by the 3 minute mark, he has yet to break 1k damage.

What he accomplished in the particular game did not really impact the flow of the game. Whether or not QB was there, his team would still have won. In other words, him trying to explain how to 'win more' despite having no significant outcome to the result of the match is facetious.

QB is an entertainment channel, not an educational channel.

View Postcartires, on Nov 03 2016 - 12:14, said:

I agree, however I think that you should listen to sask-outrigger........

QB didn't make the decisions that resulted in the win. It was quite literally the rest of his team that did - to which he makes no mention outside of the reset by the M103. The match was won due to a combination of the following: his team pushing (rather than camping) the 9/0 and the selfless reset by the M103. QB farmed what is known as 'useless' damage.

RushingJaws #32 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 21:53

Captain

• Players
  • 16917 battles

Honestly, nothing in that video isn't something that someone else could have pointed out. Or has already pointed out in the forum.

Going into matches with a positive mindset is going to, over the course of many thousands of battles, have good impact on one's W/R. Before we even get into the specifics of tanks or playing well. It's no different than say...professional poker. Get your head on straight and just play.

After that, it's understanding the limitations of one's tank, the capabilities of the other teams tanks, and where you can put your tank into a position to maximize your advantages while forcing the enemy tankers to work harder at doing their own role. To do that, you need to truly understand each map in the game beyond the "medium spot" or "where the heavies go". When you start doing that consistently, you'll see all the stats you want start to go up.

Doesn't mean you'll win every game or even a vast majority in a single session. Being consistent in play is key. It'll soften streaky losses over time.

Sergeant_Lee #33 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 22:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12685 battles
  • [PIR8] PIR8

View PostCheekiBreeki_, on Nov 03 2016 - 15:20, said:

I have never heard of more than half of those people you listed

Probably cause I'm a weirdo and like to follow random WoT contributors on YouTube? :unsure:

johnmadara #34 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 23:15

Major

• Players
  • 31504 battles
you win some you lose some... while you are only 1/15th of the team when you look at the general wot skill level and realize how bad people are you suddenly become half the teams skill most the time

Rolling_Tigers #35 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 23:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11384 battles

Honestly, in my experience as a new player, Quickybaby really didn't help me at all- most of his videos are focused on tank reviews which anybody who is literate can do, and his stream is largely useless due to poor positioning. 

My choice of streams would consist of Overlord Prime, Smylee (Maybe), and undoubtedly Zeven. Accept no substitutes. I found Zeven the most useful- he explains the positions the best, and overall the flow of the game far better than any other streamer I've watched. 

Again, learning from Zeven, the east side of Steppes I find far more dynamic and absolutely pivotal in encounter- the west side is campy and I had no idea why QB would go there. 

strenfoo #36 Posted Nov 04 2016 - 02:50

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12425 battles
I was not impressed by this video.  He encourages folks to not go into battles with preconceived notions about how it will go and yet he uses XVM with chance-to-win turned on and has it in his mod pack (thus, lots of his viewers will as well because they think they need XVM to be as good as him).  Plus, he nearly blows the game by making a rookie mistake... going to the wrong side of that map on encounter mode and not going back to reset in time.  Heck, my win rate sucks compared to him and I wouldn't have made those mistakes.  I consider QB to be a very good player but that wasn't shown in this video.

Edited by strenfoo, Nov 04 2016 - 02:52.

Sask_Outrider #37 Posted Nov 04 2016 - 03:18

Major

• Players
  • 32136 battles

Quickybaby is still better then 99.9% of the people in this game including me and some (but not all) of the players that posted here.

The key point I got is he basically said he was being greedy when he should have been watching the cap circle.  He did not do what needed to be done to win.  The M103 did do what needed to be done to save the game and yet got second last in experience.

Actions of even the worst players can win a game and the best players can take actions to lose a game.  Admittedly it does not happen often but it can happen and not be reflected in the stats and experience for the game.

SaskO

Strigonx #38 Posted Nov 04 2016 - 04:02

Major

• Players
  • 38283 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

Instead of watching QB why not watch Straik? you'll learn much much more from him than from quickyfaggit QB

RamaLamaDingDong2 #39 Posted Nov 04 2016 - 04:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 28390 battles

View PostStriker_70, on Nov 03 2016 - 13:45, said:

Unless of course you platoon with other good players.  Then it becomes easier to win.  Does that mean you're more successful?  No.  It just means you stacked the deck.  It means you chose the game's easy setting over the hard setting.  But no actual gamer considers doing well on the easy setting to be an accomplishment. 

Meet the fan bois in WoT who insist the opposite....prepare for the tin hat comments.

RamaLamaDingDong2 #40 Posted Nov 04 2016 - 04:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 28390 battles
Lot of haters wishing they had a following on You Tube.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users